Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #61
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/153/125 81.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017

Bad day eating-wise yesterday. Had a big binge, so everything got thrown out. I think I know the cause, and although I have a feeling that DH thought I was over reacting (he knows better than to say anything), I need to err on the side of safe rather than sorry when it comes to food. Had some Greek yogurt this AM because my stomach didn't feel so great, and I am going to start pizza soup in a bit. Tomorrow will be brisket because that is my birthday tradition ever since DH's grandmother made it for my first birthday here, 24 years ago. She has been gone for 11 years, but the tradition continues.

Mick - Sorry your neck & arm hurt. Hope you feel better soon. Glad your mom went to the doctor, and hope she is on her way to recovering soon.

Jess - Definitely praying that you have water soon. I can't even imagine how miserable that must be.

Kim - Nice to learn a little more about you. Your family sounds lovely! Hope you're feeling better.

Denise - Looking forward to getting to know you. Looks like you are off to a great start already!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #62
sherlocklabs
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 284/276/145
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: 12/31/17
Dimply: Thanks for the warm welcome!
I know when I go OP, my stomach pays dearly for it. You got back up, dusted yourself off, and got right back on that horse again....that is awesome
I'd love to hear about the pizza soup you mentioned....sounds yummy.
Wishing everyone a great day!

Denise
**Faith**Family**Farm**
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #63
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/186.9/140
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Just a quicky to say hi! ill pop in when work is done. We had a snow day yesterday and I was grateful. Pretty much slept all day because of the stuff I took for pain. Thats was ok as its a sad day when its my deceased siblings b day. Im grateful its friday Be back later.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #64
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
where did my post go?

Sigh. Should I c&p it from my journal. I even made comments on everyone.

Bummer. bbl I guess.

EDIT:
Thanks to DH we finally got water back around 4:45pm Wed.
But a lot had to happen in order for that miracle.

AT 1:00 I drug my dirty self and kids to pay the bill, where I asked about any service disruptions. There were none so they wrote up a work order to check it out. I then went on to the library. While at the library I got the bad news it wasn't the water dept fault. In TN means that they don't care and have no liability for lack of service. It's all on us to fix. Which meant there was a frozen spot somewhere in the 300ft from the house to the meter. After work he checked different spots to which we had access, we put in 2 when we had to rerun the line in 2014, so he checked those and they weren't it. It was between the meter and the cut-off at the top of the driveway...big section... So DH disconnected from the meter and checked there. After about a full 30 sec of no water an ice cylinder popped out causing him to get all muddy from water behind it. He reconnected, turned on the water...still nothing. That meant there was another ice blockage between the otherside of the creek (as in not on the creek) and the house. Huge area. So he was running out of daylight and had to clean up with baby wipes. 20min later the water came to the house. I'm guessing the improved water pressure from the meter once that one icicle was removed, built up enough pressure to break through the one on the hill.

Hubby ordered a really really long extension cord that will stretch from Dad's to the meter, which is a heck of a lot closer than our house, and ordered a heat cord which he will install over the creek for the next time we get in the teens again.

So yay! We have water again. Dishes are almost caught up. Laundry is in process. The kids are giving me a hard time about school as usual.

I'm very thankful how industrious and smart DH is!

I wanted to get a good deep clean in on the house this weekend, but I'll have to grab parts of it as I can. The girls have a b-day party to attend so that's going to take up most of my Saturday. The inlaws are having a dinner after church. So I'll have to do it in chunks over the next couple weeks.

That's about it. Very very thankful on the water.
Have a wonderful day, all.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031

Last edited by jessluvzbacon; 01-12-2018 at 09:06 AM..
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #65
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody. Nothing too exciting to report here. Still have lots of pain at collarbone , shoulder and the area shooting into my upper back on that side of my chest on fire. Man is it puffy. I'm trying to not use it as much as possible all weekend. If it's not any better by Monday I'll make an appointment. I think with all the swelling I definitely pulled a muscle or something. I got have a little embarrassment with some hypoglycemia yesterday at work. I guess that's one way to get an extra break LOL. In all honesty it was a bit embarrassing but what ya going to do? That's a sign to me I need to change a few things in my diet.

We picked up Whoppers today and I put it on one of the smart buns I have. Man was that good. I forgot what a hamburger on bread taste like. The Smart Ones are really good. Too bad I have to order them and they're so expensive.

Kim I'm sorry to hear you have a stomach bug. I do hope you are feeling better.

Jess I'm reading your on day 10. Oh my heavens. I sure hope you get this resolved soon. I can't even imagine prayers going out you need a break.

Denise, it's great to have you join us. I hope you visit often.

Dimply, I hope your stomach is feeling better. Those binges happen don't sweat it. yep Mom is starting to feel better. She still isn't going outside but that's because it's too hard to walk on all the ice in our lovely Sub-Zero weather . Pizza soup sounds great!

I missed your birthday!!! A big huge happy birthday to you!!!!!!

Jess, I just read further down and yippee Yahoo. I see you have water. I can't even imagine how happy you are. Sounds like a lot of work. It's good you know what to do to prevent it for next time. Go DH!

Where on Earth is Finding me?????

Last edited by Mick6; 01-13-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #66
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gregsgirl
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: October 2, 2017
and Junk Food
January 1, 2018 202.2 (Drove through 7 states) No Fitbit
January 2, 2018 201.3 (5 miles) 11,353 steps
January 3, 2018 200.2 (5 miles) 11,388 steps
January 4, 2018 199.5 (3.5 miles)10,489 steps
January 5, 2018 198.6 (5 miles) 17,193 steps
January 6, 2018 198.4 (No exercise) 6,497 steps
January 7, 2018 198.2 (2 miles) 11,134 steps
January 8, 2018 198 (5 miles) 15,611 steps
January 9, 2018 198.2 (5 miles) 15,578 steps
January 10, 2018 198 (6 miles) 16,611 steps
January 11, 2018 197.8 (5 miles) 15,675 steps
January 12, 2018 198. 6 (Night off) 4,636 steps
January 13, 2018 199.1 (8 miles) 24, 466 steps

Just checking in!

ďMaybe, the journey isnít so much about becoming anything. Maybe, itís about unbecoming everything that isnít really you so that you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.Ē

Gregsgirl's Journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=890620
gregsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #67
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Went off the rails again Thursday, but got back on Friday & am hanging in there. It actually felt good to sit down to a dinner of left-over brisket & salad Friday night. Went to a wedding last night & had no cake or even champagne (I was planning to do so before my birthday eating got out of control). I was able to put together a dinner of turkey, salad, cheese, & pickles. The pesto sauce at the pasta station looked good, so I used that as salad dressing. Weird, but it worked. From past experience, I know I need to give myself a week before I feel like I am safe from another binge, but I'm feeling good soldering through right now.

Jess - for water!!! And great job to your DH!

Mick - Hope you're feeling better. So sorry about your hypoglycemic episode. I've only had one, and it was terrifying!

Are you off tomorrow?

I miss FindingMe too!

Denise - Here is the pizza soup recipe. It is one of our faves:

Crockpot Pizza Soup

28 oz can crushed tomatoes
32 oz beef broth
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 med green pepper diced
1 small onion diced
1 cp freshly grated mozzerella cheese
1/4 cp grated parmesan cheese
1 lb. italian sausage
1/4 lb pepperoni (thinly sliced)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 T oregano
1 T basil

1. Brown and crumble the sausage in a fry pan, drain grease and put in crockpot.
2. Add all other ingredients to crockpot except the cheeses. Cook in slow cooker on med for 8 hrs. (my slow cooker only has high & low, so I cook on high for 3 hours, then low for another 3-4 hours. If I am away from home, I cool on low all day then switch to high for last hour.
3. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle cheese on top

Yields about 8 cups, about 12 carbs each (depending on size of pepper & onion) + cheese carbs

Kim - You are really keeping up with your steps! You drove through 7 states in one day???
Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 PM   #68
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

January 13, 2018 199.1 (8 miles) 24,466 steps
January 14, 2018 200.6 (Night off) 6,661 steps
I forgot to put my Fitbit back on until the day was half over!

Hello everyone!
Just checked in!
I have been making some off plan choices that are showing up on the scale.
I made myself stay on plan today. I hope you are all doing well.

Dimply,
Yes, we traveled through 7 states. We went to see the in laws in Pennsylvania and I had to make it back for work. We traveled from PA to WV, OH, IN,IL, MO, OK! Over 20 hours in the car with 3 kids. I was ready for work! Lol!
Have a great night everyone!

ďMaybe, the journey isnít so much about becoming anything. Maybe, itís about unbecoming everything that isnít really you so that you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.Ē

Gregsgirl's Journal
Old 01-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #69
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Kim great job on all the steps!!! One good thing about off plan is we can change it! Im right there with ya!

Dimply sounds like you did great getting right back on track!!! I work today. Ill have to try that soup. Yummy!

As for me personally I did not have a stellar weekend food wise. Ill be doing reorientation until Jan 27 when we are taking everyone out for a b day dinner. I have to quit screwing around here! We are going to have a party 3/17. Im going to see if I can make a size difference people will notice I have not seen since 12/31. Thats going to be tough as there is a big vacation in Feb. Ill be doing CN vacation protocol for that. I worked before so it should work fine again. However I have to work myself into it as it involves basically fasting a good chunk of each day then enjoying.

Im still debating if I want the special meals made on the ship or not. They will accommodate each meal with allergies and help you make your menu a day in advance. Im kind of thinking I do not need all the wheat free products and can get into enough damage with the stuff I know is safe. Dh is saying to do it and make the allergy arrangements. We all know the wheat free subs are all super high carb. Also if I make arrangements we need to have the assigned dining time ( a couple hour window with the same wait staff and table daily) instead of your time dining with no set anything.

I made myself some monster sausage for breakfast.

Ill be bringing lunch and having leftovers for dinner. Ive got a batch of keto chow shake made up for a snack and to get the electrolytes.

Last night I make the Keto meat pie from the diet doctor page. It was absolutely divine! I also made a keto meatloaf I saw of FB. I like having stuff made to reduce cooking.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #70
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Nice day here, sunny & mid-60s, but tomorrow high is only 37 & snow There is a snowflake on my weather app for tomorrow. Snow twice in 6 weeks is

Mick - Would you be able to cancel the special meals after signing up for them? If so, I would sign up for them and try a day or 2, and then if they don't fit your needs, cancel.

Heartbreaker of a Saints game yesterday, but new Hazel pics make up for it. She is 10 months already, and standing up on her chubby little feet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1732.jpg (34.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1731.jpg (26.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #71
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Hello, all!

Sorry to have been MIA. The kids have been home due to snow and nothing has gotten done. lol!

I'll be weighing tomorrow for the first time in a long time!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Ahhhh....Dimply!! Hazel pics make every day better! Thanks for sharing this cutie pie with us! Love that tutu!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #72
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post

Nice day here, sunny & mid-60s, but tomorrow high is only 37 & snow There is a snowflake on my weather app for tomorrow. Snow twice in 6 weeks is

Mick - Would you be able to cancel the special meals after signing up for them? If so, I would sign up for them and try a day or 2, and then if they don't fit your needs, cancel.

Heartbreaker of a Saints game yesterday, but new Hazel pics make up for it. She is 10 months already, and standing up on her chubby little feet

She is adorable! Thanks for sharing the pics!

My eating has been out of control this weekend. But, I am trying to get on plan. I am trying to get my exercise in each day to try to help my crazy ways,

A cruise sounds like so much fun. I hope you have a great time.

I hope everyone else is well and making progress.

Practice makes perfect!

Gregsgirl's Journal
Old 01-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #73
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

************ START -- CURRENT - 04/01 GOAL ---- ( current month ) START

Mick.................. 196.......196 ..........174 .............. XXX
Jess...................167.8.....165.4 .......158................167.8
Dimply................154.5.....154.5.......149... .............154.5
Kim (gregsgirl).....202.2.....199.5.......187......... .......202.2
Denise................284.6......278.4.......245.. ...............284.6

The last of the water is off me, until TOM comes to attack.

Sat we had no internet, Sunday was busy with family nonsense, and yesterday I had to have a filling removed and redone because there was a cavity behind it. How even! It hurt like the dickens when the numbing wore off and was so sensitive to cold. But it is doing better this morning. Still a little tender. One day I'm going to lose that tooth. I went 10 years without dentistry while not having dental and then being pregnant or breastfeeding. By the time I could have an xray, they noticed that a cavity developed between the teeth. So it's already half filling. I won't be surprised if I lose it in the next 10 years. This stinker is obviously nothing but trouble.

We're supposed to get some snow late/afternoon evening. Bleh. We still have water and we have nowhere to go after a teen library event tonight. Gonna be cold!

I'm glad we are all well here for now. I have made elderberry syrup, sans sugar, in the fridge to pound down the next time they bring in more crud.

Wishing you all a happy day. ttfn.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:13 PM   #74
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

So cold here! Right now it is 27 and it is going to get down to 21 DH turned the heat down from 76 to 74 , so I am wearing 2 sweatshirts, a pair of fleece pj bottoms over sweatpants, my heaviest socks, & a pair of Uggs. This is miserable! Yes, I'm a big baby! No snow, but very icy (no sun) & everything is shut down & probably will be tomorrow, at least until mid-morning when the temps rise above freezing.

Jenn - Glad you're back!! Fingers crossed for a good weigh-in.

Isn't Hazel's tutu adorable? I sent her a precious Valentine's Day outfit that has red leggings with an attached tutu. Crossing my fingers that it fits - the child is tall!

Kim - Hope you are getting back on plan. I am craving something sweet so bad, that the only things saving me are nothing sweet in the house & being iced in. Otherwise, bets might be off.

Jess - Glad you still have water! Hope your tooth feels better - toothaches are the worst!

How do you make elderberry syrup? I googled, and it looks like it has a lot of immune-boosting qualities.

Mick - Hope you are well.

Wish FindineMe & better would check in.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
L - 4 pieces of bacon dipped in mayo
D - chicken wings dipped in blue cheese dressing; caesar salad
Old 01-16-2018, 07:32 PM   #75
sherlocklabs
Senior LCF Member

Hello all!
Thanks so much for the recipe Dimply...and that baby is precious!
I wish I could stop in more often...but between work and the farm..leaves little computer time. I've been sticking to plan and have lost 2 more pounds. Hoping to see a 10 pound loss for January...crossing my fingers. I do have to start drinking more water...gonna try to be more attentive to that. Here is wishing everyone a successful day/week. We can do this!!

Denise
**Faith**Family**Farm**
Old 01-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #76
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Dimply- I forgot to say, "HAZEL IS THE CUTEST!!!"
I skip the honey in the syrup and just boil the berries for an hour covered, then strain and mash while straining. It's concentrated that way. I add a little cinnamon and sucralose for it to be palatable as I find them pretty pungent.

1/4c berries in 1 & 1/2 cups water. I make small batches as it's just me that will actually take it. It is supposed to be immune boosting and antiviral. So I take doses multiple times a day when I am sick to help shorten downtime. I just started doing this at the tail-end of this last plague. So I don't have enough data to tell me if it's working or not. We'll see next time. I know there will be one soon. That's what kids in winter are good at. Plague.

Denise- great job on the newest losses!

Kim and Jenn
-

40 yesterday, snowed overnight. We got about 3 or 4 inches. It was all over the road this morning. The snow plow just came through at about 11am. We don't have to go anywhere so I don't care. But they canceled dd15 and ds13's library event (supposed to be at 6pm yesterday) due to forecasts saying the snow would come at 4pm. It was 9 before it started snowing. They are worse and worse about getting things completely wrong.

Annnyway. It's a high of 19deg today. Brrrrrrr.

I don't weigh until Sat morning so I'm just exercising and counting. Being good. And waiting.

Wish you all a wonderful day.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #77
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Everything is still shut down here, but we are only a tad below freezing, and it is sunny. I heard what I thought was more rain, then realized it was the dripping of the ice on the roof melting! Yay!! DH is working from home again today. They closed the office at noon yesterday, and said that if they opened today it wouldn't be until 1:00. But he got a message saying they were closing again. It makes sense since most people's routes to the office are still iced over freeways (and many are still closed), and schools are closed so childcare would be an issue.

Denise - So glad you checked in! Congrats on being down 2 more lbs.

What kind of farm do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
Dimply- I forgot to say, "HAZEL IS THE CUTEST!!!"
I am gonna have to agree

Hope the elderberry helps. I had to lol at plague, but I know that is what it felt like.

Mick - Where are you? Hope all is well.

Stay warm everyone!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - pizza soup
Old 01-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #78
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hey, all, sounds like a lot has been going on! I have been back and forth with my eating since Christmas. I do grade for 3 or 4 days and then I tank. I guess what's important is that I keep coming back. Yesterday I went on a full-out binge. I could feel it coming and I did not know why or how to stop it. When I get like this I feel like the only way I can get back into control is too fast. But I have been having terrible muscle cramps in my legs at night and fasting makes them even worse. Went to the doctor and got a blood test this week, so we will see if it shows anything. I'm sure my electrolytes are out of balance but I don't know if he will be able to figure out what I need to do. Could really use a holistic practitioner at this point.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #79
RavenPoe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenPoe
Stats: 5'9" 295/282/165
WOE: Keto/Atkins/VLC/
Start Date: Back on the rollercoaster 1/1/2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Kim great job on all the steps!!! One good thing about off plan is we can change it! Im right there with ya!

Dimply sounds like you did great getting right back on track!!! I work today. Ill have to try that soup. Yummy!

As for me personally I did not have a stellar weekend food wise. Ill be doing reorientation until Jan 27 when we are taking everyone out for a b day dinner. I have to quit screwing around here! We are going to have a party 3/17. Im going to see if I can make a size difference people will notice I have not seen since 12/31. Thats going to be tough as there is a big vacation in Feb. Ill be doing CN vacation protocol for that. I worked before so it should work fine again. However I have to work myself into it as it involves basically fasting a good chunk of each day then enjoying.

Im still debating if I want the special meals made on the ship or not. They will accommodate each meal with allergies and help you make your menu a day in advance. Im kind of thinking I do not need all the wheat free products and can get into enough damage with the stuff I know is safe. Dh is saying to do it and make the allergy arrangements. We all know the wheat free subs are all super high carb. Also if I make arrangements we need to have the assigned dining time ( a couple hour window with the same wait staff and table daily) instead of your time dining with no set anything.

I made myself some monster sausage for breakfast.

Ill be bringing lunch and having leftovers for dinner. Ive got a batch of keto chow shake made up for a snack and to get the electrolytes.

Last night I make the Keto meat pie from the diet doctor page. It was absolutely divine! I also made a keto meatloaf I saw of FB. I like having stuff made to reduce cooking.

-Hi there, you sound so much like me I laughed reading your post. I was just wondering about the meat pie recipe you're talking about, not sure about a dr page. I have been on and off this thread but post mostly in the 'Over 100 lbs to lose' one.

Raven
RavenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #80
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

It was 3 deg here this morning. Still have water!

Dimply- sending warm vibes to you.
betterthanever- I have had issues with cramping.
I have Sjogren's (a.k.a "dry body disease") so my body just won't make enough moisture and it isn't good at hydration either. So even though I'm no longer keto, I still have to supplement sodium like I am. I do not drink caffeine after 2 or 3pm. I get RLS that terminates in painful foot cramps if I do. Also, I need to get a minimum of 3,000-5000mg of sodium daily. Once you get the sodium up regularly, it helps your body to preserve the other electrolytes. I must supplement magnesium. I'm bad at retaining it. I take about 400mg daily. I've also found that I personally must supplement potassium as well. I do this, just a little bit, with a few shakes of potassium salt (No Salt or Nu-Salt) in the electrolyte drinks I make.

Until you get word from a doc, or if you even get any help that way since they aren't great with that sort of thing I've found, I recommend getting 3,000-5000mg sodium per day, supplementing mag (pill) or doing epsom salt baths, and (for a week while you are getting your sodium replenished) get some potassium salt. This needs to be done daily. Most people can quit the potassium once the salt level is replenished. Oh, and of course drinking enough water, but not too much. Too much water actually makes you flush out more electrolytes.

I usually do this by making ketoade (my version of gatorade -but which actually has enough electrolytes in it): 8-12oz water, 1/4tsp salt, 8 shakes of Nu-Salt, water flavoring (Mio or Crystal Light). Mix and chug 2 of these per day. You may need more but I would start with 2. Since your issues are nightly, 1 might be drunk before bed. Alternately, you could do bouillon with added Nu-Salt/NoSalt. That works as well.

This is just my experience and feel free to say thanks but no thanks.
Since I have adopted this, I feel better, and I do not get foot and leg cramps.

Wishing every one a wonderful day.

Last edited by jessluvzbacon; 01-18-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Old 01-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #81
gregsgirl
Senior LCF Member

January 13, 2018 199.1 (8 miles) 24,466 steps
January 14, 2018 200.6 (Night off) 6,661 steps
January 15, 2018 200.6 (8 miles) 21,066 steps
January 16, 2018 200 (Night off) 4,795 steps I got back up! Lol!
January 17, 2018 198.6 (Bible Study/ Exercising my mind) 3,497 steps
January 18, 2018 198.6 (8 miles) 19,323 steps

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. I hope it is warming up where you are located.
After a freezing cold week, we are supposed to see 60 degrees tomorrow! I hope they are right.

I have had a full day and need to lunch get in bed. I have to get up for work early in the morning. I hope you are all making progress towards your goals!

Good night!

Gregsgirl's Journal
Old 01-19-2018, 09:58 AM   #82
sherlocklabs
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Just a quicky to say hi! ill pop in when work is done. We had a snow day yesterday and I was grateful. Pretty much slept all day because of the stuff I took for pain. Thats was ok as its a sad day when its my deceased siblings b day. Im grateful its friday Be back later.

Mick: Glad you are getting the rest you need. So sorry about the sadness you are feeling ....you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dimply: We have 700 blueberry, grass fed beef cows, meat chickens , Egg layers, bushes and Turkeys currently (pasture raised). I'm hoping to get a few sheep in the Spring this year. We both work full time jobs AND tend the farm AND run 3 kids around to sports activities....sometime my head is whirling ....but I feel blessed everyday....and we love it.
I try to check in everyday to support everyone ...but the opportunity doesn't always happen. Please know that I do support everyone and will try to touch base as often as I can.

I've been on plan all week (I eat simply all week.....I need to be very strict with myself for the majority of the time to stay on track)....my clothes and bras are fitting much better....so I'm looking forward to weighing myself on Sunday morning. I've got a busy weekend planned....hoping to get a couple batches of soap made. I make it once or twice a year....for our home and for family. It lasts us the entire year.....I'm down to my last bar...so I need to make some ASAP.
Here is wishing everyone a successful day!

Denise
**Faith**Family**Farm**

Last edited by sherlocklabs; 01-19-2018 at 10:11 AM..
Old 01-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #83
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

55 for a high today, and back into the 70s tomorrow It will go back down to the mod-60s next week, but after high temps below freezing this week, 60s seems toasty. It's rainy & ugly, but at least we don't have to worry about ice.

better - I have the same issues with a little more here & there escalating into a binge. Happened last week. Not sure what the remedy is, but like you said, the important thing is that we keep trying. You never fail until you quit trying.

I second Jess on magnesium & potassium for leg cramps.

Kim - lol at exercising your mind Wednesday. Your number of steps is

Jess - 3 degrees???? OMG! Glad you still have water. They are having horrible issues in parts of NOLA with water, or lack of. The parish told everyone not to run water due to rationing, which led to frozen & burst pipes. My younger brother & SIL had frozen pipes, but they bought their house from one of the city's most successful plumbing business owners and he came over and got them unfrozen in 30 minutes, so they were lucky. There is no water at the airport (they had to bring in porta-potties), schools & some restaurants are closed. A mess!

The magnesium & potassium have been helping my leg cramps, but I am going to keep your ketoade in mind if I get dehydrated or my electrolytes get too out of whack for the mag & potassium to fix.

Hope everyone is healthy!

Denise - My head was whirling just reading your post You are one busy lady!! Do you sell meat?

I'm with you about having to keep eating simple. I am trying to add a little more here & there since I am a little less than 25 lbs to goal, and I am clueless about how to maintain. I always say that I better have no weight or food issues in my next life!

Raven - Glad you checked in. Hope all is well.

Has anyone heard from Mick? I hope she is OK.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-20-2018, 08:48 AM   #84
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post

55 for a high today, and back into the 70s tomorrow It will go back down to the mod-60s next week, but after high temps below freezing this week, 60s seems toasty. It's rainy & ugly, but at least we don't have to worry about ice.

Has anyone heard from Mick? I hope she is OK.

Have a good day all!
Yeah. I hope Mick is doing ok.

It's warmer here yesterday and 50s here today. Thank goodness. Our driveway was still snow and ice yesterday morn but by 2 it was clear. Which was good because we had to go out.

My weight is evil. TOM is looming so that's that for this week.
But it isn't here yet, just making me a witch.

I'm off to clean the whole house. Deep clean. I won't get it all done today but I'll break a sweat trying.

TTFN.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #85
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
It was 3 deg here this morning. Still have water!

Dimply- sending warm vibes to you.
betterthanever- I have had issues with cramping.
I have Sjogren's (a.k.a "dry body disease") so my body just won't make enough moisture and it isn't good at hydration either. So even though I'm no longer keto, I still have to supplement sodium like I am. I do not drink caffeine after 2 or 3pm. I get RLS that terminates in painful foot cramps if I do. Also, I need to get a minimum of 3,000-5000mg of sodium daily. Once you get the sodium up regularly, it helps your body to preserve the other electrolytes. I must supplement magnesium. I'm bad at retaining it. I take about 400mg daily. I've also found that I personally must supplement potassium as well. I do this, just a little bit, with a few shakes of potassium salt (No Salt or Nu-Salt) in the electrolyte drinks I make.

Until you get word from a doc, or if you even get any help that way since they aren't great with that sort of thing I've found, I recommend getting 3,000-5000mg sodium per day, supplementing mag (pill) or doing epsom salt baths, and (for a week while you are getting your sodium replenished) get some potassium salt. This needs to be done daily. Most people can quit the potassium once the salt level is replenished. Oh, and of course drinking enough water, but not too much. Too much water actually makes you flush out more electrolytes.

I usually do this by making ketoade (my version of gatorade -but which actually has enough electrolytes in it): 8-12oz water, 1/4tsp salt, 8 shakes of Nu-Salt, water flavoring (Mio or Crystal Light). Mix and chug 2 of these per day. You may need more but I would start with 2. Since your issues are nightly, 1 might be drunk before bed. Alternately, you could do bouillon with added Nu-Salt/NoSalt. That works as well.

This is just my experience and feel free to say thanks but no thanks.
Since I have adopted this, I feel better, and I do not get foot and leg cramps.

Wishing every one a wonderful day.
Thanks. I was taking three or four grams of sodium tablets every day, about a gram of magnesium, and a little bit of potassium. I've done magnesium spray on my legs at night, and epsom salt baths. Nothing seem to be helping. My test results showed everything was at normal level, so that was no help. I reduced magnesium and sodium, and increased potassium this week, and so far so good. I really want to fast to get this eating under control, but I'm so afraid of being up all night long with the cramping
Old 01-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #86
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend. We have been in the 70s this weekend, and it has been nice to not to have to bundle up to go outside.

Yesterday I was craving anything & everything. I even ordered 3 boxes of GS cookies from the owner of my nail salon's daughter, and was about to break into one of the pecan rolls my in-laws gave us for Christmas. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I knew I would be tempted to order something off plan, and he is my enabler. Plus, there were some things we had to either eat or throw out. Took a nap, had 2 glasses of wine & was feeling somewhat better, when mystery solved, TOM came early Glad I didn't get on the scale yesterday like I was planning.

yesterday:
B: coffee w/DaVincis
D: left over brisket, sausage, & cucumber salad, 2.5 deviled egg halves, 2 glasses of pinot
Old 01-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #87
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Sigh. Friday I actually stopped at the grocery store SPECIFICALLY to buy carbage to binge on. Haven't done that in 3 years. So, it's good I haven't done it in that long, but bad that it happened. Things are stressful at work-one teacher broke down on Thursday and had to take a mental health day Friday. Just a LOT being asked of us, on top of trying to get the kids back on track after CHristmas. So, I guess that's what was hitting me. I stayed away from the carbage today, and am still trying to psych myself up to doing a fast. At least I ate low carb all day today.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #88
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Woah! Denise! I thought I was busy! You put me to shame, lady! lol! Love your spirit!!

Dimply *hugs* Sorry tom showed up early!

FM- so sorry you are so stressed!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I found out recently that my grandmother was diabetic (I had no idea!) and that my mother's Dr just told her that she is prediabetic. No way do I want to go down that road, so I am taking the bull by the horns and recommitting myself to my WOE. I did okay yesterday and really well today. Hoping tomorrow is even better! I'll try to get better about popping in!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:52 AM   #89
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

We have had the flu something fierce in our house. I thought the swine flu years ago was the worst I have ever felt. I now take that back. I think a new born kitten could have kicked my behind with how I felt and dh was in the same boat. On a good note I guess the flu was just the rest my shoulder needed as it feels 90% better. You know we did a lot of sweating. We seriously had salt rings on the sheets. I think we got more sleep than in the last 5 years. I am very grateful that is over. Dh went back to work and wow what a day to go weather wise. We have a bad storm so our schools are closed throughout a lot of the state.

Im sure my weight is down due to dehydration. I finally got dressed in real clothes and had to tighten my belt a notch this morning. I know it will not last as now I am hungry as a bear trying to decided what sounds good to try that wont upset my stomach after not eating for so long besides full sugar poweraid. I hope to never drink power-aid again!

Ive got to read back and see what I missed. I hope all of you stay safe from all the flu going around! I was so worried we would get it right before our trip next month. I guess that wont be a concern now.

Handbells thanks for the PM. I'm sorry about your mom and grandmother. Your right to grab it by the horns. They say type 2 is a large part lifestyle and in our control.

Betterthanever I'm very sorry to hear the stress it hitting so hard. Be kind to yourself. Maybe instead of worrying about fasting just concentrate on feeding your self good and pampering yourself a bit.

Dimply I didnt realize it was girl-scout cookie time already. Darn that TOM. That does explain the cravings though. Those pics of Hazel are adorable!!!! What a little doll!!! I dont know if I can cancel the special meals. I would think so. However I would still have to question the waiter on ingredients. We know I dont really need the wheat free treats etc.

Gregsgirl it looks like you have been very busy stepping away on top of the rest of lifes activities. Way to go!

Raven the keto meat pie is on the Diet Dr. website. I dont think Im allowed to link directly on this site. If you search there its is easy to find and worth the search for sure!

Denise you sound very busy! My ears perked up reading blueberries and cows! Great job staying on plan while you are so very busy!

Jess I hope you and the family are doing well and the witchy pms is ebating!

Has anyone heard from FINDINGME???

Last edited by Mick6; 01-22-2018 at 10:55 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #90
SlimWithin26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimWithin26
Stats: Start 321.4/288.4 restart/199
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Final Restart April 22, 2017
Hello. Everyone. I am starting Atkins 72 tomorrow. Hoping it will help with the recently diagnosed arthritis in my left knee. Hope you dont mind me joining. My bday is right around Easter so losing weight and feeling better will be a great plus.

I will post my stats and challenge goals tomorrow as i will take measurements and weight tomorrow morning.

[COLOR=Purple]SlimWithin26[/COLOR]
SlimWithin26 is offline   Reply With Quote