Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #61
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StrgzrLily
Stats: 240/230/170
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 10/1/11
START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4
NOV 8 - 223.0
NOV 9 - 222.4
NOV 10 - 222.8

MENU

B: Nothing
L: Grilled chicken with green chilies, jack cheese w/half avocado &
sliced cucumber w/ranch dressing.
D: 2 Beddar Cheddar sausages grilled with cauliflower & broccoli steamed

WATER

50 OZ

EXERCISE:

30 minutes treadmill, incline intervals 7, 15, 20
Weight bearing, upper body

PAM: Wow, you get on the scale in front of your husband? He sounds like a cheeky monkey! It would frost my cupcakes too because I have a sacred relationship with my scale! I hope you found some good deals at the grocery store, like eggs! I know you don't want to buy them but they are cheap and the perfect protein.

ALENE: Snacking in the evenings has always been a problem for me. I like the bowl to mouth repetitive action of sweet and salty. It sounds like you didn't do too bad! Munchies for me, in the past, has resulted in ice cream binges or half a bag of Doritoes w/sour cream. Your overall attitude is great though. Keep up at the gym it helps with craving I think!

KELI: Your menu looks delicious! Your doing great! Keep warm up there, we are in central Florida. We moved here from Michigan, so we know the snow! I will not miss it.

Okay, so I have been stuck at 222 "something" for SEVEN DAYS! I'm going to the gym 5 days a week. I'm keeping my carbs under 20 every day. I'm drinking the water most days. The only thing I can figure is that I'm eating too much salt. I crave it. I need to pick up some Mortons light salt. I try not to eat after 6:30 but sometimes that's rough. I seem to be doing things right. I think the scale should be moving. Someone needs to tell my scale! Way, way off in the corner of my mind, I'm thinking that I started weight bearing exercise this week. Muscle weighs more than fat right? I'd rather hae no muscle and have the scale go down! LOL!

Also, maybe constantly thinking about Pizza Hut pizza all the time is the problem!

~~~Fall Nine Times, Rise Ten!~~~
StrgzrLily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 05:01 AM   #62
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 185/178.4/128 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning,

I decided not to weigh in for awhile. Just want to concentrate on the carbs. 20 or below for a whole week counting everything. Making chicken legs tonight but not sure what else. I have one last acorn squash but I am the only one that eats it. We are doing a little molding work in the front hall today and I am happy about that. It looks so nice. Everything is under construction in the house so a little progress will make me happy. Have a great day!

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #63
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4
NOV 8 - 223.0
NOV 9 - 222.4
NOV 10 - 222.8
NOV 11 - 223.3

MENU

B: Eggs & Bacon w/beddar cheddar
L: Sliced cucumber w/ranch dressing
D: Baked chicken w/jack cheese & black olives

WATER

67 OZ

EXERCISE:

30 Minutes treadmill, incline intervals of 7, 10, 20
Strength training, upper body

OKAY....I'm officially bummed. I don't know what is going on.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #64
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 235/173.4/165
WOE: Atkins/IF 16:8
Start Date: 1/1/2013 (restart 1/30/17)
Lily, what a bummer! Unless your quantities of food are just too high or too low, your menus look good. Sometimes it’s tough to figure out what is stalling us and we have to start eliminating things until we figure it out. Artificial sweeteners, dairy, too much protein, not enough water, and too much salt all can have impact on certain people. I had similar issues when I was exercising almost daily so I wonder if your calories are too low and your body is preserving what it has (starvation mode). You’ll have to tweak things over time and see what helps. I think it’s weird to consider, but my weight loss numbers were always better when I wasn’t exercising a lot. Each of us are different though so we have to figure out what works for us over time. Keep up the good effort and the results will come!

It’s a very cold day here in VA. We have basketball practice for my younger son today and I need to do some shopping and get laundry done, I’ve already eaten too much today but for some reason I woke up hungry, which doesn’t happen normally. I’ve been checking my weight daily to make sure I’m good and my numbers have been very stable (staying within a 2 lb range with daily fluctuations). I even had a glass of Cabernet last night so was thankful the scale was good today. I went to sams club yesterday and couldn’t find my wild blueberry goat cheese. I’m really hoping they are just out of it!! I love that stuff and it’s become my go to snack. I sure hope they restock soon as I haven’t seen it anywhere else.

Hang in there Pam! With your ongoing medical issues and meds, it could be tough to get your body in weight loss mode. Focus on your health while eating healthy and don’t stress! Sending hugs!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Last edited by Julie1972; 11-11-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #65
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

All the recent chatter about taco soup made me want some so I have a crock pot full of yummy things and I hope it turns out good. I went with what I had and I’m hoping for the best!

Shredded chicken (2 rotisserie chickens without the breasts, which I fed to the family)
1 lg carton chicken broth
2 cans rotel
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach
1 pkg frozen riced cauliflower and broccoli
2 pkgs cream cheese
Taco seasoning

It smells fabulous! Will let you know tomorrow how it turns out.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:29 AM   #66
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday! Another freezing day here. Letting the dog out in the morning is painful! I broke down and ate a bowl of my soup last night. I never eat that late and ended up a pound higher on the scale this morning. However, it was delicious. I wanted more tomatoes so added a third can of rotel and now it’s a bit spicy. It was very good though and I will use it for lunches this week. I haven’t made a good soup in a long time.

Today I need to finish my housework, laundry and I need to exercise. I’m hoping the sun comes out so we can take the dog on a long walk. I will be very strict today to ensure the scale gets back where I want it.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-12-2017, 06:05 AM   #67
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 185/178.4/128 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Thanks Julie I know it's all my medical issues but I think I am still in denile about being sick. I feel like its just a cold and I will get over this in a week or two, but that doesn't happen. Finally getting the Predisone out of my body but back on the Plaquenil. We will see if I have another reaction.

Have you tried the cranberry white cheddar? It's very good. I dont know if you have an Aldi by you but the carry it. I like trying new cheeses like that. With the Holidays it makes it special.

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #68
fembomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: 5'4" HW 215 LW 134 CW 164 GW 109-139?
WOE: Atkins Pescatarian Fish is main protein
Start Date: Atkins since 1998/Lifting Weights
Weighing in today at 166.4
I am stressed over one thing or another
It began with the hurricanes then vegas shooting then texas shooting
And now Youtube ever since the Evil Elsa kids vids were reported about in July
In New York Times Guardian etc they have done NOTHING to remove them
They are so evil i cannot talk about them here
And they are claiming they are getting rid of them this month
However one parent reported the other day that they Live Streamed for over 10 hours
Looks like Youtube/Google is full of it!! And where is Disney?
They have Elsa engaged in all kinds of evil acts and Mickey and Minnie Drinking Beer
Violence Nudity Sex Abortions one involving a LIVE Child Elsa and other characters committing suicide
Kids live and animated Eating Feces and Drinking Urine
I have watched a ton of these sick vids this past week its Disturbing me on deep levels!!
In Both the animated and live ppl versions its Unreal this is going on!!
They show up in a kids youtube auto play after they watch normal kids shows
all sorts of violence are in these vids starring Elsa Spiderman Mickey Mouse
I am Shocked that Disney has done Nothing about it they are very powerful
and have even gone after housewives who sell with Disney fabric on Etsy
But Disney cannot find the ability to go after these Sick ppl making these vids?
And Youtube cannot be bothered to have parental controls that Actually Work??
Billions of views by small children!!
Google is making Millions off these vids as they are now the most watched kids vids
on youtube with parental controls NOT Stopping them i am so upset because
Several younger family members have been watching them
I am not sleeping well in fact until i took a nap i did not sleep for 3 days because i am so stressed and then today i only slept 5 hours
I have been eating like a horse because of no sleep all month
And i did not work out all week the previous week i only worked out 3 days
I realize many like to work out when they are stressed
Many also dont eat when stressed
Unfortunately i am the opposite with Both
July 194/Aug 186/Sept 177/Oct 173/Nov 169/Dec 164/ Jan
5'4" LW 134 @ 19% BodyFat
Saline Breast 44" Chest 38" Ribcage Under Implants

~i dont do taxi cabs..i Do Limos~

Last edited by fembomb; 11-12-2017 at 03:54 PM..
fembomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #69
fembomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: 5'4" HW 215 LW 134 CW 164 GW 109-139?
WOE: Atkins Pescatarian Fish is main protein
Start Date: Atkins since 1998/Lifting Weights
PAM me too on the organics and I just realized this month since I am drinking beer I noticed someone online talking about most commercial beer is gmo so I guess I will be buying organic beer
The world changed 10 or so years ago so many evils in this world now and I have to re Evaluate exactly what the rules are for being good to my digestive system I try to eat mostly whole organic foods I eat processed meat substitutes only because I cannot eat eggs cheese nuts but its prolly better I cannot eat cheese and nuts as it makes it harder for me to lose fat
On your idea to log all your food I can say from my own experience if I dont log my food I lose little to nothing for Years I logged my food losing and then in maintaining part of the reason I became obese was the fact that I did not log my food at all for years Now I do ever since July I log no excuses .it has helped me a Lot..i know there are a lot of food log apps out there but I dont use a cell phone I gave up both my cell phone and my car in 2003 in protest of things I dont agree with in this modern world..obviously I do use a computer and the internet I just use my old Disc which is on all the computers in the house to log my food I love the Features Of this old disc which is apparently a competitor to this site go figure as they bleep it out
Stay in Denial about being Ill dont allow it to take you over I went down that road and it did nothing but almost Kill me!! I still wish you would try the LD Colostrum but again it costs money

ALENE & LILY Good on you two exercising!

KELLY I love Coconut Shrimp havent had it in years though

BETTERTHANEVER Congratulations on that 30lb FAT LOSS!!
July 194/Aug 186/Sept 177/Oct 173/Nov 169/Dec 164/ Jan
5'4" LW 134 @ 19% BodyFat
Saline Breast 44" Chest 38" Ribcage Under Implants

~i dont do taxi cabs..i Do Limos~
Old 11-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #70
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4
NOV 8 - 223.0
NOV 9 - 222.4
NOV 10 - 222.8
NOV 11 - 223.3
NOV 12 - 224.4

MENU

B: None
L: Chicken Salad (I made)
D: Chicken Fajitas & Wings (Dh & I split)

WATER

67 OZ

EXERCISE:

Saturday/Sunday, no gym days

I'm totally disgusted. I'm not eating much today. Maybe you guys who don't eat for days have the right idea.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:29 AM   #71
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alene
Stats: 195/170.6/145
WOE: Lower Carb
Lily, have you been tracking your calories and macros? That can often shine a lot of light on what might be going on? How about a recent physical to rule out any medical issues like thyroid problems? I know it is SO frustrating when the scale is stuck!!

I had a fun weekend. My cousin and his wife are in town and we had a really nice time bopping around Seattle. Got in about a 2 mile walk at Alki beach, and climbed the water tower at Volunteer park. I hit over 11,000 steps on my Fitbit so it was a nice active day.

Eating was good all weekend except for Sunday. Breakfast out and then dinner at my mom's house with the whole family. I knew the day would be a high one. About 2,100 calories or so. I had a nice drop on the scale Sunday morning and then it popped up after yesterday. It should be back down to 172 soon I expect. Hoping to be at 171.8 or less by Wednesday morning to hit the 1 lb. loss for the week. Wednesdays are my Mondays since that's the day I started with my coach.

Feeling good overall and excited to have two good days and two good workouts before the weekly weigh-in.

11/1 - about 177
11/2 - didn't weigh
11/3 - 174.4
11/4 - 172.8
11/5 - 172.6
11/6 - 173.2
11/7 - 173
11/8 - 172.8
11/9 - 172.8
11/10 - 173
11/11 - didn't weigh
11/12 - 172
11/13 - 173.2
Alene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #72
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyMom
Stats: 207/159/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/15/16
Well a total lack of exercise and massive amounts of late-night snacking just don't lead to weight loss. Last night I was finally able to stop the late-night eating part, so that's something. Like so many of you have said, it's that mindless TV eating, I get "snacky" and then I just eat and eat and then when I get in bed it's like "what did I do?" I'm trying to stick to a 7:00 end-of-eating-for-the-day, although I still had an ounce of cheese at 9pm last night. Much better than the night before, when I had a giant steak, tons of nuts, lots of cheese, AND a glass of wine. All after dinner!

I'm trying to stop procrastinating on the things I don't like to do, which hopefully will bring down my stress level. We'll see, it's easy to be motivated in the morning but following through is another story.

You all are inspiring me with your success and determination, so I won't give up. Even if I hover around this weight through the holidays, that would be a major success. I do NOT want to grow back out of my new smaller-size jeans!

We are leaving for vacation in Cozumel early Thursday morning. I think I'll actually do better there, just due to the lack of snacking options late at night. But I will be drinking, so that throws a curve into everything. Then we come back, try to lose 5-8 pounds before Christmas break, and then gain it all back on another vacation LOL.

Goals for today:
No eating after 7pm
Drink water
Get at least a little exercise

Susan

November goal - 159

11/1 - 157.5
11/2 - 158.3
11/3 - 156.1
11/4 - DNW
11/5 - DNW
11/6 - 159.0
11/7 - 158.3
11/8 - 159.0
11/9 - 159.8
11/10 - 159.1
11/11 - 159.7
11/12 - 160.9
1113 - 160.1
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #73
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/147/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Hi Everybody,

I'm hanging in there. Went through DD's room over the weekend and completely cleaned and organized everything. She's only 7 and her room was getting out of control to the point where there was no way she was going to be able to get it tidy without some help. I have several bags of clothes and toys ready for donation now, and she feels better having less clutter. But man, I am so sore from all of that. I'm not sure if it was just the repeated bending down and squatting all weekend or what, but my hamstrings especially are killing me!

I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest looking for new and exciting recipes. I made a crockpot honey garlic chicken recipe over the weekend, and some meatballs with homemade alfredo sauce last night. Hoping to go to the grocery store today to stock up on essentials for the week.

Lily - Florida sure is sounding good right now, I do not like the cold!

Pam - I've decided to continue to stay away from the scale for now. I know I'm not where I want to be for various reasons, and I want to focus on what I'm eating instead of what the scale says. I'll know when my clothes start fitting the way I want them to that I'm on the right path again. This time of year is so hard.

B - 5 slices of bacon
L - meatballs with homemade Alfredo sauce
S - cheese stick
D - pork chop

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #74
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
Hi, Susan... here's the pattern I've noticed with evening snacking... When I don't eat after 6 or 7 pm I'm down - at the low end of my range... If I snack I'm up 1-2 pounds. Consistently... And it happens regardless of what I've eaten during the day. I like the low numbers in the morning, but sometimes I'm irritable if my blood sugar is low and I have some nuts or jello in the evening. Works best if I have more protein and fat with dinner.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #75
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday!! It’s truly hard to believe that next week is Thanksgiving. Holy cow, this year is going by fast! I took my yummy soup today for lunch and really enjoyed it. It was surprisingly filling too. I was very snacky between breakfast and lunch though. Thankfully I’m skipping dinner tonight to make up for it. I’m hoping to get down a pound or two before Thanksgiving as I know my calorie count will be high that day. I’m already planning for some decadent but LC appetizers, sides and desserts. I can’t wait!

B: coffee with HWC, bacon
S: macadamia nuts, SF Chick-o-stick candy, coffee with half and half
L: chicken taco soup, cherry Coke Zero
D: skipped

I hope everyone has a great night!
Old 11-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #76
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Julie!. I'm hosting thanksgiving too and I can't wait! I'm making spinach artichoke dip for appetizer, and I thinking of doing grilled shrimp cocktails, too. I'll do the usual green beans with bacon, sugar free cranberry sauce and a cheesy cauliflower soufflé. My dad wants me to make a pork loin - perfect! I think I'll do a turkey breast and a couple of leg quarters just to give everyone some turkey leftovers. I might make stuffing for the rest of the group if someone demands it - ha.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #77
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, calories will be higher than normal, but the carbs won't be. Plus, that will be my only meal, so I'll bet the impact in the scale will be minimal. Oh, And I think I'll do either a pumpkin bake or pumpkin mousse for dessert. My brother's girlfriend usually provides a pumpkin pie, so it's nice for me to have something low carb to enjoy - and last year everyone preferred my dessert!
Old 11-14-2017, 04:55 AM   #78
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Casey, I recently read that we have a stronger insulin response in the evening. So when we eat in the evening we secrete more insulin which is the fat storage hormone. That's probably why many of us gain more when we eat at night.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #79
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Better!. I had not heard that, but it sure makes sense to me! Thanks for the info - I'm going to do some investigating on that.

I hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 11-14-2017, 06:45 AM   #80
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Quick one today. No exercise yesterday, and I had a binge last night. I just have to keep the big picture in mind though. First real binge in the month of November. I am making progress and learning more about what I need to do to continue decreasing this behavior in my life. I'm going to do some journaling and send it to my coach. Monday always seems to be a hard day for me, coming off the weekend. It's like I've lost my flow. Lots of thoughts about work and my career on my mind yesterday, which is driving my off kilter feelings.

Today is a fresh new day, and I'm going to get in a good cardio and weights dvd this morning before work. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

11/1 - about 177
11/2 - didn't weigh
11/3 - 174.4
11/4 - 172.8
11/5 - 172.6
11/6 - 173.2
11/7 - 173
11/8 - 172.8
11/9 - 172.8
11/10 - 173
11/11 - didn't weigh
11/12 - 172
11/13 - 173.2
11/14 - didn't weigh
Old 11-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #81
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

hi, Alene Darn it - I know that feeling. But you're being accountable and it was just a blip on the radar. Here's my pattern - I dial it in at the end of the month to have a nice, low starting weight for the month, and I sometimes have a slip up around the 2nd or 3rd of the month, because I've restricted myself too much and go a little off the rails. So, I understand what you mean about coming off the weekends. Get right back on track and you'll feel more in control in no time.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #82
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4
NOV 8 - 223.0
NOV 9 - 222.4
NOV 10 - 222.8
NOV 11 - 223.3
NOV 12 - 224.4
NOV 13 - 223.0
NOV 14 - 222.4

MENU

B: Bulletproof Coffee (HWC/BUTTER/COCONUT OIL)
L: Rotisserie chicken, banana peppers, black olives, string cheese, mayo
D: Baked Chicken, green beans in butter

WATER

67 OZ

EXERCISE:

30 Minuets Cardio/Strength training workout

ALENE: No medical issues I can attribute it to. I log every bit I eat in my tracker along with water and exercise. A typical day's macros are
5%C/28%P/67%F Calorie intake varies depending on whether or not I eat chicken or steak. Average is about 1500 net. I started drinking my BPC again to get my fats up. Seems to be helping. Thanks for the encouragement!

HAPPYMOM: Giving up is NOT an option! You just keep fighting the good fight and you'll reach your goals. What an amazing vacation to be going on! Cozumel is going to be GORGEOUS! You will most likely have tons of grilled fish and other meats to choose from. Lots of fresh veggies too! Remember that vodka (the unflavored kind) has no carbs! So mix it with things like diet red pop or diet orange or even diet root beer with a shot of HWC. Delish! Have fun!

KELI: I LOVE Pinterest for recipes, or anything! I want to grow my own herb garden and they have loads of ideas! So much fun. Your menu is looking great so I know your scale will be moving soon! I did see the honey garlic chicken and wondered if your doing Atkins because of the honey.

JULIE: Planning ahead will definitely SAVE you! We can enjoy the holiday and stick to our eating plans! Okay, it's hard but we CAN do it!

Have a great a great day everyone!

Old 11-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #83
khay2015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: khay2015
Stats: 273/221/150
Start Date: June 5, 2017
Hello everyone. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been an absolute crazy month at work for me and I have had next to no time to read the threads. But I'm still here and still low-carbing and just passed my 50 pound weight loss this week. 50 pounds since June 4. What a feeling that was. It's been hard as hell but I've hung in there. Fall of the wagon one day and get right back up on it again.

Menu:
B: Atkins shake
L: Turkey and cheese on a half Joseph's lavish bread, almonds
D: Meatballs with a sour cream and cream cheese sauce, salad with ranch

6-5: 273.5
6-30: 253.8
7-31: 244.0
8-31: 238.1
9-30: 230.4
10-30 227.2

11-3: 228.9 (TOM)
11-4: 228.4 (TOM)
11-7: 230.0 (TOM)
11-9: 226.0
11-10: 225.6
11-11: 224.4
11-12: 223.8
11-13: 224.4
11-14: 221.8
khay2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #84
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyMom
Stats: 207/159/150
Start Date: 2/15/16
khay CONGRATULATIONS!! 50 pounds, way to go!!

Casey and better Thanks for the insights on late night snacking. I was able to resist yesterday and the scale is way down, so I'm going to really focus on that. Casey, your idea of getting fat/protein for dinner is good, so I don't have to fight hunger. Thanks!

Lily Thanks for the food tips, and particularly the drink ideas!! Cuz you know I WILL be drinking! LOL.

Alene I hear you with Mondays, but good for you getting right back at it. You're doing so great!!

I'm going super-low-carb today and tomorrow, hoping to get down another pound or two before vacation. And thanks for the tips on minimizing damage while I'm gone. If I could just hold steady within a 2-3 pound range of where I am, that would be a successful vacation!!

Susan

November goal - 159

11/1 - 157.5
11/2 - 158.3
11/3 - 156.1
11/4 - DNW
11/5 - DNW
11/6 - 159.0
11/7 - 158.3
11/8 - 159.0
11/9 - 159.8
11/10 - 159.1
11/11 - 159.7
11/12 - 160.9
11/13 - 160.1
11/15 - 158.9
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #85
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone,

Late post for me. Feeling under the weather with PMS and cramps. Expecting TOM any day. I found two great recipes on pinterest yesterday. One was for an egg and cheese quiche that is actually suggested for an egg fast. So I made that and had it for dinner last night instead of my previously planned pork chop. There is plenty leftover and I had a slice for breakfast this morning and it reheated really nicely. The other recipe I found was a crock pot recipe for keto pulled pork tacos which I am making today and will have for dinner with low carb tortillas!

Lily - I don't follow a specific plan really, but as a rule I normally try to stay within 20g carbs or less. The honey in that chicken recipe was more of a "treat", but the overall carb count wasn't actually too bad. Slightly more than induction levels, but it satisfied my sweet tooth and prevented me from bingeing on something really bad. So it was a win!

khay - nice work!!!

B - egg and cheese crustless quiche
L - two meatballs with alfredo sauce
S - salami
D - pulled pork tacos on low carb tortilla

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 11-14-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Old 11-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #86
cstyles
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cstyles
Stats: 309/213/?160
WOE: Atkins, the "old" one
Start Date: restart 4/1/17
Hello, friends! I am here, reading all posts, but am not counting carbs. Diverticulitis is ruling my life, although I am not eating the bananas (allergic), rice/applesauce/toast that is recommended. I am having to eat more carbs to keep my digestive system happy. This has been cooking along for several months, and it is getting old! I am holding at 216, and hope to stay there till I can resume induction level carbs. Best wishes to all!!!

Cathy
cstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #87
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Great to hear from Cathy and Khay!! Congrats on 50 lbs Khay!

Kelly, your pulled pork tacos sound yummy!

Susan, you can do it! Then, enjoy your vacation! You can stay mostly on plan and still have amazing meals!

Lily, yes, we can get through this holiday season without much damage! I’m looking forward to my LC pumpkin cheesecake and will likely eat it for breakfast for the following week!

Alene, focus forward and don’t beat yourself up too much!

B: coffee with half and half, cinnamon KNOW cookie
S: macadamia nuts, almond crackers, Diet Coke
L: chicken taco soup, cherry Coke Zero, cheese stick, sf candy
D: skipped
Old 11-15-2017, 07:20 AM   #88
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Julie! I'm doing just that.

Cathy, I'm very sorry you're struggling right now. I hope that you are able to get back to a good place very soon where you're able to eat the way you want to without issues. Hugs to you.

Kelly, your food looks yummy! With this cooler weather I am doing more cooking. Thanks for the ideas! I should get on Pinterest now and then. There are a wealth of ideas there.

Susan, I was thinking about that phenomenon that you mentioned in your journal, about setting the plan in the morning and feeling so optimistic. Something seems to happen in the afternoon/evening and life seems/feels so different then! I read somewhere that we have a certain amount of discipline/energy to resist things, and if we use it up during the day then we have less later in the day. That makes sense to me. I'm working on figuring out how to manage my stress and also reduce the amount that I feel - at least the things that I have control over. Evening eating is a tough one for sure! You're going on a cruise, right? Where to again?

Khay, you're doing awesome!! You have been so consistent. Very well done.

Lily, nice drop on the scale!! Your food is looking good.

Yesterday was a good one. I ate well and had a nice strength workout in the morning. I really liked where I was working yesterday. It makes a TON of difference in how my day goes!! This is the big thing I need to figure out.

Today is a short day as we have early release on Wednesdays. I have a book on hold at the library so I'll go pick it up. Not sure what else I'll do today. Maybe read!! I'll do some cardio this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #89
nihold
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nihold
Stats: 205/203/150
Start Date: July 2015
Good morning,

Last night was the first night since we started having kids that everyone slept thru the night. I can't even tell you how great that was.

How is everyone doing?

I need to go back and read some posts!

khay - Congrats that is awesome!!!
Susan - I hope you have an awesome vacation !

I will catch up with everyone else's posts today I hope everyone is doing well.

Goals for November: 187
11/1 - 191
11/2 - 191.8
11/3- 191.2
11/4 - 191.4
11/5 - dnw
11/6 - 191.6
11/7 -193.2
11/8 -192
11/9 - 191.6
11/10 - dnw
11/11 - dnw
11/12- dnw
11/13 191.6
11/14 - 192.6
11/15 - 190.6

Menu-
B- Coffee, hwc, sf vanilla
l: Taco soup
D: Taco soup
snack- celery and ranch, or hard boiled egg
149 BMI 24.8 normal
Upper Limit 140
Lower Limit 135

Nichole
nihold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #90
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Another late post for me, been a busy day. The pulled pork tacos I made yesterday turned out AWESOME. And I found a great easy recipe for homemade low carb tortillas that are way better than the store bought ones and much healthier!

Low Carb Tortillas

Ingredients:

8 egg whites
1/3 cup of coconut flour
10 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder

Instructions:

Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine. Will be a uniform, watery mixture. Coat an 8" skillet with cooking spray or butter. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure out into heated skillet. As quickly as possible tilt the skillet on all edges to spread the batter as thin as possible. Allow to cook for a few minutes until you lift it and see that it is starting to brown on the underside. Flip and cook for 1 additional minute. Repeat process until all batter is cooked. I used an 8" omelette pan and the 1/4 cup measuring cup for each tortilla and the mixture yielded 8 taco-size tortillas.

Nutrition Per Serving (makes 8 servings)

Cal - 38
Carb - 3g
Protein - 4.3g
Fat - 0.8g
Fiber - 1.7g
Net Carbs - 1.3g

B - egg and cheese crustless quiche
L - skipped
S - salmon jerky
D - leftover pulled pork tacos

Kelly