Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #91
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
The world is dark and full of terrors, but I have finally conquered instant hot chocolate. And darn it, I'm going to celebrate that!
I love you Tara even though you drink diet Swiss Miss which is chocolate-flavored chalk.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #92
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
I am soooo going to have hot chocolate on my next up day!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #93
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I may or may not have said a couple of expletives reading this!

What is especially heinous about this 'well meaning mom' example is that you probably skated close to malnourishment with such a lunch. What is incredible to me (as a mom) is that mothers naturally have an incredibly instinct to nourish and feed their kids - the thought of DS having a rumbling belly all day at school or not being able to focus is just the worst. In your mom's case the anxiety of having a daughter that conformed to her physical appearance standards superseded that instinct. That is crazy, crazy messed-up, Carly. I know you know this already.
Yeah, but I get it. I'm sure my grandmother was the same way to my mom, who was a little chubby as a young child. I'm not gonna lie, but I think it's common with Jewish, American moms, many of my Jewish friends have had very similar experiences, including the fact that we are all 40 or older and try to lose weight before visiting our parents. (Though my experience might have been a bit more extreme).

I know without a shadow of a doubt it was out of love.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #94
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
I have a story from the opposite side of the spectrum. My paternal grandmother was a big woman- about 6 foot tall, big boned and not thin (always plump which got larger over the years). We had to spend a lot of time with gram just due to Mom working and so forth and she was the one who gave food for everything - celebrations, injuries, sadness, and once in my opinion it was a punishment (she forced me to eat bowl after bowl of frozen peaches because she wanted to make room in her freezer, to this day I can't eat peaches). Two of my sisters have my grandmothers body type, I have my mom's body type (shorter, medium to small boned) and basically her goal was to "fatten us up" - her words. Especially me because I didn't look like them. She gave us sweets and goodies for everything, and you weren't allowed to leave the table until you cleaned your plate but the worst part was, she was the one who made up the plate. Anyway- it forged a bad relationship with food as I turn to food for everything, even when I don't want to. Its like a compulsion.

And speaking of compulsions, I gave in this morning to one and I am a little mad at myself. I had a 2 hour meeting first thing at work and it was stressful for reasons it would take too long to get in to. And there were bagels and muffins. And my stomach was growling. Usually I skip breakfast no problem. I cut up a muffin and took 1/4 and didn't eat it all. then I took a bagel and had about 1/4-1/3 of it with my lunch soup. so my tracker gave an average bagel calorie count of 300 - does that sound right to you guys? seems kind of low to me. Anyway I'm a little mad at myself but I suppose I am not yet over limit so there is time to make up for it.

Bluebelle- your comment to Tara made me snort!

To switch gears to my little DP again- so some of you might remember the vet told me about a week or so ago that he probably has food allergies because he gets regular ear infections, he often gets full anal glands and he tends to lick his paws a lot (apparently that means they itch). They said I should put him on this hydrolyzed protein (expensive) diet. when we went in, he was being checked only for the ears and a booster vaccination. Now after over a week on this special expensive diet, he is now dragging his butt on things, itching his ears and licking his paws! its like they triggered a reaction instead of avoiding it! I'll feed him the rest of this stuff but I'm switching him to a home made diet. Yes he's spoiled rotten but he's my baby. if anyone has any experience with their pets having allergies I'd love to hear any alternatives!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #95
Carly

Just a quick note to say that 300 calories sounds reasonable for a plain or similar bagel. The Asiago cheese bagel at Panera is 330 if I recall correctly and that has a bit of cheese on it/in it, so I’d feel comfortable with 300 calories unless it was a huge bagel.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #96
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Tara that is how my mother taught us to make 'cocoa' when we were little.

Carly stay warm, and I am sending hugs.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #97
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Hmmm, as I recall, all of us kids were average size growing up, and I don't remember my mother even caring if or what we ate. She cooked. If we ate, Ok, if not, Ok. If she made something I didn't like I just didn't eat it. She never said one thing either way. I think she figured if I got hungry, I would eat. So I did not get food issues from her. When I started working, we went out for lunch every day, and I didn't realize it, but what I was ordering for lunch was actually a dinner. I went up to 150 lbs, and decided I needed to lose weight. I got down to 125, but then the paranoia took over. I would go days with very little food, then binge for a few days. After I moved into my own place I had more privacy and I started purging. I did that for a few years until I met DH, then I could no longer do it for fear he would hear me. So this is what happens when you are still bingeing, but don't have the opportunity to purge. I no longer binge, by the way, but I do struggle for ever little pound.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #98
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I've never purged. Agree, this is what happened when I dieted/restricted and then binged. Rinse and repeat.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #99
Carly

I was primarily Anorexic and I've never struggled with binging but for a number of years I purged the very little bit of food I felt forced to eat when living at home. Then even into my 20's I'd periodically purge, but at this point it's been about 15 years since I've engaged in those behaviors.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:51 AM   #100
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Still struggling with this bug but laughing at myself because I know that most people deal with a bug for a week or more and then have symptoms for a while whereas it's very unusual for me to be unwell from a bug for a week or so.

I may well have a duvet day tomorrow and curl up with some hot water bottles for most of the day. I don't really have the time to lose as I have bowls of macerating fruit that are waiting to be made into mincemeat or pickle but I instinctively feel that stirring vats of hot substances might not be entirely wise with this woolly a head.

A friend very kindly sent me some soft menthol pastilles that are a danish sweetie along with something else for which I can't read the ingredients - and because of the bug I can't taste it - but it feels like a less aggressive version of the medicinal sweet known as Fisherman's Friend. It's years since I've thought of Fisherman's Friend so it's been a charming recollection.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #101
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I love you Tara even though you drink diet Swiss Miss which is chocolate-flavored chalk.

Another one here who constantly received eating directives from my father as he was fearful I'd be overweight. His heart was in the right place, but his mouth was not. When I look back at pictures, it's obvious I had no weight issues until I got married. Because I didn't have to technically listen to him any longer, I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted and THAT is when my weight issues started. He fully admits he was way too critical with us when we were kids. But we have a good relationship and he loves when I dish out stuff to him now.

December Goals:
-Sticking to NOT STRESSING if my schedule goes haywire. Which I seem to be doing well at both.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #102
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #103
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

When you're retired, there's no TGIF. Every day is Saturday. LOL

I was down 2.5 lbs after my DD, and after my UD yesterday I am down another half pound. I actually forgot I was doing JUDDD and just ate like I normally do, which is with consciousness that I am trying to lose weight. So I didn't overeat, but enjoyed what I had and was not hungry. I know it's just water when you start out, but I'm still happy about it.

Vanilla Latte, I think when parents (or spouses) hound you about weight or what you're eating it causes stress that makes you just want to eat more.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 11-10-2017 at 09:41 AM..
Old 11-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #104
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Carly, there are some things I'm wondering about. I could probably read back and see, but others might be curious too. When did you start JUDDD? And did you do any other dieting before JUDDD?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #105
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Carly, there are some things I'm wondering about. I could probably read back and see, but others might be curious too. When did you start JUDDD? And did you do any other dieting before JUDDD?
I started JUDDD March 28th, 2012. I did a very low carb, low-calorie diet for 5 weeks before starting JUDDD and lost 10 pounds doing that, but it was torture. I stayed low carb for my first month on JUDDD and then jumped into carbs head first.

Prior to 2012, I had followed Atkins for about 4 years from 2002-2006. During that time I stayed a trim 112-118 pounds (I was in my 20's and didn't have massive amounts of loose skin), but once I stopped I gained back to 199lb. I did not feel my best on LC and actually think it contributed to the seasonal depression I feel into in 2005-2006 (Fall through Winter).

Old 11-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #106
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the reply, Carly. I don't lose well on low carb. I think I just eat too much. I lose better on JUDDD but tend to quit if I have trouble with DD. I need to change my attitude, because one bad DD is not the end of the world. I would love to make it a lifestyle like you and some others have done.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 11-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #107
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

An interesting thing about DD, I couldn't get them as low as I was "supposed" to, but I kept doing them and losing slowly (I have SO FAR TO GO, don't think about it) but recently the DD cals have gotten smaller, I guess I'm finally getting used to /better at it.
The only thing I really have going for me this time is I am absolutely determined not to give up or leave JUDDD. This is it for me. The only thing that works and I can be happy doing.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #108
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Went to gym. Jogged 1 mile and then went and did weight machines{5 of them. and then went and did *40 mins in Sauna, and cooled down{In pool for 5 mins and then went and did* 10 mins in steam room. Cooled down.
Today is *dd for me.{I had to restart and just hope I can do this remaining month good.
I just have a hard time after doing great with doing fasting .
So maybe judd will help.
I have book and been reading Dr. Jason Fung. Great book.
Today feel great so just maybe a good dd
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #109
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/137.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
Hi checking in for Saturday. My week was stupid crazy at work yesterday so at lunch I decided to get out go shopping. So no checking in here and I missed it. I bought 2 pairs of what I thought would be goal pants (size 6 both). When I got home I tried them on and the one is so perfect and they look so cute I will wear on Monday. The second pair is too big? Hmmm did they resize? I will return them today and buy a 4 for new goal pants. These are non scale victories.

After my little Outback fiasco my body decided to cooperate and the scale is sliding down. But I am not obsessing on that because it is just an experiment. I'll keep telling myself that.

To all of you with the life stories that mirror mine in so many ways...BIG HUGS!!! It really meant a lot to me for you guys to share and I could see that what I thought was a really messed up childhood with food for meat least others have gone through this too i various shapes and forms. It helps to see that.

Carly I feel you in so many ways. What really touched me is that you said your mom was "well meaning." I had to give that a really long thought. I always believed my mom was just judging and cruel. She and my sisters have the stick body shape. They were all extremely thin. At 5'7" my mom weighed 121 pounds most of her adult life and bragged about it. She had no hips no legs she was tiny. So I guess at 5'4" me at 111 was heavy to her in 6th grade. She always made comments on my weight and like you when I was anorexic in high school she told me I looked really good and healthy? My hair was falling out and she took me to the dr because I lost my period. That was healthy to her? So yeah little things like your thighs are just fat..somebody has to tell you and I love you so I will tell you" Killlllled me as a teenager. But your comment has me thinking different now. She was trying to help in a very bad way. I am really enlightened. Thank you for that. Oh and yes at 48 I still try to lose weight every time I go to visit. AND she almost always has a comment on my weight when I am there. This last time she did not? She kept commenting on how little she was so I agreed with her. She always has been little.

OK off to return some pants and get some smaller ones. Then Saturday Zumba my fav!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:23 AM   #110
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Jeni- wow and wonderful on the nsv pants! You go girl!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #111
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Yesterday was 1st.dd[Had to restart. But did good.was.475.
Today up day> Keep calaries {Like I always do *1,200
Then DD Tomorrow and go for a lower dd day.{Hope
Weight 114{So drop 2 lbs.
So dd helped. But I hope for another 2{After dd{ but I hope I have this.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #112
Carly

Jeni- congrats on the NSV pants!!!! I realized when I was about 23 or so that my mom did the best she could and I know I was loved- no doubt there. We all have our issues and fears and sometimes we project those onto the ones we love the most. I know I can anyway.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #113
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I did 2 UD in a row, Friday and Saturday, to pacify DH, so today has to be a super DD. Friday wasn't bad, but I ate a lot of meat yesterday, which really raises the calories. I have a spaghetti squash I want to prepare for today. DH isn't happy. He want to go out for breakfast. Too bad. I need my DD!!!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 11-12-2017, 08:20 AM   #114
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
I did 2 UD in a row, Friday and Saturday, to pacify DH, so today has to be a super DD. Friday wasn't bad, but I ate a lot of meat yesterday, which really raises the calories. I have a spaghetti squash I want to prepare for today. DH isn't happy. He want to go out for breakfast. Too bad. I need my DD!!!
It took some time for DW to get used to this, but if she wants to go out or make plans on my DD I just let her know I'll be having diet Coke or coffee. She is fine with it now but took some getting used to for her.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #115
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, every one.
Hope you all have a great day and being well.
Yesterday was a very high Calarie Ud for me. We went out to eat tow times with friends.The 1st meal was not bad for it was a big salald with grilled chicken breast{But had bacon in it too.
and I used fat free dressing. and not alot. in fact had not poured on. dripped with fork.
But I also got and never do. I had a cup of vegatraine chill.
Then we went out at night and Yes>I really did this one.{I never do this.
But I got a hambugar and fries.
{At Red Robin.

So today is a Dd and I just might.{I know I should not but might help.
{For I bet if I weigh in today I gained.
So going to gym and detox and weight machines and 1 mile jog.
But going to do 2 Dds in roll.
I feel even through not really Juddd. I have to do 2 Dd to keep me going and dd help scale. As scale mess with my head.
Plus we have a wedding to go to Sat. and i know I have to eat there.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 AM   #116
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi, every one.
Hope you all have a great day and being well.
Yesterday was a very high Calarie Ud for me. We went out to eat tow times with friends.The 1st meal was not bad for it was a big salald with grilled chicken breast{But had bacon in it too.
and I used fat free dressing. and not alot. in fact had not poured on. dripped with fork.
But I also got and never do. I had a cup of vegatraine chill.
Then we went out at night and Yes>I really did this one.{I never do this.
But I got a hambugar and fries.
{At Red Robin.

So today is a Dd and I just might.{I know I should not but might help.
{For I bet if I weigh in today I gained.
So going to gym and detox and weight machines and 1 mile jog.
But going to do 2 Dds in roll.
I feel even through not really Juddd. I have to do 2 Dd to keep me going and dd help scale. As scale mess with my head.
Plus we have a wedding to go to Sat. and i know I have to eat there.
Just a little warning that when people try to compensate for a higher than normal UD, by having two DDs in a row it normally back fires.

I notice you said you have to eat at the wedding... I mean, it’s your choice whether or not you eat, but you don’t have to dive into a vat of everything.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:41 PM   #117
kind
Major LCF Poster!

That is so True Carly.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #118
Carly

Just a fast note to report that DW is in the hospital. She has both pneumonia and the flu (despite getting the flu shot).

Any prayers or healing thoughts would be welcome.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #119
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Healing thoughts, Carly.

I've read that there's another flu strain circulating this year (not covered by the shot), and perhaps that's what she has.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #120
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Healing thoughts, Carly.

I've read that there's another flu strain circulating this year (not covered by the shot), and perhaps that's what she has.
The staff at urgent care (where we were for 3 hours before they sent her to the hospital to be admitted) confirmed that it's a strain not covered by this year's vaccination. They swabbed her nose and the little test identified the type of strain.