Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #31
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Hi everyone - yes we can do this!

UD yesterday was heeectic. Finished work at 3pm and then housework/supermarketing/putting groceries away/making dinner ate up pretty much all my day until 9pm. I think I did around 2000-2500 cals. I am not fussed about counting carefully on UDs because I lose regardless on JUDDD, as long as I put in good DDs.

Today is DD. Have 4-5 more hours of work to do, then DS gets home, make lunch for him, and (if it doesn't storm) he'll have swim class then taekwondo. Would really like to fit some self-care in there somehow (pedicure). I have to pick up another pair of cute heels I ordered. Hoping all the busyness will distract me from not eating on DD. The eating plan is to have a small snack at 1pm and then something like Ramen with veggies for dinner. I'll probably make chicken wraps or something for the menfolk for dinner (DH is totally into healthy eating now).

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #32
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post

I never did get in to the Walden Farms products. I tried a few and thought they were heinous - I think it was the salad dressing and a veggie dip I tried. Just had such a weird off flavor to me.

I had thai chicken soup for lunch! It was quite tasty too and only 130 calories. Funny thing I thought after I ate it "wow I feel so full" - maybe thai food is magic . What do you use for your recipe?
The Walden Farms salad dressings are too distasteful even fore me. And I have tried. But the Chocolate and Caramel sauces/dips rock. I also stock the BBQ sauce.

I use the Kanokwan Massaman (or other) curry paste. With frozen veg and a TBL of coconut butter. Poured over chicken. Wow it was good. Will be having it again tomorrow. Who needs rice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
p0rtia-are you familiar with Leslie Sansone? There are a lot of good videos on youtube. That's what I need to get back to.

For my DD I had 1/4c sunflower seeds, a spoonful of caulirice, and several cubes of teriyaki tofu. Oh, and 5 marshmallows
It's not that I don't have plenty opportunity to walk or hike or do my steppies, it's the utter lack of motivation and extremely short hours of daylight/warmth at this time of year. And the crazy busy. This thing happens when you get to a certain age: time speeds up.

I LOVE your DD food choices. Clearly we were separated at birth. Except for the caul part of the caulrice. I may have abandoned my preference for carbs in favor of protein, but that doesn't mean I don't long for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
Hi everyone!! I'm going to join in for the support aspect My goal is to take care of myself and maintain at goal I would love to go into the Christmas season at this weight or lower...we shall see I am currently doing LC and 5:2 with around a 900 calorie DD and 1600 calorie UD...
Yippee! Glad to see you, and thanks for the reminder that maintaining is WINNING. You have summed it up with your intent to enter the season at a nice low.

I long to be Team M. I think I can do your version of 5:2. Hope it works for me when my time comes.

A grey DD today, though once again unseasonably warm. Enjoying the feeling of something beyond not being hungry--something I'm calling "satisfied." Honestly, I look back upon the many years of being hungry all day every day no matter what I ate, and I know that something has drastically changed. Started to change when I discovered JUDDD 18 months ago. Not just the not-hungry of Atkins/ketosis. Maybe the spate of 3/4 day Z-fasts I did over the summer caused this. Dunno. Just know I like it a lot.

Excelsior.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #33
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
TGIF. I had a pretty good week but I am dragging my butt today and remember last time around I tried this 8wbsd plan, I was very tired by Friday. 5 days of continued calorie restriction I suppose. I wonder if it would work as well if I did 3 days on, 1 UD, repeat. no I won't mess with it yet . I'm so bad that way.

I'm looking forward to the weekend for sure. Not that I have any plans, just to not have to do anything at all . I do need to clean my garage... not terribly exciting but it will be nice to have it done.

Handbells that recipe is very intriguing. is it low cal? or just considered paleo or just to avoid cow milk?

I forgot to bring in anything as a mid day snack today and the cafeteria does not have anything suitable so I'm either going to try to fast all day and have a nice big dinner, or maybe leave early which would be nice. I need to keep some easy protein around. Jerky? I suppose that is high calorie though. What is the lowest calorie portable protein source? hm, this will take some investigation. anyone have any ideas? (I don't like eggs).

Happy Friday!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #34
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
For me it's basically year 5 month 9
And again I am reminded how beneficial it is to share this board with you and the others who have been in maintenance for years. Seeing what is possible; seeing how it's done and how crazy it sometimes is--well, it's priceless. Thanks, and ongoing congratulations for your achievement.

Quote:
I'm feeling re-energized going back to EOD. I know I feel good on it and it's more effective for weight loss than 4:3. At this point I maintain on 4:3 unless DDs are close to zero and UDs never exceed 1,400, which hasn't been happening recently.
It is extremely energizing! This is my first time doing EOD, as you know from my yammerings. Though I did very well on 4:3, until I hit my youthful "norm" of 180. So for the past six months I've had it in the back of my mind to try. And I'm liking it a log. Maybe not sustainable year in and year out, but yeah, a nice weight-management tool to add to my quiver.

Quote:
In fact, my weight was creeping up on 4:3. That is worrisome to me because the fact of the matter is that DW gets very frustrated when I'm doing EOD as she feels that we can't eat out much on the weekend and from a scheduling perspective she never knows when my DDs/ UDs are.
I wish there was more data- even if anecdotal- regarding long-term JUDDD. I'd like to know if others found a need to lower calories as the years passed (of course some of that is due to aging) and I wonder if lots of people were able to maintain strict EOD for 5+ with no effect on family/ scheduling, etc...[/quote]

Yeah, the weekend. And for me, the fact that for half the year, I play tennis M, W, F and want a routine for my eating schedule. 4:3 makes it
so much easier. It's the sustainability factor again; for me (and for your DW with regards to you), 4:3 is sustainable. EOD involves more compromise and effort.

You know, I have never forgotten the advice you gave me in my early days here, when I was trying out different UD/DD calorie combinations. You said, basically, don't set your UD calories too low; that if you had to do it over again, you would set higher UDs. You worried that your very low maintenance cals might be a result of too low UDs. In fact, this was on my mind this past weekend when I decided to up my UD cals a notch. Like the rest of you, I'll do what I have to do, but I'd just as soon it didn't involve a calorie cap of 1100.

Quote:
Of course, I'm not sure how many people there are who have actually adhered to JUDDD or even 4:3 for over 5 years with very little deviation.

Just thinking out loud.
I was hoping this would be a place for people to think out loud, and I'm loving it.

I haven't actually met anyone except for a few others here (Slow, and maybe Leo) who have adhered to JUDDD so rigorously. I think we/you are greatly contributing to the data resource. I at least am paying attention; taking note of the discussions about carb/low carb, Z-fasting on DDs, the slow upticks for no apparent reason, exercise habits. Honestly, recording all this stuff can only help!

Old 11-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #35
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
p0rtia - In that past, I struggled with eating enough on UDs. I *thought* I was so I had to track to make sure. I was eating under by a few hundred calories. The irony, go figure! I'm tracking DDs only right now, but will track UDs or add back in the cals if I suspect I'm undereating again. I'm definitely more focused on keeping the DDs truly down.

Carly - Throwing this out there from a (not yet) successful JUDDDer to a successful one. Listening to Jimmy Moore's (and others') podcasts on fasting, they don't mention JUDDD specifically other than Alternate Day Eating and it seems as long as you get your "feasting" day calories in it's a good way to live long term. People naturally think if they keep the calories low even on feasting days they'll lose weight better or quicker. The body learns to manage on less and less calories until they literally are starving. Their motto seems to be, no matter which style of fasting one does, when you fast fast, when you feast feast. As far as the family scheduling and such, isn't this what makes JUDDD so appealing? It's not blown to have a MD or even two UDs in a row. With zero DDs and 1400 (and occasionally higher?) UDs your body is basically getting only 700 calories a day. If our bodies really do need 1200 calories a day just to function, that's really low. Maybe your body wants to be a bit higher weight? I'm older than you so I'm just gonna say this - maybe you need a few feast days and eat! I'm just throwing some thoughts out there. Hesitantly though as, again, I'm a continual returnee saying this to one of the most famous successes around these parts! I'd love to see some of the peeps that were around a few years ago and how they're doing long term.

phoenix17 - Maybe cheese like Tillamook cheese squares or something like that? They don't necessarily have to stay cold, but they are about 90 calories a block I think. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I haven't seen or noticed Enlightened Flavors yet. I occasionally splurge on Halo Top. Love Sea Salt Caramel, Peanut Butter is good, and haven't tried Lemon Cake. The Chocolate Almond was to me. The almond flavoring was overpowering.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

December Goals:
-Sticking to NOT STRESSING if my schedule goes haywire. Which I seem to be doing well at both.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #36
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
phoenix- it's to avoid the cow's milk. I'm dairy free. You would never know there is sweet potato in it! There's 244c in a 1/2c (without pb).

p0rtia-I lack motivation, too. The weather doesn't bother me, because I can walk indoors, but I just have to get up and *do it*! Oh, and I'm grain free, so caulirice was my choice to go with the tofu (which was delicious, btw!) I love tennis! Haven't played in years, in less you count the Wii! hahahaha

I was down most of the amount I was up yesterday, so that was nice. I wasn't feeling well earlier and thought I needed to eat something, so I made some deviled eggs because they were fast. Should have made a shake. Now, I still feel icky and the eggs are like rocks in my tummy Supposed to grocery shop, but I think I'm just going to save it for tomorrow. I detest going on Saturday's, but I'm just not up to it right now!

Have a great day!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #37
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

Carly - Throwing this out there from a (not yet) successful JUDDDer to a successful one. Listening to Jimmy Moore's (and others') podcasts on fasting, they don't mention JUDDD specifically other than Alternate Day Eating and it seems as long as you get your "feasting" day calories in it's a good way to live long term. People naturally think if they keep the calories low even on feasting days they'll lose weight better or quicker. The body learns to manage on less and less calories until they literally are starving. Their motto seems to be, no matter which style of fasting one does, when you fast fast, when you feast feast. As far as the family scheduling and such, isn't this what makes JUDDD so appealing? It's not blown to have a MD or even two UDs in a row. With zero DDs and 1400 (and occasionally higher?) UDs your body is basically getting only 700 calories a day. If our bodies really do need 1200 calories a day just to function, that's really low. Maybe your body wants to be a bit higher weight? I'm older than you so I'm just gonna say this - maybe you need a few feast days and eat! I'm just throwing some thoughts out there. Hesitantly though as, again, I'm a continual returnee saying this to one of the most famous successes around these parts! I'd love to see some of the peeps that were around a few years ago and how they're doing long term.
Honestly- I don't know what the answer is. I'm very active or at least moderately active most days of the week, so... Maybe years of disordered eating and the fact that body is very adaptable. However, recently I was eating more and the trend was was upward, so...

P0rtia- I wonder about a lot of the folks from days gone by. I'm friends with many on FB and none of them are JUDDDing from what I can tell or what they have confirmed to me.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #38
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

It was a tough DD today, but I managed. I had low-cal canned veg soup with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on for lunch, and then we stopped by the pupusa stand again after taekwondo (DS’s request - which I am happy to cave on, because he actually eats salad there!).500-550 calories all told.

Sadly no pedicure today - just got too crunched for time. As I waited for DS to finish his class, I sat on a park bench and read a book. I read probably 2-3 books a year, and it’s embarrassing. I really want to do it more. I read voraciously from the time I was 6 to 20 (when I got married and had DS). I read so much it seemed like I had gone through most of the fiction ever written! I was an only child with pretty hands-off parents who were always reading themselves. Once I started running a household and then baby and then all that plus working, there just never seemed to be time. I don’t know why I’m telling you guys this! Anyway I really want to read more - and physical books, not screens!

Looking forward to UD tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #39
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

What do you like to read, Bluebelle?

Old 11-04-2017, 04:47 AM   #40
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I'm late to the party, been moving around a lot, and not eating well...

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:10 AM   #41
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I'm late to the party, been moving around a lot, and not eating well...
Someday I'm gonna write a treatise on the effects on weight management of being out of one's normal routine.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 AM   #42
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 3

Saturday, Nov 4

(Day 20 for some of us)

Come on in from the cold!

The bullet-proof coffee is brewing

and we're ready to talk turkey!

Old 11-04-2017, 07:44 AM   #43
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3

Yesterday turned into a MD, after I got hungry last night and finished off a bag of pumpkin seeds. So, although I woke up hungry this morning today will be a DD.

I'm going to try having a coffee protein shake to fill my stomach while the temps are still above freezing. Then if I get the DD chills later this afternoon, I'll jump on my rebounder and have some hot bone broth.

Since I've been off HRT for the past 10 mos., I still get hot flashes a few times during the day and hot sweats around 3 am, interspersed with chills from having Hashimoto's no matter what season it is and regardless of whether it's a DD or UD.

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #44
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Bluebelle- I like to read too, and was doing well for a while, reading a book every week or so, but since this spring I have not been reading as much. I think if I find a book I can really get into I'll get back in the grove. I do read on my Kindle, since it more convenient to keep that in my purse than an actual book.

I love memoirs but can get into good fiction as well.

Ann- sorry about the hot flashes. DW has had them for 10 years I'm not sure if I could take that for a decade, but the fact that I'm always freezing to the point of major discomfort and DW is dripping in sweat- we are quite the site to be seen at times. I'm wearing a down coat and scarf, shivering and she is sweating to death in a tee shirt.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:36 AM   #45
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
From what I have read online recently, the reason we require fewer calories as we age is due to loss of muscle, which occurs gradually over the years. Muscle uses more calories, so maybe we need some weight training to add muscle. True, muscle will add numbers to the scale, but we would/should be able to tell by the fit of our clothes.

I was feeding my cold yesterday so it definitely was an UD. Going to the casino today, so this will be another one.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #46
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Books books books - I love fiction (especially short stories) and memoirs (like Carly). But favorite overall is poetry. Carly I looove my Kindle too for its practicality but I think it’s better role-modelling for DS to see me with an actual book (at least, that’s what I’ve read).

Today is UD. At swim class with DS right now, then we are headed to a bakery for breakfast and then to get that blessed pedicure. And we’ll be walking walking everywhere.

BTW I’ve decided to do 4:3 so both weekend days can be UDs. I originally planned for one of them to be MDs, but the more I read about them here they just seem like a bad idea for me - confusing to the mind and body
Old 11-04-2017, 10:54 AM   #47
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

I'm no help in the book department. My favorites are thrillers and cozy mysteries

Old 11-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #48
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post

Yesterday turned into a MD, after I got hungry last night and finished off a bag of pumpkin seeds. So, although I woke up hungry this morning today will be a DD.

I'm going to try having a coffee protein shake to fill my stomach while the temps are still above freezing. Then if I get the DD chills later this afternoon, I'll jump on my rebounder and have some hot bone broth.

Since I've been off HRT for the past 10 mos.
, I still get hot flashes a few times during the day and hot sweats around 3 am, interspersed with chills from having Hashimoto's no matter what season it is and regardless of whether it's a DD or UD.

Ann
Did you go off very, very slow? Like did you cut out just one day a week then if all went well to add in another no HRT day! I was told to go off real slow! But then I've been on it for many years! Now take 1/2 a pill 5 days a week!
Old 11-04-2017, 03:16 PM   #49
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post

Since I've been off HRT for the past 10 mos., I still get hot flashes a few times during the day and hot sweats around 3 am, interspersed with chills from having Hashimoto's no matter what season it is and regardless of whether it's a DD or UD.

Ann
Oy-yoi-yoi, that's no fun at all. Hope you are doing okay. Here's a virtual hug to help keep you warm!

Old 11-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #50
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
I'm a science fiction girl. Down to the bone. Total nerd.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #51
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I'm a science fiction girl. Down to the bone. Total nerd.
I used to love to read science fiction/fantasy! I still enjoy it, but not to the extent that I did.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #52
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

DD eats: 1/8c sunflower seeds, two salmon patties, 1/2c df 'nog.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #53
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3
This first week back turned out to be more of a 5:2 than 4:3. Hoping to get better in control of my hunger moving forward. It may help that my hubby is going back to work after a week off, so he won't be eating a full breakfast first thing every morning and filling the house with appetite appealing aromas, in addition to tempting me with pizza & wine in the evening.

I decided to return to weighing once a week and posting in the weekly weigh-in thread for the remainder of this year, to help keep my all or nothing diet mindset better in check.

Have a great Sunday!

Ann

Last edited by SlimNana; 11-05-2017 at 09:34 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #54
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 4

Sunday, Nov 5

(Day 21 for some of us)

Old 11-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #55
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

So my browsing on nutritional ketosis brought me here today. Anyone have any positive experiences? Anyone who has time to kill (like me apparently). Not sure how important the heavy exercise regime described herein is. Just sometimes the Google leads me to the strength guys.

http://eatingacademy.com/sports-and-...s-can-co-exist
Old 11-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #56
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Hello!

My scale was down this morning...yay...but I think it will be up tomorrow (if my bloated feeling is any indication! lol!)

Today's eats: "eggnog shake", way too many cauliflower "wings", green beans, a small piece of roast that I shouldn't of eaten (not because of diet...it just didn't agree with me), and two (yes, two!) grain free black bean chocolate cupcakes with creamy, dreamy peanut butter frosting.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited by handbells; 11-05-2017 at 05:08 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 03:37 AM   #57
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Day 5

Monday, Nov 6

(Day 22 for some of us)

Old 11-06-2017, 03:44 AM   #58
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Hello!

My scale was down this morning...yay...but I think it will be up tomorrow (if my bloated feeling is any indication! lol!)

Today's eats: "eggnog shake", way too many cauliflower "wings", green beans, a small piece of roast that I shouldn't of eaten (not because of diet...it just didn't agree with me), and two (yes, two!) grain free black bean chocolate cupcakes with creamy, dreamy peanut butter frosting.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Again I am resonating with your eating choices (cauli excluded). I ADORE black been chocolate anything. Especially brownies.

Big fan of veggie burgers too.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:17 AM   #59
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Yeah, for scale movement, Handbells!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:34 AM   #60
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Two weekend UDs done, now today is DD Monday.

Unfortunately was stupid yesterday and had coffee (I had been off it for over a month) while out with DH in the afternoon, specifically an affogato (which I suspect was made with espresso), subsequently completely wrecking my stomach last night. Ugh! On the other hand, it'll probably make it easier to DD today.