Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #31
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Thanks, Carly. I think you're right. Though my appetite before I eat on UDs and while eating and for a couple hours after I eat tends to the voracious. :-D I have always been able to eat massive amounts of food at the drop of a hat. That's still true--except for this new magical two-hour postprandial thing. But, yeah, EOD JUDDD is incredible. There's some other stuff going on in my head that I think is EOD-induced. For another thread.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #32
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Still battling the before I fall asleep, half asleep, "do I want to eat something?" zombie. Will come back to tell progress. Hope there is some
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #33
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

From Wikipedia:

Short sleep duration is associated with high levels of ghrelin and obesity. An inverse relationship between the hours of sleep and blood plasma concentrations of ghrelin exists; as the hours of sleep increase, ghrelin levels trend lower and obesity is less likely.

!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #34
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
From Wikipedia:

Short sleep duration is associated with high levels of ghrelin and obesity. An inverse relationship between the hours of sleep and blood plasma concentrations of ghrelin exists; as the hours of sleep increase, ghrelin levels trend lower and obesity is less likely.

!!!
I believe that if my sleep cycles were even remotely normal/ healthy that I would be significantly underweight based on the relatively small amount of food I typically eat and level of activity that I typically do. I think the inadequate quantity and quality of my sleep plays a huge factor in my weight, which is managed through sheer willpower and desire to never regain.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #35
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Carly -- Remind us what you do to try to improve your sleep? I know you've said, but the memory fails.

4 PM. Feeling the hunger ghremlins. I seem to have adapted to the time change.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #36
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I am still battling the night time eating demons, right now I just make it part of my window and my calories but one of these days I am going to have to address this.

But this is not that day!
Old 01-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #37
Carly

Quote:
Carly -- Remind us what you do to try to improve your sleep? I know you've said, but the memory fails.
Seems nothing I do helps...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:04 AM   #38
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I did it! I closed my eating window yesterday at 5:30 and clean, water fasted through the night time witching hour and here it is morning and I am still fasting.

For me the ticket it appears was downloading the free app, Zero, which counts the minutes of my fast. I appear to be a girl who is quite into gamification. I'll do anything to make the number on the counter keep going !
Old 01-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #39
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/156.2/147 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I did it! I closed my eating window yesterday at 5:30 and clean, water fasted through the night time witching hour and here it is morning and I am still fasting.

For me the ticket it appears was downloading the free app, Zero, which counts the minutes of my fast. I appear to be a girl who is quite into gamification. I'll do anything to make the number on the counter keep going !
Congrats, and also I am sooo with you on being motivated by that kind of thing. In fact, you've inspired me to download the app.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #40
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to hear how your day goes.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #41
Alcestis
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/156.2/147 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Using a fasting app really helped focus my mind today. I went to the gym, and had a can of soup (140). I spent the evening watching fasting documentaries

I can't remember when I last kept to my DD calories (I think the calculator recommends 340 for my height and weight), and it feels soooo good!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:42 AM   #42
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Lovely to hear, Alcestis. I too love the feedback I get from my own tracking systems. The mandarins refer to this as self-monitoring (or maybe something else that sounds more cool). It really works for me to have my executive branch make a decision, memorialize it somewhere (in this case, the app). Then I just have to be a good donkey and do what I'm told.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #43
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I did it again. It really is surprising. Up until two nights ago, not eating at night seemed IMPOSSIBLE. Then both nights, it's like a switch was flipped and after my meal I ate nothing, just water. I turned on the fast at 5:00 p.m. the minute I finished with an early dinner to hit my window(husband and I were out at a restaurant) thinking, this is too early, I'll never be able to sleep, I'll get the compulsion when I'm sleepy and my defenses are down...

And nothing. One or two stray "what would I eat ?" thoughts and then I shut them right down. I fell asleep fine. It may not all be the fasting app, perhaps something in my body has turned a corner as well. I am absolutely kindof freaked in a good way though.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #44
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
Carly, have you had a sleep study?? If you haven't I think you need one. Having been through one myself, you can get very valuable info.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #45
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I did it again. It really is surprising. Up until two nights ago, not eating at night seemed IMPOSSIBLE. Then both nights, it's like a switch was flipped and after my meal I ate nothing, just water. I turned on the fast at 5:00 p.m. the minute I finished with an early dinner to hit my window(husband and I were out at a restaurant) thinking, this is too early, I'll never be able to sleep, I'll get the compulsion when I'm sleepy and my defenses are down...

And nothing. One or two stray "what would I eat ?" thoughts and then I shut them right down. I fell asleep fine. It may not all be the fasting app, perhaps something in my body has turned a corner as well. I am absolutely kindof freaked in a good way though.
Awesome, qt! I swear the big issue is deciding to do something that we think we can't do. On a related note: I have quite a lot of friends who have supper at 4, and never eat after 5. Something I've always wondered about doing--except for that "I can't do that!" response. You inspire me.

Habit is habit, nothing more.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #46
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Carly, have you had a sleep study?? If you haven't I think you need one. Having been through one myself, you can get very valuable info.
My doctor has practically been begging me to have one for the last 20 years. I should stop worrying about it and just do it.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #47
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My doctor has practically been begging me to have one for the last 20 years. I should stop worrying about it and just do it.
Yes, please. I did mine for sleep apnea, and it is easy peasy and fascinating.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #48
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
seriously--I am so glad to hear this. You wouldn't believe the amazing info you can get from a sleep study. You may need a cpap, for example, I have had a patient who had "REM apnea" which was triggering her sleepwalking. once she got a cpap, no more sleepwalking. Don't be afraid of it--it is really no big deal.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #49
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Portia, I think something has really changed in my body. I know this is not will power. I know what white knuckling feels like and this is not it. I have water fasted for like 19 and 21 hours over the last two days. I have had almost no hunger and night eating desire is really minimal. I think something is healing in me hormonally or something. And 5 pounds dropped this week. And just for giggles I peed on a ketostix while I was fasting and its showing ketosis evening though in my window I'm eating carbs. I can't explain it. But something is happening in my body.

And I'm kind of thrilled.

Maybe it's like magic or something???
Old 01-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #50
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Portia, I think something has really changed in my body. I know this is not will power. I know what white knuckling feels like and this is not it. I have water fasted for like 19 and 21 hours over the last two days. I have had almost no hunger and night eating desire is really minimal. I think something is healing in me hormonally or something. And 5 pounds dropped this week. And just for giggles I peed on a ketostix while I was fasting and its showing ketosis evening though in my window I'm eating carbs. I can't explain it. But something is happening in my body.

Whatever it is, I'm sooo happy for you! And I agree about the will power. The reading I'm doing these days is all about how successful weight management has nothing to do with will power (commitment, yes). Ghrelin is a hormone!

Old 01-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #51
Carly

Quote:
Yes, please. I did mine for sleep apnea, and it is easy peasy and fascinating.

OK, I will speak with my doctor the next time I see her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
seriously--I am so glad to hear this. You wouldn't believe the amazing info you can get from a sleep study. You may need a cpap, for example, I have had a patient who had "REM apnea" which was triggering her sleepwalking. once she got a cpap, no more sleepwalking. Don't be afraid of it--it is really no big deal.
I'm going to speak with her. She will probably faint

Quote:

I'm guessing that it's in part from the SIRT enzymes and fasting definitely triggers them and when they are coursing through our bodies appetite can be significantly reduced.

I'm just thrilled for you!