Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2017, 03:03 AM   #1
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
November Daily Chat

This is it JBs, Halloween is the initiating event for a long run of celebrations and festivities, right through until 2018.

We want to hear your news, views, updates, plans and this is where we do this
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2017, 03:05 AM   #2
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I will answer some stuff from the October thread at some point.

Oddly enough, the time shift in the clocks on Sunday in the UK has had a bad effect on the timing of my daily cycles in the arthritis and both that and the fatigue are wiping me out.

I'm expecting this will correct quite soon.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 AM   #3
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
We set clocks back this coming Sunday. I'm interested to hear that the shift has a bad effect on your daily cycles. I've had the same experience in the spring shift--to the point where I almost dread it.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:25 AM   #4
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Happy November! Still here. Did not eat the Halloween candy yesterday as it was a DD. More to come
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
Snackycake
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snackycake
Stats: 174/166.6/135
Start Date: Postpartum Restart 10/30/17
Hey everyone! I didn't go nuts with Halloween candy despite it being an UD yesterday, so I'm starting November on a good note. I've only got one DD under my belt so far this time around, but is it possible I'm already starting to feel that JUDDD calm wash over me? At the very least, skipping breakfast on a DD helps me get out of the house faster - that's become a challenge with having a 7 month old.

November will be a restart for me and also somewhat a period of observation to see how JUDDD affects breastfeeding (if it does). Should be interesting! Looking forward to chatting.
Snackycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
I've never been much of a "chatterer" on the monthly threads, but I am going to try my best to participate some. I've tried in the past and end up failing miserably, especially if I end up drifting off plan which ends up leading me to not visit LCF for weeks or months on end.

Snackycake, although I've been doing various styles of IF, that JUDDD calm does seem to arrive very quickly when actually doing JUDDD for me. I'm on my second official DD today and feel very calm. I think the shorter challenges from p0rtia will help, too.

Did not eat Halloween candy as we were watching the Astros. Our neighborhood tries to have something for the kiddies to do and with the layout it's always hit or miss if we have trick or treaters, and it was raining all evening.

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #7
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Happy November all!

I am back after 2 weeks of being MIA on LCF. Whirlwind of travelling to work for London (I was devastated to not be able to meet up with SlowSure and Cindy/Kissa because of completely stupid work demands, mostly caused by another malfunctioning work computer), organising 2 huge events in London, flying back to Costa Rica, organising another huge event in Costa Rica last week, and then going to the Caribbean coast for a mini-vacation this weekend with the family.

Things are very good - DH loving his new job, DS doing great in school and being his sunny little self, feels like we are coasting into stability again. Now it's up to me to get my two big hurdles sorted: 1) Sticking to JUDDD and 2) Being consistently productive at work.

On to #1 at least! DD today, for the first time in a *looong* time.

P.S. Glad to see Snacky and Vanilla!
Old 11-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #8
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3

DD #2 for me also. Relieved to see no bounce on the scale this morning after Halloween UD.

The cold & rainy weather here today has me looking forward to hot soup.

I’m already feeling better being back on the WLM wagon again!

Ann
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Holy Moly- November.... seriously, I feel like we just welcomed in 2017.

I dread the Fall-back time change. It is really difficult on my every year. I have not noticed an increase in arthritic pain- that I connected to the time change per se, but my pain is always worse in the fall and winter. I always attributed it to the cold, but who knows.

A little bummed that we won't be headed to St. Thomas in 4 weeks as planned, but nature had other plans. It will be nice to see my parents and grandmother, but it's not the same as a Caribean vacation. It will be warmer, so that's good.

So nice to have JBs returning and new JBs starting the journey.

Back to work!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #10
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Carly, I also have a really difficult time with the dark parts of the year. Not so much pain as depression, really just a desire to hibernate, crawl into bed and not come out. My schedule has me going to school before the sun is up and coming home after dark. I rarely see the sun. I just remembered that the last couple years I have bought extra Christmas lights and strung them around the rooms I hang out in of an evening and instead of feeling gloomy, it feels cozy. Now that the decorations are becoming available I should buy a few extra strings to get me through until Spring. Anything that makes me feel cozy and comfortable during the long dark counts as self-care and I need to make sure it gets done.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #11
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Carly, I also have a really difficult time with the dark parts of the year. Not so much pain as depression, really just a desire to hibernate, crawl into bed and not come out. My schedule has me going to school before the sun is up and coming home after dark. I rarely see the sun. I just remembered that the last couple years I have bought extra Christmas lights and strung them around the rooms I hang out in of an evening and instead of feeling gloomy, it feels cozy. Now that the decorations are becoming available I should buy a few extra strings to get me through until Spring. Anything that makes me feel cozy and comfortable during the long dark counts as self-care and I need to make sure it gets done.
Gosh that's a great suggestion buried in there!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #12
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/137.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
Here!!! And ready for November. I have some pretty crazy goals for November but I think they are doable. I am combining the Fat Flush foods with JUDD cycles. Carly.. you had asked last month...Fat Flush is a really neat plan that helps to flush out bloat and remove any potential food allergies. So it is similar to other low carb but eliminates caffeine, alcohol, and dairy as well. Most spices and salt are also limited but I am less concerned about that for now. Honestly the book doesn't tell anything we don't already know being low carb veterans, but there are several good websites out there for this plan. Anyways, the scale is just super frustrating yet way too addictive so I will still be weighing every day for accountability. Yesterdays DD was VLDD is that a thing? I did low calorie liquids only and mainly water. Rewarded with 2 pound drop which just needs to stay please (it won't).

Hi Slow... our clocks go back on Sunday. I love the Fall back time. It for some reason feels like I have extra hours. I like that.

Hi P0rtia...I dread the spring shift too. I like our fall back time in the fall. It usually coordinates with Halloween. We are later this year.

Welcome home Bluebelle..Sounds like a fabulous vacation for you. I have never been off North America. DH doesn't like to travel and I just don't feel like I could do it alone with the kids? I probably just need to talk to people so I feel more at ease with the idea.

Hello Quietnite..no candy for me either. I behaved and actually gave it to the kids at the door. We have so much left over so just more behaving for me I guess. I like your light idea. My mom always decorated the whole house for Christmas with a ton of lights and it was so warm and comfy...very good idea.

Hi Snacky..Agreed no breakfast on down days is great for getting me out the door faster. Yesterday I spent the day with my repair man in Galveston fixing everything that was wrong with both the AC and furnace at my daughters condo. It kept me from eating all day so I did water and diet cranberry only. But I got out the door quickly in the morning so that was good.

Hello Vanilla.. I also was watching the Astros yesterday. I did get up whenever a kiddo rang the doorbell. If they were brave enough to battle the rain I rewarded them with a scoop of candy. We actually got quite a few kids. I was surprised. I live in the Cypress area so our rain died down around 8 so lots of late trick or treaters. Go Stros!!! I am so hoping they win game 7!!! We are so overdue. (I assumed you were rooting for the Astros since you said Astros game but I could be wrong there)

Hi Carly...The Halloween party was super fun! And Adam and Eve were too cute! They had flesh colored body suits and strategically placed leaves. It was adults only and the costumes were cute and not inappropriate. The Selenas had less clothes on than they did lol. How did your Stillman's go? Are you still following that?

OK back to work with me.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #13
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmart View Post

Hi Carly...The Halloween party was super fun! And Adam and Eve were too cute! They had flesh colored body suits and strategically placed leaves. It was adults only and the costumes were cute and not inappropriate. The Selenas had less clothes on than they did lol. How did your Stillman's go? Are you still following that?
I just did it for 4 days. I hardly lost anything, which is very unusual for me, but it is what it is.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #14
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all!! Sounds like everyone is starting off November on a good note! I also resisted Halloween candy and I actually didn't buy any this year. I usually get ONE knock from the kids across the street and thats it. So this year I bought some individual bags of chips and cookies for when BF's kids visit (to avoid big open packages sitting around) so gave them out instead.

Hi Bluebelle! Nice to see you back again. You sound busy as ever! Glad to hear DH is liking the new job!

jhmart - sounds like that party was a blast! I love dressing up!

quietnite -good idea with the lights. I have some cross beams exposed in my living room that I wrapped lights around and I like it so much I leave them up all year and use it for low lighting any time of year.

Carly- I'm with ya on the cold and dark. Not happy about it- it is so hard to get out of bed when its still dark out.

Slow, Nilla, SlimNana, snackycake, pOrtia!

Today is cold and gray here and I have been freezing all day, also hungry. And sadly my little DP is now having an allergic reaction to his vaccination he received on Monday . It swelled up and is hot to the touch. My poor little guy is having a tough go of things this week. The vet says give him Benadryl and hot compresses so I stayed home with my little guy to watch him. I may do the same tomorrow, or at least for part of the day. I just hate it when anything is wrong with my spoiled little boy.

I think I'll be focusing on protein for dinner-this hunger is not fading. I found some jalapeno mango chicken meatballs in the freezer so SCORE on that!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #15
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Was it Halloween? Ha! The bennies of being self-employed. My Halloween tradition these days involves buying pumpkins for myself, the folks who rent my farm, and the other folks who live in my farmhouse. It's nice be able to do even such a small thing, year in and year out.

Soooo interesting to see that there are people who are seriously affected by the time change. I thought it was just me! As a fan of the Fall Back shift, I have already been thinking how happy I'll be come Sunday morning when I wake up and it's 5:30/6:00 rather than 6:30/7:00. At this time of year I always start to wonder why I'm sleeping so late--then I remember!

So that's what makes me happy: I like to get up early. The light or dark doesn't really affect me (well, that first day when the sun goes down behind the mountain at 3 is always a shock).
Old 11-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
Carly

I take a 5:36am train during the week, so there are about 3-4 weeks when it's light while I walk to train at 5:20am. I do love it, but at this time of year, when I get to my office around 6:30am it's still dark. Right now it's still light when my train pulls in at 5pm, but that is about to be history- so not happy.

I was dx'ed with SAD as a child. It was much, much worse when I was a teen and in my 20's, but it's still difficult and I always get very nervous around the time switch, because I've had several severe bouts of depression triggered by the time change. It's been 8 or 9 years since the last time, but the last time was very severe- to the point that my doctor was considering have me admitted to the hospital involuntarily (that scared the crap out of me!)

I was currently working at a psychiatric hospital in my city and just left another where I had worked for 7 years, so my doctor was trying to arrange something way up in CT, to protect my privacy, but seriously- it was not going to happen and a psychiatric social worker knows exactly what to say so that you cannot be committed against your will. She knew it was a losing battle.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #17
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Carly: That is a disturbing story. *hugs* My sister has said off and on that she believes she suffers from SAD, and has the sunlight light to prove it. Which doesn't help much. In fact I have two or three friends who take action against the depression they know is coming in the fall. Not to this extent, though. I'm glad it's at least better.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #18
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Carly that sounds awful. Have you ever used the light therapy? this sounds familiar maybe I asked you this last year. Anyway- there were a few people in my office that had those lamps at their desks.
I just saw pOrtia's post... have you ever tried St. John's Wort? its apparently quite effective against depression for an herbal supplement. and mild.

I think the worst thing for me is just feeling so tired seemingly all the time with less daylight. I have noticed that since I have both an office with a window and a dog that I bring out walking for at least 30 min a day I am less affected by the dark. I always hated going to work and leaving work in the dark.

OK I'm going to switch gears from the gloomy topic - things to look forward to... fires in my fireplace, mugs of hot drinks, using my snowshoes (quite fun and great exercise), I like my warm cozy sweaters and sweatshirts, reasons to sit around in front of a fire with a mug of hot something in my cozy sweater reading a book or watching a movie . I actually like winter hiking too (not in deep snow), the cold can be invigorating. That gets me through mid-January .
Old 11-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #19
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Historically, I get uber hungry at this time of year, though, for a wonder, not this year. I've never been able to handle it. I've put a lot of thought and energy the couple of years into combating this phenomenon, which inevitably resulted in +20 lb or so between Thanksgiving and early Jan. I've always assumed it's the colder weather influencing my bod to pack on supplies + holiday eating entitlement.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:23 PM   #20
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Had a fine DD today - as I said before, my first in many, many days. Had a 100-cal package of crackers and then DS and I stopped by the pupusa stand after his taekwondo class (300 cals). I might have a piece of candy to top-off.

I got some really cute new wedge heeled sandals while I waited for him to finish taekwondo and walked around town - I have been seriously glued to the laptop this week so felt good.

I was *fairly* productive at work today, but my focus did totally lag around hour 5-6. Need to make up that time tomorrow. I think it also has to do with the fact that I woke up at 2:41am today and then couldn't go back to sleep - UGH. Am exhausted.

Looking so forward to UD tomorrow! Very glad to be back on track and amongst all my wonderful JBs.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #21
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Hi Bluebelle! Nice to see you back again. You sound busy as ever! Glad to hear DH is liking the new job!
Hi!! I worry sometimes that I must sound like a jerk going on and on about how busy I am. But you're right, I have been busy.

How is DC/BF?
Old 11-02-2017, 12:40 AM   #22
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosey
Stats: 270/261/135
Start Date: 01 November 2017
Well... I live in South Africa. We dont have Halloween or Thanksgiving. Our festivities start on the 16th December.

But I have a question, I just restarted yesterday. It was supposed to be a down day, But I binged in the evening. So I wonder what would happen if I worked my way down from 900cals to 500 cals intead of diving in. I lost weight yesterday because I still ate less and walked a lot. I know that one must be very strict with in the 1st 2 weeks, but im 100% sure i am not confident enough to do it, Im scared I will fail and binge coming from close to 3000 calories a day to 500.

So today Im redoing my DD but Im eating 900 cals. next week Thursday i will go to 800, then 700 the following week. By mid December I will be in full swing with my 500 Cals...

Do you think this will work? Oh and on my DDs during the day I will stick to Protein shakes and in the evening I will have a nice large plate of steamed and raw veggies with lean meat.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:02 AM   #23
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Wow, what a lovely busy start to the November chat thread!

Taken me a while to catch up with everything.

I’ll just answer you Rosey, I think your idea is fine. Working down to 500 is a good plan.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 AM   #24
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
Well... I live in South Africa. We dont have Halloween or Thanksgiving. Our festivities start on the 16th December.

But I have a question, I just restarted yesterday. It was supposed to be a down day, But I binged in the evening. So I wonder what would happen if I worked my way down from 900cals to 500 cals intead of diving in. I lost weight yesterday because I still ate less and walked a lot. I know that one must be very strict with in the 1st 2 weeks, but im 100% sure i am not confident enough to do it, Im scared I will fail and binge coming from close to 3000 calories a day to 500.

So today Im redoing my DD but Im eating 900 cals. next week Thursday i will go to 800, then 700 the following week. By mid December I will be in full swing with my 500 Cals...

Do you think this will work? Oh and on my DDs during the day I will stick to Protein shakes and in the evening I will have a nice large plate of steamed and raw veggies with lean meat.
I think whatever involves keeping a lid--any lid--is a good thing. I tell myself, I say, self, you have three choices: You can gain, lose, or maintain, and two of those are victories. Seems to me that reducing DDs as you can is still losing.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that if you are able to do a 900 cal DD a couple of times, you will find that 500 cals will suddenly become surprisingly easy. As a fellow binger, I believe it's all about turning off the Binge Switch. Once that's off, all things are possible!
Old 11-02-2017, 06:09 AM   #25
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Rosey, I agree with what the others said about laddering down. (Is that a word?) Also there are some threads back further on here about very successful people who did that either in the beginning or in difficult parts of their journey and "what works" it's JUDDD, define an UD and DD and do your best and keep going seems to be a thing.

And keep posting, that seems to be the consensus to help find what works.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #26
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Rosey I will echo what you've already heard. I think the reason why JUDDD has worked for me is because its so forgiving. You don't have to stay low carb if you don't want to, you can switch around UD/DD if it fits with your schedule, really the biggest point is to just not give up, just shake it off and get right back on track after an oopsie day. So if 900 dds work for you then go for it. As an interesting sort-of-side-note, Mike Mosely who wrote up the 5:2 diet that was big in the UK (and US, but more in the UK) changed up his recommended 500 calorie limit on the DDs to 800 calories. I didn't read more on the reason behind it but maybe to help people stick with it? I find 800 calories to be very do-able personally.

Bluebelle! Yeah you noticed I started calling DC BF because I was confusing a lot of people . the brief update is things are going well. I ended up taking a break with him (intended to last thru his busy time which would be until January) because I was getting really upset with his scheduling - I won't get in to the huge backstory on that - but after a couple of weeks of backing off he said he didn't want to wait 2 months to spend time with me and then suddenly voila he managed to actually be on time a couple of times. so it IS possible . Anyway I still insist on not trying to plan much with him through December because if we are going to have a chance, I have to keep myself from feeling negative and neglected with his schedule.

Poor DP is having a hard time though. I mentioned that he had a bad reaction to a vaccination. My poor little love is all swelled up at the injection site, he looks like a hunchback. I am keeping him on allergy meds so he's sleeping a lot. He did scamper around on his walk today so just something to keep an eye on I guess.

I am late going in to work to watch my little baby but I better get moving.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #27
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Hi Bluebelle!!

quietnite - I love the lights idea. I love lighting candles or Scentsy pots to bring in the coziness.

jhmart - I was rooting for the Astros and boy, they did it!! So happy for them! Now it's the Texans' turn to do something!

Carly - So sorry you struggle with the time change.

Rosey - I agree with the others on backing into your DD calories.

phoenix17 - Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

I think I'm in the minority that loves falling back in time. I do get sleepier earlier than usual for the first couple of weeks. I enjoy the cooler weather - when we finally GET cooler weather - coming home from work and lighting the fireplace and candles. Must have the hybernating gene in me. We have so much hot weather typically and I love cold weather and all it brings - sweaters, sweatshirts, pumpkin spice *anything*, etc.

It's an UD, I just finished a BPC and now my tummy is ready for the first of my beloved Yogurt Puddings of the day.

Have a good one, y'all!

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #28
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Rosey yes! Do 900 calories. The best possible advice I could give you on DDs (especially as you're transitioning to DDs) is what I got from Phoenix - veggies, veggies, veggies. I am a fan of broiling on a pan sheet with spices and some olive oil - curried cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots. Fill up on veg to avoid feeling deprived.

Phoenix poor DP! Scampering is good. Wolfie had stomach issues yesterday after eating something he shouldn't have in the park and it's so funny how he's just like DS, I can look into his sweet eyes and just see he's feeling lousy. I am glad you are making your needs felt with DC/BF.

Having a good UD - no food yet. Groaning a little at having to go to the supermarket later today (have been putting it off for days), but so far have been productive at work.

Felt really good to wake up today after a DD - I think that's my favorite part of JUDDD. Waking up on the mornings of UDs, knowing I did good on the day before and can feast today.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #29
jennsmith346
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennsmith346
Stats: 225/138/<135
WOE: <50 carbs a day (but average <20)
Start Date: 3/12/17
relapses kind of.....

I had 5 mini chocolate candies, around 25 carbs, on Halloween. I felt really bad about it, but promised myself I could have carbs on major holidays. I still keep it low though and mostly stick to low carb deserts. My sister can make some pretty incredible low carb cup cakes. I planned on only having carbs on thanksgiving and Christmas. however, I worry that I am setting my self up for failure but so far I ate carbs on 4th of July and labor day and did not gain any weight. Although, now that I found this site, and good substitutions, I will probably not have carbs on any holidays from here on out.

Last edited by jennsmith346; 11-02-2017 at 10:39 AM..
jennsmith346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #30
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

I am experiencing near-epic work-avoidance today. I am all-over squirmy. I stare at the page (I'm editing) and have an overwhelming desire to be in Tahiti. Or Tuscany. Or Tamp. Any. Where. But. Here. Waaaaaaah!!!!