Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #31
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi all! I see some familiar faces here, and some new ones. I pop in to the A72 thread, but someone mentioned this was much more active, and it's essentially the same as A72, so I thought I'd pop over. I've done Atkins for almost 3 years in a row now, and plan to do it forever this time around!

This year I've struggled maintaining my 100 lb loss, going up and down as much as 30 lbs. I've finally gotten to a stable place, and have lost 20 of that 30 in the last couple months! I'm working hard at getting back down to base level before the holidays, and then working to maintain over the holidays. That's a big challenge, but it's one I need to figure out, cuz I'm tired of the holidays sabotaging me every year, KWIM???

I justn bought a ketone/glucose meter, and am starting to measure daily so I can see what is kicking me out of ketosis. Obivously Atkins with all real foods and under 20 total carbs is not a problem. It's the net carb thing that throws me off, and I"m trying to figure out exactly how much of that I can do, if any. I'm also trying to see if any of the artificial sweeteners are worse for me than others. I don't know much about what I'm doing, but I'm trying to learn!

Lastly, I'm incorporating some fasting right now. Supposed to lower insulin levels and help with insulin resistence.
Glad to be here!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #32
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyMom
Stats: 207/159/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/15/16
Well, stress eating caught up with me again. Great weekend, but very busy. I chaperoned the marching band to a competition in the central valley on Saturday, had dinner at a friend's house, then had a church parent gathering at my house while also providing dinner for the youth group at the same time. I know I stress eat, but this weekend sure proved it!! Yesterday I was soooo full but I still ate anything I could get my hands on after everyone left. So this morning I'm throwing out all the nuts and danger foods and starting fresh.

We have a big vacation (really two back-to-back trips) in 10 days, and I know I'll be having indulgences there, so I just want to get to a good steady weight before I go.

Alene Great job on the regular exercise! That's so important, and so hard to do!! And how great that you have a friend that's an expert in keto. I had a friend who started with a keto-based program at the same time as I did, and we used to walk and go to lunch together, but she got a job and I lost my weight loss buddy. It was so helpful to have her there!

Kelly Glad you're feeling better. Sock indentations are always a bad sign LOL. Stay away from the scale until they're gone; I know how much a bad weigh-in messes with my head, so don't want you to have one and get discouraged.

Pam Wow you are busy! Have fun with the kids home; I always enjoy days off but they also completely throw off my schedule and keep me from getting anything done. I hope all your vehicles start to behave and just work already.

Cathy Good job getting back at it! This time change never bothers me, interestingly enough. It's the one in springtime that just kills me. But I can always stay up late!

Lily Congrats on the losses! I totally relate to you with the Atkins products and special treats - I have to avoid all that stuff or I get absolutely no results at all.

Julie Congrats on holding steady. I hope you enjoyed Thor. I am dying to see it but I keep trying to go with my teen-agers who make other plans at the last minute. I'm probably just going to go without them because I REALLY want to see Chris Hemsworth on the big screen.

Happy Monday, everyone! Let's keep going strong!

Susan

November goal - 155

11/1 - 157.5
11/2 - 158.3
11/3 - 156.1
11/4 - DNW
11/5 - DNW
11/6 - 159.0
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #33
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/147/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Hi Alene!

I am happy to share!

Crock Pot Low Carb Taco Soup
Ingredients
2lb ground beef (can also use ground pork or sausage)
2 8-oz packages of cream cheese
2 cans of RoTel
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
4 cups of chicken broth
shredded cheese and cilantro for garnish optional

Directions:
1) Brown ground beef until fully cooked
2) While meat is browning, place cream cheese, RoTel and taco seasoning in crock pot
3) Drain any grease off of meat and put meat in the crock pot. Stir to combine with cheese and RoTel.
4) Pour chicken broth over meat and cheese
5) Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours
6) Serve and garnish bowls with cheese and/or cilantro

Makes 8 servings
Per serving: 547 cal, 33g protein, 5g carb, 1g fiber, 43g fat

Casey - I wonder if this can be adapted for the instant pot?!

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 11-06-2017 at 09:51 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #34
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
hi, Kelly!. Lol - as I was reading your recipe, I was thinking exactly that! I haven't used it yet - but this looks like a good one! I want to start trying each function with different meat - will skip the rice cooker function though - ha.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #35
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 185/178.4/128 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi better Funny that you said you checked in on the Atkin's 72'. I have been rereading it over the last two days. Great minds think alike

Kelly - That's very similar to the recipe I use, but I only put one package of cream cheese. It is very yummy....Perfect for fall.

Susan - I still think you are doing great!

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #36
fembomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: 5'4" HW 215 LW 134 CW 164 GW 109-139?
WOE: Atkins Pescatarian Fish is main protein
Start Date: Atkins since 1998/Lifting Weights
BETTERTHANEVER WELCOME!!

PAM I am sorry for your suffering I wish you would try this LD colostrum I am using but it does cost money obviously ..I swear I think it would Help you..I feel for you on the headaches as I get shingles headaches if I am late taking my colostrum dose they are terrible I usually tie a piece of cloth tightly on my head to relieve some of the intensity ..you cannot think or function with a headache ..I empathize with all your sufferings as your situation often mimics my own experiences ..i want so much for you to be out of all the fighting daily moment by moment struggle just to survive ..

ALENE Wishing you well on your work with a coach ..

KELLY Good to hear you are doing Better ..loong 2 weeks huh?

LILY this is what I am doing also 6 days a week I work out ..i have noticed that the weeks I don’t work out my scale weight STALLS ..i am slowly but surely gaining my muscle back its daunting how much muscle I have lost but I eat the elephant one bite at a time ..

CATHY Good for you getting back on track in spite of negative thinking ..i have to do this Often get myself back on track..and..Thank You So Much Dear for your empathy and for that information..i will give it a go this new year Right now I must locate somehow 25,000 to have a tooth extracted and have my entire mouth rebuilt..i had PERFECT Teeth before all this began ..i now look like a meth addict from the damage the acid has done to my teeth..according to my dentist I have extensive acid damage from the first year or so of this unknown disease apparently my mouth was trying to act as a stomach and digest the food as I slept etc..my mouth now has normal ph balance and no more damage is being done..but what has been done makes me look like Lucille ball on I love lucy when she puts in hillbilly teeth and pretends to be a country bumpkin for Rickys photo shoot..25,000 (not including anesthesiologist) just to get my mouth to a temporary status and then to complete the procedure it will cost another 30,000 these are the estimates given to me by the dentist who is going to rebuild my mouth .. I wish I could find a way to go to mexico and have all this done I am sure it would be a fraction of this cost..However the pain I am in does not exactly warrant me flying on a plane as it is very difficult for me to sit for any length of time over 10 minutes the pain is too intense in my intestines.. my dentist said I can do it without using the anesthesiologist and just take ativan during the procedure I am allergic to laughing gas but not allergic to lidocaine so I should be okay and be able to do it for under 25 the tooth extraction I will have to be put under for that because I have a deep infection in a broken root canal..I am hoping when my father comes back for Christmas that he will help me.. I have never in my life borrowed money and I do not intend to start ..however I am very poor ..my father is quite wealthy but rather a thrifty fellow who does not enjoy being generous but this is my first idea to fix my teeth..perhaps he will show some compassion on my situation ..after I deal with my teeth at least get them to the point they are no longer contributing to the shingles I get in my head ..i will concentrate on again Trying to get the medical community to help me with the root of my problem which of course is still Undefined ..
July 194/Aug 186/Sept 177/Oct 173/Nov 169/Dec 164/ Jan
5'4" LW 134 @ 19% BodyFat
Saline Breast 44" Chest 38" Ribcage Under Implants

~i dont do taxi cabs..i Do Limos~
Old 11-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #37
fembomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: 5'4" HW 215 LW 134 CW 164 GW 109-139?
WOE: Atkins Pescatarian Fish is main protein
Start Date: Atkins since 1998/Lifting Weights
Weighed in at 168.6

I am changing my November Goal from 166 to 164 i may as well Try to reach it

I was not able to access my own scale yesterday so i didnt weigh until today
When i am at my mums i dont like to use her scale as it weighs on the Low end
And increases False Hope..

I was Again Poisoned this week..
I did try some new foods and i think i tried too many too close together
This is the first time i have been poisoned since the end of August i think
AND the Good news..the New Colostrum toned down the experience
I had all the usual issues however i did not Get Dehydrated
I Always get severely dehydrated when this happens this time it did not happen
In addition the pain was far less than usual
In fact every time this happens either my sister or mother has to come to my aide
I lived thru it all day on my own
So this is an improvement
July 194/Aug 186/Sept 177/Oct 173/Nov 169/Dec 164/ Jan
5'4" LW 134 @ 19% BodyFat
Saline Breast 44" Chest 38" Ribcage Under Implants

~i dont do taxi cabs..i Do Limos~
Old 11-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #38
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StrgzrLily
Stats: 240/230/170
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 10/1/11
START/NOW/GOAL
240/222.6/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6

MENU

B: Coffee with HWC
L: Broccoli/Cauliflower/Bacon/Red Onion/Mayo salad
D: Ribeye with onions and butter

WATER

64 OZ

Exercise:
No gym on weekends

Fly by....have a great day everyone!

~~~Fall Nine Times, Rise Ten!~~~
StrgzrLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:48 AM   #39
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Busy day today. Making a chicken chili in the crock pot for dinner. It's a new recipe so we will see if its any good. I have been going through my freezer trying to use up a few things. We are getting a whole cow in December. So excited. Nothing better than grass fed steaks and roasts sitting in the freezer

fembomb - I am hanging in there. It will get worse over time and probably kill me but for now just taking it day by day and trying to eat organics and whole food, Atkin's, Paleo and get some weight off but eat clean. I am mad at myself that I didn't buy organic lettuce yesterday. I got regular, but had the cash for organics. Need to watch that more. Less foods, but better quality. Your teeth just sound awful. I will pray for you and hope you get better. Stay strong!

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, stevia, green bean casserole
L - 6oz. chicken salad
D - pork chop, 1 cup salad, acorn squash, spoonful baked cabbage
S - decaf, stevia, hwc

Weights:
Nov 1 - 178.8
Nov 3 - 180.6
Nov 4 - 178
Nov 5 - 178.6
Nov 6 - 178.8
Nov 7 - 178.4

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #40
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alene
Stats: 195/170.6/145
WOE: Lower Carb
Good morning everyone, and happy Tuesday!

Welcome Better! Good to have you back.

Susan, sorry about your weekend. I hope Monday was a really good day for you.

Good day yesterday. I did Ramp It Up, and Beachbody workout. Really enjoyed it a lot. My energy and mood was really good too, which is the really so important to me. 6 days with no binges. That makes me very happy too.

Today it's back to work and then going to a yoga class tonight with my friend.

11/1 - about 177
11/2 - didn't weigh
11/3 - 174.4
11/4 - 172.8
11/5 - 172.6
11/6 - 173.2
11/7 - 173
Alene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #41
nihold
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nihold
Stats: 205/203/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2015
Happy Tuesday!

The weekend went b fast. Friday night I had to take my little one to Urgent care. Swollen tonsils and ear infection. It seems the cold season has struck us early.

Kelly- I love that soup in fact I should make myself some this week.
Susan- I am right there with you and the stress eating hang in there.
Pam- The Chicken Chili sounds awesome!
Alene- Good job it sounds like you are doing awesome.

Goals for November: 187
11/1 - 191
11/2 - 191.8
11/3- 191.2
11/4 - 191.4
11/5 - dnw
11/6 - 191.6
11/7 - 193.2

Menu
B- coffee, sf creamer, 2 hard boiled eggs
L- deli meat and cheese rollups, broccoli and ranch
D- burger
149 BMI 24.8 normal
Upper Limit 140
Lower Limit 135

Nichole
nihold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #42
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody,

Busy day today for me. I made some awesome coconut lime shrimp last night! Trying to experiment with more recipes lately, and this one was very quick and easy.

Coconut Lime Shrimp
Ingredients:
1Tbsp Olive Oil
1lb Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup Coconut Cream
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Sriracha
salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning or whatever seasoning you prefer for seasoning the shrimp

Directions:
1) In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and season. Cook until pink, 2 min per side
2) Pour coconut cream , lime juice and Sriracha over the shrimp and stir to combine.
3) Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 min.

This literally took like 10 minutes from start to finish and it was awesome!! I garnished with red pepper flakes.

Nutrition (makes 3 servings)
Per Serving: 326 cal, 22.4g fat, 5.7g carb, 0g fiber, 2.1g sugar, 30.4g protein

B - sausage, bacon and cheese omelette with hot sauce; energy drink
L - leftover coconut lime shrimp
D - leftover taco soup

Kelly

Old 11-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #43
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4

MENU

B: Scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon
L: Burger, green beans, side salad with ranch
D: Nuthin

WATER

64 OZ

Exercise:
Treadmill, half hour, couch to 5K

PAM: This time of year always makes me hungry for thick soup and stews. Your chicken chili sounds great. I love green chilies and wondered if they were in your recipe.

ALENE: Beachbody workouts are kick butt! I tried on once and ended up laying on my living room floor looking at the dust bunnies under my couch. Great job!!!

NIHOLD: Sorry to hear about your little one. I sure hope he/she is feeling better. My sons are grown but I remember those days and the worry and concern when you baby gets sick. I looked at your menu and it looks a lot like mine does.

KELI: I love shrimp! I read your recipe and the only ingredient that threw up an induction red flag was the coconut cream. I'm putting this one on my list of things to try. Thank you!!!

Scale is hovering and I want to eat everything in sight. The cravings are ridiculous. I had a hysterectomy in 07, so I'm thinking I might be cycling as I still have my ovaries. Looking at regular recipes isn't helping.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #44
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 235/173.4/165
WOE: Atkins/IF 16:8
Start Date: 1/1/2013 (restart 1/30/17)
Happy Tuesday! Crazy week so far trying to deal with teacher workdays so no school for my 10 year old and insane schedule at work. You guys are making me want some soup or chili. Both sound yummy! I’m eating too much right now and need to get back on the intermittent fasting and skip dinner. I did it tonight but am feeling hungry, which usually doesn’t happen. Hopefully my body gets used to it quickly again. I may need to weigh more often than weekly for a bit to ensure I’m good.

It’s cold and rainy here, which is a pain given we have a new dog we are trying to housebreak. She’s adorable but needs to learn some manners. I wish I had more time to spend working with her. I’m really looking forward to the long weekend!

I hope everyone has a great night!
Old 11-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #45
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Had a yummy cobb salad for lunch with the ladies. I will have to make that more at home. Unfortunately I also indulge in some wine with them which lead to me wanting something sweet so I had cup of frozen berries last night. They were good and worked to curb the sweet craving I was having. An ok choice I guess but not induction. Oh well....The chicken chili was very good although it's not white like the recipe said. It was more of a soup but still we all liked it.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, stevia, 3 oz chicken salad
L - cobb salad, wine
D - chicken chili
S - berries

Weights:
Nov 1 - 178.8
Nov 3 - 180.6
Nov 4 - 178
Nov 5 - 178.6
Nov 6 - 178.8
Nov 7 - 178.4
Nov 8 - 178.4

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128

Last edited by pcaltman; 11-08-2017 at 06:35 AM..
Old 11-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #46
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

Our hearty, bean-free Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili takes just 10 minutes to prep! Great for busy weeknights & freezer meal cooking sessions. Paleo | Whole30 | Dairy-free
Author: The Real Food Dietitians
Recipe type: Soups & Stews, Paleo, Whole30
Serves: 5

INGREDIENTS:
1 ½ lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 Tbsp. ghee or avocado oil (for stovetop version only)
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium bell pepper, any color
1 small jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed and finely diced
6 cloves garlic. minced
2 ½ tsp. ground cumin (add more to taste)
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. chili powder (add more to taste)
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
4 cups organic chicken broth (or homemade bone broth) for thicker soup reduce broth to 2-3 cups
1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
Juice of ½ lime
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish, optional

INSTRUCTIONS:
Slow Cooker Directions
Add onion, peppers, garlic and spices (cumin through black pepper) to the bottom of a slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in a single layer.
Add broth and place lid on slow cooker.
Set heat to LOW and cook 7-8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker.
Turn heat to HIGH. Add coconut milk, stir and replace lid. Continue heating an additional 10-15 minutes or until soup is heated through.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.

Stovetop Directions:
Place a large saucepan with lid (or Dutch oven) over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. ghee or coconut oil and allow to melt. When ghee just starts to shimmer, add onions and peppers. Saute 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion and peppers starts to soften.
Add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Continue to cook an additional 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
Lay chicken in pan over the onion and pepper mixture. Add 2 cups broth and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken in the pan using two forks.
Add remaining 2 cups of broth and coconut milk and return to a simmer. Cover pan and allow chili to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped parsley and lime wedges, if desired.

Instant Pot Directions:
Select 'Saute' function on Instant Pot
Add oil. When oil is melted, add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno.
Saute 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion and peppers starts to soften.
Add garlic and spices and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Press 'Cancel'. Add chicken breasts and broth.
Lock lid into place. Turn vent valve to 'Sealing' position.
Select 'Manual' setting and set cook time to 20 minutes.
When cook time is up, allow pressure to naturally release 5-10 minutes then release remaining pressure using quick-release method (i.e. flip the vent valve to 'Venting' position)
Add coconut milk, lime juice and fresh cilantro. Stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Serving size: ⅕ recipe Calories: 327 Fat: 17g Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 676mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 28g

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #47
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Quickie post this morning. Yesterday was good. Lots of exercise. Did a 30 minute cardio dvd in the AM, ran around and played some basketball at work, and then a 1 hour hot yoga class last night. It was very hot and sweaty!! Food was good. I had a run in with some cookies when we took our group of students to a cookie shop on our outing. Everyone got one, and I ended up just getting one little nibbler cookie. That often would have sent me on a binge later since I felt "deprived," but I was able to stay on track and just have savored that one little cookie.

11/1 - about 177
11/2 - didn't weigh
11/3 - 174.4
11/4 - 172.8
11/5 - 172.6
11/6 - 173.2
11/7 - 173
11/8 - 172.8
Old 11-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #48
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Alene - You're doing great

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #49
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Hey everybody,

I'm loving all the recipe sharing going on! Thanks for the chili recipe, Pam!

Lily - glad you like the shrimp recipe! Alternately you can use unsweetened coconut milk, but I used the unsweetened coconut cream just for a little added thickness. I was glad as well to see that it was very low in carbs. Just make sure you get unsweetened!

In line with Julie's post, I, too, find that I'm eating too much. I've thought about intermittent fasting, but I just don't see how I can sustainably restrict my food window and make it work for my lifestyle. My biggest problem is that I truly look forward to my breakfast which I typically have at my desk at work mid-morning. I usually get a made-to-order omelette at the cafeteria here at work, and eat around 9:45. Unfortunately, the cafeteria stops serving breakfast at 10:00, and you have to get your omelette order in by 9:30 or you're out of luck. I could try to start bringing my low carb breakfast burrito again, and that way I probably could eat even later (if my schedule allows) but until I get back to my maintenance range I've been trying to avoid eating low carb tortillas regularly. And I'm picky so hard boiled eggs aren't an option for me because I don't like them. I don't really crave a cold breakfast anyway, so besides a hot omelette or other type of egg option that's warm, I don't have any other LC breakfast ideas that I can easily have at work. Years ago I always used to skip breakfast, but now it's probably my favorite meal of the day and I just don't see myself getting to a point where I am ok with skipping it again.

Then there's lunchtime. If I eat a large breakfast later in the morning, then I'm typically not really very hungry for lunch. But then I find by the time I get home from work around 4 or 5:00 all I am thinking about is food and dinner. Then I try to eat dinner between 6 and 7pm but it never fails, I always crave something at 9 or 10:00 (and I usually stay up until 11 or 12). This is usually the time of day that I screw everything up and eat too many calories, or heaven forbid, something off plan.

I've read so many of your success stories with IF and wonder if it could work for me, but then I examine my daily routine and see that I have some limitations because I don't really want to deviate too much from my routine because I enjoy it too much. The one thing I'd like to change is the snacking after dinner. If I could get that under control, then I'd be technically doing almost a 15 hour fast window between dinner and breakfast. But I don't know any other way to curb the cravings at the end of the day than sheer willpower!!!

So that's my current struggle. I feel that I need to get back to that 14 hour window in order to really get back to my maintenance range and stay there. So that is what I am working on! I think I probably need to cut some calories either from my breakfast or my dinner and leave room for a good LC snack midday in order to do this successfully. Trying to come up with a plan that will work!!

In other news, I'm expecting TOM next week so along with the water weight lingering from my surgery, I also probably have some bloat from PMS. I STILL feel bloated and full after my big omelette breakfast this morning and it's almost 1:30 in the afternoon!! Ughhh

B - omelette with bacon, sausage, cheese and hot sauce
L - skipped, drank water
D - no plan (we have dog training tonight and I planned very poorly). Will probably end up getting some kind of fast food burger without the bun.

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 11-08-2017 at 12:25 PM..
Old 11-08-2017, 12:30 PM   #50
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4
NOV 8 - 223.0 WHAT!?

MENU

B: Nothing
L: Ribeye w/onions and butter
D: Hamburger steak with cheese/mayo, green beans in butter

WATER

32 OZ

Exercise:

No gym, knee is soar

JULIE: What is intermittent fasting? Do you just not eat dinner? Congrats on the new puppy, what kind is she? I've had a JRT for 16 years and she never leaves my side. If I have leg cramps she does laps around the house too! I LOVE dogs!

PAM: I love Cobb salad without the corn that sometimes comes on it. It has a lot of different flavors so it's always interesting. The berries, your right, not bad. Sugar cravings are the worst. Good job for managing it well. Thanks for posting that recipe! I just got an instant pot and am trying to find new things to make in it. It looks fun to make.

ALENE: HOLY COW girl! You are kicking butt with the exercise! Great job! I was reading that and thought, she could have eaten a dozen cookies without making a difference! (not really but). Super job!

KELI: How lucky your are to have access to a cafeteria where they make your food to order! I'm not sure what intermittent eating is so I cannot comment there but what a wonderful resource for you! I find that if I eat anything after 6PM, I either don't lose or I gain a little. Eating early is a pain though cause those munchies always come along. I munch on roasted pecans if the cravings get too bad. Keep after it, you'll find your groove.

Okay, so I must be on my period. Those numbers on the scale are not moving. I cut back on salt and am making sure I get all my water in. The WHOOSH fairy better show up tomorrow or I'm having pizza! LOL, NOT.

Last edited by StrgzrLily; 11-08-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 11-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #51
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 235/173.4/165
WOE: Atkins/IF 16:8
Start Date: 1/1/2013 (restart 1/30/17)
Lily, there are a lot of options with intermittent fasting, but it’s basically narrowing your eating window. Some do more extreme options where they only eat for a very short window during the day (1-2 hours) but I do the 16:8 version where I fast for 16 hours and eat only during an 8 hour window. For me, skipping dinner is easiest but many others choose to skip breakfast. Like Kelly, I love my breakfast and often get an omelette at work. However, I also struggle with wanting snacks in the evening. With IF, it’s a mental thing where food is no longer an option in the evenings. I only eat from 6am to 2pm and I have breakfast, lunch and a snack. I do well with it during the week but it’s harder to skip dinner on the weekends as we often eat out or order in. As I’m moving to more of a maintenance mode over the holidays I’m hoping that will be enough.

Great job Alene with your exercise! I need to get motivated again to do more. I’m slacking lately.

Pam, now I want some white chicken chili and a Cobb salad! Love them both!

B: coffee with HWC, LC bagel with cream cheese
L: roasted pork loin, Caesar salad, Diet Coke
S: macadamia nuts, ranch flavored At Last protein beans, cherry Coke Zero

Have a great night!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:52 AM   #52
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies,

Woke up a bit swollen this am. I should know better than to get on the scale when I am swelling. Just habit I guess. Raining again today. Frig is looking pretty empty so time to be a bit creative for foods. The worst is no eggs. I miss my omelette you all are talking about. We have 46 chicken and nobody is laying right now. twice a year they molt and lose all their feathers. When the feathers grow back they stop laying to use that energy to grow new feathers. I mean really 46 chickens and I get no eggs. Funny I was at the store the other day and just couldn't bring myself to buy any. I love my chicken eggs. They are pretty colors, I know what food they get and they are happy. Hope they start laying soon so I can have eggs again.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, stevia, 1/2 pork chop
L - 3 oz chicken salad, 1 cup salad caesar
D - 5 oz steak, jalapeno soup
S - decaf, hwc, stevia

Weights:
Nov 1 - 178.8
Nov 3 - 180.6
Nov 4 - 178
Nov 5 - 178.6
Nov 6 - 178.8
Nov 7 - 178.4
Nov 8 - 178.4
Nov 9 - 179

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-09-2017, 05:12 AM   #53
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
11/3 175
11/5 173
11/7 170
11/9 170

I've had a good month! On 11/3, I had just finished a 4 day fast. I find the first day extremely easy--no true hunger, only mental cravings. Days 2 or 3 can have some hard moments. I ate VLC 11/3-11/5, and continued to lose. I was amazed that I continued to drop! I have a feeling it will stabilize this week. I fasted M/T; ate VLC yesterday, because I was feeling really fatigued and I had a dance lesson Wed night. Fasting again today, and another dance lesson tonight. Not sure about Friday, because dh and I have a dance function that night, too, and I probably can't handle the spinning around if I'm still fasting. So I may eat Fri-Sun. Probably won't lose this week, but I know I'm still doing good things for my body.

My school kids don't realize I've lost weight, but I've gotten a lot of compliments on how I look lately. Maybe I'm just smiling more because I feel so good that I've finally taken off almost 30 lbs!
Old 11-09-2017, 06:14 AM   #54
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

better -

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #55
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Pam! So funny about all those chickens and no eggs. I totally understand you wanting to eat your own eggs when you have the very best option right at your home! Hopefully soon! Eggs are a staple for me too.

Kelly, sounds like you are doing a lot of thinking on the best way to reach and maintain your goals. IF is a powerful strategy for a lot of people. I know you will figure out what works best for your schedule and body!

Lily, ha ha! I wish the exercise would negate several cookies, but it doesn't seem to work that way!! Stay the course and your body will relent before long.

Thanks Julie!

BTE - looks like things are really moving in the right direction for you. I bet you're right that people are noticing you feeling better. But I'm sure you look great too!

Wednesday went well. No exercise as my body seemed to want a little rest. Eating was good. I made a cauliflower pizza with pepperoni and veggies. Very yum! I got in all my protein and stayed at 1,400 cals. Weight is just doing a little tiptoe down the scale, oh so slowly. That's fine. All those little .2's add up over time and will get me to my goal.

I'm going to do a cardio/strength dvd shortly. Hope everyone has a great day!

11/1 - about 177
11/2 - didn't weigh
11/3 - 174.4
11/4 - 172.8
11/5 - 172.6
11/6 - 173.2
11/7 - 173
11/8 - 172.8
11/9 - 172.8
Old 11-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #56
StrgzrLily
Senior LCF Member

START/GOAL
240/170

STATS:
NOV 1 - 226.4
NOV 2 - 223.6
NOV 3 - 223.0
NOV 4 - 222.6
NOV 5 - 222.4
NOV 6 - 222.6
NOV 7 - 222.4
NOV 8 - 223.0
NOV 9 - 222.4

MENU

B: Nothing
L: Ribeye w/onions and butter
D: Taco salad, ground beef seasoned with cumin, lettuce, few black olives, cheese, dab of sour cream

WATER

32 OZ

Exercise:

30 minutes on treadmill, incline at 15 slower pace but what a workout. Strength training machines.

JULIE: My hats off to you because fasting just isn't for me. Sometimes my brain feels like it's eating itself already. If it's working for you that's awesome!

PAM: You said it was cold and rainy plus your chickens have lost their feathers. I wouldn't lay eggs either! LOL I hope you feel better soon!

BETTER: Great job on your weight loss! I cannot imagine not eating for five days. Seems like more and more people are doing this but I don't think I'll ever be one. It makes you feel amazing when those complements start rolling in! Enjoy them, you've earned them!

ALENE: Your doing such a great job with your foods and exercise! Way to go!

I've been limping around on this knee for three days now and it's starting to get me down. I had my left foot/ankle reconstructed due to a running injury and now I'm concerned about my knee and hip. All I can do is get the weight off and keep strength training. Cravings weren't as bad today, thank you Jesus!

Old 11-10-2017, 04:57 AM   #57
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Not the best night last night tossing and turning and uncomfortable. Up on the scale a bit. Hubby decided to play a trick on me and when I got on the scale his foot was pressing down on the back so the scale read 199. I was sleepy as I just got out of bed so it took a minute for things to register in my head, but when they did I got mad. He laughed. Not the best way to wake up. Still can't figure out why I can't lose. This is starting to get to me. I ate a lot less and all induction yesterday and I gain. Whatever....Will still keep at it. Running to the store today for only a few thing because I only have $25 until pay day.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, stevia, 1 egg, 1tbsp green pepper, 1 tbsp onion, cheddar
L - ham & cauliflower soup
D - 1 burger patty, slice cheese, onion, 1 cup salad, caesar
S - decaf, hwc, stevia

Weights:
Nov 1 - 178.8
Nov 3 - 180.6
Nov 4 - 178
Nov 5 - 178.6
Nov 6 - 178.8
Nov 7 - 178.4
Nov 8 - 178.4
Nov 9 - 179
Nov 10 - 179.2

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-10-2017, 08:43 AM   #58
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Pam, I think I would be mad too! I understand your frustration. Have you tried tracking your food and macros? That might help you get more info to see if there is something you can tweak. Do you think your meds are affecting your weight?

Lily, thank you. Sounds like you had a great workout! I hope your knee and hip feel better. I really have to watch my knees too.

Yesterday was really challenging in the evening. I had an off day at work and didn't take any time to get calm and centered when I got home before starting dinner and then watching the game. In front of the TV is the worst for me. There is something about it that just makes me zone out and get disconnected from myself and what I really want. I got really munchy and had several extra snacks. The good thing is that I was much more aware of what I was doing and had an inner dialogue going on. I ended up at about 2,000 calories. But honestly, during a binge it can be several thousand calories above what I've already eaten for the day, so this is progress. Being more aware, and still tracking my food instead of just throwing caution to the wind. That's where the big damage happens. Weight was up just a little, and probably due more to the extra carbs than the extra calories.

I did Ramp It Up yesterday - a 45 minute cardio and weights dvd, plus danced with the students during our dance time.

11/1 - about 177
11/2 - didn't weigh
11/3 - 174.4
11/4 - 172.8
11/5 - 172.6
11/6 - 173.2
11/7 - 173
11/8 - 172.8
11/9 - 172.8
11/10 - 173
Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #59
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Alene - Yes I do think its the meds. Nothing I can do about really just should be glad I am about the same weight.

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 11-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #60
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Alene - you described a snacking binge so perfectly... that's exactly how it is for me too. I'm lucky if I get snacky and I can stop myself before it gets out of control, because when it does, you're right, it's probably several thousand unplanned calories. It's amazing how our cravings make us lose control like that sometimes. I definitely have been there!

Just taking one step at a time here still. We got snow here in Chicago today and I am hating it. But, it's a good weekend to stay inside and catch up on household stuff and fire up the crock pot!

B - omelette with bacon, sausage and cheese
L - buffalo grilled chicken wrap
D - baked chicken thigh with lemon cream sauce (low carb pinterest recipe I found)

Kelly