Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2017, 06:04 AM   #61
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Good Morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Again I am resonating with your eating choices (cauli excluded). I ADORE black been chocolate anything. Especially brownies.

Big fan of veggie burgers too.
I made some white bean burgers last week that tasted like falafel. They were tasty I'm making peppermint black bean brownies today

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Yeah, for scale movement, Handbells!
Thank you! Unfortunately I was up today. lol! The dreaded bounce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Two weekend UDs done, now today is DD Monday.

Unfortunately was stupid yesterday and had coffee (I had been off it for over a month) while out with DH in the afternoon, specifically an affogato (which I suspect was made with espresso), subsequently completely wrecking my stomach last night. Ugh! On the other hand, it'll probably make it easier to DD today.
Sorry you're having stomach issues! Yuck!

Hope everyone has a great day!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2017, 06:59 AM   #62
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
When coming off 4:3 going back to EOD, I'm always amazed how easy weekend DDs are. I think it's 2 fold for me. I sleep later, therefore longer on weekends, so I'm not up starting at 4am and at my desk before 7am and I'm usually less active on the weekends, so I think those 2 things make it so that I have almost zero hunger until 8:30pm or 9pm. Those are the only factors that I can think of, but it's really noticeable how much easier the evening is.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:41 AM   #63
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I'm a science fiction girl. Down to the bone. Total nerd.
That's me completely. Total geek girl.

handbells/pOrtia, what is the reason for black bean brownies? by this I mean what does it replace? does it reduce calories? just increase protein?

SlimNana- pizza & wine <----- my diet kryptonite.

Bluebelle- sorry your tummy hurts but boy I love affogato! and yes I'm pretty sure that is espresso also.

My weekend was probably more calories than it should have been but I also had in a few longer fasting periods (varying from 14-22 hours) so it was a little unusual. My meals tended to be bulked together - BF eats late in the day but I usually can't wait that long so I end up having something smaller earlier, then eating another smaller portion with him on the days we see each other. I definitely need to get in better control than that. Relationships can be a real bummer for a dieting woe!!
I was also ridiculously tired for most of the weekend. I hate it when I go through this, it seems to be sporadic but hits me a few times a year it seems that I have a week or so of just crazy bone tiredness. I think it tends to coincide with big changes in daylight or weather.

I'm feeling a little discouraged today- I know I should not get on the evil scale after a weekend of not counting but I did and it was disappointing. I am trying to remember how I was so successful earlier this year. What was I doing differently? (besides not dating...). ARGH!

off I go.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #64
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Phenoix- this time of year messes with me for sure. Besides adjusting to the fact that it is dark before 5pm I think it's harder to lose in the late fall and winter and my PCP confirmed this a couple years ago. She said our bodies are designed to hold onto weight as the weather gets colds and is more open to releasing it as the weather warms.

If you live in a moderate/ warm climate all year, then I have no idea if this seasonal weight fluctuation would come into play.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #65
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Carly - If only we knew the answers to our weight woes, right? Well, you've pretty much defeated your woes but still. Hope you find answers soon.

Books. The only ones I've been reading lately are Jimmy Moore books and Jason Fung books. But, I love scary, suspenseful, or mystery books. I get on reading kicks, then don't end up reading for months on end.

I had a successful DD on Friday, which is huge for me because any time I've tried to fast on Fridays, it just doesn't go as smoothly as Mondays and Wednesdays. I did have a little too many sweet things yesterday, which I'm feeling today though. I'm attempting to stick to mainly water fast today, maybe with a cup or two of coffee with HWC.

Saturday's weigh in I came down another 1.5 lb. so I was happy about that.

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #66
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3
I’m having 2 whole eggs on this DD instead of egg whites, in hope the higher fat in the yokes keeps my hunger under control better.

Time will tell.

Have a great day keeping on plan!

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #67
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix-- I am struggling with that evil scale, too. As for the brownies, I like them because a) they are completely grain free and b) added protein. Not to mention they are insanely delicious!

Nice loss, VL!

Good luck with your egg experiment, Ann!

I got a hankering for deviled eggs, so I made one (two halves) and ate around 11. That should be it until about 5 or 5:30.

Last edited by handbells; 11-06-2017 at 09:35 AM..
Old 11-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #68
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
My DD are getting closer to actual fasting. It's getting easier so that's the way I'm moving.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #69
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
handbells, I'm intrigued by your peppermint black bean brownies. I love anything peppermint.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #70
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Relationships can be a real bummer for a dieting woe!! ... What was I doing differently? (besides not dating...). ARGH
That's the truth right there. I would *love* to just be able to focus on myself! Even when you are doing 'your own thing', you still have to think about stuff like a) can we eat at the same place, b) can we eat at the same time, etc. Also (with me at least) it feels crummy to DD on date nights or date days - they're special! Darn you, happiness and romance (LOL)

Vanilla and quietnite congrats on excellent JUDDDing!

It's 1pm here and still not feeling hungry...yay
Old 11-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #71
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
handbells, I'm intrigued by your peppermint black bean brownies. I love anything peppermint.
When I hear about bean-based desserts it makes me think of those Chinese New Year's bean cakes which are one of my favorite things ever.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #72
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
When coming off 4:3 going back to EOD, I'm always amazed how easy weekend DDs are. I think it's 2 fold for me. I sleep later, therefore longer on weekends, so I'm not up starting at 4am and at my desk before 7am and I'm usually less active on the weekends, so I think those 2 things make it so that I have almost zero hunger until 8:30pm or 9pm. Those are the only factors that I can think of, but it's really noticeable how much easier the evening is.
Nothing, nothing makes a DD easier than plenty of sleep + sleeping later!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #73
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Carly- yeah that makes sense. Hibernation mode . I agree I have never been successful with weight loss at this time of year and not just because of goodies. I suppose I'll just keep trying but it always makes me want to switch things up a little. I keep thinking maybe I should try 3-4 days of Stillmans and see if that shakes things up a little. But I wont. not yet.

handbells - how do the brownies or cupcakes rate calories wise?

a wee bit of a challenge came my way, the BF invited me over tonight for dinner and a movie to hang out with his kids because they just lost a family pet and he is trying to get their mind off things. I may have to be a slight party pooper and bring my own food or something. Its so hard to stay on a diet at his house.

I just saw your post Bluebelle and you are SO RIGHT!!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #74
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
a wee bit of a challenge came my way, the BF invited me over tonight for dinner and a movie to hang out with his kids because they just lost a family pet and he is trying to get their mind off things. I may have to be a slight party pooper and bring my own food or something. Its so hard to stay on a diet at his house.

I would say just bring your own darn food! What matters is that you're physically there supporting them through this tough time, right? Whether or not you partake in the pizza or whatever they're going to order is meaningless. (I know, I know...you'll be tempted, it's not as easy as it sounds, etc. Just don't worry about how it looks).

I forgot, this is extra hard on you because you eat moderately low-cal 5 days a week, right?
Old 11-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #75
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
Me too! I just add peppermint extract to a black bean brownie recipe. Easy peasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
When I hear about bean-based desserts it makes me think of those Chinese New Year's bean cakes which are one of my favorite things ever.
No those bean cakes I don't care for. Primarily because of the texture of the bun part (if it's what I'm thinking of). These you don't taste any bean at all.

Quote:
handbells - how do the brownies or cupcakes rate calories wise?
The brownies are approximately 115c per serving and the cupcakes I will guess and say 182 (which is the amount in a slice of cake which is the original recipe...minus the frosting). Also, I don't think bringing your own food is being a party pooper!

Old 11-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #76
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
I may have to be a slight party pooper and bring my own food or something. Its so hard to stay on a diet at his house.

I don’t think people make a big deal out of it. Over the winter months, my work group has all the birthdays. I usually have to supply the cakes. When I’m being on my best, I slice an apple or some other fruit and eat that while everyone has cake. No one has ever said a word. I think in this day and age, most have learned that if one doesn’t want sugar or high fat foods, so be it. As long as you’re present and having fun, you’re not a party pooper.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:56 AM   #77
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Day 6

Tuesday, Nov 7

(Day 23 for some of us)

Come on in from the cold!

The bullet-proof coffee is brewing

and we're ready to talk turkey!

Old 11-07-2017, 04:44 AM   #78
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

My UD yesterday went fine. Around 3pm I had a 100-cal pack of some stone ground corn snacks (a really good healthy snack that I hadn't thought of to eat myself - I usually send them in DS's lunchbox). Then at 6pm I made myself Ramen with broccoli, carrot and spring onion (around 370 cals). 500 cals altogether. Then a way early bedtime (8pm).

I am definitely feeling a change with just 3 DDs in - although still have bloat from the affogato episode on Sunday night.

Looking forward to UD today and getting lots done...not hungry yet (I will probably eat around 9am).

Last edited by Bluebelle; 11-07-2017 at 04:47 AM..
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #79
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

I keep bouncing up and I am getting frustrated. I know it will go back down eventually, but right now I just want to chuck it all. I won't, but it is oh so tempting!

UD today. I think I will make crabless crab cakes for lunch. Dinner will be roasted cabbage for sure. Yum!

Great job on your DD, Bluebelle!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #80
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I am attempting to get as close to a 24 hour water fast as I can and eating my calories at aroung 6 tonight for my DD. Wish me luck! Imma drink ALL THE WATER.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #81
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
handbells - Thank you! And please post those peppermint black bean brownies. Or rather, how much peppermint extract do you add? Even with some bouncing up, you're doing amazing!

quietnite - Having done some actual fasting, it does become easier. I'd planned on doing a total fast yesterday, but caved. Still came in at just under 400 calories, so it was still a successful DD.

Bluebelle - Thank you! I'm (hesitantly) rejoicing that coming back here and trying to post regularly is helping me stay strong on DDs.

phoenix17 - Not being a party pooper to bring your own food. Do what's best for you!

I was up a tad this morning, even after a good DD, but I think what I indulged in Sunday played a part in that. I was geared for it upon approaching the Metal Monster, and it wasn't as much of a bounce as I thought it might be.

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #82
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Vanilla- this is my second time trying the 24 fast and that is the funny thing. Even if I don't make it, it brings my DD cals super low somehow and therefore feels like a total win. The last one I tried made the scale move for the first time in a month!

I've been reading Dr. Fung and I think the longer I am able to not eat, the less insulin response I am getting and it is making my DD easier to get lower and my body likes the not eating.

The never-ending experiment that is living in my body
Old 11-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #83
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

quietnite- thats the best thing to do is to figure out what works!! I try to do the longer fasts per day as well. I've only been able to do 24 hours since I started with an electrolyte solution in my water to get me through lunch on my very busy days. Otherwise I get a little spacey.

I meant to fast all day today until dinner (last night dinner with BF and kids was switched to tonight) but I ended up with some soup - according to their nutritional content is says it was under 100 cal for the cup... but it seemed pretty thick for that. I think I'll err on the cautious side and call it 200. BF wanted to bring the boys out for dinner but I told him I was back on my diet plan and he graciously agreed to not go out. It'll be rotisserie chicken, broccoli and potatoes for the boys-I'll just skip the taters. I can have a decent serving of that and stay within limits and still eat with everyone.

The scale was ok this morning- I just realized I didn't post on the weigh in thread - I am closer to where I ended last week after my no-count-weekend. I have to say I kind of miss a real DD. Maybe I'll work in one 300 cal DD/week. See there I Go again, trying to switch things up!! Geesh. What is wrong with me!! I won't switch anything- the new add-on challenge for me is NO SWITCH UPS til Thanksgiving!!!

Funny coincidence- I was looking up recipes last night for the holidays and came across a black bean brownie recipe totally randomly . I'll have to give them a try. I can justify chocolate with a higher protein content .
Old 11-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #84
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Ha- the old switch-up. My brain is doing the same thing! I'm just keepin' on...
Old 11-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #85
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
quietnite- thats the best thing to do is to figure out what works!! I try to do the longer fasts per day as well. I've only been able to do 24 hours since I started with an electrolyte solution in my water to get me through lunch on my very busy days. Otherwise I get a little spacey.
Phoenix, I think if you and I could crack the code of doing DDs while still being productive on incredibly demanding workdays we'd be golden. Electrolytes you say?? I've been doing tea and an egg here and there (and I hate eggs so that should tell you something, but that protein boost really helps and really filling).
Old 11-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #86
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Wish me luck tomorrow. It's a DD with a doozy of a work load. It's probably going to be one of those 9am-9pm-ish kinda days with juggling 4-5 things throughout. While I'll be busy, the physical fatigue is what gets me. I usually return home and eat a lot of food. I'm hoping to keep steady with coffee, hot tea, and hopefully a well planned meal when I get home. Maybe some scrambled eggs with cheese. We shall see.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #87
annabanana76179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annabanana76179
Stats: 191/185/120
WOE: Carb Cycling
Start Date: 03/21/07
Here goes… Want to lose 15 pounds and do it by JUDDDing.

***Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty-they merely move it from their faces to their
annabanana76179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #88
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Good luck kwerp! You can do it.

anna!

Today was a good UD. Tomorrow's DD is causing me a little bit of worry - it's DS's school's "talent show" competition in the evening, and there will be snacks and stuff for the parents + won't get home until super late. If the day turns into a MD won't be the end of the world, but would like to avoid it. Thinking of taking a Coke Zero to sip on.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #89
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

VL- I used the recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. I added about 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.

Kwerp- Good luck!

Welcome Annabanana!

Good luck tomorrow, Bluebelle!

Old 11-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #90
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 233/170/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto./ Atkins
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014 nov 2017
Hello all! I’m creeping back in and climbing back onto the wagon with my head down. I’m up over 40 and think maybe I’m ready to stop gaining. I know I’m ready. I need to be healthy. I’m going low carb for a bit then hopefully getting back into rotations without too much trouble I’m ready to lose over the holidays.
One day at a time!
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote