Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/186.9/140
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Thinner By EASTER 2018 Challenge

To the ladies that have been with me since 1/1/2017 on our first challenge ~together a HUGE HUGE huge thank you to you! I know Id still be topping 238.8 without you.

To anyone who would like to join us jump right on in!!! Come on you know you will be styling in a new Easter outfit or pondering the sping and coming summer clothes. What a relief it will be to have less lumps and bumps to worry about and a smaller size range to chose from.

There are no rules but check in with us and pick a reasonable goal you would like to try to hit by Easter. Doesnt matter if your on plan or off plan. You can share your weight or not share. Come give and get support!!! Thats what our challenge group is for. It does not matter what plan you are on.

Our old challenge ends 12/24. Im up for suggestions on starting this on on the 25th or another date.

BETTER THAN EVER~ Thanks for suggesting Easter for the challenge. I just realized that is my B day and what a nice gift to me to continue the gift of better health and hopefully a smaller pants size!

Last edited by Mick6; 12-22-2017 at 08:26 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #2
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

************** START -- CURRENT - 04/01 GOAL ---- (current month) START

Mick................... xxx........xxx .........174 ............... XXX
Old 12-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014

Jess................... xxx........xxx .........158.................xxx

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #4
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/153/125 81.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
I will update my stats Sunday. These challenges have been awesome, and I hope some of our old friends come back. And maybe even some new ones. I can't imagine this journey without y'all, and I would probably be higher than my start weight. Sad but true.
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Dimply................154.5.....154.5.......149... .............154.5
Old 12-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #6
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
I'm in! Will update later!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Dimply I agree 100%!

Good to see ya Jess and Jenn!

I said I was eating what I wanted around the allergies for the festivities. Well I did all 3 and I must say I am ready to go back to lower carb. Ill be curious what the scale says as I feel bloated. Our celebrations are done and we are going to a movies in a bit.

I will be having a NY EVE bash but that one will be easy to keep lower carb. Ill be having lunch with friends a few times this week too but I can handle that one fine also. As much as I love all the fun I might be happy to see Jan 1 so things slow down.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #8
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I ate crap and I'm glad to be back on-plan today. Whew!

Old 12-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Oh wow JESS!!! I just read about the water thing with your dad and the goat pen!!! Your due some really good luck now!!!

Well ladies I almost feel off the scale this morning!! Oh yes I put on a big big chunk of weight in 3 days of feasting! Almost 10 pounds.

I started the day with BPC, eggs, sausage and bacon for lunch, I'll probably have a keto chow shake for dinner and snack. I want to use my cream up.

************** START -- CURRENT - 04/01 GOAL ---- ( current month ) START

Mick................... 196........196 .........174 ............... XXX
Dimply................154.5.....154.5.......149... .............154.5
Old 12-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #10
RavenPoe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenPoe
Stats: 5'9" 295/283/165
WOE: Keto/Atkins/VLC
Start Date: Back on the rollercoaster 1/1/2018
re- Easter challenge

Count me in!
Current- 285
Will update later

Raven
RavenPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I thoroughly enjoyed feasting Sunday & Monday, but after yesterday's dinner I was thinking how happy I would be to get back to low carb. But it didn't stop me from having dessert

Woke up with this morning my throat on fire. My first thought was that it will turn into a cold, but as the day went on it got worse & worse, and it kind of feels like strep. If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow I'll go to the dr.

Jess - What a weekend At least everyone is feeling better.

Mick - What movie did you see? I am sure the weight you gained will be gone by New Years.

RavenPoe. Glad you have joined us!

Hazel's first Christmas! I love the bow on her big head She is having tubes put in her ears tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HazelChristmas.jpg (35.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #12
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Well I wooshed off a few pounds of bloat overnight. I was on a roll and snitched a piece of toffee. I need all this crap food out of my house! DH agreed after the party it all goes.

I went shopping after my appointment today. I was having problems trying on clothes and either they sized them up or I am a little smaller than I thought. Anyways! I got 4 new tops a paid of fitted jeans and some killer boots. Seriously that took me 4 hours and a whole mall! I hate shopping.

Todays eats:

coffee with butter and collagen

nuts and a shake

a few more nuts

chicken and berries and a piece of toffee

Im wondering where our friend FINDINGME is!!! FINDINGME we miss you!

DIMPLY I am so sorry to hear your throat hurts so bad! Hope it feels better by tomorrow. Fingers crossed! We saw Jumanji. It was really good. OH my gosh I think my heart just melted at the cuteness of Hazels new pic!! I hope everything goes smoothly for her tomorrow! I wish our group had a private place to share pics like the private groups on FB. I have so many Id love to share.

RAVEN Nice to have you join us!!!! I look forward to seeing you demolish the goals you set.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #13
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well in the waning days of 2017.

I started feeling much worse as today went on, and couldn't swallow because my glands were tender and my throat was sore. I was also congested because it hurt my throat too bad to cough. Went to the dr and my strep & flu tests were negative, thank goodness, but I have a bacterial infection and am running a lowish fever. I got a shot which really eased my throat pain so I can swallow & cough, and 2 prescriptions, so I am good to go. I'll be adding yogurt for the next week since antibiotics have a tendency to tear my stomach up.

They didn't have me get on the scale, just asked me my weight, but my size 10 jeans are still comfy (even after having been in the dryer), so hopefully these past couple of days of not being able to eat have helped to undo some of the damage done from Christmas Eve/Day.

Hazel got tubes put in her ears today. She did well, but my brother said she was pissed after the procedure, and SIL said she has been fussy off & on all day. Poor baby, but she was all smiles before, and how adorable does she look in her little hospital gown The yellow band around her ankle is a fall risk band I guess most 9 month olds are fall risks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HazelHospital1.jpg (26.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HazelHospital2.jpg (26.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HazelHospital3.jpg (25.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #14
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Mick! You snuck in while I was posting Glad some poundage whooshed off & for smaller sizes!!! Sizes have not gotten bigger recently as far as I can tell, so it is all you and your hard work!

Sorry about the toffee. I bought some 1/2 price Godiva Christmas candy at CVS while waiting for my prescriptions; as if I don't have over a pound of various chocolates that my sister brought me from Europe

Glad you liked Jumanji. I want to see it - The Rock is We had tickets to see The Last Jedi yesterday but I was feeling so lousy that DH brought a friend instead. He wants to see it again, so I will have a chance after New Years. I like Star Wars OK, but DH & his friend are huge fans & he says I ask too many questions anyway

Hazel's parents are also huge Star Wars fans (and her big sis Evelyn). Here she is with a (photo shopped) light saber. I called her a Jedi, but DH pointed out that she is wearing a Storm Trooper hat, and Storm Troopers are definitely not Jedi's. I say she is too sweet to be on the dark side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StarWarsHazel.jpg (37.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hey all... feeling like crap, cuz that's how I've been eating.
Mick--like you, I'm up 10 lbs. Maybe more cuz I'm not back on track yet. On top of Christmas (3 day celebration), my bday is tomorrow. And kids couldn't all get here til Friday, so I feel like I'm waiting for that to get on track. I keep trying to not eat, then see all the crap out and... Maybe tomorrow I'll start differently--eat a big lc meal. And maybe I should pack everything away tonight...at least make it harder to get to (I want to serve stuff Friday when my kids come). Sigh.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #16
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

better!!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #17
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Well I wooshed off a little more to make 4 gone. . Nothing like being up all night running to the potty! Ive still got plenty to go! I got up this morning and had a piece of the toffee and tossed the rest out. Im the only one that loves it. I know I won't be 100% fully back on CN until the 1st. I sure am not beating myself up about it. Ive made some nice progress in 2017. Im not busting out of 18 and 20's but buying 12 's and large tops instead of 2x. Now just if the boobs would shrink I said I wouldnt do anything I couldnt keep up and that includes holidays, vacations, celebrations etc. Sure I would have loved to do it faster but lets face it I am not that disciplined!!! Also LOL slow makes the Dr nice and happy since he says it is better for my long term success and keeping it off.

I was supposed to be out with friends but a couple are down with a bug we we postponed. Ive been packing away the Christmas decor and trying to decide what I want to serve at the NYE party. Tomorrow I have my mammo and will pick up a friend to go out of town for the day to meet another friend. The weather better cooperate!

My muscles are hurting . I best not be getting a bug or a flare or I will be furious.

DIMPLY~ Im glad to hear you got some meds so you can get on the mend. I am however sorry to hear you feel poorly! Hazel looks so darn cute in her little gown! I like the one with the lite saber too I bet that is a big relief to you all the tube procedure went well. I hope it stops the ear issues. Ha ha DH says I ask too many questions also! have you heard from Findingme? I had a PM with a ? a while back and we have not had a pop in since.

BETTER~ A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! Enjoy your celebration with the kids tomorrow and just do the best you can today. You've shown those pounds who is boss and I bet you had slips along the way. I know its hard not to get discouraged but we are going to falter. We are only human!
Old 12-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #18
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Hey all... feeling like crap, cuz that's how I've been eating.
Mick--like you, I'm up 10 lbs. Maybe more cuz I'm not back on track yet. On top of Christmas (3 day celebration), my bday is tomorrow. And kids couldn't all get here til Friday, so I feel like I'm waiting for that to get on track. I keep trying to not eat, then see all the crap out and... Maybe tomorrow I'll start differently--eat a big lc meal. And maybe I should pack everything away tonight...at least make it harder to get to (I want to serve stuff Friday when my kids come). Sigh.
Mine is Monday. But I'll indulge Sun night for NYE and that will be the end of indulging for a long while.

Mick6: I'm sorry you are aching. I hope you feel better soon. Go away, flare.
Thanks to the supplements I'm taking, my flares around TOM are really mild and sometimes nonexistent. I guess that's an upshot for making me retain more water all the time. This time, my eyes behaved about as much as a normal day. I just had some burning in my joints.

Dimply- I hope you are feeling 100% very soon.
That Hazel!!! Star Wars

I'm working on maintaining until my b-day celebration.
There's some family drama involving the inlaws and SIL16 that has me very stressed out. Why can't people be grown-ups that are supposed to be adults. Sigh...
I guess I'm going to kill my workout today again to dissipate the cranky. This is not the time of the month for me to have to deal with stuff like this.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 12-28-2017, 08:09 PM   #19
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Mick--what's "CN"?

Well, I thought a lot about things last night. Decided I was sick and tired of feeling awful, both physically (my body is NOT used to all that sugar!!) and emotionally (feeling like a weak failure, not staying away from the sugar). So, I decided I would be NICE to myself today for my bday and stay on plan! And, I did it! I feel SO much better, all the way around! I'm amazed that I'm able to choose this--to choose not to eat the carbage because I WANT to be good to myself and my body! Pretty amazing.

So, I didn't yet pick out what restaurant we're going to tomorrow for my bday celebration. If I was still eating carbage, it would be Italian or a great pizza place. But now, we'll need to head for steak or burgers. My family doesn't care, they'll do whatever I ask. DH doesn't understand, but he'll support my decision. He still wonders, "Don't you want to go off plan just for this?" but he's more accepting of my "odd" choices now that I've been doing this for as long as I have.

Part of me wants to get back to the routine of school, so my eating will be easier. But I know I also need the rest. So I'm trying to think of other things I can do to be "kind" to myself for the next 5 days, so I can feel rested and rejuvenated when I go back to teaching. And I'll follow today's plan, of eating as much lc as I want, so I stay on plan (I was trying to not eat, but then I kept slipping. This is working better).
Old 12-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #20
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Still feeling pretty lousy. No appetite but am forcing down about a cup of Greek yogurt so the antibiotics don't affect me tummy-wise. Even water is This sucks!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #21
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. Truth time. I'm up at least 13 lbs, and could not put on one pair of jeans this morning.�� Have to go to my bday dinner in sweat pants. Stayed on track yesterday. But only 5 days to fit back into my pants for work! Might have to fast...
Old 12-30-2017, 07:43 AM   #22
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

JESS what flares are you taking that are helping? It was only really achy a day so not bad at all. Your a new year baby!! happy early b day! Big hug on the family drama!

BETTER CN is Carb Nite Solution. I dont tend to post too much about my CN day as I dont want to trigger anyone. Good for you being good to yourself!!! Im glad you are feeling better! I am betting you will woosh that water weight off before you know it. I hope you had a nice b day with the family!

DIMPLY I am so sorry you are feeling so lousy! I sure hope you turn the corner and feel good soon!!! Man it is hard to get better when your fighting so with even water. Is it the meds making you sicker?

FINDINGME I am worrying about you!!!

Well Ive got to go shopping for the NYE party soon. Most of the stuff i am making will be suitable for getting back strict on plan 1-1-2018. After all I need to buy a new formal for Feb and I'm shooting to be down one more size by then! Im also shooting for not spending a lot!

I was so frustrated the other day with someone telling me it is impossible for an adult to get food allergies and the Dr was wrong and I was full of crap after declining food. Oh yes because I want to be different, not be able to breath and have to draw attention to myself trying to eat and be able to breath after. Let alone the GI problems after exposure. I decided rather than let people get to me over doing something I need to I am going to have a very rude standard answer to shut anyone who knows what it better for my health that Mayo Clinic does.

We are supposed to be -20 tomorrow! I always hate to see it that cold on NYE. It seems some one always passes out drunk in a snowbank and dies from the cold. It always scares me.

Im glad to see our city has some churches open for the homeless since the missions are full and some cant make it far enough to the warming houses. The homeless always make me cry. A lot of people think we are crazy giving rides etc to a warming house or interacting with them but sorry I grew up with parents that ran a mission. I fully get why many are homeless. I spent a good chunk of my childhood with them and saw it firsthand. We will be stopping in one of the parking garages the homeless sleep in today and dropping off more blankets. I hope this weather doesnt last a month.

I had an early appointment at the clinic yesterday and went out of town with 1 friend to see another friend for the day. We had a great time! I sure love my friends

The lady doing my mammogram said you've lost some weight I see in the last year. I said yes but how did she know. She said my breast were a little smaller. She showed me the side by side 3d images. They were! I was so happy I could have hugged her! I have always had too much boobage. They seem the same to me since I am smaller but yeah they shrank a little! Im contemplating a lift and reduction at goal weight.My insurance will pay for the reduction part. Its so silly but I was so excited they shrank some!
Old 12-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #23
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/126.4/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
I stumbled upon your thread! Hi Mick!! I wondered what happened to you, looks like you’re killing it weight wise!! We are in Green Bay today visiting my mom- I will wave when we pass by Eau Claire I’m wearing my Vikings sweatshirt and trying to not get beat up.. lol

I know I hate hate the snowbank passout stories.. the only thing worse is a child being left out in the cold by a drunk parent.. we get our share of those stories too.

Happy New Year everyone!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 12-30-2017 at 08:25 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #24
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Mick6- It's a version of a dry-eye supplement I found mentioned on a Sjogren's forum. It's not sold in the US anymore. It has fenugreek and alpha lipoic acid and omega 3s. I added a sea buckthorn oil supplement (omega 7) too even though that is not in it but is recommended by some for that. I used to get flares the couple days leading up to TOM. I don't know why it's gotten them almost non-existent but I'll take it. That's about all the effect they've had though. I still have to take the pilocarpine and put goop and eye drops in repeatedly at night but I'll take whatever benefits I can get.

Dd9 passed her sick onto me. Blurgh!
I'll post better later.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #25
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Feeling much better. Everything is draining now (sorry for TMI), so hopefully soon I will not feel like my head & chest weigh 100 lbs each. Still have little to no voice, but at least no more sore throat. Yesterday I had some vegetable soup & 2 pickle spears from Jason's Deli. Between that & Greek yogurt I ate 3 days' worth of carbs, but at this point I don't care.

My endo called me yesterday to let me know that my lab results are bad, so she called in thyroid meds rather than waiting until Friday when I see her again. I took a look, and everything she tested is either too low or too high. Except my blood glucose level which is

jess - New Years baby! Cool! My due date was NYE, but I decided to cook for another 11 days. You, me, & better are all Capricorns.

I'm glad the supplements are helping your TOM flare-ups, and I hope the family drama is resolved soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Ugh. Truth time. I'm up at least 13 lbs, and could not put on one pair of jeans this morning.�� Have to go to my bday dinner in sweat pants. Stayed on track yesterday. But only 5 days to fit back into my pants for work! Might have to fast...
I hope you had a nice birthday dinner with your family. The weight is probably a lot water & should be off soon if you stick to plan. I confess that I do not get rid of old clothes when I lose weight because my track record for maintenance is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
DIMPLY I am so sorry you are feeling so lousy! I sure hope you turn the corner and feel good soon!!! Man it is hard to get better when your fighting so with even water. Is it the meds making you sicker?
I don't think the meds were making me sicker, just needed this stupid infection to run its course. It's still running I have to go to Whole Foods today to buy cole slaw fixings because it will be too cold tomorrow. Nowhere near as cold as you, but cold for us. We are expecting highs of only 37 & 39 Monday & Tuesday. That's wonderful that you assist with the homeless in your city. We served Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless growing up, and my parents' church has been bringing food every weekend for years. I helped pack meals up for a lot of my childhood/teen years. I volunteer at the food bank now, but haven't really kept up with it since the summer. I will definitely be making more of an effort in 2018.

Can't believe anyone said that to you about your allergies. People can be so rude!

for being able to tell the shrinkage with the girls! I think a reduction/lift is a great idea when you reach goal. I just want to get my arms done, which insurance will not cover because I didn't have weight loss surgery. Makes no sense to me, but I know that doctors have their ways of getting it approved so hopefully that will work out for me.

I got a PM from FM also, but haven't heard anything since. I'm worried too.

Is this a fashionista baby or what? I would wear that outfit! So cute
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HazelFashion.jpg (21.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #26
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

deanslist.

Jess - sorry you're sick. Again!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #27
Erica8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Erica8
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2018
I am in, just have to add my stats. I was on these forums years ago (like 10...yikes) and loved it here. Back into LC and need all the help I can get Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Erica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #28
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Feeling tons better today. We were supposed to have about 10 people over tomorrow but cancelled earlier in the week after I saw the doctor. I'm glad we did since in no way am I up to getting the house, food, and myself ready! I'll still make black-eyed peas & cole slaw, just in much smaller proportions. Skipping the cornbread, but bought some brioche rolls yesterday that I am surprisingly not tempted by.

Erica8! Glad you have joined us!!

Be safe tonight and keep warm!!! xoxo
Old 12-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #29
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
I stumbled upon your thread! Hi Mick!! I wondered what happened to you, looks like you’re killing it weight wise!! We are in Green Bay today visiting my mom- I will wave when we pass by Eau Claire I’m wearing my Vikings sweatshirt and trying to not get beat up.. lol

I know I hate hate the snowbank passout stories.. the only thing worse is a child being left out in the cold by a drunk parent.. we get our share of those stories too.

Happy New Year everyone!
It is so good to see you! Ok ill be waiting for a wave and a honk!!! Have a great time in Green Bay! your a brave lady with that sweatshirt Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
Mick6- It's a version of a dry-eye supplement I found mentioned on a Sjogren's forum. It's not sold in the US anymore. It has fenugreek and alpha lipoic acid and omega 3s. I added a sea buckthorn oil supplement (omega 7) too even though that is not in it but is recommended by some for that. I used to get flares the couple days leading up to TOM. I don't know why it's gotten them almost non-existent but I'll take it. That's about all the effect they've had though. I still have to take the pilocarpine and put goop and eye drops in repeatedly at night but I'll take whatever benefits I can get.

Dd9 passed her sick onto me. Blurgh!
I'll post better later.
Im so glad you found something that works for you. Wow am i sorry to hear your dear kiddo shared something not to fun with you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post

Feeling much better. Everything is draining now (sorry for TMI), so hopefully soon I will not feel like my head & chest weigh 100 lbs each. Still have little to no voice, but at least no more sore throat. Yesterday I had some vegetable soup & 2 pickle spears from Jason's Deli. Between that & Greek yogurt I ate 3 days' worth of carbs, but at this point I don't care.

My endo called me yesterday to let me know that my lab results are bad, so she called in thyroid meds rather than waiting until Friday when I see her again. I took a look, and everything she tested is either too low or too high. Except my blood glucose level which is

jess - New Years baby! Cool! My due date was NYE, but I decided to cook for another 11 days. You, me, & better are all Capricorns.

I'm glad the supplements are helping your TOM flare-ups, and I hope the family drama is resolved soon.

I hope you had a nice birthday dinner with your family. The weight is probably a lot water & should be off soon if you stick to plan. I confess that I do not get rid of old clothes when I lose weight because my track record for maintenance is

I don't think the meds were making me sicker, just needed this stupid infection to run its course. It's still running I have to go to Whole Foods today to buy cole slaw fixings because it will be too cold tomorrow. Nowhere near as cold as you, but cold for us. We are expecting highs of only 37 & 39 Monday & Tuesday. That's wonderful that you assist with the homeless in your city. We served Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless growing up, and my parents' church has been bringing food every weekend for years. I helped pack meals up for a lot of my childhood/teen years. I volunteer at the food bank now, but haven't really kept up with it since the summer. I will definitely be making more of an effort in 2018.

Can't believe anyone said that to you about your allergies. People can be so rude!

for being able to tell the shrinkage with the girls! I think a reduction/lift is a great idea when you reach goal. I just want to get my arms done, which insurance will not cover because I didn't have weight loss surgery. Makes no sense to me, but I know that doctors have their ways of getting it approved so hopefully that will work out for me.

I got a PM from FM also, but haven't heard anything since. I'm worried too.

Is this a fashionista baby or what? I would wear that outfit! So cute
I am so very glad to hear you are finally starting to feel better!!! I was worried when you said you were feeling worse! I think you needed some nutrition. Carbs be damned.

I hope they get all your lab levels regulated. I think they can approve the surgerys if the affected skid gets infections etc. It sure never hurts to ask.

That is cold for your side of the country!!! I think it might be worse when your not used to it really.

Yep she is a cute cute cute little fashionista!!!

I hope we hear from FM soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica8 View Post
I am in, just have to add my stats. I was on these forums years ago (like 10...yikes) and loved it here. Back into LC and need all the help I can get Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
We are thrilled to have you join us!!! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Feeling tons better today. We were supposed to have about 10 people over tomorrow but cancelled earlier in the week after I saw the doctor. I'm glad we did since in no way am I up to getting the house, food, and myself ready! I'll still make black-eyed peas & cole slaw, just in much smaller proportions. Skipping the cornbread, but bought some brioche rolls yesterday that I am surprisingly not tempted by.

Erica8! Glad you have joined us!!

Be safe tonight and keep warm!!! xoxo
Yeah even feeling better than the last post is awesome!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE everyone!!!

Ive got about 30 people coming so I have to get my slow behind in gear and go work on the food!!! Ill be back tomorrow and ready to roll!!!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #30
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year!!!

Jess!!!

Feeling much better; fingers crossed that it continues.

Weight is the same I was hoping that being sick & barely eating for almost a week would be good for a few pounds, & I didn't eat that badly over Christmas, but no biggie. The only reason I really care is that I have to go to the doctor Friday & I would like to see a loss. And I was hoping to lose 100 lbs. in 2017, but I can't complain about losing 96.5!

Black-eyed peas, cole slaw, & the leftover champagne are what's for dinner tonight.

Hope everyone had fun last night, and is having a great day today.

yesterday:
B - hot tea w/Toranis
D - mayo/parm chicken; salad w/lettuce, olive salad, Italian garlic dressing
champagne at midnight

Last edited by Dimply; 01-01-2018 at 02:13 PM..