Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 AM   #91
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Hello all! I知 creeping back in and climbing back onto the wagon with my head down. I知 up over 40 and think maybe I知 ready to stop gaining. I know I知 ready. I need to be healthy. I知 going low carb for a bit then hopefully getting back into rotations without too much trouble I知 ready to lose over the holidays.
One day at a time!
Hi Leanne! I came back too. I see a trend with JUDDD...people try it, they might stray, but ultimately come back. I think I've come back about 7-8 times now.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 AM   #92
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Day 7

Wednesday, Nov 8

(Day 24 for some of us)

Come on in from the cold!

The bullet-proof coffee is brewing

and we're ready to talk turkey!

Old 11-08-2017, 05:06 AM   #93
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all! I知 creeping back in and climbing back onto the wagon with my head down. I知 up over 40 and think maybe I知 ready to stop gaining. I know I知 ready. I need to be healthy. I知 going low carb for a bit then hopefully getting back into rotations without too much trouble I知 ready to lose over the holidays.
One day at a time!
Sistah! So glad to see you again Love the idea of having your knowledge and spirit around. Now the holidays will be even more special here on the boards!

Old 11-08-2017, 05:58 AM   #94
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome back, Leanne!

TOM is getting ready to clear out, so hoping to see some losses. I usually lose best 10 days after TOM and then slowly for a week and then no loss until next TOM passes, but with my crazy schedule, there is just no way to really judge time frames. Oh, the joys of PCOS.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 AM   #95
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
back Leanne!

OK, DD today. Lots of work tasks, housework tasks and getting DS ready for his Talent Show event today (plus getting myself ready too). Sigh Time to caffeinate.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #96
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Back from a hectic couple of days -- I work as an election inspector (as they call it in NY--poll worker for the rest of the world) so yesterday I was up at 4 and out the door. Still recovering today.

Wanted to report that on Monday at about 10 AM I was hit with wild, insatiable hunger. I went with it for a while, then had a nice meal. No use. Wave after wave of eat eat eat. I decided to go with it and expanded my meals (it was a 1700 cal UD) and had a nice spell of festival eating (yum). Yesterday, at the polls, I was once again just freaking starving. It was supposed to be a DD, but I blew that off too. Quite enjoyed that too!

Today the hunger is gone, and I'm back to normal--UD, which I might have changed to a DD, except I have a breakfast meeting Friday, so that needs to be an UD. So I've had a little island of partying in the midst of my pre-holiday stringency. Back to weight-loss mode!

I'm not someone who needs to know "why," but I think the time change si largely the cause. I've been awake by four every morning (including today) since Sunday. I feel great, but my schedule is way out of whack.

Put on my Sunday Go-To-Meeting Duds yesterday for the first time since I got back from Tuscany. Man were they loose!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:40 AM   #97
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
When I hear about bean-based desserts it makes me think of those Chinese New Year's bean cakes which are one of my favorite things ever.
OMG. Serious yum! This is what I buy whenever I am lucky enough to find myself in any Chinatown anywhere in the world.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #98
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Wish me luck tomorrow. It's a DD with a doozy of a work load. It's probably going to be one of those 9am-9pm-ish kinda days with juggling 4-5 things throughout. While I'll be busy, the physical fatigue is what gets me. I usually return home and eat a lot of food. I'm hoping to keep steady with coffee, hot tea, and hopefully a well planned meal when I get home. Maybe some scrambled eggs with cheese. We shall see.
How's it going, kwerp? Assuming you have time to check in on your busy day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana76179 View Post
Here goes Want to lose 15 pounds and do it by JUDDDing.
Welcome! Sooo glad to have you aboard, and good luck!

Old 11-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #99
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Good Morning!

Welcome back, Leanne!

WooT for loose clothing, p0rtia!

Good luck today, Bluebelle! You can do it!

My scale finally showed downward movement again this morning. Perhaps, like Carly, tom was messing with me. DD17 missed her bus this morning (it came super early), so I took her to school and ran a few errands. Bought myself a new to me jacket. It's reversible...one side is a red, blue, green plaid and the other is a dark green rain coat material. It looks brand new and I paid $4. Oh! And it was an XL and I wasn't sure it would fit because even at my lowest weight, I have to wear at least a large on top because I have very broad shoulders (swimmer), but it fits wonderfully and even zips!

DD today. I am trying to hold off on eating for awhile. I'm hungry, but not overly yet. It is grey, rainy, and cold today. I need to do some housekeeping, laundry, make cookies, and maybe work on some Christmas gifts. Hard to believe Thanksgiving is two weeks from tomorrow!

Have a great day (and sorry for the ramble!)

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #100
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
quietnite - Exactly!!! I've read the book and listen to Jimmy and Dr. Fung's podcast (which sadly just ended) and I have keeping my insulin response low always in the back of my mind. I push back eating anything on a DD until dinner and just have coffee throughout the day with a T of HWC in each. Total win when it all still comes in at 500 or below.

phoenix17 - I'm prone to switching up things, too. I just have to remember that JUDDD basically does help me to switch things up by eating high one day, low the next! And YES on chocolate!!

kwerp - Good luck with your day today!

annabanana - Welcome to the challenge!

Bluebelle - Agreed if the DD turns into a little MD. Don't forget the calculator lets us up the weight loss percentage so that even if it's up to 45% that's still a good day.

handbells - Love Katie's site even if it's not totally low carb . Thank you, I'll have to try that recipe one of these days. Yay on the scales going down.

Leanne - Welcome back! You've been a success, so you can do it again! I've returned again thanks to seeing this thread.

p0rtia - Yay for loose clothing!

Today is a DD for me and I'm doing my usual. I've already had a coffee with cream, so water fasting is out. It's finally cool today so I'm thinking maybe Blueberry Tea with a little blob of butter for lunch, more coffee later then whatever is affordable for dinner. Lately it's been a low carb tortilla, slice of pepperjack cheese with a few pepperoni slices, all fixed quesadilla style. I should put that in the DD recipe thread.

Have a great day everyone!

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #101
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all!
Leanne- nice to see ya!

Anna welcome to the chat!

handbells- too funny and coincidental but it was by random recipe browsing that I was on chocolate covered Katie and saw that brownie recipe! And for a $4 find that fits well!

pOrtia- I'm with you, when that crazy gnawing insatiable hunger hits, I think its my body saying its missing something essential and its time to feed. You are always so busy. When do you head back to FL? seems like you just got back! or maybe it was all the traveling you did this year. And Wahoo on the loose clothes!!

Hello to everyone else I didn't personally address!

So I had yet another switch up with the plan yesterday but it actually worked in my favor. The BFs kids ended up eating with their Mom so the planned dinner stayed in the fridge and BF had made some corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot for himself (kids are not fans) I had a bit of that. According to the calorie tracker it was only about 400 calories so I came out actually UNDER where I planned. The scale was kind this morning.
The week of Thanksgiving is just going to have to be an off week for me, at least that 2nd half. My plans switched up there too and I'll end up at Mom's on Wednesday, stay thru Thursday, and then I have my own turkey to cook up over the weekend (it was already ordered from the farm stand) so I'll try to keep it in control but ya know, I'm not going to stress over it. This is also the first holidays in a long time that kids are part of my life so I plan to do the cookie thing too and otherwise just enjoy it. It might be that I play around with UD/DD coupled with the general 8wbsd plan when I have to but as long as I stay on top of it, I'm not going to stress. REMIND ME I SAID THAT ha ha!

The plan today: the usual soup for lunch (200 cal or less), and leftover beef tenderloin filet with cabbage for dinner.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #102
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
This is also the first holidays in a long time that kids are part of my life so I plan to do the cookie thing too and otherwise just enjoy it ... I'm not going to stress ... REMIND ME I SAID THAT ha ha
That's the key right there! I mean, why else do festive days exist? We should really enjoy them. It's on the other 50 weeks of the year that we have no excuse for not staying on plan

And I will definitely remind you you said that!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #103
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I haven't died, just super busy. I loved reading the thread and it's great to welcome Anna and have Leanne back with us.

Maintaining well here. I love Jason Fung and do quite a lot of fasting, not necessarily ADF but when it feels right because of my schedule. And if I want to stop fasting at any time, I do.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #104
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Hi! I'm doing ok. Just reading a few threads before getting back to work. Another 4 hours to go. Hopefully I'll see a drop for all my effort...
Old 11-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #105
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
[B]Kissa[B]I was wondering where you were, glad to see you back. You were missed.

I kind of imagine all the returnees trying to quietly enter the party and eveyone else on the thread screaming "your're back! Yeah!" and doing a hug, jumping up and down thing.

It feels like that's what would happen if we were all in the same room.

Last edited by quietnite; 11-08-2017 at 03:35 PM..
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #106
Carly

This darkness is kicking my butt paired with a very busy time at work and sudden cold weather. I bailed on a friend for tonight, because I知 just so exhausted- I can feel it in my bones. I値l catch up with her on Friday evening.

I had been doing 4:3 for a long while, so since this week my DDs are Tuesday and Thursday I have had no idea what day of the week is it or if I知 coming or going...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #107
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I kind of imagine all the returnees trying to quietly enter the party and eveyone else on the thread screaming "your're back! Yeah!" and doing a hug, jumping up and down thing.

It feels like that's what would happen if we were all in the same room.
I've never been a consistent JUDDD member, but I've tried several times. Despite my deficiencies, every time I've 'come back to the hearth' as it were, I've always been welcome. I think this group is one of the most active, most successful, and most welcoming of all the LCF groups on the forum.

Carly, I'm sorry you're so drained. I hope things pick up for you.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #108
Carly

Thanks Kwerp.

QN- Yup- that's what it would be like. Hugs and jumping

Old 11-08-2017, 08:07 PM   #109
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/170/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto./ Atkins
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Wow thank you all so much for the open welcoming arms! It really does make me feel better.
At this point I’m just kicking the carbs and alcohol. I have a lunch and a dinner engagement tomorrow that I cannot cancel so I would like Friday to be my first DD.

My calorie counts have still been to high but the water is coming off and my liver has got to be at least a little happier.

It’s late and I’m tired but I love reading about how everyone is doing.
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:07 AM   #110
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Well, yesterday my DD did turn into a MD - and it was probably a good thing. Watching 30+ rather untalented children perform in a Talent Show in a too-warm auditorium for almost 3 hours, after I'd already been working all day? Yup - probably would've passed out if I had stuck to a DD. We also took DS out to dinner afterwards.

I am not going to fret about this. Today is an UD, and this week my tally will be 2 DDs, not 3. It is what it is.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #111
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 8

Thursday, Nov 9

(Day 25 for some of us)

Come on in from the cold!

The bullet-proof coffee is brewing

and we're ready to talk turkey!

Old 11-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #112
Carly

Yesterday was up day, so when DW picked me up the train station we ran some errands and picked up chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. I ate 1 wing and 1 mozzarella stick around 6:30pm and planned to eat more at 9pm. I feel asleep at 7:30pm I said I was really tired. I woke up around 10:45pm, but just had a few spoonfuls of Halo Top. It wasn't an UD, but I'm going to carry on with my DD today.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #113
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Well, yesterday my DD did turn into a MD - and it was probably a good thing. Watching 30+ rather untalented children perform in a Talent Show in a too-warm auditorium for almost 3 hours, after I'd already been working all day? Yup - probably would've passed out if I had stuck to a DD. We also took DS out to dinner afterwards.

I am not going to fret about this. Today is an UD, and this week my tally will be 2 DDs, not 3. It is what it is.
Ha Bluebelle- I think you did pretty good keeping it a MD!

My yesterday was probably a bit over but I'm not sure. My lunch was just soup so in control but for dinner I was working at home and I started to graze so I just made up a plate with hummus, olives, sun dried tomatoes, a bit of naan and pretzels so I let myself graze on that while working. If my counts were accurate then I was low but then as I was cleaning out the fridge (garbage day) I came across some apples I had sauteed so I ate them . If I was over it wasn't by too much and it was good food.

oops just realized I have a meeting in 3 minutes. geesh.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #114
sloppail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 162/130
WOE: JUDDD LC Maintainance
Hi Leanne!! Glad to see you are back as I wondered about you many times You've done it before and you can do it again

Still maintaining with 5:2...actually I'm losing little bits here and there and now I'm the lowest I've been in years Feels great! Glad to be part of this group! A big hi to everyone!!

If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #115
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
phoenix17 - We'll be on vacation the week of Thanksgiving and like you, I'm going to try not to stress about not being perfectly on plan. Agree with Bluebelle. I'm using these short challenges as a way to get back into being a true JUDDDer again amidst the holidays and am hoping and praying that when the new year starts I'll have JUDDD ingrained in my brain and a part of my life. It has been before, so I know it can be again.

quietnite - Yes, love the returnees/party analogy! And agree with kwerp. Always feel welcome when sheepishly returning yet again. It always feels like home here.

Hi, sloppail! Your user name makes me giggle every time.

Thought I'd share what I've heard on Jimmy Moore's podcasts about fasting. During a fast or DD, if you're not afraid of salt (medical issues notwithstanding), take some and put it under your tongue and let it dissovle. Amounts vary from 1/4 tsp. up to a tsp. I use pink salt and it does seem to do ... something. If you're low carb or keto, getting rid of the salt fear is akin to getting rid of the fat fear. Some throw a little bit into their water as they drink throughout the day. I think it helps with electrolytes or something.

Had another good DD yesterday. Came in at just under 500 calories. The bounce is almost gone, but not enough to be able to change my ticker. But, I'm so happy that since beginning the challenge, I've done five good under "budget" DDs.

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #116
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I haven't died, just super busy. I loved reading the thread and it's great to welcome Anna and have Leanne back with us.

Maintaining well here. I love Jason Fung and do quite a lot of fasting, not necessarily ADF but when it feels right because of my schedule. And if I want to stop fasting at any time, I do.
Nice to see you pop up. :-D I'm glad to know you're a fan of fasting (as you know, I am too). I've been reading a lot of Fung over the past month. Always good to hear others' experiences and approaches. Glad to know that you can confidently stop doing something for whatever reason without the guilt. I'm working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Hi! I'm doing ok. Just reading a few threads before getting back to work. Another 4 hours to go. Hopefully I'll see a drop for all my effort...
Sounds like you were able to stay on plan. Happy-making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I love it too. I'm a few months short of completing my second year posting here, so I'm getting to the stage where I see people who've been away a bit pop up again. Adds to the sense of stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I had been doing 4:3 for a long while, so since this week my DDs are Tuesday and Thursday I have had no idea what day of the week is it or if I知 coming or going...
Meee 2. Funny, actually. And not as weird as I thought it would be to be on a two-week cycle.

Quote:
Wow thank you all so much for the open welcoming arms! It really does make me feel better.
At this point I知 just kicking the carbs and alcohol. I have a lunch and a dinner engagement tomorrow that I cannot cancel so I would like Friday to be my first DD.
You better stick around, too! Whatever happens. We need you!

Quote:

I love this. Today's theme seems to be doing one's best even when things don't go as planned. As a major planner, this is important to me. Big picture. Big picture.

Me: Glad to be back on pre-hOliday plan after my ? What is that? How could I have been so crazy hungry for a couple of days out of the blue? I said I thought it was the time change, but in retrospect I'm not so sure. In fact, this happens to me with regularity. As if it's menopausal TOM. Though I often get crazy hungry when the weather turns cold (which it really has). Dunno. Don't need to know. Just glad it's gone today, and confident that it won't be back very soon and that I'll cope when it does.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #117
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
a bit of naan and pretzels so I let myself graze on that while working.
And I thought you were doing 8WBSD during the week...

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #118
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ya'll. Just checking in. Yesterday went pretty well. I probably had 800-900 cals, so it wasn't perfect, but it was good enough. Down another 0.8lb this morning. I think all my days are turning into OMAD, some days higher, some days lower.

Today is an UD, but my appetite isn't really there. There were left over chocolate chip cookies from a meeting, and since it was an UD, and noon, and I hadn't eaten anything...I took one. It was dry. It wasn't very rewarding. I had about half and threw it away. WHO AM I??

Got on with the rest of my day. Just had some scrambled eggs with cheese. Normally I just graze, but instead I'm updating here. I don't feel hungry, so I'm not going to eat just because.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #119
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3
As much as I hate to admit it, having lower carbs on UDs does help me control my hunger better on DDs. I'm hoping this is only necessary for me temporarily during the first few week transition phase, and not long term. Time will tell...
in the meantime I'm taking it one day at a time.

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #120
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Kwerp- Who am I? I love that. Good job.

I am at 19.5 hours on my first ever 24 hour water fast. I feel pretty good, I'm playing with the idea of just breaking my fast tonight with tea w/cream and cucumbers with dressing. If I do that it will be my first ever on purpose 24 hour water fast, but also my lowest ever calorie DD.

There is a part of me contemplating just having the tea and seeing if I can go to sleep and keep the fast going unitl the next morning just to see if I can do it.

I'm kind of amazed. I remember when I first started JUDDD, the idea of a 500 calorie day seemed IMPOSSIBLE. Now I'm contemplating an actual fast of more than 24 hours, and I have learned so much about my body and hunger and my own thinking. I'm not even worried that I can't make it until the 24 hour mark.

As Kwerp says- Who am I???

I'll keep you all posted.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote