Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosey
Stats: 270/261/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01 November 2017
Im back and here to stay

Im not new to this, Ive done it before, and I want to give it another try. Here is my sad story. Last week I decided to go on yet another fad diet, knowing they never work for me still i did. It lasted 3 days and I lost 6 lbs of water. Then I went on to binge. After my binge last night I decided that I really need something that I can stick with for life, then I remembered JUDDD. I know it is not a simple plan, I dont even think there is such thing as a simple plan. But I decided to give it another go. This time i wont stop until I reach my goal weight of 150lbs.

This morning I dragged myself to the scale. So that i can be sure of the numbers. I realised I gained 8lbs back. So its not back to square 1 but its back to square 1 with 2 extra pounds.

Im kind of with myself for even trying other ways of losing this weight because I know that JUDDD is the best. Because of all the bad fad diets I went on that lasted 3 or less days, there are certain eating habits that I developed which will help me on my down days, e.g. Im so used to green salad for lunch and tea without sugar. Now if I can get used to balsamic vinegar so I stop with the salad dressing.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
2muchme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
DDs are not always easy but I've found that attitude helps a lot. My first few weeks I turned them into my "vegetable days" I generally didn't eat enough vegetables even though I knew better so DDs in my mind became a healthy thing and not deprivation.

Also, as far as JBs go - this group it very encouraging. Especially those who are maintaining. I'm starting to realize that this really is a way of life. I can lose the weight I want and maintain it once I'm there.

It's weird going out to dinner with friends and they order everything "light" - I don't. They look at me strange but I'm still losing weight! Since I don't eat out very often I have no problem ordering what I actually want. My stomach can't handle the amount I use to shove in (in bad days) but I can order what I want guilt free!! I love it!!

You'll be fine. It's healthy. Have your cake and eat it too!! Alternate days are vegetable days.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
deedee
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/163/150; 5'5"
back!

I'm a fellow binger, so I understand the cycle you're going through. I've tried every diet under the sun, and JUDDD is the one that keeps me happiest. Even when it feels like I'm just maintaining, it's better with JUDDD than anything else. Hope this time proves to be the final time for you!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Katiebubb
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katiebubb
Start Date: re-start: 2016
Welcome back!!!

You know the beauty of JUDDD is....you don't have to give up anything...you just have to wait for the right day!!!

Seriously, Twinkie's and Oreo's and losses on the scale in the same sentence!!! lol!!!
Katiebubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
LoCarbGal
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
back Rosey! JUDDD and the JBs always welcome you back with open arms. I'm glad you're psyched and ready to get started again.

Can I ask what fad diet you tried? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I think the major risk in quick loss diets is definitely the rebound eating. That amount of restriction usually does trigger that, and it only makes sense.

Good luck! I know you'll do great!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
MaryEllenC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Welcome back! I hear ya on coming back with extra poundage than before. I came back 13 pounds heavier than when I started JUDD the first time last year. We can do this!

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

@Carol. Since giving birth iv done all of them. lol. soup diet, 3 day diet 17 day diet, the last straw was the 13 day diet. thats when i lost 6lbs in 3 days, i was so hungry when i raided my fridge. But i know better now.

Vickie thank you so much for the veggie Idea. i really was clueless. will be buying my favourites tomorrow.

oh Mary Ellen, a whole lot. Just praying that ill survive the 10 DD days.

Katie im glad i dont have to deprive myself for days on end and then gain all the weight back with one oreo. lol

Oh Deedee nothing is as bad as Binging, i feel like i lose my mind and zombie into the kitchen. i know it will take blood , sweat and tons and tons of tears to gain back the control, but im looking forward to it.

Thank you all for your support.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
KeirasMom

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post

oh Mary Ellen, a whole lot. Just praying that ill survive the 10 DD days.

I'm not really sure what this means. Are you planning on doing 10 CONSECUTIVE DDs? I'm probably misreading that completely, but want to make sure you know that induction is 2 weeks of ALTERNATING DD/UDs. Smack me if I'm way off base.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Now if I can get used to balsamic vinegar so I stop with the salad dressing.
I don't care for balsamic, but really enjoy SF rice vinegar on salads for DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm not really sure what this means. Are you planning on doing 10 CONSECUTIVE DDs? I'm probably misreading that completely, but want to make sure you know that induction is 2 weeks of ALTERNATING DD/UDs. Smack me if I'm way off base.
Dawn- add me in the confused crowd.
Please don't do 10 consecutive DDs!!!! JUDDD (Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet) or Dr. Johnson's Alternate Day Diet.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
Librarygirl
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome back, Rosey!! I guess you do know that DDs are only every other day, because you said you're not new.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:03 AM   #11
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh heck no not straight, I realized I did not write it correctly. I want to survive the 1st 10 DDs which im already failing dismally . I tried my 1st DD yesterday, but Binging took over from 5pm until 11pm. Today I though I could try the whole day with no food and have all my calories at 5pm and I already had 500 calories. A muffin. I am wondering if I should take this as my UP day again and do my down day tomorrow, considering on monday I have a baby shower to attend and if today is an UD then Monday will be a DD.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:08 AM   #12
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

I spent a lot of time reading yesterday, but did not get to PH. Do you think it is better to do the induction with PH? I cant afford a protein shake right now.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #13
KeirasMom

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/156.8/155
WOE: Back to JUDDD 1/5/15
Whew, I'm glad you're alternating.

Do not do a PH during induction. Please avoid that thread completely. That's a hack, and it works great for lots of people, but right now your goal is to do JUDDD. Just JUDDD. Get the hang of that, see how it works for you, and don't tweak or mess with it for 4-6 weeks. I think you'll like the results once you get the plan working for you.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #14
deedee
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh heck no not straight, I realized I did not write it correctly. I want to survive the 1st 10 DDs which im already failing dismally . I tried my 1st DD yesterday, but Binging took over from 5pm until 11pm. Today I though I could try the whole day with no food and have all my calories at 5pm and I already had 500 calories. A muffin. I am wondering if I should take this as my UP day again and do my down day tomorrow, considering on monday I have a baby shower to attend and if today is an UD then Monday will be a DD.
If I ate a muffin early in the day, I'd be white knuckling it through the rest of the day! I'm not good with carbs early on in my DD. Actually I'm not good with any food early on DD's. I have coffee either black or with heavy whipping cream during the day and save 200-300 calories for a nighttime meal. But different things work for different people, I know there are others who like small meals throughout the day. There's a great thread on getting the most "bang for your buck" calorie wise that has some great meal suggestions.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #15
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
If 500 calories isn't working for you, pick another number.

Earlier this summer I really wanted to come back to JUDDD, but honestly felt anxiety about the DDs. I finally just decided to take the pressure off myself and did 5:2 with 750 calories days (and I started losing). Once that was under my belt I moved to 3 DDs and 500 calories.

Good luck and welcome back.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #16
emmapeel12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emmapeel12
Stats: 149/146/120; 5'2"; 60 yo
WOE: JUDDD/LCHF/Calorie Counting
That's the beauty of this WOE: You can tweak it for your individual needs/preferences until you find your level of comfort. For me, I need a couple of hundred calories more than the calculator indicated on DDs, and I go a bit lower on UDs. In time, I plan to get closer to those actual numbers. Love the idea of veg DDs!
emmapeel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #17
deedee
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
If 500 calories isn't working for you, pick another number.

Earlier this summer I really wanted to come back to JUDDD, but honestly felt anxiety about the DDs. I finally just decided to take the pressure off myself and did 5:2 with 750 calories days (and I started losing). Once that was under my belt I moved to 3 DDs and 500 calories.

Good luck and welcome back.
Gina, just curious, were you losing on that version of 5:2? I know a few people (not on this board) who lose fantastically on 5:2 and it amazes me.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #18
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn. I will just buy a whole lot of low calorie veggies. I like the laughing cow cheese Idea. I dont think I can survive the entire day and only have dinner I will try the small meals route tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks Gina and Deedee
Old 10-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee View Post
Gina, just curious, were you losing on that version of 5:2? I know a few people (not on this board) who lose fantastically on 5:2 and it amazes me.
I was. Looking back through my records I lost right around a pound a week for the three weeks I did it.

I have the 5:2 book and visit the website. I figured thousands are having success with it, why not me?

I may have stalled later, I don't know. I do 4:3 now and lose a little more per week- 1.25-1.5 usually. I use 5:2 as my "base." I do at least 2 DDs per week and if I am felling the third, I do it.

Last edited by GME; 10-09-2014 at 08:47 AM..
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #20
LoCarbGal

Gallery: LoCarbGal
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
I spent a lot of time reading yesterday, but did not get to PH. Do you think it is better to do the induction with PH? I cant afford a protein shake right now.
Quote:
Whew, I'm glad you're alternating.

Do not do a PH during induction. Please avoid that thread completely. That's a hack, and it works great for lots of people, but right now your goal is to do JUDDD. Just JUDDD. Get the hang of that, see how it works for you, and don't tweak or mess with it for 4-6 weeks. I think you'll like the results once you get the plan working for you.
EXACTLY! Do not PH right now! I know I'm doing it right now, but I've been JUDDDing (mostly) for over 2 years now and this is a HACK! JUDDD is magical, and if you really do it, it really works!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Part 2
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #21
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Rosey - have you taken a look at: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...ly-my-uds.html ?

A fair number of people recommend Spinardi's book.

Maintenance should be a way to thrive, not an endurance sport.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #22
grannysmith
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Tomato or V8 juice was really helpful for me, the whole bottle is around 400 calories, and less than 60 gms of carb, it feels like food, and the fiber lasts a while...and it's good for you. But then, you have to really like tomato juice! I re-re-re-started JuDDD today, but I'm starting with an Up day ;~).