Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #1
Karthik
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karthik
Restarting Keto

Hi,
Past 2 years back I started Keto and I was successfully Reduced my weight and My Glucose levels were good. At that moment i was diagnosed with Pre diab.

After 6 months I left Keto diet and moved to Normal diet.

Due to work pressure and lack of sleep, Sedentary lifestyle My Diba was severe now. Fasting sugar is 248 and HBA1c is 10..

Now How to retsart my Keto. Is it safe to restart Keto at this stage?
Any one please guide me
Karthik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
It is not just safe but important to restart keto and begin to look at it as a life long way of eating. You can reverse your diabetes but only as long as you eat keto/low carb. If you are any prescription meds you will have to consult with your doctor because you most likely will reduce them and perhaps eliminate them all together but that is done in a careful manner.

You can regain your health and you have the right idea of how to do so. I would suggest that you read the work of Dr. Richard Bernstein. He is a type 1 diabetic who has lived an amazing life and passed on his knowledge on how to manage diabetes. Dr. Jason Fung has done a lot of recent work on reversing diabetes too. His blog is Intensive Dietary Management or book, Obesity Code. Tons of others out there too. Jump in and good luck!!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
Star123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/181/140
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: Restart 1/1/2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
It is not just safe but important to restart keto and begin to look at it as a life long way of eating. You can reverse your diabetes but only as long as you eat keto/low carb. If you are any prescription meds you will have to consult with your doctor because you most likely will reduce them and perhaps eliminate them all together but that is done in a careful manner.

You can regain your health and you have the right idea of how to do so. I would suggest that you read the work of Dr. Richard Bernstein. He is a type 1 diabetic who has lived an amazing life and passed on his knowledge on how to manage diabetes. Dr. Jason Fung has done a lot of recent work on reversing diabetes too. His blog is Intensive Dietary Management or book, Obesity Code. Tons of others out there too. Jump in and good luck!!
Hi, I also was diagnosed with prediabetes, and premenopause at 55+ with no more periods! Just started Keto this January 2018.

Thanks for your advice!! 😊

“You can do anything you set your mind to”
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
Philippians 4:13
Star123 is offline   Reply With Quote