Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2018, 04:12 AM   #121
Julie1972
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 235/173.4/165
WOE: Atkins/IF 16:8
Start Date: 1/1/2013 (restart 1/30/17)
Wow, so much activity and so many of our group are super focused and doing great. This has been an insane week for me with a few late nights at work. It’s been tough getting back into a normal routine and my cravings are just now starting to subside. I’m drinking way too much diet soda to compensate so hopefully that doesn’t screw me up. Last night I had to go to an event where they had a ridiculous cake with fruit and whipped cream in the middle and my boss asked me to help slice and serve it since it was for my team. Ugh! I resisted temptation but I could smell it all the way home. I’ve managed to stick with IF and skip dinner the last few nights but I am feeling hungry, which I normally don’t. My body is still adjusting back to the routine. I’m wanting to eat more often and craving sweets still sometimes. Hopefully soon it will go away.

I’m looking forward to the long weekend and will definitely get some exercise in. My focus is so much better when I exercise, especially when I exercise in the morning.

Yesterday’s food:
B: low carb cheesecake, coffee with HWC
S: babybel cheese, coffee with half and half, whole milk yogurt with low carb granola
L: roasted pork loin, spinach salad with cucumbers, hb egg, blue cheese dressing and a Diet Coke
S: cherry Coke Zero, coffee with a splash of half and half
D: skipped

I hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for posting all your efforts as it’s truly motivating!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 05:29 AM   #122
pyroh13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pyroh13
Stats: restart 307.9/277.2/ 190
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart Jan 9th 2018
Inching down a little closer this will be day 3 on plan. My dizziness was down a little bit yesterday when it started to rear its ugly head yesterday at work I grabbed some salt and threw it in my coffee it helped a lot. I had my low carb burst of energy hit last night it was awesome feeling good.

Goal-289

Jan 9th- 307.9
Jan 10th- 304.6
Jan 11th- 303.1
pyroh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:09 AM   #123
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
Shaz - you could be experiencing "keto flu" as you detox from sugar, caffeine and carbs. Some broth might help - you'll feel better soon if you don't cave to the yucky feeling. You are training your body to burn fat for fuel instead of carbs.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #124
catr31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 179/170.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 1/2/15
Yesterday I was so sick again. It was my stomach this time and I'm pretty sure its from all the ibuprofen I've been taking. I was so sick, I ended up eating a bunch of crackers to try and feel better(it didn't work) and now I'm bloated and uncomfortable. I have a health assessment this morning and then I'm going to try to eat some scrambled eggs. Ugh, I just wished I could get over this stuff.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #125
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyMom
Stats: 207/159/150
Start Date: 2/15/16
catr So sorry you're feeling sick! I hope you feel better soon.

pyroh Congrats on beating keto flu, it's the worst but when you break through, there's nothing like that feeling on the other side. KUTGW!

Julie Diet soda is also my weakness, particularly diet Coke. My one saving grace is that it makes me so cold in winter that I switch to coffee. But as soon as it warms back up, I can't resist it!!

Pam Back in the 170's, congrats!! You're on a great losing streak.

Kelly Your new goal looks really achievable. And I know what you mean, I really want to hurry through the 160's and get back to the 150's. There's something about re-losing weight I've already lost that makes it feel like of an achievement.

Shaz Wow, you are impressive, tackling smoking AND food AND tea all at the same time - way to go! I agree with both Casey and Pam, sounds like a mix of caffeine withdrawal and low-carb flu. Either of those should pass quickly.

Ameenah You're doing great. Four pounds in ten days! Be kind to yourself, getting ready for vacation is indeed stressful.

This robotics busy-ness is still really helping, the only food available to me in the afternoon is so high-carb it's not even appealing, and then by the time I get home I just eat a bit and drop into bed. I'm hoping I don't go crazy over the weekend, but in the meantime I'm really happy. I think I'm pretty much done with the water-weight whoosh, but it's been fun while it lasted!

I was hoping to get in a visit to the gym, but had some work come up and my son has a doctor's appointment, so I just did some calisthenics at home. It's always a good sign when I can keep exercising, it makes such a difference in motivation and weight loss.

Back to work - I'm hiring someone to expand my business, and it's a little stressful because I don't really know what I'm doing. I got three applicants the very first day, so I guess I'll start by reading resumes and setting up some interviews.

Have a great low-carb day!

Susan

B: bulletproof coffee
L: scrambled eggs with cheese
D: egg salad

1/6 -167.7
1/7 - 166.2
1/8 - 164.8
1/9 - 162.8
1/10 - 161.9
1/11 - 161.0
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #126
bellalinda
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: '11" 175/155.9/135 (1st goal)/123 (maintain)
WOE: extended induction
Start Date: Restart 4/9/18
morning all! YAY for a dedicated start to the new year and congrats to all the big losses!

i really need to lay off the peanuts as a snack. last night i started watching the netflix series called rotten and i felt bad for peanuts (LOL) after the "food allergy" episode.

1/1 - 164.9
1/2 - 163.4
1/3 - 161.4
1/4 - 160.9
1/5 - 160.6
1/6 - 159.6 TOM
1/7 - 160.5 TOM
1/8 - 159.6 TOM
1/9 - 159.1 TOM
1/10 - 158.8 TOM
1/11 - 157.9 TOM

today's menu:
B: diet pepsi
L: chicken salad
D: cream cheese chicken stuffed bell peppers

IG: lindalowcarb

My Journal of Accountability
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #127
nihold
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nihold
Stats: 205/203/150
Start Date: July 2015
Good Afternoon

Whew what a morning I started it by taking 4 kids to the dentist. That was crazy what was I thinking.

Goals for January: 190
Jan 1: 195.4
Jan 2: 194.4
Jan 3: 194
Jan 4: 193.8
Jan 5: 192.2
Jan 6: 193.6
Jan 7: 192.2
Jan 8: 192
Jan 9: 193.2
Jan 10: 191.6
Jan 11: 191

Menu:
B- coffee, sf vanilla, hwc, pecans, cottage cheese, blueberries
l- taco soup
d taco soup
149 BMI 24.8 normal
Upper Limit 140
Lower Limit 135

Nichole
nihold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:18 PM   #128
Shaz
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shaz
Stats: IN KG: 78.5
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Start Date: Jan 2018
Casey, Susan, Pam I think you are all right about withdrawal mixed with the flu thing. I woke up early this morning after another good nights sleep and I would have really good if I hadn’t had a banging headache! Today, I didn’t take painkillers but drank loads of water and also made sure to have a good breakfast.

Because I only lost 100 grams since yesterday, I weighed out the carbs as per DRNDR for induction (8oz of salad and the rest as broccoli and Chinese cabbage), to make sure that I’m having all the carbs.

I had to nap as well as I felt so tired and weak! I was also very ratty and craving something. My body kept telling me that a cigarette or a slice of bread would be good, I kept shouting at the kids and in the end, feel asleep. I was shivering too and it’s 36C today! And I don’t have air con! However, I didn’t eat that bread and I was too tired to bother with dragging myself to buy cigarettes
Shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:43 AM   #129
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 185/178.4/128 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning,

Shaz - good for you for holding out. This soon will pass. You are definately detoxing.

Susan - thanks. I am really trying hard. I don't have a lot in my frig (I mean at all) and money is tight because of the law suit we are paying cash for so it difficult to come up with lunches and dinners, but I try.

nihold - I remember taking 4 kids to the dentist. Nightmare. Talk about stressful. i had to start seperating them into 2's after awhile. Just wasn't worth "my" pain.

Cathy - I hope you feel better.

Casey, Pyroh13, Julie - HI!!!!

Wow did I have cravings yesterday. About mid day and they wouldn't go away. I tried 10 chocolate chips but that didn't help so ended up making those peanut butter muffins. That worked. Hope I don't have that today. Wish I had the ingredients for lemon fat bombs.

Menu:
B - Coffee, hwc, stevia, 2 eggs, ham, onion
L - turkey salad
D - 3 drum sticks, bake cabbage
S - Decaf, hwc, stevia, 2 peanut butter muffins, 10 chocolate chips (3 carbs)

Weights:
Jan 1 - 182
Jan 3 - 180.4
Jan 8 - 180.6
Jan 10 - 180.8
Jan 11 - 179.8
Jan 12 - 179

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 AM   #130
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kt_mom
Stats: 5'7 185/160.6/135
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 11/2015 restart 2/2016
Good morning ladies! I'm back and back on track. I didn't come here at all in December because, I wasn't eating on plan at all. And to be honest, I wasn't trying. I know that sounds bad, but I just couldn't do it. It was too busy and stressful and I just wasn't feeling it. The cravings were terrible and I just quit even trying. I had way too many mimosas and just ate whatever I wanted. The scale is definitely showing it. And I was high going into December already. But I am on track for January, although I have been kind of stuck for the last few days. I think I need to add more fatty beef to my diet though. I think I lose better when I eat red meat. I don't know why.

I'm going up to my sister in laws tomorrow after DS's basketball game in the morning. Its my nephews birthday. But both of my sister in law's are pregnant so it will be easier to stay on track on not have a drink at this get together.

Ameenah - so glad to see you back!

I briefly skimmed through some of last month and this one and it looks like many of us are starting the year out high. I was about 15.8 pounds higher than last January 1st. And it slower coming off too. But I am determined to get back to my low weight of 141. I think a key is getting in more red meat, especially at dinner. I don't track my food carefully but I think this is part of my thing. Anyone else find that eating more red meat helps them?

1-Jan 168.8
2-Jan 167.6
3-Jan 166
4-Jan 165.2
5-Jan 164.2
6-Jan 164.2
7-Jan 162.8
8-Jan 163.2
9-Jan 162
10-Jan 162
11-Jan 162.4

I have no idea what the gains are, I have been totally on track all week. Really hoping for a nice whoosh here soon. I didn't set a goal for this month but to be honest I'd love to see something in the mid to low 150's.
kt_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #131
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

hi, kt_mom!. You're down more than six pounds since the first of the year! Hang tough! And it's not surprising that it's coming off slower. That's why staying in a smaller range is preferable over gain, then diet, go off plan, gain, diet. YES, I do find that red meat helps me stay on track - and I think it's because I stay full longer. I've been able to cut back on snacking, especially in the evenings. When I started incorporating IF I found that I needed to increase my fat/protein at lunch and dinner.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:50 AM   #132
Kelibean81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/142/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF / Keto
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16 Restart Again 1/1/18
Hey everybody!

Sure enough, no sooner do I adjust my goal, and my body decides "nah, I'm good where I'm at" lol. I was sure I'd reach my original month goal of 145 today, but I guess I got overconfident. There is really no explanation for the little blip up on the scale today. I literally had rotisserie chicken for dinner last night. Nothing off plan. On the plus side, my body fat percentage on the scale this morning was much lower than in previous days. So I know good things are happening. Also, I put on a pair of jeans today that, when I was over 150, I was starting to get muffin top, but today, no muffin top at all! What a difference even 5 pounds makes! My stomach definitely feels so much flatter after nearly 2 weeks back on plan.

Now for the hard part. There is a new Mexican restaurant that just opened up. DH took DD there during the week and they can't stop raving about it, so he told me he wanted to take me there tonight. I don't want to turn him down because it's such a sweet gesture. However, it's definitely going to be a danger zone environment. The dinner shouldn't be a problem.... I'm already eyeing the skirt steak stuffed with shrimp on the menu. No tortillas, of course. But I CAN NOT have the chips and salsa. And the hardest part is this place apparently has an amazing tequila selection, and I really cannot have an alcoholic beverage because I'm afraid it will stall me. If worse comes to worse, I can see if they have maybe a skinny (sugar-free) margarita or something. They don't have their drink menu online.

This is where I struggle the most. It's Friday and it's been a tough week and there's nothing nicer than ending the week with an amazing dinner and some drinks. Normally if I am within my maintenance range, a drink or two on occasion isn't a huge issue, but right now after working so hard getting through the keto flu the last two weeks, and trying to get my body keto adapted again, I just don't want one meal to have to make me start over. I'm gonna need a LOT of willpower tonight. It CAN BE DONE!!! Cross your fingers for me, guys! I will try to come on here tonight after dinner to post how I did (to keep myself accountable!)

kt_mom - welcome back! Yep, your description of the last month describes me to a tee too. As delicious as all those "eating whatever I want" moments were, I sure felt like crap while I was off plan.

January Goal: 141

Jan 1 - 151.6
Jan 2 - 150.4
Jan 3 - 150.0
Jan 4 - 148.9
Jan 5 - 148.9
Jan 6 - 149.0
Jan 7 - 149.8
Jan 8 - 149.2 TOM
Jan 9 - 148.3 TOM
Jan 10 - 147.0 TOM
Jan 11 - 146.1 TOM
Jan 12 - 146.2 TOM

B - black coffee, omelette with cheese, bacon, sausage, onion, tomato, jalapeno, SF energy drink
L - salami, beef bouillon, powerade zero
D - steak relleno with shrimp

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - Originally met on July 29, 2016
Final Goal: 130 - Originally met on August 26, 2016
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-12-2018 at 07:59 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #133
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kt_mom
Stats: 5'7 185/160.6/135
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 11/2015 restart 2/2016
Kelly - by the end of the month I was miserable. I felt bloated and just gross. The food still tasted good and the mimosas were still delicious, but I knew I was ready to get back on track. Getting restarted was surprisingly easy. I am not really craving any of the crap right now which is good. I made it through the first weekend with no drinks and that always helps me. Normally I would be worried about going up to my sister in law's house but since everyone is pregnant it should be easy since I won't be tempted to have drinks with her. Alcohol stalls me pretty bad if I don't gain (which I usually do now) so I feel your pain about tonight! Like you though, I've kind of stalled out this week and I'm really hoping for a whoosh soon! It helps with motivation and it would be nice if my pants would fit better again, lol

Casey - I do the IF as well. I usually eat breakfast or lunch around 11ish and try to finish eating by 6 or 7pm. I had several days where I was getting a good amount of red meat. I made a London broil one night and then chilli another night and Sunday after church I had prime rib at lunch. But I haven't had anything since then and my losses have stalled out. I know my losses for the month are really good and I'm happy about that but I think I could maybe see better losses if I got a little more red meat in. It just seems to help me lose better. When I first started this in 2016 I was cooking a sirloin filet a couple times a week as well as eating plain hamburger meat from whatever I was fixing for the rest of the family at dinner and my losses were better. Maybe its the extra fat in the red meat.... I don't know. Some of those initial losses are water weight and bloat and that's part of why they have slowed down so I just want to make sure and keep things moving along.
kt_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #134
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Kelly I so relate to your struggles with the restaurant! Friday nights are the worst, it's been a long week and it feels like everyone else is celebrating, and I tell myself I deserve something "special". But I also know logically that every time I drink alcohol or even loosen my standards a bit, it sets me back almost a whole week. You're doing so great, keep on track! The you from next week will thank you for it. You've got a great plan of what you can eat. Keep that goal in mind, or bring a little mini-Casey on your shoulders to remind you of the right choices and why you want to make them. If I could manage to do that every time, I'd be in such a better place by now LOL. One thing that sometimes helps me is realizing that the part that makes eating out is the people and the atmosphere. Good luck, and enjoy the shrimp!

kt_mom Welcome back, and welcome to the post-holiday-blues club! It looks like a lot of us really indulged over the holiday - I personally put on 15 pounds. Yikes! But with this WOE it does come off fast.

As far as red meat, I never really thought about it but I can remember a lot of times having a big cheeseburger after egg fasting and being surprised at my loss because it feels like I should have gained. And it certainly is both satisfying and filling!

Pam Another loss, way to go! It's hard when money's tight. Keto is easier when you can buy nice big steaks and beef. Hopefully your cow gets here soon and you can feast a bit!

Shaz Way to go resisting those urges. You're cutting out so many habits at once. I'm amazed!!

nihold 4 kids to the dentist, yikes! I usually take my two, but now that they're both older teens it's so easy. Life with kids does get easier, but then again they are not as sweet as they used to be. It's a trade-off I guess.

belinda Feeling bad for the peanuts - too funny! Nice of you to show them they are still loved.

The scale moved down again. I have to fight that Friday mentality as well. I find myself thinking "I deserve a treat" or "everyone else is doing something special", and then couple that with tired and more emotional, and I make stupid choices. I'm going to try to hold the 150s in my head so I can resist.

I also get in this weird mindset where I almost mistrust the losses and I'm so sure it's going to stop that I eat more so I don't go into "starvation mode". Except I'm nowhere near starvation so I don't know where it comes from, but it makes me gain every time. I'm really going to be on alert this weekend to see if I can make it through.

I will definitely be eating more red meat, and will see if that makes a difference as well.

Happy Friday!

Susan

1/6 -167.7
1/7 - 166.2
1/8 - 164.8
1/9 - 162.8
1/10 - 161.9
1/11 - 161.0
1/12 - 160.4

10/13/17 - 153.3
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #135
Kelibean81
Major LCF Poster!

One interesting thing I've noticed after being at nearly induction levels for the last 12 days: Certain things like bread... tortillas... pasta... are suddenly no issue for me to say no to. Like tonight, I'm not even tempted by the thought of tortillas with my dinner because honestly the steak and shrimp are the best part and what I'm truly craving. As for the drinks... well, that's a tougher habit to break. I've just worked so hard to finally re-adapt my body again that it's just not worth starting over. I've done it too many times and every time it's the same - all those off plan foods do not make me feel good in the long run!

Susan - I LOVE your post about bringing a little "mini-Casey" along to sit on my shoulders! It's true though! I remember her post from over the summer about insisting that going out really does not need to involve alcohol. I don't know why that's so hard, but truly it shouldn't be a big deal! The food and the enjoyment of the company are what is most important! And it also doesn't mean I can never have alcohol again when going out, but that is something that's easier to do when I'm in maintenance and I plan accordingly for it. Right now, I am not near my maintenance range, and I do not have time for a week long setback!

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-12-2018 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #136
TxTornado
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TxTornado
Stats: 278.8/265.8/170)
Start Date: 1/3/2018
start - 178.8
1/4 - 176.8
1/5 - 175.2
1/6 - 171.8
1/7 - 173.0
1/8 - 168.8
1/9 - 168.0
1/10 - 165.8
I missed a day somewhere
1/12 164.8

I declare yesterday a huge success. I ate at the golden corral after I got my hair cut.
I stuck to brisket without bbq sauce and ribs without bbq sauce. I also had some roast beef from a pot roast and some green beans and button mushrooms. More exciting that that my cravings are subsidiing and I am feeling full again. This is amazing good news for me!!
TxTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #137
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 185/178.4/128 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Wow you all amaze me with your weight loss

Kelly - You can do it. Mexican is my favorite. If you change your mind think of what would do the least amount of damage. Like vodka and diet coke with lime. Vodka, soda, with lemon. Enjoy and let use know how it went.

Susan - The cow comes tomorrow or Monday. I am so excited. I will have steak, ribs, beef stews, roasts. We were suppose to get it last September, but we had to push it back because of money. Oh well. Now I get a whole cow in the freezer and that should last us 1 year of organic grass fed meat

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #138
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

lol - mini-Casey . I take that as a compliment!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #139
gayandgray
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gayandgray
Ive been busy and havenít posted but Iím still eating on plan and chugging along!!!!!! I havenít weighed myself but my clothes are still tight so I donít think Iíve lost anything yet..........
gayandgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #140
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ameenah
Stats: 171.4/174/150
WOE: Atkins...low carb
Start Date: Again and Again/restart 5/1/16 restart 12/27/17
Hello friends

Just wanna say you guys are doing great. We have some pretty solid losses going on.

To those feeling yucky, hope you feel better in the next few days.

To everyone else, keep it up and stay focused. This has been a great start to the new year.

Jan Goal 165

Jan 1 169.2
Jan 2 167.8
Jan 3 167
Jan 4 168
Jan 5 167.4
Jan 6 167
Jan 7 166.6
Jan 8 165.4
Jan 9 165.2
Jan 10 165.4
Jan 11 165.4
Jan 12 165

I am so happy to have met goal in just 12 days. I want to change it but will wait until my vacation is over. I have no plans on cheating as I am finally not craving sweets but we are going to Disney and there is always so much yummy stuff around. Wish me luck and best wishes to all of you as we enter the 2nd weekend of the year.

Have a great evening and a wonderful weekend.

Start Weight: Dec 27 2017 - 174
Goal Weight: 150
Goal Met
Maintenance Range 150-155

DETERMINATION GOT ME TO MY GOAL WEIGHT, COMMITMENT WILL KEEP ME HERE
Ameenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #141
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

good job, Ameenah!. When do you leave for Disney? Hopefully, all the walking will offset any treats!
Old 01-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #142
pyroh13
Senior LCF Member

No change today but testing strips say I am in deep ketosis so I am not worried. Waiting for the woosh.
Goal-289

Jan 9th- 307.9
Jan 10th- 304.6
Jan 11th- 303.1
Jan 12th- 303.1
Old 01-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #143
Kelibean81
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight was a success!!! I kept reminding myself of Susan’s comment that “next week’s me will thank me!” and I am so glad I stuck to plan!

They had Miller 64 so I had just one. I did not have a single chip! I ordered Steak Relleno which was this amazing tender skirt steak stuffed with cheese, shrimp and some peppers and onions. It was SO good! I ate the entire thing but didn’t touch any rice, beans or tortillas. I came home and my ketostix were still dark purple! So happy!

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-12-2018 at 08:17 PM..
Old 01-13-2018, 06:24 AM   #144
Kelibean81
Major LCF Poster!

Well, no big loss today, but no gain! That is officially a first after going out for Mexican food!

Jan 1 - 151.6
Jan 2 - 150.4
Jan 3 - 150.0
Jan 4 - 148.9
Jan 5 - 148.9
Jan 6 - 149.0
Jan 7 - 149.8
Jan 8 - 149.2 TOM
Jan 9 - 148.3 TOM
Jan 10 - 147.0 TOM
Jan 11 - 146.1 TOM
Jan 12 - 146.2 TOM
Jan 13 - 145.9 TOM

B - black coffee, cream cheese pancake, bacon
D - prime rib

Kelly

Old 01-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #145
pyroh13
Senior LCF Member

Not a whoosh but still moving in the right direction its hard to adjust to not the rapid losses I am used to but again I am no longer walking 15 miles a day so of course its slower.

Goal-289

Jan 9th- 307.9
Jan 10th- 304.6
Jan 11th- 303.1
Jan 12th- 303.1
Jan 13th- 302.3
Old 01-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #146
Shaz
Junior LCF Member

Well, I woke up this morning feeling excellent and took DD1 out shopping. I found some fantastic recipes online and had buttered cabbage and spinach with my dinner - it was delicious. I would never have thought of frying vegetables in butter but now I’ve done it once, I can see that it’s the only way forward!

I think I misread the scales this morning as I’m sure they said 76.7kg but more likely it was 77.6kg which seems more realistic but I shall see when I get up tomorrow. Sadly, my insomnia is back again tonight but I think that’s more due to pain than anything else as my hip is hurting a lot tonight (I woke up last week and my hip was hurting, I’m hoping it will fix itself but I think on Monday I will have to see the doc about it as it will be 12 days by then).

The not smoking and no caffeine is going well and sugar isn’t even on my radar anymore. Yesterday and today everyone was eating chocolate and biscuits and it didn’t bother me at all
Old 01-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #147
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

hi, All!. I'm pleased to hear such good reports today!!! Sending my most positive vibes out to all of you!

I will be starting a dogsitting job this week - and you guys know that's my biggest challenge. But I won't be having to spend the nights... Just walking the three labs during the day and doing the evening feeding. My plan will be to eat NONE of their food - the house food, I mean... Not the dog food. Ha. I think this will be easier since I won't be spending the night. And I'll be getting a good amount of steps, since I can't walk all three at once so I do two 2-mile walks.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #148
Shaz
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday the scales were telling the truth. Today the scales said 76.8kg, so no loss, actually 100g heavier but I am wondering about the amount of food. On days that I am eating so much itís awful, I have the most loss. I naturally have a small appetite but Iíve noted that eating 3 meals and ensuring my carb are around 20g means that I lose more than when I eat to my appetite and only have say 10g carbs a day, despite the protein/fat also being lower.

So I think perhaps the take home message for me is that I must ensure I eat more and hit the carb count every time!
Old 01-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #149
Kelibean81
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning everyone!

It has been a successful on-plan weekend so far. I even managed to have one glass of red wine with dinner last night and it doesn’t seem to have stalled me. We will see tomorrow if there is a one day delay.

Tomorrow I am off with DD for MLK Day and I am taking her to Rainforest Cafť for lunch. Already planning on getting a burger with no bun and maybe add on a shrimp skewer on the side (can’t remember if that’s an option there or not). Then we are going to a movie, so I plan to bring some LC snacks in my purse like beef jerkey and cheese sticks. Fortunately I was never a big snacker at the movies so I don’t find the popcorn and candy too tempting. I feel so much better on-plan consistently. Giving up the sugar and carbs is so worth it!!!

Jan 1 - 151.6
Jan 2 - 150.4
Jan 3 - 150.0
Jan 4 - 148.9
Jan 5 - 148.9
Jan 6 - 149.0
Jan 7 - 149.8
Jan 8 - 149.2 TOM
Jan 9 - 148.3 TOM
Jan 10 - 147.0 TOM
Jan 11 - 146.1 TOM
Jan 12 - 146.2 TOM
Jan 13 - 145.9 TOM
Jan 14 - 144.3

B - black coffee, omelette with bacon and feta
D - Sous Vide ribeye

Kelly

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-14-2018 at 08:36 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #150
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Shaz So glad those cravings and headaches are behind you! Now it's on to the fun part - seeing the results!!

Kelly Congratulations on the eating-out success! Mini-Casey was there for you! LOL. How great that you can still enjoy your social life AND see such great losses on the scale.

And yes, Casey, the mini-Casey is definitely a compliment. You are always a voice of reason and good judgment, and such a help when I want to give in to a stupid choice. Thanks for always being there!

I also brought my mini-Casey last night when we went out for prime rib. I had a few sips of wine, ALMOOOOOST ordered a glass, but then I didn't. I still ate too much quantity-wise, but stayed on plan! Alcohol is trouble for me, not because of the carbs, but because it loosens my inhibitions and makes that food look so darn good! When I'm back to where I want to be, I love to work it in, but it's losing time, baby!!

I'm very happy to be back in the 150's. This morning the scale first told me 160.8 - I was so sad! Not surprised, because I definitely ate too much and have had little activity this weekend, but still ... That little shock has me very much re-focused though. I really want to get down to 157 or so so that even when I bump up a bit, I don't have to see those 160's again. I worked hard getting out of that decade!!

Susan

B: bulletproof coffee
L: cheeseburger
D: ribs

1/6 -167.7
1/7 - 166.2
1/8 - 164.8
1/9 - 162.8
1/10 - 161.9
1/11 - 161.0
1/12 - 160.4
1/13 - 159.7