Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 AM   #271
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
That does sound complicated...

I just copy and paste my last post into a new post and add the next day.
It sounds complicated but it takes like 5 seconds. You lose all of the formatting with a copy and paste. It you don't format your posts, that's not a problem. Some of us are OCD enough to care that the numbers line up.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #272
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Frosty, you do make me laugh.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #273
grannysmith
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Happy New Year! Haven't been here in a long time, guess my energies were diverted elsewhere. Nice to see so many familiar "names", and so many still doing well on the WOE!
Old 01-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #274
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Nice to "see" you, too, Grannysmith. Happy New Year!
Old 01-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #275
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannysmith View Post
Happy New Year! Haven't been here in a long time, guess my energies were diverted elsewhere. Nice to see so many familiar "names", and so many still doing well on the WOE!
Welcome back!!!

Oh, by the way- is it April yet? <shivering smiley>

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #276
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi everyone!

I just discovered that Green Giant now has a bunch of new frozen products with riced or mashed cauliflower! How cool is that? and they also have new veggie tots (I'm a big fan of tater tots) made from cauliflower and broccoli! Its nice to have more healthy convenience options. Now I just have to find them...

I am having a bit of a grumpy day so to spare you all my whining this is just a fly by to share cauliflower news.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #277
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Hi ShrinkingWoman and Grannysmith!

Feeling pretty good on this DD, I think my difficulty last week had to do with the fact that my ear infection was brewing. Today things are much easier. DH wanted to do a 36 hour WF, so, despite that I had planned on lunch, I'm doing it with him for support. Only morning coffee, water and green tea thus far and, while I would not call this the most fun I've had, I feel pretty good. Hunger passes and we are both keeping busy. Hoping to see a decent loss tomorrow and definitely planning on enjoying my UD!!

I hope everyone is doing well!
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #278
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I hope everyone's week is going beautifully

New low for me today. Woot! Woot! Yesterday I finally had one of those fasting days that people talk about: good energy, alert, happy. I was thinking it would never happen for me!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:14 AM   #279
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
I was thinking it would never happen for me!
Great!!! For me, I was about 5 weeks in before I really started to feel good on DDs.

Phoenix- I have seen the Green Giant Cauli products at Shop Rite and at Stop and Shop. I don't know if you have either of those up by you.

It's not all that cold here, but for some reason my office does not have the heat on and it's not that warm. When the office manager gets in I hope she can figure out what's wrong, but I've been here since 6:35am and my space heater is not really cutting it.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #280
LiLi914
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 249.6/245.2/145
WOE: JUDDD/some form of Low-Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2017 - restart from 2013
I was doing so well my first two weeks back on JUDDD until Friday when I came down with a bad cold. With no appetite I didn't eat for about three days and then the past two days my appetite came back with a vengeance. I went out to dinner the last two evenings in order to celebrate co-worker birthday's and my stomach has been paying for it the last two days. Plus having the holiday on Monday. Oh Lordie!

It's interesting how when I turned 30 two years ago the foods I used to eat just ceased to exist for me. I don't know if it's the WOE or just age, but anything greasy and/or processed KILLS me.

So today I sit here on a DD feeling terrible, sipping tea and sparkling water. I did bring soup with me into work for lunch, but I don't know if that's going to happen. Might end up being a complete fasting day.

I'm supposed to head to the gym after work, but I'm thinking it's going to be a workout video kind of evening. I just need to hold myself accountable.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Come stalk my journal: https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...d.php?t=873596

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #281
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy folks

Thanks Carly - we do have Stop and Shop around here and I bet I could find it at Market Basket too- I tend to avoid the really huge grocery stores but I think I need to start going for greater variety. I get gung-ho and buy lots of fresh veggies at once and end up tossing out half or more of what I buy so I think keeping some in the freezer is a smarter move.
Hope you get warm soon!

The scale is finally moving in the downward direction again although as slow as usual. I am back to last weeks weight. I still don't understand why I saw an uptick after being "good" but going back and reading through threads I was reminded that this happens some times. I did buy a big variety package of those chicken meatballs and having them on my DDs so I wonder if maybe its too much sodium or something? IDK, but rather than trying to tweak the plan like I usually try to do when I get frustrated, I am just going to get better with sticking with eod (usually I do 4:3).

I still feel like I have cabin fever (although I get outside enough) - my routine is just too routine lately. I know this is why I have been a little grumpy lately- I am bored. It could be worse of course and I keep telling myself that but I don't react well to being bored. I have a few events coming up in the next 6 weeks so that will help but I need to shake things up on a daily basis. There is one of those women's gyms down the street from my work, I am considering joining up. I am not a fan of gyms in general but these are small places that advertise "small group personal training" so maybe that can work for me. Has anyone tried any of those small places?

And also I am still trying to talk myself in to doing the on-line dating thing. I keep saying to myself "10 more lbs" but I think I need to stop doing that.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #282
Carly

Lisa- I hope you are feeling a bit better

Phoenix- I say give the gym and online dating a try. If you don't like it, you don't have to continue- right?

I started the birth control pill on Sunday night and I've been ravenous since Monday morning. I hate this. It's the kind of gnaw off your arm hunger. I know I've over eaten on my UDs due to this. I was going to try to give it a week, but I'm gaining weight and I cannot afford that. Last night might be the end of that experiment.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #283
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I started the birth control pill on Sunday night and I've been ravenous since Monday morning. I hate this. It's the kind of gnaw off your arm hunger. I know I've over eaten on my UDs due to this. I was going to try to give it a week, but I'm gaining weight and I cannot afford that. Last night might be the end of that experiment.
Don't give up that quickly Carly!! I think you should give it until Sunday at least. From the way you describe your symptoms it seems a few days of hunger while you are adjusting might be worth it to clear up your other issues!! You are too disciplined to gain significant weight in just a week while you wait it out. Eat soup!! Soup is my savior and bonus it will warm you up too. You can get a whole carton of one of those veggie soups (tomato, butternut squash or other - I like Pacific brand and the Trader Joes seems pretty good too) and even if you ate the entire thing over a day or in an evening that would be only 400 calories....
Old 01-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #284
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Lisa: Hope you feel better!

Phoenix: I agree with Carly, try both and see what happens, If they are not good, you can walk away. Besides, perfect cure for your boredom!!

Carly: hope you get warmer. I know that it's no comparison down here in Florida, but on the cold days they still leave the air conditioner on in my building so it gets positively arctic. So uncomfortable. I hope the BCP hunger calms down after your body gets accustomed to it.

UD going well. I have been craving a cheeseburger so I had a bunless one for lunch and will try to keep dinner reasonable.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #285
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Tomorrow ( Friday ) I am starting 100 day's of Judd - after being off my Main numbers for too long! Shall i post about it here on the Judd forms or start my own Journal? Anyone want to join me on the 100 days?

Last edited by leonak; 01-19-2017 at 11:46 AM..
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #286
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Tomorrow ( Friday ) I am starting 100 day's of Judd - after being off my Main numbers for too long! Shall i post about it here on the Judd forms or start my own Journal? Anyone want to join me on the 100 days?
Well, I assume my next 100 days will look like the last almost 5 years so you can count me in

Phoenix- even my steely discipline did hold up last night. I was so momentously starving that I ate more in a few hours than I normally do in a few days and Monday was pretty bad too. In fact, I've been starving since the minute I woke up at 3:30am and I have to say I'm so not accustom to this. I don't even know if I felt this hungry during my first month of JUDDD.

Not good, not comfortable, not sustainable...

Old 01-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #287
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post
Just popping in to say hello. Busy few days but have stuck with my rotations, I am now 2 full weeks into JUDDD. Tomorrow should be a new low after today's DD. I love the cabbage, chicken and laughing cow cheese meal! Just making it again now for dinner.

I have been reading through a lot of the linked threads Carly put up, and I have an honest question. There were some great journals, people who lost all kinds of weight on JUDDD,in 2012 or so. They seem to have disappeared, or their later posts are about returning to VLC or other things. Does JUDDD not work in the long run? Just looking for hope that it is as good as I read it was.....
I am from that time period and lost the weight with JUDDD. JUDDD works fantastic long term and when you are in maintenance you have tons more flexibility with how to schedule DD's and calorie levels. The only problem that I have found is that I get overconfident that I will never gain back the weight and then I stop doing DD's for weeks and then I come back here for motivation. I feel bad that I forget to pop in here when my weight is stable as it must seem like everyone moves on to other ways of eating but I think there are many of us who just don't have weight issues anymore and don't pop in. I hope to still keep coming by and tracking my weight here after I am back to my maintenance weight.
I also love that chicken, cabbage & laughing cow meal! I also sometimes use mustard or garlic chilli sauce on my cabbage which was initially kind of gross but I crave flavor on DD and it has lots of that.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #288
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Phoenix- even my steely discipline did hold up last night. I was so momentously starving that I ate more in a few hours than I normally do in a few days and Monday was pretty bad too. In fact, I've been starving since the minute I woke up at 3:30am and I have to say I'm so not accustom to this. I don't even know if I felt this hungry during my first month of JUDDD.

Not good, not comfortable, not sustainable...
Ugh sorry that sounds awful. Maybe your GYN can tweak the meds for you and try you on something different. I know when I was still on BCP I had to go through 4 or 5 before I found one that I could tolerate, not for hunger but for various other symptoms. But I did find one! A good friend of mine also has PCOS and she has gone through similar trials and tribulations so I sympathize with your plight.

The big work party is next friday night and apparently the ladies are getting decked out so now I need to find something that I don't feel so self conscious in. I really don't want to buy a dress in my current size that I might only wear once because I am hoping to not fit in it soon. blah.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #289
Carly

I have never actually tried the cabbage, laughing cow, chicken dish. Right now it sounds beyond divine, but probably because I'm so hungry I could be tempted to eat non-food stuffs.

I called DW, who's answer was just eat if you are hungry- you can't starve yourself (I wanted her to say- yup- that pill is evil, stop taking it pronto). Honestly- if I had to choose between a 6 week TOM or being this hungry... I'd choose a 6 week TOM. I'm used to that. This is a whole different beast.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #290
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/175/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Quote:
The only problem that I have found is that I get overconfident that I will never gain back the weight and then I stop doing DD's for weeks
This is what happened to me. Only I stopped for over a year lol. I didn't realize that maintenance of weight loss takes work too. No matter which WOE you use to lose weight, a plan for maintenance is key to keeping it off. I am hoping to accomplish that this time.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #291
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Carly this hunger sounds abnormal. I have never heard of the BCP having that effect and that suddenly. You really need speak to an expert.

Loena, I will support you wherever you decide to post, just let us know on here. I won't join as I mix it up a bit too much these days.

Yes, Babs, you are right maintaining is a challenge too. Carly, Slow and I along with a couple of others do try to support the newer members but I was away from the boards a lot a year or so back because of family problems. Not surprisingly, that was also a time when I gained weight. I am real believer in posting often to support ourselves as mush as others.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #292
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Carly this hunger sounds abnormal. I have never heard of the BCP having that effect and that suddenly. You really need speak to an expert.

Loena, I will support you wherever you decide to post, just let us know on here. I won't join as I mix it up a bit too much these days.

Yes, Babs, you are right maintaining is a challenge too. Carly, Slow and I along with a couple of others do try to support the newer members but I was away from the boards a lot a year or so back because of family problems. Not surprisingly, that was also a time when I gained weight. I am real believer in posting often to support ourselves as mush as others.
Thanks for this! This is also me, started on June 1 of 2016, but I never put 2 and 2 together until I read what you said above. This is when i could not seem to lose but gained!

I'll start a new thread right here on Friday!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:16 AM   #293
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
I didn't realize that maintenance of weight loss takes work too. No matter which WOE you use to lose weight, a plan for maintenance is key to keeping it off.
So completely true, every time I have managed to lose weight successfully I am absolutely certain that I will never go back to weighing what I did. Then I forget about what it took to get there and the weight creeps back on and, before I know it, I am heavier than I was in the first place. That is what appeals to me about JUDDD, it feels like something I can incorporate permanently. That is why I am thinking about it as a WOL (way of life) instead of a WOE.

Thanks Babs, ShrikingWoman, Kissa and Leona for sharing your thoughts.

Phoenix: soup is a savior for sure and so comforting

Carly: maybe a lower dosage BCP would be as effective without the side effects? I agree with Kissa, talk to your doctor

Leona: I am not JUDDD on the regular schedule, I do 4:3 with an UD and a MD during the weekends with some Fung days thrown in as DDs. I don't know how strict to traditional JUDDD you want your challenge to be but if you can accommodate a rogue, I'd love to be part of the 100 day challenge!

So, I had a decent UD yesterday and I lost nearly a pound. ?. I don't know how but I'll take it and will use it as motivation for my DD today.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:42 AM   #294
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Phoenix: i forgot to add, maybe a wrap dress is a good option? They come in great colors and are "adjustable" when you lose more.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #295
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/159.2/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Carly- sorry your BCP is making you have uncontrolled hunger, I agree with everyone else, see if there's another option, IUD etc I had my cycle again this month only 2 weeks after my regular one and it was heavy which was very strange for me. I haven't been to a gyno in 2 years so I'm going to find one and make sure everything is ok, sigh the things we have to deal with as women!

Phoenix- I can relate! I'm so bored! And I am also lookin for new recipes and foods to try as a way to entertain myself but in the end that just makes me over eat. You know I'm going to say just go for it with the gym and the dating, the worst that can happen is you don't like it but the best outcome is you find what you are looking for. It's worth taking the risk!

Leona- I like your idea for 100 days of juddd! I look forward to seeing your progress! I wish I could join but know my social calendar will not allow it! I'm going to try to aim for 90% juddd though!

Shrinkingwoman, babs, happy- i like you guys have been there many times before, lose the weight, say I'm never going back , proceed to gain weight back. Sigh, it's a dieters life cycle. But I believe juddd can put a stop to it as long as you keep it in your arsenal!

Lili- feel better!

So I've still been bouncing 160-163, my weekend threw me for a loop, Eating out two days in a row made me almost 4lbs up by Monday even though I stayed LC it must have been the portion sizes , sodium etc. but Monday dd was affected by it, very hungry and then I made it all the way till 8 pm and then ate how stupid! I should've just gone to bed. That really hasn't happened since I stopped eating on dd's so it very disappointing. My Wednesday dd went perfect though except when I went to practice I felt ill and weak from the hunger and exerting myself on an empty stomach. It was really bad guys , I felt dizzy several times and had this intense burning in my abdomen that made it hard to breathe . I don't think it's smart to fast on my practice days but I don't want to switch my days...... practice is weds/sat I could switch to tue/thur/sun dd's but I hate having weekend dd's. my other thought was keep my mon/weds/fri dd's , full fasts mon/fri but allow myself a 500 cal dinner on Wednesday. So it's still a dd but I'm not going to practice on an empty stomach, thoughts? I had a great ud yesterday, 1950 cals 20 net carbs ,good food....so me being up 3.4 lb this morning was a slap to the face wth I did everything perfect?! Sigh whatever I know we get those random bounces so I'm not gonna stress. Also while I've been happy to see 160 on the scale twice now I'm like..really scale?you couldn't give me that extra .2 so I can finally be 159 was hoping to see it this week but with this morning big update uptick idk I have a girls night wine and paint thing on the 28th so I'd really like to be in the 150's by then but we shall see

Last edited by Vlo1125; 01-20-2017 at 06:27 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:03 AM   #296
Carly

I stopped the pill. Zero hunger today. It's crazy that a tiny pill can wreck so much havoc. I also got extremely weepy and emotional last night, which is quite unusual for me. On Saturday I weighted 131lb, which I was not happy about and yesterday I weighted 135.9lb That is just unacceptable to me and I know how hard I have to fight to get pounds back off, so, yup- the pill is history.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #297
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Vlo! I wondered where you had been. I think your 500 cal Wednesday is a good idea. At least give it a go. weird that you had intense burning. What about getting some of those high protein shakes or something to have before practice? I think they usually come in around 200 calories don't they?

as for your 3.4 lb uptick- I totally sympathize. My entire last week was unexplainable weight gain and I was even counting DD and UDs and within limits. I am inching back down but ridiculously slowly. It is so discouraging, makes me want to just give up. I won't of course I just need to keep reminding myself that this sometimes happens and obviously this works since I am 2-3 sizes down from last year at this time...
anyway - I bet you hit that 159 this month - you have 10 more days!!

I am sitting here very hungry. It is a DD but I woke up sick- congested, feverish, headachey but rather than this taking away my hunger it seems to have increased it. I actually didn't eat very healthy stuff yesterday - essentially snacked my way through dinner - so I think that is the problem. I had an early lunch of some soup and hoping that helps and about to make a big mug of tea. I stayed home from work so that actually got me out of that evening work celebration too so thats one good thing about being sick.

Carly- did you call your gyn yet? can't hurt to call and ask about the unusual hunger, right? maybe they can call in a new prescription for you and save you from having to make another appointment.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #298
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post

Carly- did you call your gyn yet? can't hurt to call and ask about the unusual hunger, right? maybe they can call in a new prescription for you and save you from having to make another appointment.
That was an emergency visit, since at the moment I don't have an OB/GYN. That doctor was nice and said that his office would call to schedule a follow up, but the office did not call and well.. I don't know...

Old 01-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #299
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sorry about the weight gain and hunger, Carly. Maybe getting a regular OB-GYN would be the route to follow, especially if the heavy periods return.

I'm discovering that all of the meds I am on are slowly raising my weight. I, however, cannot stop them. I think I have been given the best there is for my problem. At this point a few extra pounds is better than the alternative! The sad thing is, I don't eat that much as it is.....!

It is very overcast today - quite gloomy. I have a bunch of errands to run. We leave in a week for a cruise and there is always a lot of organization. No complaints, though!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #300
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
I had my cycle again this month only 2 weeks after my regular one and it was heavy which was very strange for me. I haven't been to a gyno in 2 years so I'm going to find one and make sure everything is ok, sigh the things we have to deal with as women!

After five pain filled weeks, I finally got to get in and see the ortho. He's a new guy in this area and I liked him. After putting up with a bunch of BS over the last six months, it was nice that he was straightforward and wanted to actually fix the problem.

He showed me the MRI. I have an extremely arthritic AC joint. It was pretty ugly, all knobby and very inflamed. It's also pushed out a large bonespur that is pushing one of the rotator cuff muscles out of alignment. That explains why I had some symptoms of a rotator cuff injury but not enough to diagnose it as the rotator cuff itself. It really confused the physical therapist at the time.

Anyway, the only way to fix it is go in and shave all the knobs and spurs off. Fortunately, it is a pretty easy surgery (he said I'll only be at the hospital for about four hours). However, it looks like it is going to be an expensive year.

The thing that concerns me is why this happened. I've been dealing with various joint and cartilage pain for a while now. I've had costochondritis (inflammation and pain of the rib cartilage) on and off for ten years. My left thumb is extremely painful where it joins the hand. I've had on and off problems with joints in my fingers and toes.

If it's regular arthritis, I'm screwed. The ortho said it may be RA and I should get a referral to a rheumatologist to see if it is auto-immune or some other reason that I have systemic inflammation.

In the meantime, I am trying various things to see if I can ease off the inflammation some. The literature is all over the place with foods that cause inflammation and it most points to the gut microbiome. Unfortunately, most of the info out there about that is voodoo science at this point. It's frustrating. I do think JUDDD helps so that is just extra motivation to stick with it. Losing weight would help too but that is going very, very, very slowly.