Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #1111
Casey
Major LCF Poster!
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,708
Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, Kris!. Fifteen pounds really isn't that much! And it's so good that you're committing to losing it NOW rather that letting that grow to 20, 30 or more! I've been eating clean/low carb for 18 years and when faced with those social get togethers, vacations or whatever, I go in with a plan, and I focus on what I CAN eat so that I don't feel deprived or sorry for myself. You need to do whatever you can make a lifestyle - not a diet. And yes - keep doing the bike! That really helps the endorphins and you'll feel better overall if you do something! My biggest challenge is when I dogsit - when I'm staying overnight at a house that has food that I don't keep in my house. I go in with a plan, some favorite low carb foods and my iPad so my low carb friends here can help keep me accountable. I've never made it through perfectly, but every time I try to do better, and I get right back on track. I do it because I feel good eating that way - if I go off track, I get right back on plan and do a few days of strict induction and I will feel back in control again. But, again, it's whatever YOU can make a lifestyle.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 05:48 AM   #1112
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Casey & thanks for sharing. Made me think of my similar story - my EX husband (not current DH) was OK with pregnant & the kids but used to always say "if you get fat you will come home and find your clothes packed on the front porch". Such gems aren't they?!? I'm glad it's behind both of us

GB Hope you are doing good today. I bet you have been busy breaking in that new truck

I did have a couple beers last night but did not over do at all and didn't eat dinner when everyone else did. I had a couple of pita chips & spinach dip from one of the many appetizers being passed around. A reminder lesson of how NOT fun it is to be dieting when no one else at the table is Had to see these folks tho, I'd been ignoring my friends pretty much the last couple of weeks There's another party tonight but I think I'll pass and stay home again. I haven't started strict yet, I'll do that for a couple of weeks starting Monday probably. I've to get a few more things from the store & be all ready in the right frame of mind. This will be my firsts time trying it with NO walking/running. I might try a half hour on the stationary bike if it doesn't hurt my heel. FIFTEEN pounds!! I've just got to keep beating it into my head!!!!!
Hi Kris and Casey
I'm having a hard time keeping up with you guys. That's good tho. I like it. I read everything. Lets all hang on till Spring. Be here before we know it.

Went to get blood drawn to check white blood cell count. To decide if I needed another shot of this stuff that makes your bone marrow produce more white cells. Side effects are possible bone pain ( bad stuff----had it for 24 hours a while back) and hiccups all day long.

So when I was told my white count was thru the roof, I got sent home with no shot. It's nice to know that the very cells in charge of killing that which is "not self", are way above the average person's amount. Seems like a therapy in and of its'self .

I'll ask the doctor this morning at 9:15.

Oh and yes, I'm loving my new truck. I always wanted one, but they cost too much!!! I shopped used, but the nicer ones aren't much less than new. Even mine is slightly used, so I saved a few thousand. But I didn't want a truck with 100,000 miles on it for $20,000. So I spent another $7,000 for an almost new truck with only 15,000 miles on it.

It is so sharp. It truly is one of the best looking trucks on the road. Santa Barbara is gonna get hit with over 2 inches of rain today and tomorrow. That will start the first green up of the year. I love the green hillsides of winter, leading into the plush green of Spring. Yay!!!
__________________

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 01-08-2018 at 05:57 AM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:55 AM   #1113
Casey
Major LCF Poster!
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,708
Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, GB - very interesting about the white blood cells. Hope it's a sign that your body is working with the meds to rid itself of the cancer. We meet with my dad's surgeon on Thursday to hopefully set a surgery date (lung cancer - early stage, middle left lobe) - he has a stress test today to make sure his heart is strong enough for surgery.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #1114
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Hello Casey & GB! Good news on the white blood cells GB. Hope the Doc has some good news for you today at your appointment.

Also hoping good news for your dad with his stress test Casey.

Not much going on with me, just babysitting the little one. He was 4 mos last Saturday, changing so much, scooting all around and rolling. Such a sweetie, he just drifted off for another nap & is snoring happily. I don't do much else, still kinda cold out although not the 20 below stuff this week A bunch of us might go snow tubing at the local ski mountain here on Friday. We don't have any BIG mountains like out West, but big enough for tubing. It's kinda fun. Tonight might go out for a tenderloin. Not fitting in with the diet but DH wants to get out and do something since we had stayed in for several days in a row. I'll have the sandwhich, no fries. I think I gained some over Christmas and the cold spell, especially since I'm not doing any exercise. Didn't start on the bike yet. I had been sticking to IF eating since we spent so much time at home - eating only in a 6 hr window, often only once per day. Weight seemed to be all over the place tho, up, down, flat, up, down again. So I'm not sure where I stand on it but feel its up a little bit. I'll get back on a plan when I can walk on my heel.
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:58 AM   #1115
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Hello Casey & GB! Good news on the white blood cells GB. Hope the Doc has some good news for you today at your appointment.

Also hoping good news for your dad with his stress test Casey.

Not much going on with me, just babysitting the little one. He was 4 mos last Saturday, changing so much, scooting all around and rolling. Such a sweetie, he just drifted off for another nap & is snoring happily. I don't do much else, still kinda cold out although not the 20 below stuff this week A bunch of us might go snow tubing at the local ski mountain here on Friday. We don't have any BIG mountains like out West, but big enough for tubing. It's kinda fun. Tonight might go out for a tenderloin. Not fitting in with the diet but DH wants to get out and do something since we had stayed in for several days in a row. I'll have the sandwhich, no fries. I think I gained some over Christmas and the cold spell, especially since I'm not doing any exercise. Didn't start on the bike yet. I had been sticking to IF eating since we spent so much time at home - eating only in a 6 hr window, often only once per day. Weight seemed to be all over the place tho, up, down, flat, up, down again. So I'm not sure where I stand on it but feel its up a little bit. I'll get back on a plan when I can walk on my heel.
Sounds like fun Kris....the tubing. Hope your heel keeps getting better.

And prayers for your dad, Casey. Blessings on his tests.

Passing on the fries, what a tough one. More power to ya Kris.

Dr,'s Appointment went well. I was able to report no new pains. In fact, I told him I feel generally better. He thought he felt my tumor on my leg had softened a little.

So I'm looking good for another blast (this Friday) of the chemo that Kills whatever gets in it's way. and with it the more targeted drug. Bring it on. Let's do this!!
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #1116
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
GB So glad to hear no new pains and you are feeling a little better High hopes for the chemo blast this Friday to do some killing of those cancer cells. I hope your doc is right that the tumor is softening.

I run out of things to talk about in here cause I'm stuck - same heel pain, cold hanging on for 3rd week now, still cold here. Hate to keep repeating But here I am staring at the sleeping baby right next to my hip on the couch and surfing weightloss forums as I do everyday. I can't get up of he will wake up. Still not started a workout plan yet but I am going to get on the bike for 10 mins today & tomorrow to get started. That's what I do - then work into the 45 minutes/day. Is supposed to be a heat wave tomorrow so I may take a short walk outside to the cemetary. It appears that the heel does not get better whether I rest it or walk on it so I might as well take a slow walk in the grass. They say snow we had will be melted totally since we have a couple of 45 degree days coming this week. In my head I'm feeling a little more excited getting back on track with eating. Been trying lots of new recipes, some LC, some fattening for DH. Its something to do when stuck at home.
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #1117
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,463
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Hi everyone! GB invited me over to your thread. Nice to meet you all!

I’m Melissa, believer in Christ, 80’s glam metal fan, sober since 2003, happily
married mom of 3 girls.

And Viking fan. Forgot to add that

Looking for some like minded people to check in with and chat with daily.
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390

Last edited by deanslist; 01-09-2018 at 11:23 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #1118
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Deanslist! Glad to have you here. Very small group here. I have 15 pounds left to lose but can't seem to get it off and keep it off. I get pretty close to goal a couple times a year but then fall prey to carb creep and it comes right back. Usually it's a vacation that sets me back as I don't stick to a plan while on vacation and now that I'm retired we travel more. Not traveling right now as I'm babysitting my 4 month old grandson full time for a few months. I'm also a runner which is how I manage to keep my weight in check most of the time except for now since I'm trying to nurse a foot injury and can't even walk on it too much. I have been trying to use the stationary bike whenever I can for short stints a few times per day and I did get out to walk at the cemetary today. It was only a 2 mile slow walk. I hope I can get back to doing 5 mile runs some time Well that's my story. Hope you keep posting with us!
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #1119
Casey
Major LCF Poster!
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,708
Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, Melissa! . Good to see you here, too!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:50 AM   #1120
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
hi, Melissa! . Good to see you here, too!
Yeah, hi DL I look forward to reading your perspectives from your counseling background. I'm guessing there is a lot of common ground with failure and success in the realm of eating wrong and drinking too much alcohol.

Hi Kris and Casey Where did PAC go again? I hope it wasn't me that caused her to stop being a regular in here. But I have left too for weeks at a time. I get it.

We do end up repeating ourselves a lot. But we never know when someone will say something that triggers a round of success.

Obviously for me it isn't about weight management these days, but tumor management instead. Hey, last night I slept on all four sides again. Yay. If that isn't a sign of improvement, I'd be surprised.

Any of you watching the silly Bachelor show? My DD and I make it a little ritual. I'm mostly bored the whole time, but I do like to see his choices. And because he can't see behind the scenes, you watch him cozy up to these nasty women with their two faced approach on the show.

Man, if I was on that show I'd always be on best behavior. Everyone is watching and judging you for every move. So play nice or be hated by the half the country.

Still, so many let it all hang out and ruin their reputations over a stupid TV show.

Have a great LC day my friends. DL is here with good leadership skills.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #1121
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,463
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Hi Kris, Casey, and GB! Thanks for the welcome!

Ah, I ain't no 'authority figure.' That reminds me of the scene from 'Fargo' (filthy language aside) when Steve Buscemi tries to leave the airport parking ramp without paying his ticket and then totally rails on the poor guy in the ticket booth: "What? You think you're some kind of authority figure with your stupid uniform and clip on tie?" LOL

I think I love Fargo so much because there are so many Minnesota references, and they make you think Marge Gunderson is a numb skull like many of the other characters, when really she's sharp as a tack. And no, we don't talk like that here.

Anyway, yes, I have sobriety and all that jazz, but I by no means have it all together. I have other Compulsive Issues. We could say eating patterns are one thing. Disordered eating? I guess I'd probably meet criteria for that. I very much identify with my weight and it takes up way too much space in my head. I identify with the scale number too much. I have lots of Food Rules. I punish myself when I'm not good.

I'm feeling off track this week... last weekend I had too much fun with the whole Pizza Ranch escapade and then Sunday dinner was a little much as well. I have a tendency to continue eating past the point of fullness/satisfaction. I realize I'm doing it, yet I'll make myself some kind of deal. "This is it for the next 12 hours" or something along those lines.

I started reading the leptin reset diet again. Back in 2012 I was way into Jack Kruse's forum. I'd ruined my thyroid and adrenals and was using his protocols to try and heal myself. Some of it worked but inevitably I had to get on thyroid meds.

I continue to wonder and play with the level of carbs in my life, however since probably 1999 I've been Atkins or some level of low carb, although I'm still not convinced it's the best approach for my metabolism, and I still wonder if it had anything to do with my ultimate thyroid dysfunction. So much differing info out there. Can i have 'safe starches?' Would my thyroid like that better? Would it ramp up body heat, so to speak? Am I more sluggish on ultra low carb? How low is too low (for me)? I also have verrrrry low blood pressure (like in the dead range) 99/60 ish, and low body temp... medical practitioners have routinely told me to up my carbs (chiropractor who actually was very holistic and not your usual conventional wisdom guy).

I tend to move around anywhere between 20-125 grams however my usual is under 50. I also tend to immediately slash carbs if I think I'm gaining. It's always my go-to... not sure if it really works in the long run though.

I know the fastest way for me to lose, which is lean protein, low carb, low fat. Boring and not sustainable, but it gets the job done. I keep falling off the wagon with it though.

LOL at 'Bachelor' description, almost makes me want to watch. Almost. lol. I watch much more high-class offerings such as "My Big Fat Fabulous Life." Kidding, of course. All the while I am watching it, I'm looking at DH and saying "WHY AM I WATCHING THIS?!" Because it's so dumb, staged, and predictable. But I watch anyway, because I need something mindless to just shift my head into neutral after a day with clients.

I do like watching 600 Pound Life. The new season starts tonight, however DD9 has already asked me "Can we go to church tonight? We haven't been to Wed night church in a while." How sweet is that?! And what a cretin would I be if I said, "No honey, we can't go to church, I need to see what Dr. Now and his patients are up to."

It doesn't matter, they will show the same episode 9,797 times over the next few months so I'll have many more opportunities to see it.

Well, I better quit this gigantic post. It seems you have a very nice, tightly-knit group of friends here. I am happy to be part of your little club
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390

Last edited by deanslist; 01-10-2018 at 01:39 PM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:46 AM   #1122
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
All Thanks for sharing DEANSLIST, wonderful to get to know you better! Your story is much like mine - I'm slightly under 5'3", used to be just over 5'4 but I turned 63 this year and no longer measure up I stayed around 105/110 most of my younger life when I was very active, lived on a farm, then college, lots of sports. But then the office job with lots of travel & busy raising kids happened and there was no time to "be active" & lots of time to eat Anyhow, I basically go back to LC & Atkins/under 30 carbs when I creep up too high, it always works WHEN I stay focused but that's my big problem. I am easily swayed to give it up when occasions hit. I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to get back down to 125/130. This year I creeped into the 140s because I've not been able to get ANY exercise right now with my plantar Fascias (sp) heel problems & also babysitting full time for a few more months. I think I'll get there but it will be SLOW, maybe not till summer, or whenever I can run again. Hopefully it will heal without surgery but far not much improvement. I've signed up for lots of races this summer so fingers crossed.

GB So glad you are feeling a little better! Continued for you! PAC comes in to say to hi sometimes. I think she just runs out of things to say, like all of us
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 01-11-2018 at 03:49 AM..
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:43 AM   #1123
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
All Thanks for sharing DEANSLIST, wonderful to get to know you better! Your story is much like mine - I'm slightly under 5'3", used to be just over 5'4 but I turned 63 this year and no longer measure up I stayed around 105/110 most of my younger life when I was very active, lived on a farm, then college, lots of sports. But then the office job with lots of travel & busy raising kids happened and there was no time to "be active" & lots of time to eat Anyhow, I basically go back to LC & Atkins/under 30 carbs when I creep up too high, it always works WHEN I stay focused but that's my big problem. I am easily swayed to give it up when occasions hit. I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to get back down to 125/130. This year I creeped into the 140s because I've not been able to get ANY exercise right now with my plantar Fascias (sp) heel problems & also babysitting full time for a few more months. I think I'll get there but it will be SLOW, maybe not till summer, or whenever I can run again. Hopefully it will heal without surgery but far not much improvement. I've signed up for lots of races this summer so fingers crossed.

GB So glad you are feeling a little better! Continued for you! PAC comes in to say to hi sometimes. I think she just runs out of things to say, like all of us
Hi Kris and DL Thanks for filling us in on your life and struggles DL. Interesting stuff. Especially that thyroid.

I have a feeling it plays a part in a lot of weight gain issues, especially for those who are fairly self controlled, but keep spinning their wheels.

I hope that heel of yours Kris, lets you run those races. Get some good EFA's going. Flax oil, olive oil, get that plantar fabric softened up. Right now it's cracked. You need flexible.

Research the flax oil. Should be refrigerated from the get go.

Slept well again last night. Tomorrow is a big chemo day. I hope I qualify with my labs. I just dread the hiccups of all things.

Have a great LC day friends. Hi Casey.....I see ya over there.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #1124
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,463
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
All Thanks for sharing DEANSLIST, wonderful to get to know you better! Your story is much like mine - I'm slightly under 5'3", used to be just over 5'4 but I turned 63 this year and no longer measure up I stayed around 105/110 most of my younger life when I was very active, lived on a farm, then college, lots of sports. But then the office job with lots of travel & busy raising kids happened and there was no time to "be active" & lots of time to eat Anyhow, I basically go back to LC & Atkins/under 30 carbs when I creep up too high, it always works WHEN I stay focused but that's my big problem. I am easily swayed to give it up when occasions hit. I just can't seem to stay focused long enough to get back down to 125/130. This year I creeped into the 140s because I've not been able to get ANY exercise right now with my plantar Fascias (sp) heel problems & also babysitting full time for a few more months. I think I'll get there but it will be SLOW, maybe not till summer, or whenever I can run again. Hopefully it will heal without surgery but far not much improvement. I've signed up for lots of races this summer so fingers crossed.

GB So glad you are feeling a little better! Continued for you! PAC comes in to say to hi sometimes. I think she just runs out of things to say, like all of us
Hi Kris! My husband had plantar fasciitis- who the heck can spell that, btw?! Luckily my phone autocorrects - haha. After spending a bunch of money on non-helpful medical practitioners, the thing that helped him the most was a foot brace thing from Wal-Mart- of all things!! He would wear it to bed at night for about a month and now heís able to run again.

I was wondering if the baby was your baby or grand baby Iím sure itís a full-time job! I wish my kids had grandparents. They have one grandma but sheís 5 hours away.

I like to run too and also do Beachbody Piyo workouts. Iím attempting to fast today- Iím nearing 17 hours. We will see how long I can last. The evenings are the hardest!

Hope you are having a great day. Itís 8 degrees and heavy snow right now. Canít wait to retire and get out of MN in 20 yrs. lol
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:09 AM   #1125
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,463
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Good morning everyone. I hope your appointment goes well today, GB! I will be thinking of you.

Last night while at gymnastics with my kids, I was reading a bunch of articles about how fasting and intermittent fasting is an effective adjunct to chemo for shrinking tumors. You probably know all about this, but I thought I'd mention it. Apparently there are currently efforts to get it approved the FDA. I've been fasting for about 33 hours except for some bone broth. I am feeling ok however also like I might be coming down with a cold, slight headache and sore throat. I hope I can shake it...

It's really cold here. -5 this morning without the wind. Looks like it will be in the deep freeze til next Thursday, and will rebound to the 30's. The older I get, the more I hate the cold. I have lived in MN or WI my whole life except for a brief time in Kansas City. I vow to get away from the cold one of these days! I would totally leave right now if I could, but DH wants to be close to his family in Duluth/Superior.

I am headed up to a CPR training today...it's in the north metro so about an hour drive..uggghhhh... we have to get certified every 2 years I think. I know it's important but not really how I want to spend my Friday... lol... I will try to pay attention.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390

Last edited by deanslist; 01-12-2018 at 04:11 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:06 AM   #1126
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Good Morning All! Up early again, the baby comes at 5:30 daily. Yes Deanslist he's my 3rd Grandchild, 4 mos old. I've babysat all of them for their first several months until DD can get them a spot in daycare where she works. Both DDs work for Dept of Defense like I did, it's hard to get them into Daycare as Military families have priority. Oldest GS is 6 now. Time has flown since I retired in 2011 and started babysitting him. It all worked out perfectly, but it is a job. Also a fantastic experience. DH & I will probably move to FL when the grandkids are a bit older. Our weather here in Illinois is about like yours and we need to get away from it. DHs family is all in MN.

Thanks so my Deanslist for the tips on Plantar F. I'm about at my wits end. It is starting to scare me that it won't ever get better & I won't be able to run. I need to run to maintain my weight for sure. I will go to Walmart and look for a brace. Was it just the foot, or did it go up the leg?? Thanks.

GB Glad to hear you slept well again & hope your apt goes well

Hi Casey Hope all is well with you.

I think our tubing trip for tonight will be cancelled. Real Feel temp is below zero. That would not be fun for anybody no matter how much you bundle up. Too bad. Now the group will end up in a bar eating bad bar food. I'll be OK, this place makes a very good burger, I usually eat half the bun. Real feel temp now is minu 6 Sun is just coming up, baby is smiling, it's all good

I think fasting is great. I've been reading all I can on it for 10 years and still not sure what to believe. I just like the way I feel & I sleep a little better when my last meal is at 1PM. I try to do IF whenever possible, mostly during the week. Sometimes I'll do a 24 to 48 hr fast. I used to think it helped me not get sick, not catch colds, but last couple years I have been sick more so maybe it was just a coincidence

Guess that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #1127
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Good morning everyone. I hope your appointment goes well today, GB! I will be thinking of you.

Last night while at gymnastics with my kids, I was reading a bunch of articles about how fasting and intermittent fasting is an effective adjunct to chemo for shrinking tumors. You probably know all about this, but I thought I'd mention it. Apparently there are currently efforts to get it approved the FDA. I've been fasting for about 33 hours except for some bone broth. I am feeling ok however also like I might be coming down with a cold, slight headache and sore throat. I hope I can shake it...

It's really cold here. -5 this morning without the wind. Looks like it will be in the deep freeze til next Thursday, and will rebound to the 30's. The older I get, the more I hate the cold. I have lived in MN or WI my whole life except for a brief time in Kansas City. I vow to get away from the cold one of these days! I would totally leave right now if I could, but DH wants to be close to his family in Duluth/Superior.

I am headed up to a CPR training today...it's in the north metro so about an hour drive..uggghhhh... we have to get certified every 2 years I think. I know it's important but not really how I want to spend my Friday... lol... I will try to pay attention.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Good morning Kris and DL
Casey, you have to post to get a "good morning" Lol.

I have read a little on fasting and cancer. I haven't felt ready for it mentally. You'd think a cancer patient would do whatever it takes to rid one's self of cancer.

And there are those people. I found out that I'm not. I'm driven to find the best way that works with who I am. I mean if I knew for sure that a three day fast would cure my cancer, I'm all in. But so far alternative efforts have gone no where.

Rather I should say, it appears that they haven't worked, but then maybe I'd be dead by now if I hadn't done so many healthy things. I have had two MD's tell me I was doing remarkably well for a sarcoma patient.

The lady MD at the clinic was probably surprised I wasn't dead already. I'm still mad at her for her lame efforts with me. "Save the clinic, not people" , is what my experience was.

Keck Medicine USC is so much more professional and on top of my care. At the clinic no one seemed to know what was going on. You just sit there until you squeak and they finally realize they need to oil the squeaky wheel.

Chemo today. Hopefully. I never thought I'd be so eager to get poisoned. But I love the idea of the cancer getting wacked hard. Especially the the cells that start new tumors. There they are happily forming a new colony and boom, goodbye little colony.

Have a great LC day my friends.

PS: I will look more into the fasting. More than one person has pointed me that way of late.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #1128
Casey
Major LCF Poster!
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,708
Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
good morning, GB, Kris and Melissa! hope you are all doing well and have a blessed Friday!

Went with my parents to meet with my dad's surgeon yesterday... Not the outcome I had hoped. I thought we'd be getting a surgery date for the mass in the middle lobe of his lung, but the dr is concerned about another possible mass in the lower lobe too. Initial PET scan showed "no activity" but second one indicates activity. I'm bummed because it went from stage one, operable and no post op radiation or chemo, to stage 2 or 3, and at age 82, surgery may not be an option (taking too much of the lung out), which leaves chemo and radiation. They're going to do another biopsy and CT scan for better information and we meet with the surgeon again on January 25. Dad is in denial and mom is angry - at everyone and everything - so I spend my time with them in referee mode. I went to the appointment straight from bible study, which is good because my thoughts were on the higher plan and prayers for their peace of mind as we go down this path. If he chooses not to have radiation and chemo, I worry that his breathing will become harder and harder, which would be an awful way to go - anyone who has had pneumonia or bronchitis will understand that panicked feeling of not being able to breathe. So, GB I'm curious, now that you are going down the radiation/chemo road.... I hear positive results from you - but would your decision be different at 82, or with the lungs being affected?
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #1129
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,463
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/128.6/120-123
WOE: Protein Power, mod fat and low carb
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Good morning Kris and DL
Casey, you have to post to get a "good morning" Lol.

I have read a little on fasting and cancer. I haven't felt ready for it mentally. You'd think a cancer patient would do whatever it takes to rid one's self of cancer.

And there are those people. I found out that I'm not. I'm driven to find the best way that works with who I am. I mean if I knew for sure that a three day fast would cure my cancer, I'm all in. But so far alternative efforts have gone no where.

Rather I should say, it appears that they haven't worked, but then maybe I'd be dead by now if I hadn't done so many healthy things. I have had two MD's tell me I was doing remarkably well for a sarcoma patient.

The lady MD at the clinic was probably surprised I wasn't dead already. I'm still mad at her for her lame efforts with me. "Save the clinic, not people" , is what my experience was.

Keck Medicine USC is so much more professional and on top of my care. At the clinic no one seemed to know what was going on. You just sit there until you squeak and they finally realize they need to oil the squeaky wheel.

Chemo today. Hopefully. I never thought I'd be so eager to get poisoned. But I love the idea of the cancer getting wacked hard. Especially the the cells that start new tumors. There they are happily forming a new colony and boom, goodbye little colony.

Have a great LC day my friends.

PS: I will look more into the fasting. More than one person has pointed me that way of late.
I am not a happy faster. I don’t blame you for resisting it. I also relax the rules with artificial sweeteners and bone broth, but hoping I still get some benefits.

I think the cancer benefit includes IF and just calorie restriction in general, too. Maybe you wouldn’t need to totally fast.

Anyway, whatever you do, I’m happy that the chemo appears to be attacking it! My ex MIL (oldest DDs grandma) was dx with ovarian cancer about 2 years ago...she opted to not do chemo, and then once she decided to because other things weren’t working, it was too late. Her cancer was very fast and aggressive.. I believe she died 4 months after dx. She was always so good to me, even after her son and I divorced. Very sad.

Casey, I’m sorry the news wasn’t better about your dad..sounds very positive that you’d just been at Bible study before interacting with your family.

People often think I have an insensitive view of death- but really I don’t- if I know where they’re going I feel quite relieved. Gone from my sight, but definitely not gone!! I feel my dad around me all the time, in so many ways.

Kris, it’s like a foot brace that goes up to mid-calf. Not the most attractive thing to wear to bed, but it does the job! I hope it works for you too!! Stay warm!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

NO MORE EXCUSES!
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892390

Last edited by deanslist; 01-12-2018 at 12:18 PM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:04 AM   #1130
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Casey Sorry not the best news on your dad. Tough decisions to make

Deanslist Hope you are feeling better and didn't end up with a cold. Thanks for info on foot brace. I'm going to go to Walmart today and look at the store and if they don't have one there I found one on their website I can order. I don't order much on line; have had problems with things going to wrong house and just sitting there. The online one was just under $20, made by ACE. I was looking for the one that was least bulky. Again I really appreciate the info on something to try as I've been to a foot doctor who really didn't offer many options - never even mentioned the brace. I already have the inserts.

GB Looking forward to hearing how you are doing today. Hope the treatment went well

Super cold here again of course. I have some errands to run, stuff to return, and then will meet some friends for early dinner at 4. It won't really be LC but I'll take half of it home and keep it lighter carb. That's the mode I'm in for the weekend, just maintaining really. Last night I ended up with just one chicken wing, celery/carrot sticks and one cheese filled wonton thing, some carbs but not tons. I won't lose this way of course.
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:40 AM   #1131
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
good morning, GB, Kris and Melissa! hope you are all doing well and have a blessed Friday!

Went with my parents to meet with my dad's surgeon yesterday... Not the outcome I had hoped. I thought we'd be getting a surgery date for the mass in the middle lobe of his lung, but the dr is concerned about another possible mass in the lower lobe too. Initial PET scan showed "no activity" but second one indicates activity. I'm bummed because it went from stage one, operable and no post op radiation or chemo, to stage 2 or 3, and at age 82, surgery may not be an option (taking too much of the lung out), which leaves chemo and radiation. They're going to do another biopsy and CT scan for better information and we meet with the surgeon again on January 25. Dad is in denial and mom is angry - at everyone and everything - so I spend my time with them in referee mode. I went to the appointment straight from bible study, which is good because my thoughts were on the higher plan and prayers for their peace of mind as we go down this path. If he chooses not to have radiation and chemo, I worry that his breathing will become harder and harder, which would be an awful way to go - anyone who has had pneumonia or bronchitis will understand that panicked feeling of not being able to breathe. So, GB I'm curious, now that you are going down the radiation/chemo road.... I hear positive results from you - but would your decision be different at 82, or with the lungs being affected?
Good morning Casey
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear about more masses. I'm no expert, especially on lung cancer. I do know that as I read about cancer for over a year, it seemed that lung cancer was often on the list of being beatable. I could have traded my sarcomas for it.

And then you have the age factor, so I just am too dumb to speak with authority. I do know that little old ladies in their 90's have done chemo. That's what my doctor told me.

I relate to your dad's denial. I'm good at that one too. If I wasn't in so much denial, I'd be fighting this cancer harder. But I prefer to look at the world thru amber colored glasses. And I do that literally as well, my sunglasses make the grass greener and the hills more golden than real life.

It's not reality, but it's prettier. Who knows, a little bit of denial is better than depression. Treating the cancer with some peace of mind may go further than with fear. I should fear my cancer, but I don't. Besides, my cancer is nothing before the mighty hand of God.

That said, God expects us to be wise. Trust Him and then do all you can. I'd rather err to the side of expecting too much from God. Than to expect too little and have all my trust in doctors. Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah?

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 AM   #1132
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
I am not a happy faster. I donít blame you for resisting it. I also relax the rules with artificial sweeteners and bone broth, but hoping I still get some benefits.

I think the cancer benefit includes IF and just calorie restriction in general, too. Maybe you wouldnít need to totally fast.

Anyway, whatever you do, Iím happy that the chemo appears to be attacking it! My ex MIL (oldest DDs grandma) was dx with ovarian cancer about 2 years ago...she opted to not do chemo, and then once she decided to because other things werenít working, it was too late. Her cancer was very fast and aggressive.. I believe she died 4 months after dx. She was always so good to me, even after her son and I divorced. Very sad.

Casey, Iím sorry the news wasnít better about your dad..sounds very positive that youíd just been at Bible study before interacting with your family.

People often think I have an insensitive view of death- but really I donít- if I know where theyíre going I feel quite relieved. Gone from my sight, but definitely not gone!! I feel my dad around me all the time, in so many ways.

Kris, itís like a foot brace that goes up to mid-calf. Not the most attractive thing to wear to bed, but it does the job! I hope it works for you too!! Stay warm!
Hi DL and Kris
Thanks DL for your encouraging ways. Instead of rebuking me not being excited about fasting, you simply encouraged me to step it down and find a compromise. Then later we could up it to fasting. That's good counseling style.

I want to say a few remarks about your view on death. Next post. Stay tuned.

Kris , my chemo went great. My labs were "beautiful" is what the nurse said. Feel great this morning. This is typical right after chemo, and then as your body starts to deal with toxic overload on day 4 or 5....things are a little gloomy.

But I'm going to look for ways to prevent day 4 or 5 from being gloomy. Like sweating it out in my sauna.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #1133
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Good morning everyone. Hope you're having some fun on your weekend.

Yeah, DL
I tend to be rather casual about death, in the sense of I know where I'm going when I cross thru the veil. The sad part is leaving loved ones behind. So we live for them.

I sure have done my share of selfish living too. Still struggle with it. Right from the get go. It was hard to see another child play with my favorite toy.

But we grow up and learn to love one another. It's hard at times, especially when people act unlovely. You know the drill. We all do.

Anyway, had a great day yesterday. I felt great. My son in law got some new stuff from the medical cannabis dispensary. Finally found something that gave me a nice effect when smoked.

I know, it sounds like loser time, but i'm under professional direction from a nurse in Hawaii who told me to take as much THC as I can tolerate. It really helps in the overall fight with cancer. It has a direct kill effect on cancer, although for advanced cancer, like mine, chemo is the big gun.

But it was a nice wirey kind of effect. Very alert feeling. Add that in with the anti-depressant I've been taking for over a week, and some how I felt pretty good. That's a great place to be right after a chemo treatment.

Still love my new truck. Can't wait to take DW out on a trip. I think she will feel a lot better in that big, roomy cab, than in that cramped little Sebring with the dangerous roof. Although it was a great car for us. The air conditioning was weak and attempts to fix it still left my DW hot in the car in the desert. No good.

Day three after chemo begins. I still feel good. Tomorrow could take a turn for the worse. But I sweated out good in my sauna yesterday. Plus I'm taking zeolite powder to carry out toxins quicker. Basically I'm trying to help my liver by not requiring it to process the whole toxic load.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #1134
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Good Morning!

So glad yesterday was a good day for you & also you had good lab reports GB. Hope you are still feeling OK today!

Kind of a quiet weekend for us, not much going on and with the holiday today we have no baby so we went to breakfast buffet at the casino. No gambling, just in and out food! I don't do bad at breakfast buffets tho since there are so many good LC choices. I probably over ate a bit, feel kina full, but no sugar loaded breads, pancakes or pastries!! I'd love to fast for the rest of the day but probably DH will want to go somewhere. It's so cold an nasty here, going to keep dropping in temps all day, no reason to go out if you ask me
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #1135
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Good Morning!

So glad yesterday was a good day for you & also you had good lab reports GB. Hope you are still feeling OK today!

Kind of a quiet weekend for us, not much going on and with the holiday today we have no baby so we went to breakfast buffet at the casino. No gambling, just in and out food! I don't do bad at breakfast buffets tho since there are so many good LC choices. I probably over ate a bit, feel kina full, but no sugar loaded breads, pancakes or pastries!! I'd love to fast for the rest of the day but probably DH will want to go somewhere. It's so cold an nasty here, going to keep dropping in temps all day, no reason to go out if you ask me
I agree. Stay home. Good job at the casino, avoiding the bad stuff!

I felt great the day of chemo. The best on day two. Yesterday wasn't bad. Today has been queasy. Nap day. But I'm making it work. It's worth it. Love dealing the cancer a blow. A death blow.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #1136
Casey
Major LCF Poster!
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,708
Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, GB - thank you for your unique perspective on my dad's situation. We'll know more on the 25th. I think some THC would, at least, make my mom more tolerable - ha.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:46 AM   #1137
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,285
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Casey Continued prayers for your dad.

GB Sorry about the queasy. You have a great outlook on blasting that cancer with a death blow.

Deanslist Hope you are staying warm!

Schools closed around here again, or at least many having a late start. I understand the need for that, want the kids to be safe. But it sure makes things crazy for the parents. Hard for some to just "go into work late" several days in a row. I remember it happening when I had kids in school too I guess, just seems so long ago. I feel old these days I guess, maybe too much staying home in the house My Cold/sinus infection has lasted almost 4 weeks now, longest lasting one I've ever had I think I also feel "generally less healthy" since I'm not able to exercise with the heel/foot pain. I've always been able to exercise some way all of my life. Well, someday everything will be back to normal Just don't feel like eating healthy either???
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
6 Mar 2018 - 152
24 Apr 2018 - 155
8 May2018 - 149

Last edited by schaferk; 01-16-2018 at 03:48 AM..
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:43 AM   #1138
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
hi, GB - thank you for your unique perspective on my dad's situation. We'll know more on the 25th. I think some THC would, at least, make my mom more tolerable - ha.
You're welcome Casey
I hope I've helped. I don't suppose your mom would be interested in THC tho. Not sure of the laws there anyway. But there are CBD oil products that have no THC, that would/could help. They can ship across state lines. Pricey too.

Have a great LC day Casey. Praying for your dad.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:57 AM   #1139
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,203
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Casey Continued prayers for your dad.

GB Sorry about the queasy. You have a great outlook on blasting that cancer with a death blow.

Deanslist Hope you are staying warm!

Schools closed around here again, or at least many having a late start. I understand the need for that, want the kids to be safe. But it sure makes things crazy for the parents. Hard for some to just "go into work late" several days in a row. I remember it happening when I had kids in school too I guess, just seems so long ago. I feel old these days I guess, maybe too much staying home in the house My Cold/sinus infection has lasted almost 4 weeks now, longest lasting one I've ever had I think I also feel "generally less healthy" since I'm not able to exercise with the heel/foot pain. I've always been able to exercise some way all of my life. Well, someday everything will be back to normal Just don't feel like eating healthy either???
Wow, you're really going thru it there in the icy cold Kris. Chaka Khan feels for you. Feels for you, feels for you.

Keep taking lots of vitamin C and garlic. Apple cider vinegar is excellent too. I swallow ACV in water at the first inkling of a cold. That usually ends it before it can get a hold.

Some really bad flu going around here. I can't afford to get it. They'd want to hospitalize me.

Today is Day 5 since chemo. Woke up queasy, but thru an anti-nausea med at it. Makes me tired, but tired is better than nausea. Shots today and tomorrow, then hopefully Lartruvo on Friday. The drug that is more Sarcoma specific.

Maybe I will calorie restrict today. Been reading up. Fasting does seem promising. Thanks DL.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:15 AM   #1140
Casey
Major LCF Poster!
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,708
Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, GB- lol - my brother and I had a conversation about how to slip mom some "edibles" - to get her to relax. She's the type that is very controlling - and the older they get and with health issues, she has less and less that she can control, so she becomes ultra controlling over anything that she can. Doctor prescribed Prozac a few years ago and she'd fight the good effects - feeling good made her uncomfortable!!! So if she felt good, she would stop taking them, and no one knew she was dong this - she was absolutely all over the map. i suffered with eating disorders in my teens (and twenties) and I think part of it was in response to her controlling nature - eating was the only thing that I could control! I had nightmares the whole time I lived at home and a therapist later said that was my way of working things out and dealing with it. Going low carb in 1999 helped me get a handle on those eating issues. So, 18 years of eating low carb and staying in a 5 lb range has helped me manage the eating issues. Wow - there's a TMI that I wasn't expecting. where did all of that come from?! Thanks for listening!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriendsģ is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.