Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 AM   #151
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Day 12

Monday, Nov 13

(Day 29 for some of us)

Countdown to T-Day

10 Days To Go!!!

Last edited by p0rtia; 11-13-2017 at 04:43 AM..
p0rtia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 05:59 AM   #152
annabanana76179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
Down 2.9 pounds the first week. How about you this week?

***Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty-they merely move it from their faces to their
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #153
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
That's great, Annabanana! Way to go!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #154
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Ah Monday. Monday Monday Monday. blah. My weekend was difficult for a few reasons - tension from work and personal led me to once again consume more on Friday than I wanted to. I think I may need to make Friday an UD. I did fast most of the day though so it was all later in the day. I had been fighting off some weird stomach flutters later in the week and Saturday it manifested as queasiness and other things which did reduce the number of calories consumed that day. Sunday was a little bit in between. I still did not weigh myself this morning as is my habit after the weekend but I'm hoping the stomach upset at least gave me an advantage - ha ha!

I ended up buying some high protein Slim Fast shakes to have on hand. They are 180 cal per shake though which is more than I usually consume mid-day. I usually stick with around 100 calories of soup which is also hot and desirable on these cold days. But I want to experiment with higher protein mid-day to see how that affects me. But I am already missing my usual hot soup lunch and I haven't even had the shake yet!! Hm. I guess there is something to be said for being satisfied with what you are eating...

I've been trying to send this message for over an hour now so I'll just send it off. hello to everyone, glad to hear of success stories!!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #155
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good!

I'm on the computer so much during the day and evening (iPad mainly!) that I try to keep my weekends mostly computer free. I almost came on Saturday to vent. Then I reminded myself of some facts.

-I am a slow loser.
-Just because the Metal Monster didn't give the numbers I thought it should doesn't mean I'm off track. I quietly put the hammer back and no one was harmed.
-I've kept each DD to below 500 calories.
-I'm beginning my third week of JUDDD and considering my last attempts that's huge!
-Next week will be vacation and me remaining on JUDDD for these three weeks prior is an awesome practice run for between Thanksgiving and all that comes with the holidays. Which means after the holidays I can begin the new year fully committed to JUDDD. Which I'm also saying with slight reservation because I've gotten frustrated and left ... how many times?

Today is a DD which means coffees with cream, and probably that quesadilla thing for dinner again.

Have a great day!

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #156
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Portia- I dropped my DD cals and then started fasting with just water from dinner on the UD until the dinner on the DD (or as close as I could get). I think I needed to do the higher DD numbers to get my rotations really solid and then when I found I felt pretty strong, I tried to push myself a little. I noticed what some other folks on this thread and the boards were doing and started adding (subtracting) what I could handle.

Being more active and reading a lot on here is probably the best thing I've been doing. This thread really helped so thanks!
Thanks, QN. So pleased that the 24 h fast is working for you. What an accomplishment! Ain't this board the greatest place to get ideas and to hear what other folks are doing? I came here to keep focused--and stayed for the recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
So today counted calories - a total of 1991 ( 478 were sweets )! Goes to show me I need to count and not just take a guess at it for now!
I really want to start a thread where people can talk about whether or not they count their UD cals--and if not/so, why not/so? I think I notice that folks who are in maintenance or who maybe don't have much to lose (relatively speaking!) are more likely not to count--just eat "normally."

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana76179 View Post
Down 2.9 pounds the first week. How about you this week?
Yay! This is super news. Sooo happy for you. I don't use the scale these days (focusing on what it feels like to eat within my means [so to speak] and forging new habits), but I know from my clothes and the steady reappearance of certains bones that I continue to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Ah Monday. Monday Monday Monday. blah. My weekend was difficult for a few reasons - tension from work and personal led me to once again consume more on Friday than I wanted to. I think I may need to make Friday an UD. I did fast most of the day though so it was all later in the day. I had been fighting off some weird stomach flutters later in the week and Saturday it manifested as queasiness and other things which did reduce the number of calories consumed that day. Sunday was a little bit in between. I still did not weigh myself this morning as is my habit after the weekend but I'm hoping the stomach upset at least gave me an advantage - ha ha!

I ended up buying some high protein Slim Fast shakes to have on hand. They are 180 cal per shake though which is more than I usually consume mid-day. I usually stick with around 100 calories of soup which is also hot and desirable on these cold days. But I want to experiment with higher protein mid-day to see how that affects me. But I am already missing my usual hot soup lunch and I haven't even had the shake yet!! Hm. I guess there is something to be said for being satisfied with what you are eating...

I've been trying to send this message for over an hour now so I'll just send it off. hello to everyone, glad to hear of success stories!!!
Hey sistah! Glad your post got through! DD today? Hope you are feeling better. ... Yeah, I know what you mean about the protein shakes being high in Kcals. I had a few (they are filling) when I started my protein jag, but switched over to protein powder (whey) for both cost and cals. I also have a thing left over from childhood about liquid cals. I don't like 'em. I like to chew my cals. I don't drink so I don't have that issue.

And glad you mentioned soup! I think I'll go have a bowl! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
-I am a slow loser.
-Just because the Metal Monster didn't give the numbers I thought it should doesn't mean I'm off track. I quietly put the hammer back and no one was harmed.
-I've kept each DD to below 500 calories.
-I'm beginning my third week of JUDDD and considering my last attempts that's huge!
-Next week will be vacation and me remaining on JUDDD for these three weeks prior is an awesome practice run for between Thanksgiving and all that comes with the holidays. Which means after the holidays I can begin the new year fully committed to JUDDD. Which I'm also saying with slight reservation because I've gotten frustrated and left ... how many times?

Today is a DD which means coffees with cream, and probably that quesadilla thing for dinner again.

Have a great day!
Also on a DD today, vanilla. Somehow it's nice to know others in the virtual neighborhood are too. I haven't broken my fast yet, but am feeling hungry (in a good way), so probably will knock back a few celery sticks with ff sour cream dip. And dill pickles. I love my pickles! Salad and small omelet lined up for later. And a whey cookie to up my protein.

Yeah, next week -- I've been thinking about that too. REading your post reminds me that I've got to come up with a plan for T-Day to X-Day. That's the danger period for so many, isn't it? Whatever happens, let's push through to Next Thursday and agree to meet back up after the hols!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #157
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
My issue with life in general is that I eat when under stress!

But when dh was not well I could hardly eat anything! He was on a antibiotic that said:

No coffee.
No chocolate.
No alcohol.
No dairy.

So we both did not eat much for the 10 days!

Good for the waist is all I saw then!!

Now I have regained what was lost then! Not a good way to lose it!

Hope to be better at my weight and not gain this week!
Old 11-14-2017, 06:07 AM   #158
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 13

Tuesday, Nov 14

(Day 29 for some of us)

Countdown to T-Day

9 Days To Turkey!!!

Old 11-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #159
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

p0rtia, yes it is nice to know - and remember - that we are not the only ones navigating through a DD on here! As I don't share a whole lot of my personal life on the boards, I'll share after vacation what will (or made) the week different. I'll be looking forward to continuing my schedule to Christmas and beyond. (Dear Lord, please help me to keep this determination to stick with it come heck or high water! )

I ended up not eating the quesadilla thing, so my DD was just 150 calories, all through HWC with my coffees. I was looking forward to a big ole' buttery BPC when I got here to work and realized I'd not brought my butter to work.

When I first began JUDDD, I did count my UD calories. About five years ago I was once again frustrated with not losing. Someone suggested I count my UD calories just to see where I was at because I'd opted to quit counting them. So, I did and I was falling a few hundred calories short of them. I began tracking to make sure I was eating enough and I began losing. Then I had a hysterectomy and sadly thirty pounds came on seemingly overnight. Thus started my back and forth journey trying to get back on JUDDD since then. For now, I'm only tracking DD calories and mentally tracking UDs.

Scale still didn't cooperate after such a good DD, but I think - maybe possibly - I see a little difference in my nekkid shape. It's so hard for me to remember that I always lose a few pounds at the beginning of any plan and then it just hits a brick wall. Drives me nuts!

December Goals:
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #160
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The last few days, with DW being sick and then in the hospital have felt all types of messed up. Too little activity, UDs are too low, yesterday's DD went too high thanks to yogurt covered pretzels at 11:45pm, so I'm feeling generally out of control, but less about my eating and more about DW and life stuff.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #161
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry to hear DW is sick, Carly! Hope she's better soon!

I don't track UD calories, but I think I should. I'm eating and am full and satisfied, but I don't think I'm eating enough...yep...just calculated yesterdays and I had less than 1000c all day! I should be eating closer to 2000. Had to make myself eat yesterday, too. Very frustrating!

Old 11-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #162
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

I like to try to post personal responses to everyone but today I'm just checking in. Mostly for some level of stress relief... my stress level is through the roof. I was in a difficult meeting with my stomach loudly growling and my head going all spacey so I went straight to the cafeteria and got some chicken marsala. I'm still ok on calories for the day but not if I want to eat dinner . I may need to switch things around but we'll see. This is one nutty week and I have to stay on top of it and the diet has to be secondary. It won't be terrible- when I'm busy I don't think about food until my head gets all wonky on me.

One observation that I bring up all the time but it just bugs me- I actually feel thin-ish. I mean my belly feels/looks smaller, my clothes are fitting OK but the evil scale doesn't reflect where I FEEL it should be. Just so perplexing. I know we've all gone through it but every single time it will make me go "huh... weird."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:29 AM   #163
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Hi...I've been busy with life I guess. The weekend was full, but good. Then DH and I went to see the new Thor movie because the tickets are dirt cheap on Mondays (£4 instead of £12.95!!).
That also means I've had three UDs in a row. I haven't been having UUADs, but I've been eating more. I'm kinda surprised the gain hasn't been more than it is.
Today was ok at work. It's strange because I wasn't genuinely hungry today...but I wanted to procrastinate on a project, so I was thinking of what I could get to eat. I then just decided to make myself a cup of coffee and get on with it.
Tomorrow will have to be a MD or something. I need to flip my rotation because we're having neighbors over Saturday night for drinks and nibbles. I don't want more UDs. Yeesh.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #164
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My issue with life in general is that I eat when under stress!

But when dh was not well I could hardly eat anything! He was on a antibiotic that said:

No coffee.
No chocolate.
No alcohol.
No dairy.
That sounds like our JB jhmart :-D. It's working great for her. On a more serious note, I hope your DH is doing better.

Quote:

I ended up not eating the quesadilla thing, so my DD was just 150 calories, all through HWC with my coffees. I was looking forward to a big ole' buttery BPC when I got here to work and realized I'd not brought my butter to work.
So I'm not the only one who looks forward to certain preferred food items when in weight-loss mode? Let me ask you this (rather sheepishly)--am I the only one who feels seriously wounded if, after looking forward to something, I for whatever reason can't have it?

Quote:
When I first began JUDDD, I did count my UD calories. About five years ago I was once again frustrated with not losing. Someone suggested I count my UD calories just to see where I was at because I'd opted to quit counting them. So, I did and I was falling a few hundred calories short of them. I began tracking to make sure I was eating enough and I began losing.
I've heard a number of people report this. Blushing again, I admit that I wish I had this problem. I have learned to perch on a very, very careful UD number--high enough so I'm not hungry and low enough so I lose. This number is pretty much the JUDDD calculator number with "little or no" exercise. Which is telling, as I a lot of exercise most of the year.

I have to count if I'm in WLM. If I don't count, I go way over.

Quote:
Scale still didn't cooperate after such a good DD, but I think - maybe possibly - I see a little difference in my nekkid shape. It's so hard for me to remember that I always lose a few pounds at the beginning of any plan and then it just hits a brick wall. Drives me nuts!
Your brick wall is my brick wall. Which is one reason I don't get on the freaking scale. I'm doing everything I can possibly be doing right now--there's no other sane place to go. I am eating healthily, getting lots of protein, doing low carb, and doing EOD JUDDD. I feel great; I feel eerily thinner regularly. So I plod along and don't worry about what the scale might say.

The angst that comes with not losing as much as we think in our heads we should be losing based on our eating behaviors--or losing nothing at all--or gaining--is just not good for the soul. Our own special hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The last few days, with DW being sick and then in the hospital have felt all types of messed up. Too little activity, UDs are too low, yesterday's DD went too high thanks to yogurt covered pretzels at 11:45pm, so I'm feeling generally out of control, but less about my eating and more about DW and life stuff.

You know as well as I that it's nigh on impossible not to munch when stressed out. Must. Not. Beat. Up. Self. You are incredibly kind to come here with an update. Your support is, as always, awesome.

Hope DW is on the mend. (I love yogurt-covered pretzels.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
I don't track UD calories, but I think I should. I'm eating and am full and satisfied, but I don't think I'm eating enough...yep...just calculated yesterdays and I had less than 1000c all day! I should be eating closer to 2000. Had to make myself eat yesterday, too. Very frustrating!
Okay, you're all making me incredibly jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I like to try to post personal responses to everyone but today I'm just checking in. Mostly for some level of stress relief... my stress level is through the roof. I was in a difficult meeting with my stomach loudly growling and my head going all spacey so I went straight to the cafeteria and got some chicken marsala. I'm still ok on calories for the day but not if I want to eat dinner . I may need to switch things around but we'll see. This is one nutty week and I have to stay on top of it and the diet has to be secondary. It won't be terrible- when I'm busy I don't think about food until my head gets all wonky on me.

One observation that I bring up all the time but it just bugs me- I actually feel thin-ish. I mean my belly feels/looks smaller, my clothes are fitting OK but the evil scale doesn't reflect where I FEEL it should be. Just so perplexing. I know we've all gone through it but every single time it will make me go "huh... weird."
Thanks for stopping by, sistah! Hang in there! Y'know, despite my amazing cleverness (at least that's what I think!) in avoiding the scale, this week I admit I've been chomping at the bit because, even though my clothes are all loose, and my knee-bones clunk when I walk, it bugs me that my tape-measure measurements haven't budged at all. 30 days and nothing. It is too reminiscent of scale angst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Tomorrow will have to be a MD or something. I need to flip my rotation because we're having neighbors over Saturday night for drinks and nibbles. I don't want more UDs. Yeesh.
I am a loner by nature, but even I could kick myself when I start to resent getting invitations for lunches or drinks. I'm a big believer in not skipping social events because, calories/carbs, but man it's amazing the places our minds go when we're in WLM. I've come to the conclusion that the whole idea of Not Breaking a Diet, which was like my mantra for decades, was the wrong approach. Not one meal, not one day, I tell myself now: it's the long game that matters.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:24 PM   #165
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
since dh was not in the best of health i could not eat, just too up-tight, worried he would need me in the middle of the night and i would not hear him, so sleep i did not get, food was very little then and this went on for over 6 weeks, now he is getting better and there is a BUT to what is wrong with me now one word "constipation has set in big time for me! For all those weeks it was on and off now it is with me and I just cannot seem to get regular.

so much for my complaining!

any and all help would be more then appreciated
Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 AM   #166
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
I am a loner by nature, but even I could kick myself when I start to resent getting invitations for lunches or drinks. I'm a big believer in not skipping social events because, calories/carbs, but man it's amazing the places our minds go when we're in WLM. I've come to the conclusion that the whole idea of Not Breaking a Diet, which was like my mantra for decades, was the wrong approach. Not one meal, not one day, I tell myself now: it's the long game that matters.
Believe me, DH was hoping I'd postpone our social call. The neighbors are alright, but we're pretty fussy about being social. We took care of their cats last minute, so now we have drinks/nibbles once every two months. They have lots of kids, so I don't think they get out much. And I think it's a nice thing to do in principle. But yes, I get nervous about overeating for being social, especially because I'm successfully losing. At least with JUDDD I can deal with it.

Quote:
since dh was not in the best of health i could not eat, just too up-tight, worried he would need me in the middle of the night and i would not hear him, so sleep i did not get, food was very little then and this went on for over 6 weeks, now he is getting better and there is a BUT to what is wrong with me now one word "constipation has set in big time for me! For all those weeks it was on and off now it is with me and I just cannot seem to get regular.

Wish I had an answer to help, but I certainly suffer from this as well. I take magnesium citrate capsules, but I'm not sure they help. I eat mostly low carb, so I kinda figure I don't always need something to happen. IYKWIM.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:15 AM   #167
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
I take quite a bit of magnesium. What used to be enough, is suddenly not enough- something about the way I am eating/not eating now seems to need more magnesium.

The bathroom is always the way I can tell
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #168
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 14

Wednesday, Nov 15

(Day 30 for some of us)

Countdown to T-Day

8 Days To Turkey!!!

Old 11-15-2017, 06:05 AM   #169
Carly

Quote:

I find taking Magnesium every night when I go to bed helps to a certain degree. I also try to take psyllium husk daily but don't always remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Wish I had an answer to help, but I certainly suffer from this as well. I take magnesium citrate capsules, but I'm not sure they help. I eat mostly low carb, so I kinda figure I don't always need something to happen. IYKWIM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I take quite a bit of magnesium. What used to be enough, is suddenly not enough- something about the way I am eating/not eating now seems to need more magnesium.
Sounds like many of us are fans of magnesium.

I know my weigh-ins have been negatively affected, by irregularity recently and of course all the stress, which for me, results in general under-eating, but the scale seems to be rebelling. I should probably take a page from Portia's book and stop weighing daily, but I'm just not sure what is best right now- other than DW getting a clean bill of health and being d/c'ed from the hospital.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:05 AM   #170
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

So, following the turn the discussion has taken, ehem. My 2 cents: I take magnesium, psyllium, and docusate. Every. Day. And even that doesn't work if I have fewer than 40 grams of carbs a day. With this combo, I am happy. In previous low-carb lives, this wasn't a problem so I have concluded that age is a factor. For me, anyway.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:15 AM   #171
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Just popping in. Under tremendous stress, so not eating, which equals not losing. And, well, stress also exacerbates my depression and I just want to be alone.

To add to the current discussion, I did notice yesterday that I was having "problems" and that it had been several days since I've had anything decent going on. So, I did take something yesterday for it and I am awaiting the results. Perhaps I should look into taking magnesium.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:53 AM   #172
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

phoenix17 - It is an oddity to feel thin-ish or at least thinner, but the scale doesn't reflect that. Despite knowing all we know about the scale, there is a bit of frustration to not see those numbers move when we know we're sticking to the plan. I've been doing very well and last week my jeans felt looser. This week, they feel like before. I. Do. Not. Get. It.

kwerp - Even with three UDs I think you're proof of why JUDDD works so well. Many have reported going on vacation and not really sticking to their schedule, yet they gain no weight or just a couple of pounds which comes off easily again. That said, I certainly hope this holds true for me while on vacation next week!!

p0rtia - Good question about feeling seriously wounded upon not having a desired food. I think it depends on the reason why I couldn't have it. I do look forward to my full on BPC's on the morning of an UD since that's my breakfast. I was annoyed at myself for having forgotten it. So, I just had lots more HWC and coconut oil! lol I think it's highly ironic that I've had this weight issue for well over half my adult life, yet I can struggle with eating enough. I stayed off the scale for the last few months after eating pretty much keto and just ate good things for my body, aside from the occasional indulgence. After seeing your thread and getting back here, to my horror I'd gained thirteen pounds back "eating well". Maybe I should have tracked to make sure I was eating enough of the good stuff! I hate the scale, but I need it to show me I'm on the right track (and I like seeing the movement in my app). The conundrum is to try to not worry if the numbers don't move the way I think they should when sticking to my schedule. Exactly as you said!

I wish I had the benefits of magnesium of helping me sleep. I don't have issues going to the restroom as I think the fats I eat help immensely with that. It's sleep that eludes me most nights. A Tylenol PM helps me sleep, but I know it's not good for my liver to take even just a half of one every night. A sleep-aid works most of the time. Just began trying ZZZQuil and it's hit or miss. Melatonin helps for a night or two. It also doesn't help that whether I drink a lot of water or not, I have to go tinkle once a night at the very least, most nights twice.

It's a DD, so coffee with HWC throughout the day.

Hope everyone has a good day.

December Goals:

Old 11-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #173
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

we do share lots of personal stuff here don't we? ha ha!!
Leona - I have taken probiotics that sometimes help, and also - for me personally - eating sauerkraut helps- it is both fiber and probiotics! and if sauerkraut isn't your thing, try cabbage in general or some other high fiber veggies or some other fermentation product. Don't forget to drink plenty of fluid!!

Vanilla - yeah the scale is a confusing monster. Yesterday I had a super duper stressful day- just rotten. I ate a bigger lunch and last night I just ate. Not gorged but ate til full and even had wine so definitely UD calories. This morning, the scale was down 0.6 lbs so .

as for your sleep, the Tylenol PM I think has diphenhydramine HCl in it (Benadryl) so skip the Tylenol part, which is the liver damaging issue, and just have the Benadryl.

Handbells- you and me both with the stress. I feel for ya - hang in there and just get past the stressful part as best you can! I do the exact opposite when I'm stressed -eat. just take care of yourself.

Carly still keeping DW in my wishes and prayers- - the flu can be wicked. I hope she is getting some relief. At least in the hospital someone is watching over her.

Like I said above, the scale is weird. I did eat plenty yesterday, most definitely NOT sticking to my 8wbsd plan so this week I'll just shake it up a little. Since yesterday was a definite UD, I'm trying for a real DD today however since work is the problem I am not going to try to push the fasting thing past my usual skipping breakfast (so I average a minimum 16-18 hour fast every day). If I need to eat mid-day I'm going to drink that protein shake.I am wondering if the scale drop today was because yesterday I did eat plenty of protein. I'm just going to see what happens with this week and just be conscious of what I'm doing. I kind of failed the challenge not strictly eating... but life happens (in this case work happens!) so it is what it is. But I'm not throwing in the towel!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #174
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, phoenix! I know I will be stressed until at least next Wednesday. Keep telling myself to breathe. lol! Good luck to you with your stress!

Old 11-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #175
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Just popping in. Under tremendous stress, so not eating, which equals not losing. And, well, stress also exacerbates my depression and I just want to be alone.

To add to the current discussion, I did notice yesterday that I was having "problems" and that it had been several days since I've had anything decent going on. So, I did take something yesterday for it and I am awaiting the results. Perhaps I should look into taking magnesium.
Stress sucks. Hope you get the alone time you need.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #176
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

p0rtia - Good question about feeling seriously wounded upon not having a desired food. I think it depends on the reason why I couldn't have it. I do look forward to my full on BPC's on the morning of an UD since that's my breakfast. I was annoyed at myself for having forgotten it. So, I just had lots more HWC and coconut oil! lol I think it's highly ironic that I've had this weight issue for well over half my adult life, yet I can struggle with eating enough. I stayed off the scale for the last few months after eating pretty much keto and just ate good things for my body, aside from the occasional indulgence. After seeing your thread and getting back here, to my horror I'd gained thirteen pounds back "eating well". Maybe I should have tracked to make sure I was eating enough of the good stuff! I hate the scale, but I need it to show me I'm on the right track (and I like seeing the movement in my app). The conundrum is to try to not worry if the numbers don't move the way I think they should when sticking to my schedule. Exactly as you said!

It's a DD, so coffee with HWC throughout the day.
DD for me too. Will break my fast soon. Probably my beloved celery and sour cream dip. And broth! I have half a container open in the fridge! Was gonna have it Monday and then forgot.

Y'know, my dislike of the scale is the result of fifty years of horrible feelings--like blows to the face. I don't need the excitement of seeing the scale drop enough to risk the blow--and the eating that might follow. I know I've talked a lot about that, but even I believe that there is a place for the scale--and I plan to be on it regularly when I decide I've reached my sustainable maintenance range.

I'll be on it after the first of the year, too, because I want to closely track my progress as I see if I can make progress in losing the 20 lb I want to loose to get into my goal range. Tracking is good.

But not always. I strongly feel that I need the focus that not weighing allows me for times like this five-week pre-Holiday time, when I'm following a great program and have no desire to "switch it up" no matter what happens. I'm primarily working on my head; trying to develop better habits and engrain them. I can't do that if I'm bouncing around emotionally based on the freaking scale.

For me, I only want to be on a scale 1) when I'm in maintenance, to monitor, or 1) when I'm open to the idea of switching things up. Which, now that I think of it, are both the same thing.

Yes, it's awful to get on a scale after a few years and find yourself fifty, thirty, or seventy lb more than you thought you were. But darn it, but the act of getting on the scale in that situation, you're by definition open to the idea of taking WL action. Yes, it hurts (been there a million times, it seems), and yes, it's a necessary hurt. And yes, it is a common thing to think, in the absence of the scale, that you are either losing or maintaining when you are actually gaining. But I truly believe that this does not mean that the "scale hurt" is always good or necessary.

Been meaning to say that for a while. LOL Didn't think I'd be saying it here, today, but you inspire me, 'Nilla!
Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #177
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post

Okay, you're all making me incredibly jealous!
Don't be! lol! If I don't eat, I gain. And thank you!

Not doing too badly today. I'm sitting at just over 500c. Of course, I'm super full right now and don't even want to think about dinner. I know I will be hungry later, but as of right now, I have no clue what I'll have. The obvious choice for me would be a green smoothie (love those things!), but they only come in at about 100c or so. 200 if I add in chia. Plus, DS15 has scouts (OA) tonight and I'll be going by the store to pick up some things. Ugh. Just don't know!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #178
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

I was very diligent about my calories today and managed to get up to 1128. I did buy a Resee's tree, but I'm not sure I want to eat it. I've been really good about staying refined sugar free (and really mostly sugar free). It's on the back burner for right now.

Today's eats:

B-strawberry almond milk yogurt and a small piece of the almond based bread I made for my stuffing
L-4 salmon patties cooked in coconut oil eaten with a sauce
D-(I was out running around) cashews and then, when I got home, I made a green mint smoothie (spinach, cashew milk, a touch of agave, and a handful of fresh mint). I didn't add the chia because they are a mood booster for me and give me a lot of energy. I'm ready for bed! lol!
S-a piece of roasted garlic cheese. It's been a long time since I've had cheese...it was okay. Would probably be amazing in scrambled eggs.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:17 AM   #179
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 15

Thursday, Nov 16

(Day 32 for some of us)

We're in the Home Stretch

7 Days To Turkey!!!

Old 11-16-2017, 06:42 AM   #180
Carly

Technically- I'll need to switch my rotation, since today is an UD, which means Thanksgiving will be DD, but if DW is still in the hospital there won't even be a Thanksgiving, so it might be moot. I will just carry on for now.