Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #121
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Kwerp- Who am I? I love that. Good job.

I am at 19.5 hours on my first ever 24 hour water fast. I feel pretty good, I'm playing with the idea of just breaking my fast tonight with tea w/cream and cucumbers with dressing. If I do that it will be my first ever on purpose 24 hour water fast, but also my lowest ever calorie DD.

There is a part of me contemplating just having the tea and seeing if I can go to sleep and keep the fast going unitl the next morning just to see if I can do it.

I'm kind of amazed. I remember when I first started JUDDD, the idea of a 500 calorie day seemed IMPOSSIBLE. Now I'm contemplating an actual fast of more than 24 hours, and I have learned so much about my body and hunger and my own thinking. I'm not even worried that I can't make it until the 24 hour mark.

As Kwerp says- Who am I???

I'll keep you all posted.
Woot!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #122
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
QN, that's wonderful. We are all brainwashed by the 'snacking society' into believing that we need to stay constantly full. So very wrong. Our bodies enjoy a rest from food.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #123
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
Kwerp- Who am I? I love that. Good job.

I am at 19.5 hours on my first ever 24 hour water fast. I feel pretty good, I'm playing with the idea of just breaking my fast tonight with tea w/cream and cucumbers with dressing. If I do that it will be my first ever on purpose 24 hour water fast, but also my lowest ever calorie DD.

There is a part of me contemplating just having the tea and seeing if I can go to sleep and keep the fast going unitl the next morning just to see if I can do it.

I'm kind of amazed. I remember when I first started JUDDD, the idea of a 500 calorie day seemed IMPOSSIBLE. Now I'm contemplating an actual fast of more than 24 hours, and I have learned so much about my body and hunger and my own thinking. I'm not even worried that I can't make it until the 24 hour mark.

As Kwerp says- Who am I???

I'll keep you all posted.
Amazing job QN.

It is weird how you can get used to these things. Today I was feeling hunger, but it wasn't a good time to stop and try to grab a snack while I was rushing about at work. I remembered Kissa's tagline: embrace a little hunger, it's a sign of healing, and just went with it. The hunger passed.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #124
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
That's awesome, QN!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:40 AM   #125
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 9

Friday, Nov 10

(Day 26 for some of us)

Come on in from the cold!

The bullet-proof coffee is brewing

and we're ready to talk turkey!

Old 11-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #126
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Had a good UD yesterday, but I woke up *hungry*! I haven't eaten anything yet, but I'll probably have some sunflower seeds before I go to the grocery store. Going out for dinner tonight, probably a Chinese buffet which will be fine. I can get vegetables.

I have not done well with my challenge of moving at least three times a week. I haven't even managed once. lol! Perhaps I should start with moving once a week and work my way up? hahahaha

Off to get the rest of the kids off to school and go to the grocery stores. Hope you are all doing wonderfully and have an awesome day!

Old 11-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #127
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Today is an UD. Tempted to mess with it to try to manipulate the scale.

But I won't.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:36 AM   #128
annabanana76179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
What is ?
8wbsd and ADF (I need an acronym dictionary)
Thank you!

***Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty-they merely move it from their faces to their
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:57 AM   #129
annabanana76179
Junior LCF Member

I have so many questions. Can you do a MD during induction? I’m not sure if this helps but.. I stick to the same meals for each down day each week and then maybe change it up the next week. I think it helps to not have to think about what you’re going to eat that day. Also, where MC Eiht satisfies me so much. On my DD, I have two pieces of flaxseed bread with 2 ounces of lean meat for breakfast, homemade vegetable soup with a lettuce and tomato salad topped with skinny girl honey Dijon salad dressing for lunch and grill chicken breast With a lettuce and tomato salad topped with any des with a lettuce and tomato salad topped with skinny girl honey Dijon salad dressing and a tablespoon of sunflower seeds for dinner. One other thing I’ve noticed is that during my lunch workouts following a DD, I have less energy than my lunch workouts following a UD. Anyone experience this energy situation?

***Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty-they merely move it from their faces to their
Old 11-10-2017, 06:59 AM   #130
annabanana76179
Junior LCF Member

My voice text really messed up that last post. Pardon!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #131
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
And I thought you were doing 8WBSD during the week...
I am! Or at least trying that is. The piece of naan and hand full of pretzels were the only carbs I had all (that) day. hummus 5g carbs, naan (1 small piece) 6 g, but the pretzels were 23g so I was still under 50g carbs for the day. I know the idea is to avoid the white bread but the way I understand the mediterranean style diet, it is moderate carbs, not NO carbs. I didn't have any veggies to scoop my hummus with.

Of course that does not account for giving in to the muffin bites and 1/3 bagel the other day. but the calories were still low. I ended the day with a frozen meal, less than 200 cal and low carb (sriracha beef- quite tasty!).

Scale was down another 0.8 today so its moving in the right direction. I started with a raging headache behind my eyes last night, which quickly morphed in to a tension headache. I woke up this morning with my back in a spasm. I know this is stress and tension. Just have to finish my week in a good way with the food choices.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #132
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
annabanana, a MD during induction probably is not going to get the SIRT gene going. If you can't stick to what the calculator says is your DD numbers, it's okay to stick to 500 calories on a DD. I'm a routine eater, too, so I have the same things on DDs. It might change over time, but knowing what I'm going to eat on each DD is very helpful. I don't really workout any more, but I don't recall feeling any different no matter which day I exercised. It might be what you're eating or maybe not getting most of your UD calories in? It seems to be an individual thing if one needs to eat up to the UD calories. In the past I did or I wouldn't lose. You may need to eat all your UD calories and see if it helps.

DD today. What's on the menu:

-three cups of coffee w/HWC
-lc tortilla, pepperjack cheese, pepperoni fixed quesadilla style

That's about all I got today. The boss is on vacation, which means I'M on vacation Y'all have a good weekend!

December Goals:
-Sticking to NOT STRESSING if my schedule goes haywire. Which I seem to be doing well at both.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #133
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

When my back spasms from stress, I always up my magnesium. Sometimes it helps. I love magnesium. Magnesium and I got a thang goin' on

Feel better, Phoenix.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #134
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana76179 View Post
I have so many questions. Can you do a MD during induction? I’m not sure if this helps but.. I stick to the same meals for each down day each week and then maybe change it up the next week. I think it helps to not have to think about what you’re going to eat that day. Also, where MC Eiht satisfies me so much. On my DD, I have two pieces of flaxseed bread with 2 ounces of lean meat for breakfast, homemade vegetable soup with a lettuce and tomato salad topped with skinny girl honey Dijon salad dressing for lunch and grill chicken breast With a lettuce and tomato salad topped with any des with a lettuce and tomato salad topped with skinny girl honey Dijon salad dressing and a tablespoon of sunflower seeds for dinner. One other thing I’ve noticed is that during my lunch workouts following a DD, I have less energy than my lunch workouts following a UD. Anyone experience this energy situation?
It would be best to avoid a MD during induction if possible.

I have better energy to work out in a fasted state. I was going to the gym almost daily back in 2014 and 2015 and definitely had my best workouts after fasting or near-fasting for 20+ hours.

I get sluggish after I eat, even if it's a small amount of yogurt.

Phenoix- hope your tension is easing up- feel better.

QN- You are rocking this girl!!!!!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #135
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I am! Or at least trying that is. The piece of naan and hand full of pretzels were the only carbs I had all (that) day. hummus 5g carbs, naan (1 small piece) 6 g, but the pretzels were 23g so I was still under 50g carbs for the day. I know the idea is to avoid the white bread but the way I understand the mediterranean style diet, it is moderate carbs, not NO carbs. I didn't have any veggies to scoop my hummus with.

Of course that does not account for giving in to the muffin bites and 1/3 bagel the other day. but the calories were still low. I ended the day with a frozen meal, less than 200 cal and low carb (sriracha beef- quite tasty!).

Scale was down another 0.8 today so its moving in the right direction. I started with a raging headache behind my eyes last night, which quickly morphed in to a tension headache. I woke up this morning with my back in a spasm. I know this is stress and tension. Just have to finish my week in a good way with the food choices.
Just joking, we all do it! I do fine until cheese comes out, then no amount of celery does for me. I eat crackers.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:18 AM   #136
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 10

Saturday, Nov 11

(Day 27 for some of us)

Old 11-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #137
Carly

Yay! It's Saturday. I have a massive list of errands, but at least I got to sleep until 7:30am.

Last night I feel asleep again without having dinner, but at 6:30pm I has a chicken wing and some pasta, so will try to carry on with a DD today, since I want next week's DDs to be MWF during the week, so I won't be so confused

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:27 AM   #138
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, Lowcarb world! Today is a DD and I am going to do another 24 hour fast and break fast with a DD "meal". I am 15.5 hours in and slept through most of it Fasting felt pretty good last time and not eating or worrying about food all day was cool so trying again. Interesting thing, the bounce was not there on my UD so hoping for a slight down after today's DD.

Have a great day, folks!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #139
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Have a great fast, QN! I quite envy your ability to fast. My body rebels when I don't eat and I gain weight.

So much to do today! Trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. Hoping the living room will get done this weekend, along with the painting. Fingers crossed! DD17 has a drama club event that I need to take her to (and make cupcakes for) and I need to finish up some grocery shopping. Then I have an event tonight. Tomorrow I teach Sunday School.

UD today and I'm currently enjoying a green smoothie (though mine is brown because it has cocoa powder in it ) while the cupcakes are in the oven. Not sure what else is on the menu today. I did get some brussel sprouts to roast, just not entirely sure what I'm going to make to go along with them!

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by handbells; 11-11-2017 at 07:52 AM..
Old 11-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #140
sloppail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 162/130
WOE: JUDDD LC Maintainance
Hi everyone! My daughter is home from college this weekend so I am enjoying time w her, she goes back tomorrow She is only 3 hours away by car but I am so glad when I get to see her ...today will be a quiet day at home, maybe do some baking One of those rare weekends when my son has no sports stuff on!! Still maintaining....had a lot of food yesterday (lots of LC things) but I didn't see a scale spike this morning.

Have a great day

If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #141
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3

Ending my 2nd week back to getting my appetite accustomed to 400 calorie DDs again, and positively motivated to see my weight down 5 lbs. Even if it’s mostly water weight, I do feel a lot less bloated in the belly.

Have a great weekend!

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #142
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your daughter time, Kim!

That's awesome, Ann!

Old 11-12-2017, 04:33 AM   #143
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 11

Sunday, Nov 12

(Day 28 for some of us)

Old 11-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #144
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

One pound down, NEW LOW!! Whohooo!

And today is an UD, I get to eat!

Thanks for listening.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:20 AM   #145
Carly

Quote:

Thanks for listening.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #146
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
I'm still here with you all!!! Been a rather difficult 5 weeks here at home. Weight has been up and down some, really like the way I look at under 110!

Have a super week everyone!
Old 11-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #147
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

WTGm QN!!!!

Leona! Hope things improve for you!

Old 11-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #148
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thanks for listening.

Yay! So tell us what you think is working for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I'm still here with you all!!! Been a rather difficult 5 weeks here at home. Weight has been up and down some, really like the way I look at under 110!

Have a super week everyone!
Thanks, leona! Hope things are going better for you. Nice to see you holding steady on the Weigh-in Thread.

Me: The oddest thing has been happening lately. Now that I'm eating substantial lunches (600-800 kcals), I'm not actually hungry again till around 6 or 7. Not being hungry is a delightful aid to weigh loss mode. Lordy I hope this continues. #nosnacks! ... Feeling super after 28 days of strict EOD 1700/450 (I was doing 1800 but forgot). Minus the two day holiday last week! Losing in my thighs, hips and shoulders. My bones are long-lost strangers....
Old 11-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #149
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Portia- I dropped my DD cals and then started fasting with just water from dinner on the UD until the dinner on the DD (or as close as I could get). I think I needed to do the higher DD numbers to get my rotations really solid and then when I found I felt pretty strong, I tried to push myself a little. I noticed what some other folks on this thread and the boards were doing and started adding (subtracting) what I could handle.

Being more active and reading a lot on here is probably the best thing I've been doing. This thread really helped so thanks!
Old 11-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #150
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
So today counted calories - a total of 1991 ( 478 were sweets )! Goes to show me I need to count and not just take a guess at it for now!

Will hope for the best in the days to come!