Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #151
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
My heart goes out to you and DW, Carly.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #152
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Carly, that sounds like a rough time for DW. I hope she heals quickly. I can imagine it's a stressful and aggravating time for both of you. Many wishes she has a clean bill of health soon.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #153
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thank you dear JBs. Iím feeling overwhelmed and feel like Iím becoming a little depressed. This stress with DWís health, work stress and the dark cold weather is really taking a toll. I was crying while walking at lunch, cried at the hospital while visiting DW and twice since Iíve been home. I normally donít cry but twice a year... so, Iím concerned.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:48 AM   #154
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Thank you dear JBs. Iím feeling overwhelmed and feel like Iím becoming a little depressed. This stress with DWís health, work stress and the dark cold weather is really taking a toll. I was crying while walking at lunch, cried at the hospital while visiting DW and twice since Iíve been home. I normally donít cry but twice a year... so, Iím concerned.
Oh Carly, that's horrible. Is there someone you can talk to?
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #155
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Oh Carly, that's horrible. Is there someone you can talk to?
Yes- I have some really close friends I can talk to.

The good news is that I just got home with DW about an hour ago. Of course, the insurance is denying some of the medications she was discharged on, so we are battling that right now, but it will be good to have her here now.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #156
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Good news, Carly. Give the Ins. Co. hell. Be well.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #157
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Good news, Carly. Give the Ins. Co. hell. Be well.
They denied Humalog but approved Novalog. Heading out now to get that. They are still denying Metformin- seriously?!? Metformin (generic of course) is cheap- WTH?

Old 11-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #158
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So glad to hear DW is home. Hopefully she will continue to improve.

Do you have extra time off this coming week?
Old 11-18-2017, 04:50 PM   #159
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
So glad to hear DW is home. Hopefully she will continue to improve.

Do you have extra time off this coming week?
My vacation starts on Thursday. I'm off Thursday and don't go back till 12/4/17. We were supposed to be going to St. Thomas, which was canceled due to the hurricanes. We have tickets to go to Florida to see my parents on the Monday after Thanksgiving. DW wants to go, but I think we need to play it by ear. It's over a week away, so she might be fine to go.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #160
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you get to go. Some warm weather is just what you both need!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #161
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Hope you get to go. Some warm weather is just what you both need!
Agree. I think we will be able to, but not being overly optimistic just yet.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #162
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Carly, I pleased DW is home and really hope you are able to get to Florida. I am very concerned about your mental health though. Please take time to cherish yourself. Physically as well as mentally. Vent here often.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #163
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Carly, I pleased DW is home and really hope you are able to get to Florida. I am very concerned about your mental health though. Please take time to cherish yourself. Physically as well as mentally. Vent here often.
Thanks Cindy. Some of the stress is lifted having DW home and hopefully, this short week at work will be enough to get caught up so I can really relax while I'm off. I think the warm air and slightly longer daylight hours in Florida will be good, too.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #164
Kissa

You deserve some TLC.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 AM   #165
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Carly - I'm so pleased to read that DW is home. I confess myself permanently baffled by what insurance will or will not cover.

You need your vacation so much.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:29 AM   #166
Kissa

How's tricks Slow? Still struggling?

Old 11-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #167
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Carly- super happy to hear that DW is home! Hopefully just being home will help her to heal up even faster. Keeping my fingers crossed that you both will have some nice warm FL time.
I don't know this for a fact but I think that sometimes what insurance will cover and not cover is from what the company's negotiate between them. Its a bit twisted our insurance industry, for sure. I don't understand it either.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #168
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Carly- super happy to hear that DW is home! Hopefully just being home will help her to heal up even faster. Keeping my fingers crossed that you both will have some nice warm FL time.
I don't know this for a fact but I think that sometimes what insurance will cover and not cover is from what the company's negotiate between them. Its a bit twisted our insurance industry, for sure. I don't understand it either.
I have been told the bolded is a fact. Honestly- it's really sad, but insurance and pharma are big, powerful, industries here in the US.

I have had a really productive morning at work, so feeling some of the stress dissipating. DW is at home resting and definitely doing better than this time last week, so that is good.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #169
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Carly so very relieved and happy for you both!

Just checking in - I am pretty stressed/ticked off about work. Namely, my psycho manager (many of you may remember her anti-ethical antics from May...somehow, she is still alive and kicking) unsurprisingly gave me a crummy performance review. She was 1 of out of 10 - apparently everyone else said really nice things about me, and I was still given a good rating. But the lady who handles my review (a sort of mentor-type person) suggested that I look for another position - not because my job is in jeopardy by any stretch, but just because of my mental health and happiness. Psycho is going to stay in the job, and it is well-known how difficult she is (to not say impossible) - she has one of the worst reputations as a manager. And the mentor lady is absolutely right - I need to stop denying that this is a sustainable situation and start looking. It is going to take some time, and it is scary. But not as scary as the prospect of being managed by this person long-term!

We celebrated Thanksgiving last night, since having it on a Thursday is just a pain - no national holiday here, DH has fitness stuff in the evening. It was really nice! Just the mashed potatoes rather gummy. I am almost ready to get back in track with JUDDD.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #170
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Carly so very relieved and happy for you both!

Just checking in - I am pretty stressed/ticked off about work. Namely, my psycho manager (many of you may remember her anti-ethical antics from May...somehow, she is still alive and kicking) unsurprisingly gave me a crummy performance review. She was 1 of out of 10 - apparently everyone else said really nice things about me, and I was still given a good rating. But the lady who handles my review (a sort of mentor-type person) suggested that I look for another position - not because my job is in jeopardy by any stretch, but just because of my mental health and happiness. Psycho is going to stay in the job, and it is well-known how difficult she is (to not say impossible) - she has one of the worst reputations as a manager. And the mentor lady is absolutely right - I need to stop denying that this is a sustainable situation and start looking. It is going to take some time, and it is scary. But not as scary as the prospect of being managed by this person long-term!

We celebrated Thanksgiving last night, since having it on a Thursday is just a pain - no national holiday here, DH has fitness stuff in the evening. It was really nice! Just the mashed potatoes rather gummy. I am almost ready to get back in track with JUDDD.
I know that leaving a job can be scary, but it can also be extremely liberating. I have had my share of awful bosses and that is just soul-eroding- at least it has been for me. I gather you are not in the office with her day-in and day-out so that probably reduce some amount of soul erosion, but still. I'm sure there is something better on the horizon.

Old 11-20-2017, 01:03 PM   #171
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I know that leaving a job can be scary, but it can also be extremely liberating. I have had my share of awful bosses and that is just soul-eroding- at least it has been for me. I gather you are not in the office with her day-in and day-out so that probably reduce some amount of soul erosion, but still. I'm sure there is something better on the horizon.
Thanks Carly! Correct, I am not in the office with her (I only see her 2-3 times a year in person, and only talk to her on the phone 2-3 times a week). Still, I am going to be stuck in a rut - I am not in any danger of being let go (on the contrary, I was told extra-officially by the evaluation lady that I would be very difficult to replace, and that is not in the cards at all), but she is not going to vouch for me to grow in the role no matter what I do (I was also told by the eval lady that it seems to be a perception thing, which is very difficult to change - she obviously doesn't like me because I reported her and she was disciplined). So yes - I have to get moving! It will probably be to a different role within the same company, with a different manager to report to. Have to start looking in earnest.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #172
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
*pops in*

Hola everyone! I’m still alive! I tried to go back and catch up but realized that’s a tall order when you haven’t posted in over a month!!! the move to IL happened 10/18 and I feel like it’s been go go go since then! We have had to change course with plans and things have definitely thrown us for a loop! We initially thought wed be staying with my mom for a awhile and even considered buying another house because we have such a great tenant in our condo. We were even working with a realtor and then said tenant asks to break the lease in December to move closer to her new job! it actually works out in our favor so we only have to stay at my moms for a little over a month but it put our dreams of owning something bigger on the back burner it also ended up costing me $1000 in tuition for private school for my DD that had the tenant told me sooner I could have saved myself but I should’ve been upfront with her that we were moving back, maybe if we had talked to each other this could’ve gone more seamlessly. But hey you live and learn. So yea I get to move back into my condo, but boo that my daughter has to switch schools again after only a month of being here. I’ve been running around shopping for furnishings for our home and am looking forward to finally being on our own again for the first time in 2 years!

As for juddd surprisingly I’ve been doing quite well! I have been hanging tough on a 4:3 since coming back to IL. I’ve been zero food fasting m-w-f without skipping a beat and my weight has been as low as 162 on a dd. One thing I have changed is I have not been LC, I pretty much have been eating whatever on UD’s , weekends being a bit more uuad! Because of this I hit my week low on a Friday and the bounce is big come Monday weigh in. So I bounce 162 to 167-169 but I do t freak out cause I know a dd or two straightens me out. It’s not bad since I’m not counting cals and I’m eating what I want but I know it’s maintenance, I’ll have to count cals and possibly EOD to lose any further but for right now I’m fine where I’m at.

Oh another bit of news, I have a job! I started applying before i even left NJ and ended up getting lucky with company that wanted me part-time and pretty much let me set my hours! It’s great pay too and I’ve been employed 3 weeks now! So happy to be back home and have things turning around for my family anywho Got to get to bed, hope all of you are doing well! I’ll make sure to check in more often!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 11-20-2017 at 09:12 PM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:36 AM   #173
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
*pops in*

Hola everyone! Iím still alive! I tried to go back and catch up but realized thatís a tall order when you havenít posted in over a month!!! the move to IL happened 10/18 and I feel like itís been go go go since then! We have had to change course with plans and things have definitely thrown us for a loop! We initially thought wed be staying with my mom for a awhile and even considered buying another house because we have such a great tenant in our condo. We were even working with a realtor and then said tenant asks to break the lease in December to move closer to her new job! it actually works out in our favor so we only have to stay at my moms for a little over a month but it put our dreams of owning something bigger on the back burner it also ended up costing me $1000 in tuition for private school for my DD that had the tenant told me sooner I could have saved myself but I shouldíve been upfront with her that we were moving back, maybe if we had talked to each other this couldíve gone more seamlessly. But hey you live and learn. So yea I get to move back into my condo, but boo that my daughter has to switch schools again after only a month of being here. Iíve been running around shopping for furnishings for our home and am looking forward to finally being on our own again for the first time in 2 years!

As for juddd surprisingly Iíve been doing quite well! I have been hanging tough on a 4:3 since coming back to IL. Iíve been zero food fasting m-w-f without skipping a beat and my weight has been as low as 162 on a dd. One thing I have changed is I have not been LC, I pretty much have been eating whatever on UDís , weekends being a bit more uuad! Because of this I hit my week low on a Friday and the bounce is big come Monday weigh in. So I bounce 162 to 167-169 but I do t freak out cause I know a dd or two straightens me out. Itís not bad since Iím not counting cals and Iím eating what I want but I know itís maintenance, Iíll have to count cals and possibly EOD to lose any further but for right now Iím fine where Iím at.

Oh another bit of news, I have a job! I started applying before i even left NJ and ended up getting lucky with company that wanted me part-time and pretty much let me set my hours! Itís great pay too and Iíve been employed 3 weeks now! So happy to be back home and have things turning around for my family anywho Got to get to bed, hope all of you are doing well! Iíll make sure to check in more often!
Such great news!!! So glad you popped in. I was getting worried.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #174
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Yay Vlo!! I loved this update. So much good news!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #175
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Vio - lovely to see you. With the job, condo, and adherence to JUDDD it's reading like things are so much better for you already.

Kissa - I'm having a rough time. I want to see if I can switch to part-time for a few months but it might not be feasible. It will pass. If my hands don't improve soon, however, the decision might be taken out of my hands, so to speak.

Bluebelle - I'm so sorry that it's easier for you to move than for the company to deal appropriately with psycho boss. However, your mental health and happiness trumps hanging tough in a toxic environment.

Carly - I'm relieved for you both that DW is rallying. Is it premature to be optimistic that your vacation can go ahead and genuinely be restorative for you both?

Last edited by SlowSure; 11-21-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Old 11-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #176
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Vio - lovely to see you. With the job, condo, and adherence to JUDDD it's reading like things are so much better for you already.

Kissa - I'm having a rough time. I want to see if I can switch to part-time for a few months but it might not be feasible. It will pass. If my hands don't improve soon, however, the decision might be taken out of my hands, so to speak.

Bluebelle - I'm so sorry that it's easier for you to move than for the company to deal appropriately with psycho boss. However, your mental health and happiness trumps hanging tough in a toxic environment.

Carly - I'm relieved for you both that DW is rallying. Is it premature to be optimistic that your vacation can go ahead and genuinely be restorative for you both?
I know DW really wants to go and says she is up for it, so I think we can be cautiously optimistic. She is seeing her PCP today, so should know more later.

So sorry to hear that you are struggling. I hope you can move to PT if that will help, but I know some employers are not so cooperative with things like that and budgets being what they are. Sending healing prayers and vibes

Old 11-22-2017, 03:05 AM   #177
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Popping in to wish all of you US JBs a good pre-Thanksgiving day.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:00 AM   #178
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Popping in to wish all of you US JBs a good pre-Thanksgiving day.
Thanks Slow! I hope you are feeling as well as possible

Old 11-22-2017, 06:58 AM   #179
Kissa

Slow I am so sorry, I know how hard you try to ignore the various issues and just get on with life. Hope the part time can be settled. Thinking of you.

Vlo, how lovely to see your post and to hear that, school cost excepted, things are working out really well for you. Well done on getting work so quickly and It will be great to be in your own home before the Christmas season. Keeping to your rotations is clearly going well too.

Bluebelle, I find it extraordinary that this person is recognised as a troublemaker and is yet still there. I am no expert on workplace relationships but it seems very odd to me. I am glad you enjoyed your early T'day celebrations.

Carly, I am pleased that DW is improving and keeping everything crosses for the Florida trip. As for the insurance and big pharma, don't get me going!

All is good here although it is a pretty nasty day outside. I got to my Burlesque class which I love, and the scales were kind this morning.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #180
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

I just "saw" Barbro on another post here. It was the Fantastic Flour mix.

So glad to see Vlo, too.

SlowSure...so sorry about your hands. I know how discouraging constant pain is.

Bluebelle...Iím also amazed that That Person is still in charge over you. Most baffling!

Hope you and DW get your holiday in Carly...

Happy Thanksgiving to the US JUDDDers. Weíre going to friends, so I am not cooking. 🦃🦃🦃