Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-16-2017, 07:13 AM   #181
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
How is she doing, Carly? Keeping you both in my prayers

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #182
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
phoenix17 - That has happened to me, too, to weigh less after an UD. When I venture to weigh after an UD . The scale is a weird beast. Yes, I need to keep some Benadryl on hand as that does help me sleep, too. I really want to keep the Tylenol PM just for times when I have some aches and pains at bedtime (oh the joys of getting older!). Sometimes shaking things up with the eating is what the body needs. Even though I am a terribly slow loser, my body does seem to respond to regular shake ups.

handbells - B-R-E-A-T-H-E!!!!!

p0rtia - Agree with everything you said. To track, not track, weigh, not weigh - is a constant source of joy and irritation at times. I had quit tracking and weighing after beginning to listen to a podcast (Keto for Women) because I really did want to just eat for my body. One would think gaining indicated that I was eating way too much. Although I didn't track, it was fairly easy to figure in my head the calories and I kept relatively between 20-30 carbs per day. The calories usually fell short. I think my body is a quirk of nature. I'm glad I could inspire you - you inspired me to come back by this challenge, not to negate all the other wonderful JB's who have encouraged me over my many returns. I don't know why this challenge struck a nerve with me, but it did. If I'm counting right, this is the third week back - longer than my last few returns!

Carly - Prayers for you and yours.

Yesterday was a DD. Two coffees with cream, and I met a friend for coffee. I opted for a tall sugar free cinnamon dolce with HWC no whip. No idea the calories, but as long as it wasn't over 400 calories (and I don't think it was), then I consider it another excellent DD. The weigh in this morning showed my at my recent low, so I still didn't get to change my ticker.

p0rtia, I remembered to bring my Kerrygold to work so I'm sipping on a yummy full on BPC!

Edited to add: I just popped into the daily weigh thread. That is an excellent place to see that most JB's are in line with my own ups and downs. Aside from the occasional speedster who seems to lose just about every DD!

December Goals:
-Sticking to NOT STRESSING if my schedule goes haywire. Which I seem to be doing well at both.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 11-16-2017 at 08:13 AM..
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #183
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
kwerp - Even with three UDs I think you're proof of why JUDDD works so well. Many have reported going on vacation and not really sticking to their schedule, yet they gain no weight or just a couple of pounds which comes off easily again. That said, I certainly hope this holds true for me while on vacation next week!!
I think what has helped is that I mostly do OMAD, or a 3-4 hour eating window. Good luck next week!
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #184
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Technically- I'll need to switch my rotation, since today is an UD, which means Thanksgiving will be DD, but if DW is still in the hospital there won't even be a Thanksgiving, so it might be moot. I will just carry on for now.
How is DW doing, Carly? Please tell her we're all asking about her.

I'm concluding my wonderful spell of EOD on Wednesday. Which is a scheduled UD. I've toyed with the idea of water fasting Tues and Weds, but the cards are stacked against me. I leave the cabin Monday, and have a lunch date in Hanover, NH, then on to Boston for the rest of the week. I will probably just do a DD Tuesday and an UD Wednesday and then celebrate. Because I am very happy with my five weeks of EOD and the results I see in the mirror.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #185
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
DW is still in the hospital. Just got on the train to head up there.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #186
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Been feeling a bit anxious about the holiday season. I've been so happy here at the cabin these past four/five weeks doing EOD. Feel amazing. I have hips. Ribs. Knees. Shoulder bones. Wishing I could just carry on and skip the travel and partying scheduled over the next two weeks. Will come up with a plan tomorrow, but today my thoughts have crystalized into a simple statement of being: I like the weight I am now. I don't want to gain back the tummy and leg fat that have disappeared over the past few weeks.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #187
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Been feeling a bit anxious about the holiday season. I've been so happy here at the cabin these past four/five weeks doing EOD. Feel amazing. I have hips. Ribs. Knees. Shoulder bones. Wishing I could just carry on and skip the travel and partying scheduled over the next two weeks. Will come up with a plan tomorrow, but today my thoughts have crystalized into a simple statement of being: I like the weight I am now. I don't want to gain back the tummy and leg fat that have disappeared over the past few weeks.
This is lovely. JUDDD has a deeply healing quality to it.

I'm feeling the same way actually. I had a really good DD today, and while I have a planned UD on Saturday...part of me is thinking, just have a OMAD as you feel like tomorrow. No need to punish myself, no need to have two DDs, just let it go. I can always have a better DD on Sunday, right? And this JUDDD calm is why I come back, and maybe (fingers crossed) this is the time it clicks for me.

I won't lie. I first had to sort out some problems with my anxiety. But, now that I have, I'm in a mental space where I can embrace JUDDD. I've been trying for 3+ years. IF and JUDDD make the most sense to me physiologically and mentally. Fingers crossed I'll see the right side of 130 soon after 3 years. The last time I saw the 120s was in 2014 after a potato hack, after a solid month of dedicated low-carb JUDDD.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:36 AM   #188
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 16

Friday, Nov 17

(Day 33 for some of us)

We're in the Home Stretch

6 Days To Turkey!!!

Old 11-17-2017, 05:21 AM   #189
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Still here, still doing it.

The scale has been up for the last couple of rotations, not sure why. Am not doing anything wrong, feeling like I'm retaining water and spending too much time sitting and grading at work. Hoping this weekend of resting and some horizontal relaxing will help my body do what it needs to do.

JUDDD on, my friends.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #190
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3

Carly - Hope DW gets well asap and is released from Hospital soon.

After the past few weeks of having collagen protein bone broth on DDs instead of protein shakes, I’ve decided starting today to follow Dr. Kellyann’s IF program of what she calls mini-fasts (500 cal. Max) but do 3 Days weekly (M-W-F) instead of 2 as she recommends. Her Food Plan for non mini-fast days is basically Paleo without Gluten, Rice, Beans and Dairy. It looks similiar to low carb & high fat but not to the extreme levels like Keto. She also includes bullet proof coffee on non mini-fast days. Using butter in mine is nauseating to me, so I just use MCT powder from Quest and add 2 TBS. of collagen powder & cinnamon.

Just in case next week gets too busy with the holiday to check in here, hope you all have a terrific Thanksgiving everyone and safe travels too!

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #191
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hello all,
Another sort of fly by for me. Work is just simply insane right now. I had a little hissy fit after a 2 hour meeting this morning, pretty much cursing out management and their lack of communication. It was highly unprofessional but I couldn't stand it. I suppose the audience was a sort of "safe" audience.... since they were feeling the same way. Anyway- the diet has been OUT the window this week. and you know what? The scale went down. And you know what else? TOM showed up again. So I don't have any idea what is going on with me. I'm down about 3 lbs this week, well - only 1.5 lbs from my previous low from last week. The one thing I am doing differently though is focusing on protein. So you super duper smart ladies on here, you've been saying that all along!! I've been doing the usual and skipping breakfast, fast til lunch, have a small lunch (either soup or a protein shake) then a moderate dinner. calories have been all over the place but they haven't been crazy high, just not really any sort of rotation and definitely not compliant with 8WBSD.

The weekend is almost here but I will still be working but at least at home but while also trying to finish all my household stuff. Next week I will basically be doing the same thing- fasting when I can, trying to keep everything else controlled. The one thing I know will be higher next week though is alcohol consumption. I'm already planning visits with several of my friends and of course family always drives me to drink . Seriously though, I think it is watching the liquid calories that will be key in controlling next week.

I expect posting will be sporadic but looking forward to another thread (??) for a Christmas challenge!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #192
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
kwerp - Thank you! Just read your other post, too, about being in a mental space embracing JUDDD. I think (hope and pray) I am as well. I'm almost fearful of this next week because although I'm not going to pig out, I know I won't be sticking to the schedule. But, it's only a few days and I've gotten just about three weeks doing it pretty solid behind me. On my schedule anyway (M/W/F)!

quietnite - I do the same. I always drop in the beginning, then seriously just hang or go up a bit for a couple of weeks. I don't get enough water in even if I keep the darn jug under my nose!

phoenix17 - Very interesting about the weight going down despite not being on plan. But it happens. My jeans began feeling snug again, then this morning, feel better again. Just before vacation, go figure!

This is my last post before vacation and although today is a DD, it'll end up being a MD because my head is already out the door! And, my UD wasn't very substantial yesterday as we had power outages last night. Which means I'm fairly hungry today. So ...

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

December Goals:
-Sticking to NOT STRESSING if my schedule goes haywire. Which I seem to be doing well at both.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #193
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Have a wonderful vacation, VL!

Some things are slowly starting to come together and my stress has eased slightly. Still no car

Scale finally cooperated! I've lost 15 pounds since the middle of October.

Hope everyone is well. Still praying for DW, Carly.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #194
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Hole-lee cow today has been crazy.
Started out at my goal weight, but likely due to dehydration from working out last night...
All day today has been cray-zee.
Usually I walk 6000-8000 steps for my typical work day. Today was a solid 8000ish (I don't wear my fitbit anymore); then my BIL was admitted to the hospital due to some ailments (he smoked like a chimney, doesn't eat well, has chronic back/ excema complaints). So I drove to the hospital to meet DH, and had to walk over the entire hospital campus before I found the room. Then we walked back to my car, drove to find games for our nephews to play, parked, walked back across the campus...you get the idea.
While today was an UD, I only had a sandwich for lunch, and a mini pizza for dinner just now. I'm exhausted and ready for bed.
So today was conveniently an MD, as tomorrow I'm having an UD. I'm hoping to work out tomorrow as well; as the weight has been coming off, I find it's more motivating to exercise.

The true test is if I can get back in the saddle on Sunday for a DD. This will be the true tell tale if JUDDD is sticking for me or not.

I'm also excited that I'm getting a turkey on Sunday. I live in the UK, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I have a package of the pepperridge farm stuffing mix, which I'll make with onions, celery and mushrooms wednesday night. We have fixings for green bean casserole as well. DH is actually off work on Thursday, so he can put the turkey in to cook while I'm at work, and when I get home we'll actually have a nice Thanksgiving meal! This will be my first Thanksgiving meal in the UK; I'm pretty excited about it.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #195
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Still here, still doing it.

The scale has been up for the last couple of rotations, not sure why. Am not doing anything wrong, feeling like I'm retaining water and spending too much time sitting and grading at work. Hoping this weekend of resting and some horizontal relaxing will help my body do what it needs to do.

JUDDD on, my friends.
Glad you're sticking to it. Scales.... Don't get me started. Oh wait! Too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post

After the past few weeks of having collagen protein bone broth on DDs instead of protein shakes, I’ve decided starting today to follow Dr. Kellyann’s IF program of what she calls mini-fasts (500 cal. Max) but do 3 Days weekly (M-W-F) instead of 2 as she recommends. Her Food Plan for non mini-fast days is basically Paleo without Gluten, Rice, Beans and Dairy. It looks similiar to low carb & high fat but not to the extreme levels like Keto. She also includes bullet proof coffee on non mini-fast days. Using butter in mine is nauseating to me, so I just use MCT powder from Quest and add 2 TBS. of collagen powder & cinnamon.

Just in case next week gets too busy with the holiday to check in here, hope you all have a terrific Thanksgiving everyone and safe travels too!

Ann
Thanks, Slim! Safe travels and holiday fun to you too! Dr. K sounds very healthy. Some day I hope to do healthy (sustainably). *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Hello all,
Another sort of fly by for me. Work is just simply insane right now. I had a little hissy fit after a 2 hour meeting this morning, pretty much cursing out management and their lack of communication. It was highly unprofessional but I couldn't stand it. I suppose the audience was a sort of "safe" audience.... since they were feeling the same way. Anyway- the diet has been OUT the window this week. and you know what? The scale went down.

I expect posting will be sporadic but looking forward to another thread (??) for a Christmas challenge!!
I was thinking about further threads myself to provide support over the post T-day weeks. I've been feeling weird about the prospect of even a small amount of holiday pudge. I put together my own schedule. It works out like this: a week in Boston, week back at the cabin, another week in Boston, then off to Fla and...TENNIS!!! So for me it's those three weeks that I need to plan for, working around the various social events. I haven't come up with an actual plan yet, but I'm thinking EOD JUDDD when I'm here at the cabin, and WEMSC (whatever my sister cooks) while i'm in Boston. Luckily she does 5:2, and maybe I can convince her to do 4:3. Whatever happens, yes, let's start a hangout thread!

Sorry about work What is it about the pre-holiday build-up??? Anyway, glad the scale gods gave you a nice treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I'm almost fearful of this next week because although I'm not going to pig out, I know I won't be sticking to the schedule. But, it's only a few days and I've gotten just about three weeks doing it pretty solid behind me. On my schedule anyway (M/W/F)!

This is my last post before vacation and although today is a DD, it'll end up being a MD because my head is already out the door! And, my UD wasn't very substantial yesterday as we had power outages last night. Which means I'm fairly hungry today. So ...

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
Likewise, 'Nilla! It's been fun hanging out with you!!! So glad you've been able to stay consistent. I hear you on the Holiday Fear (and we are not alone). Good luck navigating the vacation! See you on the other side, I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Have a wonderful vacation, VL!

Some things are slowly starting to come together and my stress has eased slightly. Still no car

Scale finally cooperated! I've lost 15 pounds since the middle of October.
That 15 lb is sooo awesome! It's been fun watching you rock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post

The true test is if I can get back in the saddle on Sunday for a DD. This will be the true tell tale if JUDDD is sticking for me or not.

I'm also excited that I'm getting a turkey on Sunday. I live in the UK, but Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I have a package of the pepperridge farm stuffing mix, which I'll make with onions, celery and mushrooms wednesday night. We have fixings for green bean casserole as well. DH is actually off work on Thursday, so he can put the turkey in to cook while I'm at work, and when I get home we'll actually have a nice Thanksgiving meal! This will be my first Thanksgiving meal in the UK; I'm pretty excited about it.
I lived in the UK for a few years, and always had plenty of friends with whom to celebrate Thanksgiving. Of course they were mostly gringos like myself. But it is fun.

Here's hoping JUDDD "sticks" and you can get back into it. It's funny how we can be so set in a WOE, and think, "This is it; I'm never stopping!" and then, BAM. One of the things I love about JUDDD, though, is that it's been quite easy (for me) to get back into after a break. Because half way through that first day, when I start getting peckish, I think, "Tomorrow I'm gonna enjoy myself." Hope that works for you!

Me: Took a piccy of myself (headshot for something or other) this morning and more or less couldn't believe it. I do not know this person. I'll post when I have a minute. Been reading up on leptin and other hormones that give the sense of fullness, because I wanted to know what was happening with me--where these feelings of hunger and sateity come from. Sumpin' goin' on.... All good.

Happy weekend, everybody!!!
Old 11-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #196
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 17

Saturday, Nov 18

(Day 34 for some of us)

We're in the Home Stretch

5 Days To Turkey!!!

Old 11-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #197
Ameliaann
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ameliaann
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Looking forward to Holiday Season?

I am! And I bet you are too!--and you know what that means.

The Holiday Season is a Double-edged Sword for some of us.

So let's take strength from each other

And commit to three weeks of Strictly Eating

Whatever your WOE

It's apropos

So

The Must be The Place!

(And if you just want to give support, you are welcome too!)

Interested? Set your goal, state your plan, and hop on board!
Actually I have only been eating low carb for two weeks....more specifically 16 days. I am concerned that although I have been diligent Thanksgiving could be a formidable challenge. Sooo I am bringing dishes to the dinner which I can eat. I am eating low carb, gluten free and vegetarian and I know that family will bring mashed potatoes and rice noodle mac and cheese. Even on Thanksgiving I will do my best to stick to new eating regimen, because for me eating sugar or carbs will mean falling off the wagon. I don't feel punished or deprived as is. Good luck to you with one week off. You are stronger than I am.
Ameliaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #198
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ameliaann -- Welcome! Yes, Thanksgiving (any holiday) is indeed a challenge for low carbers. It's great to hear that you're bringing your own LC foods. :-D Particularly since you've only been doing low car for two week (three weeks by next week). A lot of us are nervy about the holidays. Too many bad memories of overindulgence, I reckon.

Hope it goes well for you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-19-2017, 05:58 AM   #199
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 18

Sunday, Nov 19

(Day 35 for some of us)

4 Days to Turkey!!!

Worry not about the coming festival!

Make a plan,
Enjoy your life.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:53 AM   #200
annabanana76179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
How much do you usually lose each week on JUDDD?

***Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty-they merely move it from their faces to their
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #201
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana76179 View Post
How much do you usually lose each week on JUDDD?
I don’t think there is any standard amount. It depends on age, weight, activity and how low DDs are along with many other variables.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #202
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I don't have T'day to worry about thank heavens, but I have lived in the US and understand what an important holiday it is for you. When living in the Far East we also had many great T'day meals with American friends.

Best of luck to Nilla and those of you off on your vacations. You can do this.

I am doing pretty well, maintaining where I am comfortable.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #203
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so yesterday was a bust. Two UDs in a row. DH wanted to get chinese food, and while I did have a normal amount, I know I'm retaining water from all the salt. Opted not to weigh today. I'm struggling a bit with the DD today, but I'll live.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #204
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 19

Monday, Nov 20

(Day 36 for some of us)

3 Days to Turkey!!!

Worry not about the coming festival!

Make a plan,

Do you best and enjoy!

Shop-ho!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:18 AM   #205
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
You've got me fancying Turkey now, lol.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #206
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Ok, so yesterday was a bust. Two UDs in a row. DH wanted to get chinese food, and while I did have a normal amount, I know I'm retaining water from all the salt. Opted not to weigh today. I'm struggling a bit with the DD today, but I'll live.
Yeah, I lost the plot last night at 9 PM. That NEVER happens (I'm a day-light binger ). But there I was, packing out the fridge in preparation for today's decampment to Boston, and there was that bit of coconut in the bottom of the jar, and the 150 grams of leftover turkey from yesterday, and the open pack of cheese.

The season has officially begun!
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #207
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Annabanna- I only lose about 1-1.5 lbs/week when I'm good at JUDDDing but I'm a slow loser. 1 lb a week is good for me.

pOrtia- you can do it! you are so disciplined I have no doubt you will keep everything in control. Its good your sister is also following a plan, that really helps a lot. I would love to have someone in the family relate to me and this woe.

kwerp- oh yeah salt and chinese food. but at least you will drink lots of water, flush out the salt and then realize you didn't do so bad. I'm feeling optimistic for you

Carly- I didn't look on the daily chat thread yet but hoping DW is doing lots better??

Amelie- good for you bringing your own food!! I try to do this too, bring lots of veggie side dishes and load up my plate with those.

Vanilla- did you say where you were going on vacation? or is it staycation?

handbells - hope your stress has decreased? stress is awful.

speaking of stress, that was my weekend. Well, ok it wasn't as bad as the work week but I had headaches all weekend and I know it was all from tension in my shoulders and neck, and behind my eyes from too much computer work. blah. My eating was just ok over the weekend, nothing too crazy, but not exactly dieting either. I haven't stepped on the scale yet but I rarely do on a Monday because I know the post-weekend bump will be there and no point in getting down about it. I know the scale can un-do me but if I don't weigh somewhat regularly it is too easy for me to justify straying from the woe in social situations. The holiday week is upon us, I'm actually not that worried about it. Interesting.

anyone have any good butternut squash recipes? I know have 3 of them from my farm CSA and thats too much soup to make .
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #208
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post

speaking of stress, that was my weekend. Well, ok it wasn't as bad as the work week but I had headaches all weekend and I know it was all from tension in my shoulders and neck, and behind my eyes from too much computer work. blah. My eating was just ok over the weekend, nothing too crazy, but not exactly dieting either. I haven't stepped on the scale yet but I rarely do on a Monday because I know the post-weekend bump will be there and no point in getting down about it. I know the scale can un-do me but if I don't weigh somewhat regularly it is too easy for me to justify straying from the woe in social situations. The holiday week is upon us, I'm actually not that worried about it. Interesting.

anyone have any good butternut squash recipes? I know have 3 of them from my farm CSA and thats too much soup to make .
I bought a TENS unit on Amazon and it works really well. It definitely helps the muscle spasms in my neck.

This is the one I got:

DONECO Electronic Pulse Massager - Portable TENS Unit with Adjustable Speed and Intensity for Muscle Pain Relief - Features 4 Outputs, 8 Pads and LCD Display Screen - High Quality, Batteries Included.

If you get it, buy more pads at the same time.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #209
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Safe travels, p0rtia! Enjoy your time in Boston! I'm looking forward to a new thread when you come back

Phoenix- so sorry to hear about your headaches. I hope you're feeling a bit better today! My stress has reduced a little bit, but I'm still without a car.

Carly- How is DW doing?

Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #210
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Safe travels, p0rtia! Enjoy your time in Boston! I'm looking forward to a new thread when you come back

Phoenix- so sorry to hear about your headaches. I hope you're feeling a bit better today! My stress has reduced a little bit, but I'm still without a car.

Carly- How is DW doing?
She is doing better. She was discharged Saturday evening, but not cleared to go back to work. She is home resting. This is a good thing.