Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #31
rosethorns
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
I agree Bless you lil heart!!!
I thank you Sir.

May we all live our life as long as we want!

Last edited by rosethorns; 10-26-2011 at 02:54 PM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
CreekWatcher
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CreekWatcher
locarbman, I went to what I believe is the location of the source you're talking about (I've ordered from them in the past), but I'll be darned if I can find anywhere on their mess of a website a price for the newtame (there's an information page for it). I even tried using advance Google search with their home url. [This is the site that lists liquid tobacco flavoring (?!).]

Also, I noticed that in their information they credit 1oz of pure sucralose powder as being the equivalent of 50 lbs of sugar, or about 100 cups, where you say 171 cups. (If your chart is right and they're wrong, they are greatly disadvantaging themselves.)

One more thing--do you have any updates about mixing up diluted (more manageable) sucralose powders? What are you using now as a distributing agent?

...Thanks!
CreekWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #33
24Fan
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 24Fan
Stats: from 2004 to 2006 lost 118 lbs. Maintaining
WOE: Atkins, low carb maintaining
Start Date: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by judytab View Post
As well as the argument betweeen Kevin and Bobo which was very interesting. I may be wrong, but I always thought this thread might have been the reason that Bobo left LCF. I've missed him also.
I do too, Judy. Miss Bobo's posts and recipes. His pictures were always droolworthy.

I am ordering the powdered pure sucralose this week. Thank you LCM for all your work and making it easy for us to mix it up.

Last edited by 24Fan; 10-27-2011 at 04:36 AM..
24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #34
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbman
Stats: 289/180/185
WOE: Atkins/Maintenance
Start Date: September 1998
“I went to what I believe is the location of the source you're talking about (I've ordered from them in the past), but I'll be darned if I can find anywhere on their mess of a website a price for the newtame (there's an information page for it). I even tried using advance Google search with their home url. [This is the site that lists liquid tobacco flavoring (?!).]”

Hi CW,

I placed my most recent order for 4oz Neotame Powder (for family and friends ;-) 9/15 with payment through PayPal. I received an email from the source indicating they were ‘out of stock’, that shipment would take about 1 month and asking if I wished them to return my payment or wait for shipment. I told them I would wait, keep the $197.10 and ship when available. Several days later, I revisited their site and noted that the Neotame icon no longer appeared on their website. I emailed them asking if this meant they were no longer going to sell Neotame powder. They responded in a rather ambiguous manner. I’m still waiting for my 4oz… ;-) I will try emailing them again and will let you know what I find. Yes, this is the source that also sells Tobacco Flavors ;-).

Here are the emails:

From PayPal Sep 15, 201118:56:26 PDT
Description:Pure Neotame Powder: 1 oz., Item#:>> Unit price:$48.00 USD>> Qty:4>> Amount:$192.00 USD>> >> Subtotal: $192.00 USD>> Shipping and handling: $5.10 USD>> Total: $197.10 USD>> >> Payment: $197.10 USD>> Payment sent to: rd@ahfni.com
>Subject: RE: Notification of payment received>>Hi,Ralph:>This item is out of stock. You need to wait for at least one month. >So do you want to wait for it , or just return the money to you?>Thanks>David
From Ralph Sep 17, 20117:49 AM
Hi David, I will be happy to 'wait for it' ;-)Thanks for making this product available! Cheers, Ralph
Subject: ATTN: David re: Neotame Powder orders
Hi David,> > I recently find that Neotame Powder has been removed from your website. and also find that I am unable to connect to your other website.> > I was surprised and then concerned. Does this mean that you will no longer be supplying this product?> > Thanks for any clarification you may provide…> > Ralph
We are waiting for the answer of manufacturer.Thanks for your info of XXX.com and we'll contact the webmaster Thanks David

Something appears to be going on…??? I will address your other questions soon... ;-)
locarbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #35
24Fan
Senior LCF Member

LCM, it's no longer available from that seller? I found him on eBay this week and was going to place an order.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #36
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Fan View Post
LCM, it's no longer available from that seller? I found him on eBay this week and was going to place an order.
Well...I would give it a try...and you might let us know what happens... ;-) I am confident that my order will arrive and that they will resume sales as soon as they work out the delay with the "manufacturer"...

PS: Aren't grandkids fun!

Just received this message from my granddaughter Kira (sent her the Time Life Collection "The Teen Years" (10 CD's of 50's and 60's music) for her 15th birthday)

"Hey grandpa! I LOVE MY PRESENT! all that music is just so cheerful to listen to. thank you very much!! and my goodness that was a lot of money! goodness sakes grandpa. thank you!! I put most of it in savings- though I think I'm going to buy some new headphones with it and that was a cute little card. thank you- I love you!"

;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 10-28-2011 at 10:57 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #37
24Fan
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbman View Post
PS: Aren't grandkids fun!

Just received this message from my granddaughter Kira (sent her the Time Life Collection "The Teen Years" (10 CD's of 50's and 60's music) for her 15th birthday)

"Hey grandpa! I LOVE MY PRESENT! all that music is just so cheerful to listen to. thank you very much!! and my goodness that was a lot of money! goodness sakes grandpa. thank you!! I put most of it in savings- though I think I'm going to buy some new headphones with it and that was a cute little card. thank you- I love you!"

;-)
Sweet story thanks for the uplifting moment and yes, grandkids are the bestest

Alrighty, I'll try ordering it now and will let you guys know what's what
Old 10-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #38
24Fan
Senior LCF Member

Sorry, thought you meant the pure sucralose was out of stock, LCM.

Just ordered some from that seller and came back to say it's in stock lol
Old 10-30-2011, 04:32 AM   #39
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sorry, thought you meant the pure sucralose was out of stock, LCM.

Just ordered some from that seller and came back to say it's in stock lol
LOL! I guess we can blame CW for the 'thread jack' (Neotame question in a Sucralose thread...just kidding CW ;-)

Have Fun!!! ;-)
Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #40
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

CW Hi again ;-)

Regarding your question “Also, I noticed that in their information they credit 1oz of pure sucralose powder as being the equivalent of 50 lbs of sugar, or about 100 cups, where you say 171 cups. (If your chart is right and they're wrong, they are greatly disadvantaging themselves.)”

My chart is based upon the ‘sweetness equivalence’ per teaspoon of Sucralose powder to to 600 teaspoons of sugar and does not reflect variables such as weight, density, etc. which in my opinion rather confuses the issue which is simply ‘sugar equivalence’.

This is my favorite source and is the basis for my calculations:

Pure Sucralose Powder is 600 times as sweet as table sugar (per this press release from The American Council on Science and Health):

New York, NY. April 1, 1998—The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH), a consortium of more than 250 scientists and physicians today applauded approval of the use of a new noncaloric sweetener, sucralose, by the federal Food and Drug Administration.

“This approval significantly broadens the dietary choices of Americans ” stated Dr. Elizabeth Whelan, president of ACSH.

Sucralose is made from table sugar, or sucrose, which is then slightly modified to make it even sweeter and able to resist metabolism by the body. The resulting compound is approximately 600 times sweeter than sugar, and thus can be used in truly tiny amounts to sweeten a wide variety of foods.

Unlike some other alternative sweeteners, sucralose does not break down when heated. This ability to withstand high temperatures will allow food producers and consumers to use sucralose in cooking and baking a wide variety of foods. It will also be available as a table-top sweetener.

After reviewing over 100 studies of humans or animals, the FDA found no evidence that sucralose would have any toxic effects—whether carcinogenic, reproductive or neurologic. Stated ACSH director of nutrition Dr. Ruth Kava, “Approval of sucralose is a real step in the right direction.”

For more information about sucralose, see the ACSH booklet Low-Calorie Sweeteners under Publications, or contact Dr. Elizabeth M. Whelan, president or Dr. Ruth Kava, director of nutrition. ACSH is a consortium of over 250 scientists and physicians.”

Thus, I have chosen the sweetness of 1 teaspoon Sucralose powder per 600 teaspoons of sugar equivalence (key word equivalence) and the measure of 2.07 grams per teaspoon of Sucralose powder (weighed by the Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy) as the basis for calculating sweetness equivalents for increments of Sucralose powder in this chart:

Sucralose Powder (sugar equivalents):
..............Cups....Teaspoons
1oz.......171.25 .......8220
1t..........12.50.........600
1/2t.........6.25.........300
1/4t.........3.13.........150
1/8t.........1.56...........75
1/16t........0.78..........37.50
1/32t........0.39..........18.75
1/64t........0.20............9.38
1/128t......0.10............4.69
1/256t......0.05............2.34
1/512t......0.02............1.17

Other references choose to express Sucralose powder to sugar relationships in terms of ounces Sucralose powder to pounds of sugar with…varying results (and math skills? ;-). I am comfortable with the calculations in the above chart. If 1 teaspoon Sucralose powder is equal to 600 teaspoons sugar equivalence then 13.7 teaspoons sucralose powder does equal 8220 teaspoons sugar equivalence (13.7t * 600tsugeq) and 171.25 cups sugar equivalence per ounce(8220tsugeq / 48tpercup). The Online Conversion Site ‘weight to volume Cooking Conversion’ indicates an equivalence of “171.25 cup [US] = 72.35 pounds for substance (sugar, granulated), with a density of 0.81g/ml”.

I guess that what I’m saying is that the above chart is the best I can do…and it works for me…

Hope this helps and I wouldn’t worry about the suppliers if they don’t know much about what they are selling as long as we know what we are buying! ;-)

And, "One more thing--do you have any updates about mixing up diluted (more manageable) sucralose powders? What are you using now as a distributing agent?"

Not sure I understand, I was hoping posts #28 and #29 would help for mixing smaller amounts of sucralose powder to make liquid Sucralose if that is what you are looking for. As for mediums I use for liquid Sucralose, they are water and my preferred Vegetable Glycerine...for powders I still use FoodScience of Vermonts Clearly Fiber... glad to discuss further if I have misunderstood your question... ;-?

Last edited by locarbman; 10-30-2011 at 05:00 AM..
Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #41
CreekWatcher
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your replies, locarbman. My Frontier internet has been down now 5 days and counting (?!); am back on today with roadrunner.

I shall in all matters of calculation happily defer to you rather than to the vendor; and in any case the price of pure sucralose is pretty cheap.

I'm interested in making up a diluted sucralose powder that's nearly carb-free for those few apps that are totally dry; and it was in fact the Vermonts Clearly fiber that I remembered you discussing before, except that the name had slipped my mind. Thanks again!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #42
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekWatcher View Post
I'm interested in making up a diluted sucralose powder that's nearly carb-free for those few apps that are totally dry; and it was in fact the Vermonts Clearly fiber that I remembered you discussing before, except that the name had slipped my mind. Thanks again!
Thanks CW ;-),

Here is the mixture I am using:

1 teaspoon Sucralose Powder + 12.5 Tablespoons of FoodScience of Vermont's "Clearly Fiber" (Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin) Powder = 12.5 Tablespoons "LCF Splenda Packet Dry Mix ;-)” where 1/16th teaspoon = 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence, 1/8th teaspoon = 2 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Packet) and 1 tablespoon = 48 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Quick Pack Packet), 0 net carbs... ;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 11-02-2011 at 02:25 AM..
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #43
sistertzu
Resident crazy dog lady

Gallery: sistertzu
Stats: 244/goal -90 Atkins/IF
WOE: VLC/no grain/ minimal dairy
Start Date: originally march 08 but every day is a fresh start
Quote:
Thanks CW ;-),

1 teaspoon Sucralose Powder + 12.5 Tablespoons of FoodScience of Vermont's "Clearly Fiber" (Digestive Resistant Maltodextrin) Powder = 12.5 Tablespoons "LCF Splenda Packet Dry Mix ;-)” where 1/16th teaspoon = 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence, 1/8th teaspoon = 2 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Packet) and 1 tablespoon = 48 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Quick Pack Packet), 0 net carbs... ;-)
What is the purpose of using the digestive resistant maltodextrin? Is it just a filler or does it have some other purpose? When I use powdered sucralose I use a small stevia spoon to portion it out, using it as is.

RIP Daisy Dog 1/26/1997 - 7/11/2012

Not every person knows how to love a dog, but every dog knows how to love a person.
sistertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
24Fan
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks CW ;-),

1 tablespoon = 48 teaspoons sugar equivalence (= 1 Splenda Quick Pack Packet), 0 net carbs... ;-)
1 tablespoon of pure powdered sucralose will equal 1 cup of sugar sweetness , LCM?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #45
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistertzu View Post
What is the purpose of using the digestive resistant maltodextrin? Is it just a filler or does it have some other purpose? When I use powdered sucralose I use a small stevia spoon to portion it out, using it as is.
Hi sisterzu,

Fiber is merely a convenient way to make Sucralose powder (600 times as sweet as sugar) measurable for use in the kitchen...and is a benefit to good health (The USDA specifies an amount of dietary fiber one should consume daily ;-)

Many have enjoyed using the Splenda products 'Splenda packets' and 'Splenda packet Dry Mix' which use a Maltodextrin (carbohydrate) filler. This blend allows the creation of 0 carb equivalents for these products and for (more easily and accurately ;-) measuring teaspoon equivalents for sugar substitution in recipes.

I find the blend quite useful in Auntie's coffee and as a replacement for Splenda Quick Packs... ;-)
Old 11-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #46
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
1 tablespoon of pure powdered sucralose will equal 1 cup of sugar sweetness , LCM?
LOL! NO! 1 Tablespoon of the Fiber/Sucralose powder Blend does... ;-)

'1 tablespoon pure powdered sucralose' is equal to 37.5 cups of sugar sweetness! Per the chart above, 1t pure powdered sucralose = 12.5c sugar sweetness. 1 Tablespoon pure powdered sucralose would then be equivalent to 37.5 cups of sugar sweetness... ;-)
Old 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #47
sistertzu
Resident crazy dog lady

Quote:
Hi sisterzu,

Fiber is merely a convenient way to make Sucralose powder (600 times as sweet as sugar) measurable for use in the kitchen...and is a benefit to good health (The USDA specifies an amount of dietary fiber one should consume daily ;-)

Many have enjoyed using the Splenda products 'Splenda packets' and 'Splenda packet Dry Mix' which use a Maltodextrin (carbohydrate) filler. This blend allows the creation of 0 carb equivalents for these products and for (more easily and accurately ;-) measuring teaspoon equivalents for sugar substitution in recipes.

I find the blend quite useful in Auntie's coffee and as a replacement for Splenda Quick Packs... ;-)
Great! In other words I can make up a batch for hubby to use that will measure up just like regular splenda, he prefers the spoonable to the liquid drops I like. Thanks for all your expertise.

Not every person knows how to love a dog, but every dog knows how to love a person.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
24Fan
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL! NO! 1 Tablespoon of the Fiber/Sucralose powder Blend does... ;-)

'1 tablespoon pure powdered sucralose' is equal to 37.5 cups of sugar sweetness! Per the chart above, 1t pure powdered sucralose = 12.5c sugar sweetness. 1 Tablespoon pure powdered sucralose would then be equivalent to 37.5 cups of sugar sweetness... ;-)
thanks! I havent' received mine in the mail yet so didnt' try to bake using my formula today! Haha would've been a tad sweet.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #49
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistertzu View Post
Great! In other words I can make up a batch for hubby to use that will measure up just like regular splenda, he prefers the spoonable to the liquid drops I like. Thanks for all your expertise.
Hi again ;-)

Be sure to use the sugar equivalents for the Sucralose/Fiber Blend (per Post # 42 above ;-) noting that 'regular splenda' measures 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence per 1 teaspoon regular splenda, while the Sucralose/Fiber Blend measures 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence per 1/16th teaspoon blend. I hesitated to make the blend measure 1 teaspoon blend to 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence due to the much higher amount of fiber necessary which would possibly affect the distribution of Sucralose powder within the blend...

Happy Sweetening... ;-)
Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #50
CreekWatcher
Senior LCF Member

One thing about a powder is that you don't have to wonder if you should use preservatives or refridgeration no matter how long might sit.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #51
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
One thing about a powder is that you don't have to wonder if you should use preservatives or refridgeration no matter how long might sit.
If you are interested in making up a full bottle of Clearly Fiber at a time, I would pour it into a 4 cup measuring cup, add 1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8th teaspoon Sucralose powder (= 975 teaspoons sugar equivalence) and whisk for a couple of minutes (or use a blender ;-) and store it back into the bottle...be sure to lable it as prepared! ;-).

1 bottle Clearly Fiber (Net Wt. 176 grams (5.82 oz.) $6.80 on-line)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber = 60 teaspoons (30 (2) teaspoon servings)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber = 20 Tablespoons (60t/3t)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber = 1.6 (12.5) Tablespoon servings (20T/12.5T)
1 bottle Clearly Fiber requires 960 teaspoons sugar equivalence (1.6*600 teaspoons sugar equivalence per teaspoon Sucralose powder)
.....1 teaspoon Sucralose powder = 600 teaspoons sugar equivalence
.....1/2 teaspoon Sucralose powder = 300 teaspoons sugar equivalence
.....1/8th teaspoon Sucralose powder = 75 teaspoons sugar equivalence

And, using Vegetable Glycerine as a medium instead of water for Liquid Sucralose (a natural preservative with antibacterial properties and extensive shelf life) does not require refrigeration... ;-)
Old 11-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #52
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

sisterzu,

Thought I would add, if you would like to try mixing a Sucralose/Fiber blend equivalent to Spoonable Splenda (for your hubby ;-), you might try mixing 1/8 teaspoon Sucralose Powder (= 75 teaspoons sugar equivalence) with 1 bottle +15 teaspoons Clearly Fiber (= 75 teaspoons Fiber) for a blend where 1 teaspoon blend = 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence and 2.9 grams Fiber. I would try using a blender for the best distribution of Sucralose...

PS: You might let us know if you give this a try... ;-)
Old 11-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #53
sistertzu
Resident crazy dog lady

Quote:
Hi again ;-)

Be sure to use the sugar equivalents for the Sucralose/Fiber Blend (per Post # 42 above ;-) noting that 'regular splenda' measures 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence per 1 teaspoon regular splenda, while the Sucralose/Fiber Blend measures 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence per 1/16th teaspoon blend. I hesitated to make the blend measure 1 teaspoon blend to 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence due to the much higher amount of fiber necessary which would possibly affect the distribution of Sucralose powder within the blend...

Happy Sweetening... ;-)
Thanks for the clarification, definitely going to try it.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #54
sistertzu
Resident crazy dog lady

Quote:
sisterzu,

Thought I would add, if you would like to try mixing a Sucralose/Fiber blend equivalent to Spoonable Splenda (for your hubby ;-), you might try mixing 1/8 teaspoon Sucralose Powder (= 75 teaspoons sugar equivalence) with 1 bottle +15 teaspoons Clearly Fiber (= 75 teaspoons Fiber) for a blend where 1 teaspoon blend = 1 teaspoon sugar equivalence and 2.9 grams Fiber. I would try using a blender for the best distribution of Sucralose...

PS: You might let us know if you give this a try... ;-)
Ok, I'm planning to purchase some of the clearly fiber in the next month or two when hubby has put a dent in his current supply. I will gladly report back.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #55
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
locarbman, I went to what I believe is the location of the source you're talking about (I've ordered from them in the past), but I'll be darned if I can find anywhere on their mess of a website a price for the newtame (there's an information page for it). I even tried using advance Google search with their home url. [This is the site that lists liquid tobacco flavoring (?!).]

...Thanks!
Hi CW,
Re: Neotame Powder ;-)
Update!

My 9/15 - 4 ounce Neotame Powder order arrived today containing 5 ounces! ;-)

Enclosed was a nice note "Ralph: The Newtame comes. I give you 1 more bag as the "Thanksgiving" gift. Thanks for your trust and patience. David"

I expect they will add the Neotame ordering icon back to their websites soon! ;-)

Just FYI...locarbman ;-)
Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #56
sistertzu
Resident crazy dog lady

How is the taste of neotame? Can it be used like liquid slpenda after mixed?

Old 11-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #57
locarbman
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sis,

I bumped the Neotame thread for you...my response to your question is in post #21...and yes, it can be used just like liquid Sucralose in all your recipes... ;-) I prefere mixing it using Vegetable Glycerine rather than using water, Glycerine is a natural preservative with antibacterial properties that does not require refrigeration.

Hope this helps... locarbman ;-)

Last edited by locarbman; 11-26-2011 at 05:59 PM..
Old 11-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #58
sistertzu
Resident crazy dog lady

Thanks so much I remember reading about it but didn't remember because I thought it wasn't going to be available any longer.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #59
Caseyjmc
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Caseyjmc
Stats: 235/200/150
WOE: CAD
Start Date: Nov 2007, Dec 2015
100% Sucralose Powder AKA Liquid Splenda

WOW! I'm fairly new here, and I thank you all so much for your guidance on this.

I just ordered 100% Sucralose powder from Amazon Amazon.com: 100G 3.5 Oz. Sucralose 600X Sweeter than Sugar...Amazon.com: 100G 3.5 Oz. Sucralose 600X Sweeter than Sugar... for about $38 (with shipping). I also ordered the little spoon set. Both were delivered within 36 hours.

After much trepidation and uncertainty, I got out my measuring cup and put 1/4 cup of filtered water from from my refrigerator into it. Then measured 1/2 tablespoon of the Sucralose and stirred it into the water.

I washed out one of my contact lens eyedroppers and filled it with the liquid sucralose. I made my huge cup of coffee, and needed to use about 5 drops (people often ask me if I would like some coffee with my sugar) to get it where I like it. How can I say this effectively...
IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!

I am not going to make it stronger since I may use it for things that don't need so much sweetener. Here are the measurements I use (This will help some of the less mathematical people, like myself):

1/2 tbsp powder in 1/4 c. Water
1 tbsp powder in 1/2 c. Water
2 tbsp powder in 1 c. Water
4 tbsp powder in 2 cups water

Or for dry baking:

1 tsp = 12.5 cups sugar
1/2 tsp = 6.25 cups sugar
Etc.

Just so you know how sweet this stuff is, when I was reaching into the aluminum bag to fill my 1/2 tablespoon, my knuckles rubbed against the side of the bag. Very very little powder got on my knuckles, and I licked one of them to see what it was like. WHOA!!!!

Anyways, thanks again!

Last edited by Caseyjmc; 12-20-2012 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: Computer changed my words. Arrrgh!
Caseyjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #60
Ntombi
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Hi Al ;-)

My Sucralose refractometer test of Sweetzfree Liquid Sucralose indicates a claimed strength of 192 times sugar using 26 grams Sucralose powder per 100 milliliters of water:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/bl...g-results.html
A 26%w/v (weight/volume) Liquid Sucralose concentration (Sweetzfree equivalent concentration) requires 26g Sucralose powder mixed in 100 ml water.
Thanks so much for this post!

I finally decided to bite the bullet and stop buying Sweetzfree, which I've been buying since she first started selling it. I haven't messed with pure sucralose powder in probably 9-10 years, and I was happy to pay for the convenience of someone else doing the work for a consistent product, but now it just feels silly to pay a 500% premium when I can do it myself. So I ordered 50g on Amazon, which should give me just about 7.5 ounces (US) of Sweetzfree strength liquid sucralose for under $20.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote