Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2018, 12:05 PM   #841
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Stats: 221/183/145
WOE: Calorie Counting
Start Date: Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
I made baked oatmeal muffins today. 1/2 cup oatmeal teaspoon of baking powder and a little sweetener and cinnamon. Mixed with 1/2 a banana and a half cup of apple sauce. Then you can add in more apple or fruit or cocoa powder or nuts whatever. Even pumpkin instead of banana. Or an egg. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes they are wet and don’t rise too much but mmm. A 1/2 cup oatmeal makes 3 1 point muffins. So many variations to choose from. Healthy breakfast snack. I had 2 one hot with apple chunks and a cool chocolate one both were satisfying. I’ll keep experimenting .
Sounds yummy, Leanne.
----------------
My official weigh-in day is Monday, but since I often go off my diet on Sunday because we eat out, (today we ate at pizza buffet, one of my favorites) I usually gain a couple of pounds over Sunday night and it takes a couple of days to get those pounds off, so it makes sense to me to officially weigh in on Sunday mornings. This week I lost 4 pounds. One more pound and I will be in the 180's. I have now ditched my plus size panty hose and moved back into size large. Small victories.

I would like to share a story with you that my preacher told this morning.

An elderly man told is pastor that he had trouble praying. The pastor told the man to sit an empty chair in front of him, act like Christ is in it, and just talk to Him. The old man made sure he didn't pray in front of his daughter because if she saw him talking to an empty chair, she might send him off to a nursing home.

One day the man was sick and his daughter visited him and talked to him a while. Later that day she came to check on him, but he had passed on. At the funeral, the pastor asked the woman if her dad had died peacefully. She said yes he did. That when she talked to him he was happy and talkative. But she said there was something strange... there was a chair beside his bed, and when she went to check on her dad and found that he had passed on, his head was on the chair.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #842
Jennyl
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
I feel like I'm ready to start. I have no idea where to begin.
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #843
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyl View Post
I feel like I'm ready to start. I have no idea where to begin.
Looks like you have some online searching to do. First you will need to know how many daily points you get. It is based on your age, height, weight, sex, and activity level. I don't know for sure, but assume as your weight goes down, so do your points. If you had a Weight Watchers Freestyle calculator, it would tell you how many daily points you get and also calculate the number of points in a given food. But if you don't want to purchase a calculator, you can find calculators online. I did a pretty thorough search but couldn't find a Freestyle calculator that will tell you your daily points, but one website said the Freestyle plan is based on the Smart Points plan, and that you should use the Smart Points calculator to find how many daily points you get, and other Smart Points calculators that tell you the points in a given food. I know those exist online because I was recently on the Smart Points plan and used those calculators.
On Freestyle, you can roll over up to 4 points per day. That means if you have points left at the end of the day, you can keep up to 4 of those points to be used during that week only.

Next, you will need to find a list of Freestyle zero points foods and print the list. Anything that is not on the list, you will need to count the points. That should be all you need to get started. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #844
Jennyl
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
I will see if I can find some kind of calculator
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #845
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
If you get any ebooks off amazon for the new plan, make sure to read the reviews.
It looks like a lot of ripoffs of blog recipes and fake reviews to pump up the rating.

Like this and dozens of variations using the same words/language lol:

Quote:
There are not a lot of equations anyway I to a great degree required it to see what new sustenances were added to the freestyle mastermind that have zero core interests. Effortlessly cooking procedure that can be help to make brisk food.Highly Recommended.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

The past is beyond your control. The future starts right now, this moment: take control!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:47 PM   #846
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Hello Gang
Well I got myself on a binge this week and didn't even go to my weigh in tonight but I think I have gained two lbs.
But it's a new week so I'll get back on track!

Jenny
Look up weight watchers Freestyle without joining on Pinterest. They have all the info there plus calculator!

Last edited by Berta48; 01-23-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #847
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Freestyle
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Stopping by for a quick check-in. I'm headed to my meeting in a few mins. Been letting a new mindset wash over me as to how to feed myself. I've yo-yo'd on weigh-in results the last couple weeks so will see what today brings. I'm not worrying about it anymore, just working my points, which has meant going into my weeklies more than I would like but it's part of my current learning curve. Still doing well w meal prepping to set myself up for a successful week.

I have a friend from my meeting who now joins me for a walk every week after our meeting so I'm getting more activity in that way. Not as easy to back out when I have a walking buddy

Keep up with fighting the good fight friends
Old 01-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #848
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
If you get any ebooks off amazon for the new plan, make sure to read the reviews.
It looks like a lot of ripoffs of blog recipes and fake reviews to pump up the rating.

Like this and dozens of variations using the same words/language lol:
Dotti
How have you been doing? Was hoping you wold update us on your new WOE. I'm doing good except last week I slipped. Didn't go to my meeting its so COLD here. But I'm back on track this week Hope you're doing good. Check in from time to time or just come back

Old 01-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #849
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Stopping by for a quick check-in. I'm headed to my meeting in a few mins. Been letting a new mindset wash over me as to how to feed myself. I've yo-yo'd on weigh-in results the last couple weeks so will see what today brings. I'm not worrying about it anymore, just working my points, which has meant going into my weeklies more than I would like but it's part of my current learning curve. Still doing well w meal prepping to set myself up for a successful week.

I have a friend from my meeting who now joins me for a walk every week after our meeting so I'm getting more activity in that way. Not as easy to back out when I have a walking buddy

Keep up with fighting the good fight friends
Hi Sue
Nice to see you. I sure miss chatting with you. I tried Connect but they don't chat there and I don't seem to get anyone to anyway. So I just mostly lurk

Old 01-25-2018, 01:16 AM   #850
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Freestyle
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi Berta. Sorry I haven't been around that much lately. I was up .8 at weigh in but not going to stress over it. I had a few too many low point snack items last week so I'm going to shake it off and have a better week this time. I did get out for a walk after the meeting now we've got a snow storm moving into the mountains. I don't blame you with that cold weather for not getting out. I'm glad you're on Connect. It takes awhile to make friends there. I went to a Meetup in San Francisco last year and met people in person and I'm thinking of going to a Meetup in New Orleans in March also.

Hang in there with winter my friend. Spring will come eventually
Old 01-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #851
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi Berta. Sorry I haven't been around that much lately. I was up .8 at weigh in but not going to stress over it. I had a few too many low point snack items last week so I'm going to shake it off and have a better week this time. I did get out for a walk after the meeting now we've got a snow storm moving into the mountains. I don't blame you with that cold weather for not getting out. I'm glad you're on Connect. It takes awhile to make friends there. I went to a Meetup in San Francisco last year and met people in person and I'm thinking of going to a Meetup in New Orleans in March also.

Hang in there with winter my friend. Spring will come eventually
Hi Sue
Well our weather has been 55 F here the last couple of days But back in the 20 & 30s this coming week with snow! This really strange in our area this year. But we take what God gives.

I believe I will be okay this week. Hoping for a loss I've had all blue dot days so far. But last week I was not very good. Really don't know why I just wasn't!

I made a turkey meatloaf for our lunch tomorrow. It sure looks good. Only 3 points for 3 slices. So we'll see. I've been looking up low point desserts. I've found a 2-3 points cinnamon roll. But haven't made them yet. Plan to this coming week on my days off from babysitting.Sometimes though this types if things are hard for me to eat just one of!

We had baked fish tonight and I made low point coleslaw that is really good. 1 cup for 3 points!

Well Sue I hope you check back a bit more often!

Now Rubee,Bracelet,Jenny,Dottie the others are absent.Seems we can't get in here all at once!

Bracelet mentioned a 2018 WW thread but I don't know how to do it. Maybe you would since you started this one? If you do post it here so I can find it please!!

Take care. You'll have that.8 off in no time!

Last edited by Berta48; 01-27-2018 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-27-2018, 10:33 PM   #852
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubee
Stats: 160/155
WOE: WW Smart Points
Start Date: May 1, 2016
well, I have been on a 4 day binge. And till today, I didn't feel that I cared. Tonight I am in my right mind again and want very much to start again.

I even lost another half lb last Sunday, my weigh in day. Some little thing happened and triggered some stuff. Only today,when it hit me, did I realize what had me knee deep in doodoo! I'm sick in my body and heart, but I'm worth climbing out and carrying on. So here I am. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm expecting a big gain, but I'm NOT quitting.
Rubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #853
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubee View Post
well, I have been on a 4 day binge. And till today, I didn't feel that I cared. Tonight I am in my right mind again and want very much to start again.

I even lost another half lb last Sunday, my weigh in day. Some little thing happened and triggered some stuff. Only today,when it hit me, did I realize what had me knee deep in doodoo! I'm sick in my body and heart, but I'm worth climbing out and carrying on. So here I am. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm expecting a big gain, but I'm NOT quitting.
Rubee
We've all been there and done that! So frustrating I know! But you have the right attitude to get right back in there! We can't change it, what's done is done! But it isn't finished! We will lick this thing if it takes all the rest of our life! Then WE can say" I've fought the fight and ran the race, I did the best that I could!

Hang in there, and as I say "With your hand in my hand, together we WILL make it"

Last edited by Berta48; 01-28-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Old 01-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #854
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

I didn't gain! I calibrated my scale using my kitchen scale and a 5 lb bag of flour. It is right on.. I know it will hit me in a couple of days, but since I won't weigh till next Sunday, and will eat caringly and carefully this week.....I won't even know what I gained.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #855
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I didn't gain! I calibrated my scale using my kitchen scale and a 5 lb bag of flour. It is right on.. I know it will hit me in a couple of days, but since I won't weigh till next Sunday, and will eat caringly and carefully this week.....I won't even know what I gained.

I weigh tomorrow evening!!!

Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #856
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Every Sunday DH, our son and granddaughter, my sister and myself take turns choosing where we will eat that Sunday. We never know what the choice is until after Sunday services. 2 things I can't resist are pizza buffet and Chinese buffet. Last week my son chose pizza buffet and this week my granddaughter chose Chinese buffet. That means the last 2 Sundays I gorged myself then spent the next 4 days trying to get back to what I weighed Sunday morning. I hate losing the same 2 or 3 pounds over again. Well, at least the next 3 Sundays my sis, DH and I will be choosing, so I know there will be no Pizza or Chinese. I will be ordering a side salad and bringing my low-cal salad dressing, and sticking to my diet. At least that is what I hope will happen. In spite of all this, I lost 2 pounds this week.

I am finally in the 180's again, and my 2X blouses are now too big for me, so I packed them away and brought out my 1X's.

To all you gals who are on Freestyle, take heart, things will get better. When we start any new diet, it takes a while and some experimenting to figure out how to get enough to eat and still lose weight. You'll make it happen.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #857
Berta48
Berta48

I stayed the same this past week. But after the weekend before it caught up with me! At least I didn't gain and it's a new week and I am right on track!!

Wondering where everyone is?

Old 02-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #858
Berta48
Berta48

Good morning everyone!
Well it's going good so far this week! We plan on eating out Sunday, but I have over 50 weekly points so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus I still have today and tomorrow to get more rollovers.

Just a little story here...
Growing up my sister was always skinny and pretty. Me short and fat! Always made fun of in school.
Well we're grown now. Sis is still pretty, however she's gotten fat! It tickles me. Probably not very nice of me, but it's true

Anyway, she told us awhile back she didn't think she was fat. We made no comment! Well I called her yesterday she told me she went to the Dr and he gave her some diet pills and she had lost 14 lbs! I congratulated her. Because that is good!

Now this gives me even more incentive to loose!!!!. So we shall see who looses the most by Summer. Because we will be seeing her this summer sometime!!!

Just wanted to share that little story with everyone Have a great rest of the week and let's get this off!!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 02-02-2018 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #859
Dottie
Administrator

Whenever they change plans up, I tend to sign up for whatever special offer they're doing for a month or 3 (online only, no meetings around here) and see what's new.
I was right -having lean proteins and eggs!!?! be free makes a huge difference for being able to do WW and low-carb together.

I just grabbed a recipe off the site and revamped it to be low-carb friendly and it only increased the total by 5 points.
That may seem like a lot, but adding oil and an extra egg (or 2 if you're hungry) makes this a pretty filling meal!

Egg in a Zucchini Noodle Nest with Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Salata
Makes 1 serving
(my edit is 7 points; the original is 2 points)

1 Tablespoon olive oil (original was 1 teaspoon) (4 points)
1 medium clove(s)garlic clove(s), minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 small uncooked zucchini, spiralized
1⁄2 cup(s)grape tomatoes, halved (original was 1 cup)
1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
2 large egg(s) (original was 1 egg)
2 Tbsp ricotta salata cheese, or feta cheese, crumbled (original was 1 Tablespoon though I'd probably just not use it anyway (3 points for 2T))
2Tbsp basil, chopped

Heat oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add spiralized zucchini, tomatoes, salt and black pepper; cook, stirring often, 2-3 minutes.

Create a well in center of vegetable mixture; carefully crack egg in center. Cook, uncovered, until whites are set and yolk is done to your liking, 3-4 minutes. Garnish with cheese and basil; serve.

Makes 1 serving

WW Points: 7
Nutritional breakdown through another app since WW doesn't "do" real info (lol) :
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
calories 373
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Monounsaturated Fat 14 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 397 mg
Sodium 714 mg
Potassium 680 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 20 g

Need to contact LCF?

The past is beyond your control. The future starts right now, this moment: take control!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #860
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

I'm still here. This week has been great. I did use 24 pts on two different days, but had plenty of weeklies. Maybe I'll lose again. .

Had anyone tried the two ingredients bagels? I haven't. I haven't used white flour, well..any wheat flour, in so long, I would feel guilty I think.

Dottie, I like the new plan for the same reason..much easier to do low carb along with WW.

Edit: Take that back. I do eat Sara Lee low point bread.

Last edited by Rubee; 02-02-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Old 02-02-2018, 09:40 PM   #861
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Whenever they change plans up, I tend to sign up for whatever special offer they're doing for a month or 3 (online only, no meetings around here) and see what's new.
I was right -having lean proteins and eggs!!?! be free makes a huge difference for being able to do WW and low-carb together.

I just grabbed a recipe off the site and revamped it to be low-carb friendly and it only increased the total by 5 points.
That may seem like a lot, but adding oil and an extra egg (or 2 if you're hungry) makes this a pretty filling meal!

Egg in a Zucchini Noodle Nest with Tomato, Basil and Ricotta Salata
Makes 1 serving
(my edit is 7 points; the original is 2 points)

1 Tablespoon olive oil (original was 1 teaspoon) (4 points)
1 medium clove(s)garlic clove(s), minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 small uncooked zucchini, spiralized
1⁄2 cup(s)grape tomatoes, halved (original was 1 cup)
1⁄4 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
2 large egg(s) (original was 1 egg)
2 Tbsp ricotta salata cheese, or feta cheese, crumbled (original was 1 Tablespoon though I'd probably just not use it anyway (3 points for 2T))
2Tbsp basil, chopped

Heat oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add spiralized zucchini, tomatoes, salt and black pepper; cook, stirring often, 2-3 minutes.

Create a well in center of vegetable mixture; carefully crack egg in center. Cook, uncovered, until whites are set and yolk is done to your liking, 3-4 minutes. Garnish with cheese and basil; serve.

Makes 1 serving

WW Points: 7
Nutritional breakdown through another app since WW doesn't "do" real info (lol) :
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
calories 373
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Monounsaturated Fat 14 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 397 mg
Sodium 714 mg
Potassium 680 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 20 g
Dottie
That recipe sounds great .I'll have to try it.
Quote:
I'm still here. This week has been great. I did use 24 pts on two different days, but had plenty of weeklies. Maybe I'll lose again. .

Had anyone tried the two ingredients bagels? I haven't. I haven't used white flour, well..any wheat flour, in so long, I would feel guilty I think.

Dottie, I like the new plan for the same reason..much easier to do low carb along with WW.

Edit: Take that back. I do eat Sara Lee low point bread.
Rubee
I haven't ever worried about carbs. Guess perhaps I should. But WW is about eating whatever you like. So I do. I just watch my portions.

I do mostly lean meat and veggies with some fruit. Mostly wild blue berries

Old 02-03-2018, 11:15 AM   #862
Dottie
Administrator

Berta I think I'll make that for dinner tonight with 2 eggs since I made a casserole for the guys with rice and forgot to take my serving out first lol.

Need to contact LCF?

Old 02-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #863
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta I think I'll make that for dinner tonight with 2 eggs since I made a casserole for the guys with rice and forgot to take my serving out first lol.
Dottie
Were having baked skinless chicken drumsticks, peas,and a Rhodes roll (3 SP.) for dinner

Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM   #864
Dottie
Administrator

I give it a thumbs up!
It turned out really good.
I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I used a small roma tomato and 2 eggs, topped with salsa and no cheese and it was very filling (and low carb )

Need to contact LCF?

Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #865
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I give it a thumbs up!
It turned out really good.
I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I used a small roma tomato and 2 eggs, topped with salsa and no cheese and it was very filling (and low carb )
Dottie
So happy it turned out for you.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #866
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Lost another half lb. Slow going, but it looks like my 6 mos stall is finally over. Wheh!

As soon as it gets daylight I'm running to Walmart to get some groceries. I don't usually shop there, as I don't do well in crowds, and never seem to find what I'm wanting. I'll give it another shot.

Berta, you're right. Freestyle is about eating the things you enjoy. I'm still looking for puffed rice cereal. Haha.

Still loving Freestyle!
Old 02-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #867
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Lost another half lb. Slow going, but it looks like my 6 mos stall is finally over. Wheh!

As soon as it gets daylight I'm running to Walmart to get some groceries. I don't usually shop there, as I don't do well in crowds, and never seem to find what I'm wanting. I'll give it another shot.

Berta, you're right. Freestyle is about eating the things you enjoy. I'm still looking for puffed rice cereal. Haha.

Still loving Freestyle!
CONGRATULATIONS Seems my losses have slowed down now My weigh in is Tuesday evening so we'll see

Have you looked online? I eat rice Krispies or Cherrios, and oatmeal!I didn't see any on Netrition.

Just looked online they sell it. At Vitacost it's 1.99 plus shipping and Walmart from site to store I think you have to buy like a case. And at Amazon ? There are other places too. So you can order it online. Eat up and ENJOY

Last edited by Berta48; 02-04-2018 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #868
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Rubee, after you mentioned puffed rice I looked in my area and there is none to be found in the stores I frequent.

If you go to this site and click "where to buy" and enter your zip code and select puffed rice, it should tell you if there is a store in your area that carries it.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #869
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Berta, if you want to start a new thread for 2018, scroll up to the top from this thread, click on Other Plans. On the left hand side you will see New Thread. Click on that. There's a place to enter the title, Weight Watchers 2018, and then type your post in the box as usual.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #870
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Berta, if you want to start a new thread for 2018, scroll up to the top from this thread, click on Other Plans. On the left hand side you will see New Thread. Click on that. There's a place to enter the title, Weight Watchers 2018, and then type your post in the box as usual.
Thank you PACarolsue
I got the new thread started for all of us and hopefully more will join in! I didn't know how to post the link to it on here though. Sorry!

Last edited by Berta48; 02-05-2018 at 08:19 AM..