Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
NewOldLC
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: NewOldLC
Stats: 235/158.8/165 Goal met Jan 9 2016. New goal 145!
WOE: Atkins DANDR
Start Date: January 12, 2015
2 awesome sugar free iced teas

Made these today and they turned out great so thought I'd share

2 gallons of sugar free sun teas ...one black tea and 1 passion tea ☀😎🍹
Lemon iced tea is gallon jar of water and 8 black tea bags out in the sun for 3 hours. Remove bags without pressing and chill tea overnight. Add 2 tbsp citric acid, 1/8 tsp pure sucralose and the juice of 1 and half lemons.
Passion iced tea is a gallon jar of water and 6 tazo passion tea bags out in the sun for 3 hours. Remove bags without pressing and chill tea overnight. Add 1 tbsp citric acid, 1/8 tsp pure sucralose and the juice of 1 and a half lemons
Mandy

Check out my instagram at @mrsagnesbrown5
NewOldLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
sbwertz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Stats: Low carb for blood sugar control
Try the Good Earth sweet and spicy herbal tea...the one with the Rooibos. It has a natural sweetness and no carbs and no caffeine. Costco carries it in the winter time only..and only gets one shipment of it in the late fall. I always stock up because we love it both hot and iced.

An interesting side effect. I have Interstitial Cystitis, which causes my bladder to be easily irritated. This tea seems to have a very soothing effect on my IC.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I too love this Good Earth tea. Used to have a farm market close by and could
get it anytime, but not now. Maybe Amazon?
Old 07-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
ailicec.m
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ailicec.m
Tried the lemon tea earlier today and it was perfect--thank you for the recipe. I added less sweetening, to my taste, but the proportion of black tea bag to lemon juice to citric acid was spot on!

I learned recently that sun tea has the potential to be quite dangerous--leaving room temperature water in the sun gives bacteria a delicious breeding ground. I don't believe I know anyone who has gotten sick from this, but it turns out that tea is like coffee; it brews just as well in cold water in the refrigerator (I've used these proportions with success).

I just put four black tea bags into a half gallon of cold filtered water (according to your recipe) and left it in the fridge overnight. Turned out perfectly!
ailicec.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #5
Baricat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baricat
Stats: 240/118/135 Start:size 22, now size 0-2.
WOE: LC for control of diabetes
Start Date: January 2007. Have kept weight off over 10 years.
Welcome, alice!!

You're absolutely right. I've been making iced tea exclusively in the fridge since the early 80s, when I saw an English dude on TV, who was laughing at the quaint, PT Barnum-esque product called a sun tea maker. He thought it was a hoot that someone got rich by suggesting one needed the help of the sun to make good iced tea, duping beaucoup people into believing you could make the best tea only by buying his big, plastic vat.

He said actually you could accomplish better results by simply putting your pitcher with water and tea bags in the fridge for an hour or two. As he pointed out, then your tea is nice and cold when it's ready, unlike tea brewed out in the hot sun. So I tried it. He was SO right! I always have a big pitcher in the fridge. It's my beverage of choice. (or, as Dolly Parton said in Steel Magnolias, "It's the house wine of the south!")