Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #991
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
You and your wife are probably out at the desert right now. At least I hope so; hope you are able to relax a little and have some good quality conversation/fun. I know it is a place that you used to enjoy being and hope that you enjoy it this time too, find some peace. I know it won't be quite the same with all that's going on with you. I just don't have the words to say, can't imagine what you and your wife are feeling. I am so glad that you stay as positive as you do and keep your faith. I hope you both had a good time today.

I stayed home, inside all day except to get out and walk for my hour. Temp in the 30s. Chicken wasn't thawed so put it off until tomorrow. Just had a cup of soup & moz cheese for both lunch and dinner so came in around 700 cals for the day and maybe 50 carbs. Tomato soup is kinda up there in carbs. DH had tortilla fiesta soup, even higher & also 4 pieces bread/butter & crackers. I know we have all accepted that we can't just eat all the crappy carbs we want but it still always seems 'weird' to watch those normal people eat it all and never gain an extra ounce. And seem quite healthy to boot. DUH.
Hi Kris Just got back from the desert. It was nice. Rode the ebike. Had a few beers, but no dinner. In the past, when got home I'd want an order of nachos.

Last night I passed on dinner too. If I feel like my stomach isn't gonna process it well, then i'd rather opt for a safer night's sleep.


October 22: --------------------------239.2
October 23: --------------------------238.7

October 28----------------------------237.3
October 29----------------------------236.2
October 30----------------------------237.2

November 5---------------------------232.7
November 6---------------------------233.2

November 10----------------------- --232.1
November 11--------------------------232.1
November 12--------------------------233.8
November 15--------------------------230.6

The ales were fun, but I don't have the capacity to pound em like I used to. Sounds like you're still trying. An hour walk is great!! Any more good results? Or treading water?

Well it's amazing how clean my thought life is these days. Nothing like preparing to meet one's Maker to make one realize how unclean their thought life is.

At least for me. Men's minds tend to wonder off into bad stuff. But now I immediately catch it and tell myself to think on things above, not on things below. What so ever things are pure, lovely, of a good report, think on these things.

If I thought I was gonna live another 25 years, then i might toy with a bad thought life. Now I see God standing right before me and I want to avoid evil because it does not please God. So I like how much easier it is to obey God when I know I'm in the position of not being able to get away with it.

Isn't it just so interesting how God puts us here and then He hides Himself from us? He gives us freedom to live how ever we want. And because people don't see Him with their eyes, they can behave as if He does not exist. And Christians can do the same. I have. Now I am busy repenting every day, and if feels right and I like it.

Well, I have become more popular of late. I'm like the kid who got his tonsils taken out and everyone comes to see him in the hospital. Where was all this love before he got sick?

The attention is nice, I do feel loved. I am using this time as a platform to challenge my brothers to think more in light of eternity. We tend to get (as the bible says) "caught up in the cares of this life." And it's not wrong to take care of things, it's necessary. But often we find ourselves too busy for God.

We find ourselves living for ourselves more than living for God. Why is that? As if He's to be avoided because He requires holiness from us. Yes, He requires it and He has taken care of all the times we have been unholy as well. God is good.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 06:01 AM   #992
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Glad you and DW were able to get some R&R, exercise and even a few ales. Sounds like fun. And down to 230! I realize weightloss is not your main focus right now but congrats anyhow.

Yes, I'm still trying, maybe doing slightly better then treading water but no loss to brag about. I finally got back down after the bounce up from all the Veterans dinners & beer last weekend.

Roast chicken yesterday & the leftovers today so keeping it LC. Not sure if I'll get a chance to walk but hoping to, may have to be at the mall. I am trying hard to work on getting better sleep, but no matter what I do I keep waking up tossing and turning all night, can't go back to sleep.
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
13 Oct 2017 - 147
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #993
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Glad you and DW were able to get some R&R, exercise and even a few ales. Sounds like fun. And down to 230! I realize weightloss is not your main focus right now but congrats anyhow.

Yes, I'm still trying, maybe doing slightly better then treading water but no loss to brag about. I finally got back down after the bounce up from all the Veterans dinners & beer last weekend.

Roast chicken yesterday & the leftovers today so keeping it LC. Not sure if I'll get a chance to walk but hoping to, may have to be at the mall. I am trying hard to work on getting better sleep, but no matter what I do I keep waking up tossing and turning all night, can't go back to sleep.
Yes Kris keep up that walking. Have you tried melatonin for sleep. Totally safe stuff. It's not like a sleeping pill. It's natural.

I doubt you'd want to or even could get a hold of an Indica tincture. That stuff will make you sleep and it would kill cancer cells too. Plus it's just good for the body's endo cannabinoidal system. I'm sure I spelled that wrong.

I'm taking this new product called Salacinium. Spelled wrong I'm sure. It's a fake sugar molecule with another molecule attached to it. Normal cells reject it, but anerrobic cells (cancer cells, some viruses, etc.) take it in along with the other molecule (a long name that isn't good for cancer cells).

Without boring you with the details, it throws things off for the cancer. Mine is an oral form. The IV bags are $575 a piece. And you're supposed to go thru 21 sessions once a day. That's a lot of cash. Not to mention time as well.

Talking about better sleep, I put my infra-red heating pad in bed last night. That kept the one area that affects the heart area from bothering me.

Well Kris I hope you hang on to your new mojo and keep on goin. Don't worry about losing fast. Just learn a better way to eat and drink.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 AM   #994
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Good Morning! Just tried to walk but it I got a mile away and it started sleeting in my face, I'm soaked. Had to get back home walking in the sleet. Cant run due to really sore heel from the plantar faciacious or however you spell it. Guess I'm falling apart.

Skipped dinner so down a pound today I think At least it seemed like it but I weighed early before coffee I will try the melatonin you suggested, I had read that too, just hadn't been out to get anything yet.

Wow that's some expensive IV bags for you. Hope it works

Not much to report, a boring gray cold sleeting day. It's Friday so may go out for a burger and broccoli but if not I've got lots of LC food I've been cooking lately. Boiling chicken carcass right now for bone broth soup, no carbs added except small celery L& onion
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
13 Oct 2017 - 147
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #995
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Good Morning! Just tried to walk but it I got a mile away and it started sleeting in my face, I'm soaked. Had to get back home walking in the sleet. Cant run due to really sore heel from the plantar faciacious or however you spell it. Guess I'm falling apart.

Skipped dinner so down a pound today I think At least it seemed like it but I weighed early before coffee I will try the melatonin you suggested, I had read that too, just hadn't been out to get anything yet.

Wow that's some expensive IV bags for you. Hope it works

Not much to report, a boring gray cold sleeting day. It's Friday so may go out for a burger and broccoli but if not I've got lots of LC food I've been cooking lately. Boiling chicken carcass right now for bone broth soup, no carbs added except small celery L& onion
Sounds good. Hi Kris Keep up the good attitude.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:37 AM   #996
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Saturday morning in drizzly gray Illinois. Can't walk outside - OK going to HAVE to get the exercise bike plugged in & set up, I've been dragging my feet Fridays are kind of my "official weigh day" even tho I tend to weigh every day and I was the same as last week as yesterday. So no loss, but also no gain with all of those Veteran's festivities/buffetts I attended so I'm not totally bummed but also not thrilled I had bounced up and it took all week to get back to my low.

I've gotten a little better at holding back/passing up the good stuff when out but still need improvement. Had the burger basket at our favorite burger joint last night and swapped the awesome fries for the not so awesome broccoli but still ate most of the bun and washed it down with beer Didn't over do on the beer tho, only stayed out a couple of hours. Also just had chicken broth for lunch so had some jiggle room I don't plan on going out much the rest of the weekend.

Hope you get to enjoy your weekend GB
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
13 Oct 2017 - 147
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #997
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Saturday morning in drizzly gray Illinois. Can't walk outside - OK going to HAVE to get the exercise bike plugged in & set up, I've been dragging my feet Fridays are kind of my "official weigh day" even tho I tend to weigh every day and I was the same as last week as yesterday. So no loss, but also no gain with all of those Veteran's festivities/buffetts I attended so I'm not totally bummed but also not thrilled I had bounced up and it took all week to get back to my low.

I've gotten a little better at holding back/passing up the good stuff when out but still need improvement. Had the burger basket at our favorite burger joint last night and swapped the awesome fries for the not so awesome broccoli but still ate most of the bun and washed it down with beer Didn't over do on the beer tho, only stayed out a couple of hours. Also just had chicken broth for lunch so had some jiggle room I don't plan on going out much the rest of the weekend.

Hope you get to enjoy your weekend GB
Well thank you Kris. So you're getting better at holding off on the food and drinks that are bad for you. I'm hoping that you're getting better at it in the sense that you view these foods as sinister.

It's going to be nearly impossible to leave these bad choices behind if you still view them as your friend or as friendly items. "Look at that beautiful burger sitting there waiting to be consumed." No. It's actually NOT beautiful for you.

For others, yes. For you no. I need to heed my own advice. Beer still looks wonderful to me.

Yesterday I got my first IV infusion of this Salicinium stuff. Sounds promising. I'm going to see a Chinese guy today. His English is broken. I have no idea what he offers, but I guess he did wonders for one cancer patient.

I like anything the FDA does not approve of. Lol. If it isn't the American way, it probably works better. We are so messed up here in America ever since medicine turned it's nose against plants and herbs and opted for man-made substances that we call medicine today.

I'll let you know how it goes.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #998
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
yes GB let me know how it goes. I it goes well for you. And yes, the fries didn't tempt me, I'm starting to see them as the enemy and I liked the broccoli OK; I'd do that again. But the burger was still great to me - guess I haven't put burgers on the "bad" list yet as I associate them with LC??

Today I put shredded chicken breast in a pan with a little butter, topped with 1 strip bacon, smidge of bar B Q sauce, then Monterey Jack cheese and grilled it all, even flipped it. It was really good and LC. Made same for DH only on buttered bread & grilled like a gourmet grilled cheese. He loved it with some stovetop stuffing. I'm hoping to not eat again today. We are staying home watching HBO movies all day since it's FREE HBO weekend here

I did try the melatonin last night - took it at 9, went to bed at 10 & fell asleep OK but awake at 12:15 and didn't fall back asleep ALL night. I'm really having a tough time sleeping. Hate just laying there tossing and turning and thinking about stuff I don't want to think about. Now I just feel like laying around all day. Its nasty out anyway.
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
13 Oct 2017 - 147
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #999
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
yes GB let me know how it goes. I it goes well for you. And yes, the fries didn't tempt me, I'm starting to see them as the enemy and I liked the broccoli OK; I'd do that again. But the burger was still great to me - guess I haven't put burgers on the "bad" list yet as I associate them with LC??

Today I put shredded chicken breast in a pan with a little butter, topped with 1 strip bacon, smidge of bar B Q sauce, then Monterey Jack cheese and grilled it all, even flipped it. It was really good and LC. Made same for DH only on buttered bread & grilled like a gourmet grilled cheese. He loved it with some stovetop stuffing. I'm hoping to not eat again today. We are staying home watching HBO movies all day since it's FREE HBO weekend here

I did try the melatonin last night - took it at 9, went to bed at 10 & fell asleep OK but awake at 12:15 and didn't fall back asleep ALL night. I'm really having a tough time sleeping. Hate just laying there tossing and turning and thinking about stuff I don't want to think about. Now I just feel like laying around all day. Its nasty out anyway.
I thought u were talking about a burger with a bun.

How many milligrams of mel did you take? Standard is 3mg per capsule. Keep upping the dose until you sleep. Some people take 5 or 6 caps a night. I was taking 4. But the Indica is stronger than melatonin, so I've been using two caps a night. Don't need as much.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #1000
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!
 
schaferk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Rock Island, IL
Posts: 1,173
Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
How many milligrams of mel did you take? Standard is 3mg per capsule. Keep upping the dose until you sleep. Some people take 5 or 6 caps a night. I was taking 4. But the Indica is stronger than melatonin, so I've been using two caps a night. Don't need as much.
I'll have to ask my friend. He gave me some of his since I've been having so much trouble sleeping. The 2 nights before I tried taking allergy medicines and then last night tried his melatonin. It was in gummy bears and I took two.
__________________
7 Apr 2017 - 140.5
21 Aug 2017 - 139
13 Oct 2017 - 147
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #1001
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!
 
GoBahnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,959
Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
I'll have to ask my friend. He gave me some of his since I've been having so much trouble sleeping. The 2 nights before I tried taking allergy medicines and then last night tried his melatonin. It was in gummy bears and I took two.
Ok. Probably 6 grams then. But until you know what your taking, maybe just up in one tonight.

You can't really hurt yourself with it. Those who take large amounts sometimes report more vivid and real like dreams.

Well my DW went to a Thanksgiving party where lots of my wealthy clients get together this time of year. I was there last year and didn't like getting so much attention due to the new diagnosis.

I was planning on going anyway, but my days just aren't about going out anymore. It's all about management of the disease now.

Oh, I saw the Chinese guy. Turns out he was Vietnamese. Really hard to understand his English. He checked my pulse on both wrists and said I had cancer in the kidneys and liver. He looked troubled. Then he went on about the medicine he "knows" I will need.

Problem is it comes from China and might not be available. Could cost thousands if it is. I'm very leery to say the least. His supposed correct guess about cancer location could have come from my wife telling over the phone, that it had spread everywhere.
__________________
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.