Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2018, 01:16 PM   #1141
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
I’m sorry I fell off with posting! I’m on my phone but will get caught up tonight.

Yay for the THC. Glad it helps! I was never a weed smoker but I bet I’d like that alert feeling you’re talking about!

I feel like crap.. cough, headache.. totally whiny. Sat in a freezing cold hockey arena last night to take part in the joy of my kids’ skating lessons. When we got out at 8 pm, it was 5 above, but the wind was enough to rip your face off. It’s like, who CHzoOSeS to live here????? Lol

I hope you are well, friends. I had another tough day with clients, wrestling with God, begging him to let me do something else...same ol same ol.

Small gripes though. God is good. How bout them Vikes???

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390

Last edited by deanslist; 01-16-2018 at 01:17 PM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 05:12 AM   #1142
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
hi, GB- lol - my brother and I had a conversation about how to slip mom some "edibles" - to get her to relax. She's the type that is very controlling - and the older they get and with health issues, she has less and less that she can control, so she becomes ultra controlling over anything that she can. Doctor prescribed Prozac a few years ago and she'd fight the good effects - feeling good made her uncomfortable!!! So if she felt good, she would stop taking them, and no one knew she was dong this - she was absolutely all over the map. i suffered with eating disorders in my teens (and twenties) and I think part of it was in response to her controlling nature - eating was the only thing that I could control! I had nightmares the whole time I lived at home and a therapist later said that was my way of working things out and dealing with it. Going low carb in 1999 helped me get a handle on those eating issues. So, 18 years of eating low carb and staying in a 5 lb range has helped me manage the eating issues. Wow - there's a TMI that I wasn't expecting. where did all of that come from?! Thanks for listening!
Hi Casey (saw your post DL---will make some comments)

The older I get the more I realize that "control" is a huge problem. I want my airline pilot to be in control of the flight, but a controlling person is a problem.

We all have the problem in degrees. Hard to hand control of my life over to God. It is sad when control really defines a person. It's ugly. Part of the family dynamic here in my own home is the trying to control others to do the right thing.

They don't want to your advice, thank you. But we know it's best. They don't care. They have to make their own mistakes. I get it. My DW struggles more with it. My parenting style gets called "enabling", because I believe in letting people mess up, so they can learn. So yes, I enable my kids to make lots of dumb mistakes.

I don't know what to tell ya. Keep praying. Keep on loving mom.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 01-17-2018 at 05:15 AM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:19 AM   #1143
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
So true, GB. I had a good conversation with them yesterday about using our trials to give glory to God - it will be a witness to other people. I told my dad I'd be a whole lot more worried if I didn't know where he stood in his faith.

Hi, Melissa - go Vikings!

Last edited by Casey; 01-17-2018 at 05:21 AM..
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #1144
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
They don't want to your advice, thank you. But we know it's best. They don't care. They have to make their own mistakes. I get it. My DW struggles more with it. My parenting style gets called "enabling", because I believe in letting people mess up, so they can learn. So yes, I enable my kids to make lots of dumb mistakes.
Following along somewhat. DH is like you. Problem with that is, one is 50 years old and still making the dumb mistakes because she was enabled all along, constantly had a cushion. Other one is doing outstanding, but raised in the same home with the same parents.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #1145
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Following along somewhat. DH is like you. Problem with that is, one is 50 years old and still making the dumb mistakes because she was enabled all along, constantly had a cushion. Other one is doing outstanding, but raised in the same home with the same parents.
Hi PAC, miss seeing you here more often. I guess it depends on how enabling is defined.

Some parents have lots of money and they use the money as leverage to get the child behaving. Bad behavior means no university.

I never had the money leverage thing. I disciplined when they were young. But as they got older and realized it would be community college, dad wasn't much of a threat anymore.

It just wasn't in me to take things away, like a cell phone. I was like just do whats right. Do you need me to tell you? No? Ok good, figure it out. Some call my style enabling because I don't confiscate the cell phone or hold them up in their room for a week.

I don't know what to say, I had to be me. I couldn't fake being someone else's hard nose dad. But if you have the money for new cars and education funds, you can really get their attention. You mess with dad and the money goes away.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #1146
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Iím sorry I fell off with posting! Iím on my phone but will get caught up tonight.

Yay for the THC. Glad it helps! I was never a weed smoker but I bet Iíd like that alert feeling youíre talking about!

I feel like crap.. cough, headache.. totally whiny. Sat in a freezing cold hockey arena last night to take part in the joy of my kidsí skating lessons. When we got out at 8 pm, it was 5 above, but the wind was enough to rip your face off. Itís like, who CHzoOSeS to live here????? Lol

I hope you are well, friends. I had another tough day with clients, wrestling with God, begging him to let me do something else...same ol same ol.

Small gripes though. God is good. How bout them Vikes???
God is good DL, amen to that. That's something that's always true, even in the face of bad circumstances.

It's strange that this current world is "fallen". Yet there remains so many reminders of the original creation. Flowers, butterflies, the nice side of people, rainbows, fruit hanging off trees, singing birds, beauty everywhere.

Even the kind ways we support each other in here.

Well, who knows, God may just give you a different job. Keep on asking. We have not because we ask not, right? Ask that we might receive. Answer might not be for 5 years tho. Patience.

God is up to something. He isn't too busy at all. Running this universe poses no challenge on Him. I watched a Little House on the Prairie where a would be "angel" told Laura that God listens to us when He has the time. I wanted to crawl out of my skin at such bad theology.

I will keep praying along with you for better tomorrows. Hang in there.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:05 AM   #1147
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Cancer Update: Been battling the hard days of 4, 5 and 6, after a round of chemo. Yesterday I felt a tad better than day 5, so at dinner time (skipped dinner on day 5)on day 6 I decided I could hold down a burger.

I asked my DD if she wouldn't mind having her DH pick me one up on his way home. She recommended a gourmet burger from this hipster place with expensive food.

So I get this burger with "beer cheese" and onion rings and grass fed beef with unique bacon chunks, etc etc. It was called the manly burger. Came with fries, but they had turned cold and lost their glory.

Anyway, DW helped me eat this amazing burger. It was good, but kind of too good. So rich! I sat content with a full stomach for about 45 minutes. Suddenly I wasn't so sure about my unpredictable nausea. I quickly took a med and waited.

My stomach began to ache a little. I felt queasy and panicky. And yes.....you guessed it. I got to see that beautiful burger twice. What a disaster.

Lesson learned. No more gourmet burgers while recovering from recent chemo. Stick to bland and easy.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 AM   #1148
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Hi Everyone!!

PAC Good to see you popped in to say Hi!

Sorry to hear you got the crud DEANSIST. I sure hope it doesn't last as long as mine has - I'm better than I was but tomorrow will be 4 weeks. DH thinks I should go to a dr but I really think it was a 'cold' I had to wait out I guess. True, I've never had one last this long but I am coughing less now. However if you feel like it is the flu YES go get checked. We have had 4 deaths here in this area from just the flu. People don't think you can die from it but I guess you can from this string. Scary.

GB OMG sorry to hear about the hamburger coming back at ya. Like you said, lesson learned

My girls were pretty easy to raise for the most part but DD is having a rough time with oldest son (who is only 6) but a continuous behavioral problem. He misbehaves at school and at their morning babysitter who takes him to school - he's becoming a bit of a bully and if someone picks on him he hits them. Of course you CANT do that at school (or anywhere). They talk and talk to him about not touching others and being nice & they have taken toys and games away but so far not much is working very well. He's ok for a couple days and then starts being bad again. I wish I knew how to help her - but I'm at a loss. He doesn't see violent behavior at home; they don't spank him or anything because that's not taught as acceptable discipline anymore. It's a problem. Any suggestions welcome

We are supposed to have 4 days with highs in the 40s coming!! Getting out of the deepfreeze here
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:52 AM   #1149
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi PAC, miss seeing you here more often. I guess it depends on how enabling is defined.

Some parents have lots of money and they use the money as leverage to get the child behaving. Bad behavior means no university.

I never had the money leverage thing. I disciplined when they were young. But as they got older and realized it would be community college, dad wasn't much of a threat anymore.

It just wasn't in me to take things away, like a cell phone. I was like just do whats right. Do you need me to tell you? No? Ok good, figure it out. Some call my style enabling because I don't confiscate the cell phone or hold them up in their room for a week.

I don't know what to say, I had to be me. I couldn't fake being someone else's hard nose dad. But if you have the money for new cars and education funds, you can really get their attention. You mess with dad and the money goes away.
I don't consider that enabling, GB. She could just wrap him around her finger and get to do what she wanted. There was no money available for spoiling. But now she still does what she wants, and when she needs money to pay her bills because she squandered it all, he pays the bills. Not that he has extra money, but it's either help her keep her home, or she moves back in here. The choice is obvious!! LOL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #1150
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

From Umami? This what it looked like the first time you saw it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manly burger.jpg (14.4 KB, 12 views)

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #1151
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all!!

I finally have a chance to sit down and catch up

Kris, my crud is already leaving the building so I am thrilled about that. Today was a much better day and my voice is almost normal. I have a bad headache right now though, not sure what that is about! I am super excited about the 40's too. I was just outside and it felt soooo good. There was no wind and felt like spring. MUCH needed!!!

GB, glad you're coming to the end with the chemo recovery cycle. Your description of the burger was too funny. Love how it's called the "MANLY" burger. I totally could put down one of those. People are humbled by how much I can eat when I put my mind to it.. haha... DH and I always talk about going to the Heart Attack Grille... I totally would if the opportunity ever arose!

Hi Carol! I can relate to the adult children issues...DH and I kinda fell into some enabling with my oldest DD. I still help her out but MUCH less. She is 23 now and on her own... but the first 3ish years out of high school were rough.. lots of rescuing. I'm very grateful she's been independent for a while now and found a living situation that works well for her. It was tenuous for a while..eeek. We moved her around a lot, or so it seemed to me. Annnnnnd...now I have somewhat of an understanding of what my mother went through with me. I remember her saying things to me like, "I'd fall over DEAD if I ever asked you to do something and you said "SURE MOM! Without complaining!!! Sheesh.. I could be a pill, but I think I was more or less always polite to adults. I love DD23 soooo dearly but it's dicey when we live together.. lol

Casey, I'm SOOOOO nervous for the game Sunday. I'd love to wear my Vikings garb proudly to work Monday and not have to eat crow.. we will see... I know it's just a game but the closer we get the more I WANT TO WIN.. haha

Ok.. just rambling.. feeling better about my place in life, complaining about the job less, practicing gratitude.. all that good stuff It helps that I'm feeling better and tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! 40 Degree Friday, at that!

Melissa's Headroom

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Last edited by deanslist; 01-18-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Old 01-19-2018, 05:55 AM   #1152
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
From Umami? This what it looked like the first time you saw it?
Ha , that is it! Only the onion rings were all smashed and gooey, too many as well. I am sooooo glad I encouraged my wife to keep taking bites

She probably saved me two heaves. No more Umami for me. It cost $17.00 with a small order of fries that must be eaten hot. I think the whole experience would be best inside the restaurant.

My son in law had been sitting in his car letting my food turn soggy and the fries go cold and stiff. Now I understand Archie Bunker more.

There's another vent DL Private joke from another thread
Old 01-20-2018, 05:35 AM   #1153
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello friends!! I have been sitting here watching the sun rise.. it looks so lovely with the sky slowly lighting up with reddish tones and light little puffy stratus clouds.

Yes, I took one meteorology class like 20 years ago, which makes me think I am a cloud scholar.. LOL!!!

Anyway, feeling pleasant this morning.. scale is cooperating, my sickness is leaving the building, it was 50 degrees yesterday!! WHAAAT?? Kris, I'm assuming you got that weather, too!? I was driving around with my windows down... only in MN.. haha. I went to the gym and did the dreadmill but in retrospect, I should've ran outside, it was so gorgeous.

It won't be bad today, either... 40's I think. After spending a solid month with sub-zero temps, if that was the end of our winter I'd be pretty pumped. Can i get a hallelujah and an amen??

I wouldn't mind more snow. Warm, and snow, swirling round like a snow globe. DH took the kids to the sledding hill yesterday (they were off, I had to work), but the snow was pretty much gone. I got some awesome Columbia snow pants last year and I really love them.

Hope you're all doing well, Kris, GB, Casey... others popping by!

I made the mistake of watching some Diners and Dives show while starving last night... they were making the most delicious things from Key Largo and other places. Reminds me that I need a trip to Florida. I ended up eating eggs, so I behaved.

Well, I'm just rambling. Hope you all have a gorgeous weekend and check in soon!

Melissa's Headroom

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Last edited by deanslist; 01-20-2018 at 05:37 AM..
Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #1154
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

I did meteorology in the Navy - like 30 years ago!!! - and I also Like to think I'm a cloud expert. I'm always identifying clouds when I'm out on a walk - ha. I'll wear purple tomorrow for the Vikings.

Hi, GB, Kris and Carol! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 01-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #1155
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I did meteorology in the Navy - like 30 years ago!!! - and I also Like to think I'm a cloud expert. I'm always identifying clouds when I'm out on a walk - ha. I'll wear purple tomorrow for the Vikings.

Hi, GB, Kris and Carol! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Thatís really cool you were in the Navy, Casey! I enjoy both meteorology and astronomy.

Thanks for cheering for my Vikes- we need all the help we can get. DH got me hummus, pea pods, and celery for my football snacks, should keep me away from the chips!

Melissa's Headroom

NO MORE EXCUSES!
Old 01-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #1156
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

So glad you are feeing better Deanslist! How cool you and Casey both like the clouds and know a bit about meteorology! I don't know much about either but have always liked both. I watch the weather a lot more now than I used too. Our local TV weather guy always hosts a weather trivia game Monday thru Friday and I've won a few times. HA - prize is always food gift certificates, just what a LowCarber needs We do eat out pretty much; just got home from TGI Fridays. I ordered sesame Jack chicken strips, no sides & water. I knew they would be breaded and in sauce but I only had a few tiny ones and that will be it for the day. Didn't sleep good again last night so not eating after lunch today. I haven't gotten solidly back on the wagon yet I just can't quite get there. I don't feel 'right' with not being able to walk or run. Took your advice and ordered a boot for my foot since Walmart didn't have one at the store. I also bought another gel heel pad to put under my Plantar F insole inserts & I've been stretching my foot every morning before getting out of bed. I know it's all in my head, but I don't feel like dieting & eating good when I can't run and really put 100% into the effort. I know that is just silly

GB Hope you are having a good day today
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 01-20-2018 at 01:37 PM..
Old 01-21-2018, 06:12 AM   #1157
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning people. Nice to hear you got some warmer weather, for those who have.

Yeah, go Vikings!! Good food choices DL. . I love clouds too. But not too many of course.

My DW's late father was a Navy captain Casey. . I sure he heard of you and your knowledge of clouds. Ha. I'm terrible.

I had a strange day yesterday. The chemo is killing off my red blood cells and my count was 8.4. Should be 12 to 14. Below 8 and they give you a blood transfusion. Yesterday I was weak, light headed, heart beating faster, tingles in my hands.

But I slept good. So that's always nice. Might get a transfusion on Monday and then leave for a scheduled trip to the desert on Tuesday. Supposed to be 73 degrees. I might feel better than ever with some new red cells.

Hi Kris Hope you have a nice day too. And I hope that boot works fast.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 01-21-2018 at 06:18 AM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #1158
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kris, Casey and DL

I'm taking off this morning in the new truck with my DW for the desert. Supposed to be near 80 degrees. I just need a change of scenery. So you won't hear from me until Thursday.

I will tell ya all how it went. Have a great LC day friends.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:33 AM   #1159
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Kris, Casey and DL

I'm taking off this morning in the new truck with my DW for the desert. Supposed to be near 80 degrees. I just need a change of scenery. So you won't hear from me until Thursday.

I will tell ya all how it went. Have a great LC day friends.
Hope you have a wonderful time
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 01-23-2018, 07:09 AM   #1160
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, 80 degrees sounds sooooo awesome right now! Hope you have a great time!
Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #1161
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! Exciting - we set a new record high temp yesterday!!! 59 degrees on Jan 22nd It's back to high of 32 today
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
Old 01-24-2018, 03:58 AM   #1162
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! Hope you have fun on your trip, GB. Sounds like a healthy dose of sunshine is just the right medicine.

Wish we had your 59 Kris! We are digging out after 2 snow days. The kids were out of school Mon/Tues but will go back today. At least everything was melting yesterday and you can tell the late January sun is a lot stronger. There's hope on the horizon.. lol. It's going to be in the 40's Fri- looking forward to that.

God is giving me more signs to cut back on coffee. Ok, another 'Fargo' scene. Marge Gunderson is eating all the time, due to getting ready to give birth, and she's in the drive-thru at Hardees... no one is answering so she leans halfway out the window of her police car and shouts, 'HELLO?!'

That was me at Starbucks Monday. They opened one right across the street from my work, mean and not my fault. lol. I went there Mon in the blizzard before heading home.. Why? Because it's Minnesota and snow doesn't hold me back. Anyway, they appeared to be open but no one was in the drive-thru so I hung out the window and yelled, "HELLO?"

I ended up driving away because no one was responding.

Probably had to be there, but it was still funny!

Anyway, hope you're all having a great week. Hello to you too Casey, hope you're doing well!

Melissa's Headroom

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Last edited by deanslist; 01-24-2018 at 04:01 AM..
Old 01-25-2018, 06:29 AM   #1163
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Hi everyone! Hope you have fun on your trip, GB. Sounds like a healthy dose of sunshine is just the right medicine.

Wish we had your 59 Kris! We are digging out after 2 snow days. The kids were out of school Mon/Tues but will go back today. At least everything was melting yesterday and you can tell the late January sun is a lot stronger. There's hope on the horizon.. lol. It's going to be in the 40's Fri- looking forward to that.

God is giving me more signs to cut back on coffee. Ok, another 'Fargo' scene. Marge Gunderson is eating all the time, due to getting ready to give birth, and she's in the drive-thru at Hardees... no one is answering so she leans halfway out the window of her police car and shouts, 'HELLO?!'

That was me at Starbucks Monday. They opened one right across the street from my work, mean and not my fault. lol. I went there Mon in the blizzard before heading home.. Why? Because it's Minnesota and snow doesn't hold me back. Anyway, they appeared to be open but no one was in the drive-thru so I hung out the window and yelled, "HELLO?"

I ended up driving away because no one was responding.

Probably had to be there, but it was still funny!

Anyway, hope you're all having a great week. Hello to you too Casey, hope you're doing well!
Hi DL, Kris, Casey, PAC, and our other friends.

I loved Fargo mostly because of Marge. So please tell more Fargo stories. I especially liked the scene where the Asian guy thought he could swoop in on her. "I like you so much Marge."

Maybe you had to be there?

Congrats on 59 degrees Kris We just got back from the desert. Loved driving the new truck. I always wondered what it would be like in a nice ride.

Like people who drive a Lexus or other sweet ride. That's what my truck feels like now. No more crampy convertible. But hey, that car did take us places!!! And she was faithful.

The trip was fun. Very pleasant. And talking about food.... I don't know what it is about the chemo, but I have more sensitive taste buds and sense of smell. My wife fixed up some sliced cucumbers and red bell peppers and they were sooooo good!!.

A bonus side effect that I hope doesn't go away. My DW is so good to me these days. She totally accepts me with swollen legs and a bald head. I finding out what a cool lady she really is.

Somehow during better times, we can lose sight of so much. Hard times really can bring out the best in folks.

The electric bike was wonderful. DW really has to work to keep up and she does. What a stud! I can't wait for summer again. The desert just isn't the same without the heat and the pool that goes along with it.

Plus the longer days where it's still 98 at 9:00 at night. Wake up to 83 degrees and look forward to a day of running thru sprinklers and getting wet.

Have a nice LC day friends. Stay warm.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:51 AM   #1164
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

hi, GB - sounds like a fun trip. Interesting side effects from the chemo - both the taste buds and the wife - ha. I wish I could see this trial having a similar effect on my mom - she's so negative and angry. We meet with my dad's surgeon later today... Hoping for a surgery date or path forward.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:46 PM   #1165
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hi, GB - sounds like a fun trip. Interesting side effects from the chemo - both the taste buds and the wife - ha. I wish I could see this trial having a similar effect on my mom - she's so negative and angry. We meet with my dad's surgeon later today... Hoping for a surgery date or path forward.
Yeah Casey
Before I started chemo I read that it does a "real number" on the taste buds. And at first I did get the "metal mouth." Of course it does mess up the stomach.

But now that some dust has settled, I find I taste food with more clarity.

And as to the wife, thanx for the reminder. I have to remember that a cancer diagnosis does not guarantee any sympathy from those we want it most from.

I need to be more thankful for my wife's choice. I have been starting to take it as a "given", but it isn't. My wife rose to the occasion, while others can go the other way.

I remember watching a reality TV show, where they featured a guy in a troubled marriage who lost his foot in a motorcycle accident. He almost died and his wife became a total servant to him.

He was pretty happy about getting her back. Later she gave up and they divorced. I just now thanked my wife a fresh for her choice thus far. So your post made a difference today in my home.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #1166
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

You made my day - it's good to be reminded of our blessings.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:36 AM   #1167
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Kris, Casey, DL and our other contributors to this humble thread. How are we doing? How is the boot Kris
? Heel feeling better yet?

Do you get Saturday's off DL
? Any news on the surgery Casey?

I had a fun day yesterday. I did have some ale because my stomach felt pretty good. And I'm taking an anti-depressant. I think those two met up and for a while I felt really happy inside.

You can forget that your body can come up with happy chemicals or work with some outside help to just feel genuinely happy. It reminded me of some times in my youth where with the help of some _____, I felt feelings of love and happiness.

It sure beats being in the dumps all the time. I got out to my job site and my guy goes "hey, nice smile." He said it in Spanish. Haha. But yeah, I was smiling like life is good.

No doubt I will want to find that formula and repeat it today. Hard to duplicate those feelings tho. But we try, don't we? We were made to be happy, but so much gets in the way.

Some people are miserable and it's all they know. They gave up on happiness years ago. They are permanently miserable and they make people around them unhappy too. My dad was like that too often. But I still miss him. Wish we could all go out to dinner again.

My DD is visiting and last night she got me this rich but kind of healthy dessert frozen concoction. I had smoked some of my medical THC and I was really into the dessert.

It was just a very fun Friday. Hope you guys have a fun weekend.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #1168
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All!!

I want more happiness too. I feel like I have a low dopamine brain and always have. I’m not sure if that’s true or something I tell myself. I think it’s why I like caffeine. Gives me a little lift.

We went to see some bands last night with another couple. Autograph (one hit wonders with “Turn Up the Radio,”) some local one that sounded like bad karaoke, and Tom Keifer of the band Cinderella, which rocked.

It was too long and overly stimulating though, and I feel hungover today although I had no booze. Two low carb monster drinks, which I never drink- that was fun. DH didn’t even have a beer cuz they were $8.

Anyway, I’d say it was a 40-55 age group. At the end, many were hammered. I watched them guzzling their beers and thought it looked gross. I do not miss that at all.

As we were walking out at the end, this super drunk couple was fighting and swearing at each other . Dh and I later talked about how awful that was and how could you treat your person like that?

I know not everyone drinks like that- but I think God shows me these things to remind me of how I used to be.

I feel like I need some alone time today- too much noise and stimulation. My brain needs a rest.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Melissa's Headroom

NO MORE EXCUSES!

Last edited by deanslist; 01-27-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-27-2018, 12:56 PM   #1169
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

happy Saturday, GB, Melissa, Kris and other pop-ins!. Speaking of happy - I found the discussion interesting - I'm one of those that really seeks out the positive - people and situations. Sometimes being alone makes me happy, and sometimes I need to be around people. I know, however, that too much of either extreme is not good for me.

GB - we met with the surgeon on Thursday and we have a surgery date of February 6. And your comment about people who choose to be miserable really hit home - the farther we go down this path, the more my mom gets angry and nasty - mainly at me and dad. My dad and I have always been close, and she didn't have that with her dad, so I know she resents it. My brother calls me the family lightning rod - lol. I'm practicing being present and managing her anger , without taking it personally. I know she's angry "at" me but it's not really about me. It took me a long time to separate those things - for my OWN well-being. I pray for patience as I find my way through this family challenge. I'm leaning on God a lot.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #1170
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All! I'm just popping in to say hi~ I've been missing and won't be on much for the next week either - home internet provider is out again so I'm sitting in the local grocery store now using the free wi-fi We surely don't know how much we miss something until we are forced to go without it for awhile. This has been terrible. And such awful customer service - they said they cant get there to restore our internet AND phone for 9 days. GOOD GRIEF. A few of the days have passed - but I'll be missing until 2 Feb. Sorry sorry, I miss you guys and reading what's going on with you.

So glad you had such a great time on your trip GB. Sounded liked you loved it!! It is great to be reminded of our blessings

I've been wearing the boot EVERY night, icing heel every morning and taking Ibufrofin daily. So far, no improvement. I'm going to look up drs/clinics while I'm still here using the internet and maybe try a different doctor. I've just had NO relief at all. I've gained 10 pounds (been eating the same and NO exercise) like I used to get so it's no mystery as to why the weightgain. I'm skipping more meals now tho since I've crossed that 'number' on the scale that is haunting for me I know I will have to get back to total LC or I'll keep gaining. I am still giving the boot, ice & ibufrofin a chance but honestly so far nothing has helped so not much faith. I know it takes awhile. Every step on the heel is painful but not unbearable, I can get around by just a light step & a tiny limp.

I hope you all have a great week!!!! Not sure when I'll get to post again but hopefully in a few days.
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149