Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 221/190/145
WOE: 1500 Calories
Start Date: Oct. 2, 2017
3 Hour Diet - My Version

The 3 Hour Diet book says to eat breakfast within 1 hour of rising, eat every 3 hours after that, and stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.
I agree with these 3 things.

The book also says meals should average 400 calories; snacks 100 calories; and dessert 50 calories, for a total of about 1,450 calories per day. The author suggests eating breakfast at 7 a.m., lunch at 1 p.m., and dinner at 7 p.m., or eat dinner early enough so that you finish 3 hours before bed. Plus two 100-calorie snacks.
In my version, I eat 300 calories every 3 hours, and eat 5 times per day for a total of 1500 calories.

The book says no need to count calories, just go by serving size.
I weigh and measure everything because I want to, just feels more accurate to me.

I started the diet by making a list of all the foods I will be eating, like this:
Broccoli, 1/2 cup 30 calories
Brussels Sprouts, 1/2 cup 30 calories

Using the list, I made up several menus and recipes that equal about 300 calories. So when it's almost time to eat, I look at the menus/recipes and decide what my next meal will be.

This has worked great for me. Eating this often, you don't get hungry and since you can eat whatever you want, you don't feel like you are depriving yourself of anything. I started this diet on Sunday, so today is the 5th day, and I have lost 5 pounds. I am so happy to finally find a diet that works so great for me.

I am wondering if anyone else is on the 3 hour diet, and how it has been working for you.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Bracelet,

Thanks for this post. This is an interesting way to achieve weight loss without
hunger and giving you also a wide variety of foods.

I shall look it up.Wishing you the good weight losses and finding something that
works well for you without the pain of hunger is a wonderful blessing.
Keep us posted please.

b
Old 07-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #3
Nelle Belle
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
For me eating every 3hrs would keep my insulin levels up and I would end up eating out of control. That's just me. Glad you found something that works for you
Old 12-15-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

When I started this thread in 2014, even though I was losing weight and never hungry, I did not stick with it and didn't diet at all until Oct. of 2017. At that time I went on WW Smart Points and lost 16 pounds, then the weight loss stopped. That told me I was eating too many calories, so on Monday I went back on my 300 calories every 3 hours diet, and have lost 5 pounds in 4 days. I eat about 300 calories at 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM and 11 PM. I brought this thread up again so if anyone is interested, they will be able to track my weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle Belle View Post
For me eating every 3hrs would keep my insulin levels up and I would end up eating out of control. That's just me. Glad you found something that works for you
I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes about 7 years ago. My insulin levels are not high, they stay low and I have not ended up eating out of control. I am never hungry but still losing weight. I have made 300 calorie recipes that contain my favorite foods so it doesn't feel like I am on a diet. I eat whatever I want as long as I stay at 1500 calories per day.

I am so excited because this morning the scale said 200, so I only have 1 more pound before I am out of the 200's hopefully never to return again. It has been soooo long since I was under 200 pounds. I love this diet... at least, my version of it.

Last edited by Bracelet; 12-15-2017 at 09:56 AM..
Old 12-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
Izzysdream
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracelet View Post
When I started this thread in 2014, even though I was losing weight and never hungry, I did not stick with it and didn't diet at all until Oct. of 2017. At that time I went on WW Smart Points and lost 16 pounds, then the weight loss stopped. That told me I was eating too many calories, so on Monday I went back on my 300 calories every 3 hours diet, and have lost 5 pounds in 4 days. I eat about 300 calories at 8 AM, 11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM and 11 PM. I brought this thread up again so if anyone is interested, they will be able to track my weight loss.

I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes about 7 years ago. My insulin levels are not high, they stay low and I have not ended up eating out of control. I am never hungry but still losing weight. I have made 300 calorie recipes that contain my favorite foods so it doesn't feel like I am on a diet. I eat whatever I want as long as I stay at 1500 calories per day.

I am so excited because this morning the scale said 200, so I only have 1 more pound before I am out of the 200's hopefully never to return again. It has been soooo long since I was under 200 pounds. I love this diet... at least, my version of it.
Good for you Bracelet! Congratulations!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #6
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
WTG Bracelet!
Old 01-02-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
souzac
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: souzac
Stats: 210/183/176/145
WOE: Atkinsish
Start Date: March 23, 2011
I'm excited to see how you do. I like that you eat at 11 pm and probably don't go to bed hungry. I really suffer pains, when I eat dinner at 6:30, and then go to bed at 10 and lay there with hunger pain! Hard to fall asleep.
souzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #8
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzac View Post
I'm excited to see how you do. I like that you eat at 11 pm and probably don't go to bed hungry. I really suffer pains, when I eat dinner at 6:30, and then go to bed at 10 and lay there with hunger pain! Hard to fall asleep.
It was a type-o when I said I eat at 11 PM. I eat at 8 PM, usually go to bed at 11, and never feel hungry at bed time.

I started this diet on December 11. At that time I weighed 205. Today I weighed in at 193. That's a loss of 12 pounds in less than a month. I lost 5 pounds of that this past week, and lost another pound overnight. And that was after stuffing myself on Christmas Eve and Christmas.

Every Sunday we eat out, so I go off my diet every Sunday. So far I am extremely pleased with this diet.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #9
newfocus
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newfocus
Stats: 197/189/155
WOE: Starting Again, not sure yet what I want to try.
Start Date: February 2007
I'm glad to see your post. I believe this could be what I need again. About 30 years ago I ate around 7am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and no later than 7 or 7:30pm. I would say to myself the "kitchen is closed" and I made the habit of not going back in there. I remember eating very small portions. Egg & bacon -breakfast, turkey or ham with veggies -lunch and can't remember what I had for my dinners. I did this after I had my first and only child. I lost weight and kept it off. I think I liked eating often because I just liked food. I believe I'll come up with a plan to start this again, after all I was at my lowest weight but I was also 30 years younger.
newfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #10
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfocus View Post
I'm glad to see your post. I believe this could be what I need again. About 30 years ago I ate around 7am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and no later than 7 or 7:30pm. I would say to myself the "kitchen is closed" and I made the habit of not going back in there. I remember eating very small portions. Egg & bacon -breakfast, turkey or ham with veggies -lunch and can't remember what I had for my dinners. I did this after I had my first and only child. I lost weight and kept it off. I think I liked eating often because I just liked food. I believe I'll come up with a plan to start this again, after all I was at my lowest weight but I was also 30 years younger.
I have no problem eating at 8 PM, have lost a lot in spite of doing this. Definitely don't want to go to bed hungry or I won't stick with it. For me it's not what time I eat, but making sure to stick with that 1500 calorie count.

As of Saturday I had lost 3 pounds this week, but I had to go off my diet Saturday because we ate out for DH's birthday so as of this morning I had gained the 3 pounds back. I am also off diet today, I go off every Sunday because we eat out, so this week I will probably have a gain. But starting tomorrow I will be able to get back to dieting 6 days per week. When I do that, I get good weight loss.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
Sage1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sage1
Stats: Goal: 120s
WOE: CICO
Good plan. I’ve been doing something like this, although with less cals to work with right now. It’s lately key for me to have that later mini meal (been using a protein shake) to prevent late night hunger.

Thanks for posting.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #12
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfocus View Post
I believe I'll come up with a plan to start this again, after all I was at my lowest weight but I was also 30 years younger.
I'm 73 and it has been working great for me so far.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #13
newfocus
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newfocus
Stats: 197/189/155
WOE: Starting Again, not sure yet what I want to try.
Start Date: February 2007
Well, it's after 9PM and I'm hungry. I didn't eat much today so I got a little lightheaded but I took a nap and felt fine after that.

Last edited by newfocus; 01-14-2018 at 07:22 PM..
newfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 PM   #14
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Well, I was a very bad girl today. On Sunday I have been eating whatever I want, but today I sent DH to Krispy Kreme to get me 3 donuts -- filled ones. Boy, the scales will be my enemy tomorrow morning.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #15
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Today I decided that from now on I won't be going off my diet on Sundays. Instead, I will order a side salad and bring some of my low-cal salad dressing. That is what I did in October, and the weight loss was good. My son has been talking about maybe going to pizza buffet this Sunday. If so, I will go off, but only for pizza buffet.

I have put together a lot of fast and easy recipes using my favorite foods, and am getting a lot of variety, so this diet is in no way boring or difficult to stay on.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #16
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

I just ordered a couple of cookbooks from eBay. A Betty Crocker cookbook that has only 300 calorie meals.. 300 recipes. Also, a Hungry Girl cookbook that has only 200 calorie desserts... 200 recipes. Both got great reviews, can't wait until they arrive.