Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2015, 08:09 PM   #271
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bonbon41
WOE: Low carb cake plan!
Start Date: 2001
Deb, I think this should actually read "Let cool slightly then pour directly into mouth".

Super yum
Bonbon41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2015, 05:04 PM   #272
EnglishLit
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EnglishLit
I don't know if any of you have an Instagram, but there are some really amazing VF recipes on there, it looks like it is really catching on.
EnglishLit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #273
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
i'm an instagramer. is it under vitafiber?
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:55 PM   #274
judytab
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
I'm not on instagram so if any of you see some good recipes there, maybe you can share them here.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #275
EnglishLit
Senior LCF Member

Yes it is under "vitafiber".

I saw a promising recipe for lemon pound cake. It is worth getting an account just to follow some of the recipe bloggers on there.

It was the lemon cake from Fitness Treats, by the way. The instagramer just added some lemon zest and flavoring to the recipe:

Last edited by EnglishLit; 08-02-2015 at 02:47 PM..
Old 08-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #276
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Englishlit, bear with me. I signed up on Instagram just to get the recipes and share them here. I did a search for "vitafiber" and found only one post under "#vitafiber". Several posts under "#vitafibercookies" and then single posts under a few other things like "#vitafiberpowder".

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #277
EnglishLit
Senior LCF Member

Wow that's weird. When I used the desktop version of the vitafiber hashtag, the same thing happened, but it works fine on the app on my phone.

Try this; go to google, type in #vitafiber and then scroll into you are linked to Instagram. You should find plenty of IG pictures there.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:37 PM   #278
judytab
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
I'm not on instagram, but I got to the website with the lemon pound cake by googling vitafiber recipes.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #279
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Judy, I signed up on Instagram so I could share the recipes with you and the other folks on this thread but didn't have much luck searching under 'Vitafiber' on Instagram. I found at best a dozen recipes, nothing too interesting. I don't think these were the same recipes English Lit found because there was no lemon pound cake amount them. I hope someone will help me out when they have the time. I don't know what I did wrong. I would be grateful for help if any experienced instagrammers are able to give me some guidance.

Another issue is that you can't cut and paste on Instagram. The only thing I can do is post a link here leading you to the recipe on Instagram (unless the recipe is from a website, like that of the poundcake, then I can direct you to the website or cut and paste from there, but then these recipes are already available on the Internet). I found one recipe I wanted to share. However, the only way I can share it is by posting a link to Instagram (it is not from a website). I have no idea if this is allowed. Does anyone know? If an administrator reads this, could you let me know?

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #280
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think Pinterest is a much easier tool for finding good recipes
Old 08-05-2015, 03:57 PM   #281
grneyedldy
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: grneyedldy
Stats: 180/134/120
WOE: NK
Start Date: 9/2/2013
Most vitafiber recipes I've seen are for protein bars and protein cookies.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #282
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much guys. Green Eyes, that's about all I saw too. When I've got more time, I'll play around some more and see if I get better at searching.

Here is the link for vitafiber powder waffles, in case anyone is interested.

https://instagram.com/p/04EpU-D1j-/
Old 08-06-2015, 03:50 AM   #283
cheri
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Unfortunately, some Pinterest, as well as instagram accounts are actually business sites. However, if you want to post a link to a recipe that is on a non business page, then that would be okay. If you are unsure, please send the link to the site by clicking on the contact us button on the bottom of any page, in advance and we will be happy to take a look at it and let you know if the link would be acceptable.

Please note that some non business pages may have clickable links that will go to other sites to purchase a cookbook or ingredients. If that is the case then, no, that link will not be allowed per the Terms of Service. When posting a link to one of these sites, make sure you check it carefully to make sure there are no sales/advertisements on the site.

We hope this helps!!

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 AM   #284
Soobee
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
This recipe was originally listed on Elise Fitness Treats.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #285
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Unfortunately, some Pinterest, as well as instagram accounts are actually business sites. However, if you want to post a link to a recipe that is on a non business page, then that would be okay. If you are unsure, please send the link to the site by clicking on the contact us button on the bottom of any page, in advance and we will be happy to take a look at it and let you know if the link would be acceptable.

Please note that some non business pages may have clickable links that will go to other sites to purchase a cookbook or ingredients. If that is the case then, no, that link will not be allowed per the Terms of Service. When posting a link to one of these sites, make sure you check it carefully to make sure there are no sales/advertisements on the site.

We hope this helps!!
Thanks so much Cheri - this helps
Old 08-06-2015, 05:07 PM   #286
EnglishLit
Senior LCF Member

I don't really have much luck with Pinterest recipes, especially with Vitafiber. I've found that a lot of pinners will use photos of high carb recipes when sharing low carb recipes, and it kind of makes me rage when the recipes don't turn out as expected. lol

The entire vitafiber trending topic on Instagram is pretty much gone, which is so weird. I'm not sure what happened, and I can't find many of the recipes that I saw the other night.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #287
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yes, i found that lemon pound cake vf recipe on the Fitness Treats website along with a bunch of other vf recipes. interesting about the pics actually possibly being high carb stuff. looks like a bunch of good recipes to try. most of them seem to use the vf powder rather than the syrup.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #288
Mad Amos
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mad Amos
So what's the definitive consensus regarding PolyD vs Vitafiber? If you could buy ONLY one: which would it be and why? PolyD seems to have served the LC community so very well since its introduction, and it is lower in both calories and cost (when compared to IMO) to boot. Further, it too can be made into a syrup/liquid form. Why, then, the sudden explosive excitement about what at least appears to be a very similar product?
Mad Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #289
Soobee
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mad Amos, if you can tolerate polyD , then maybe it is the answer for you. I have no digestive issues with Vitafiber, nor has any of my guests ever had a problem. I often make my desserts to share. So many people are sensitive to PolyD that I can't use it for serving others.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #290
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Mad Amos, I'm in the same boat as Soobee above.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #291
Mad Amos
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mad Amos
Ahhh...THAT makes sense, then

Thanks for clearing it up for me!
Mad Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #292
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

utube does have a bunch of vitafiber recipes. macromitch has an interesting one for "honeycomb"
Old 08-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #293
BikerAng
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon41 View Post
This worked great! It was a Paleo recipe for 6 buns using either cashew or almond butter that called for 1/4 cup honey. I subbed VF liquid. The buns were yummy, soft inside, very sturdy and developed a nice crust.

I thought I'd report on this in case anyone wanted to try VF for this application. My love for VF continues to grow
Would you mind sharing the recipe for the buns Bonbon? They look wonderful!
Old 08-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #294
BikerAng
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soobee View Post
Dh's new favorite cookie. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. Very reminiscent of brown sugar oatmeal cookies.
N’Oatmeal Cookies Soobee¼ cup slivered almonds, chopped
¼ cup coconut flakes, chopped
¼ cup flax seeds, then ground
1 cup almond flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup tagatose
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
¼ cup browned butter
¼ cup sweetener (6 drops sucralose)
½ tsp blackstrap molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 Tbs or 1/4C Vitafiber liquid
Brown the butter. Mix all dry ingredients together. Mix all wet ingredients together. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix. Mold cookies together with your hands. These seem crumbly, but will meld together when baked. Form into balls. Press down on cookie sheets. Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown around edges. (Alternately, you could roll ingredients together in parchment paper or plastic wrap, cool, and slice.)
Soobee, thank you for such a wonderful recipe! I made a couple of subs (erythritol for tagalose and stevia for splenda) but the cookies turned out wonderfully! I love that there are no eggs in this recipe (allergic). I finally had to get a bottle of vf because I really like Quest bars and this stuff is pretty awesome! Homemade quest bars are so much better! Thanks again, its nice to make a quick dessert and have something tasty enough for low carber or not!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (43.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 08-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #295
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
Would you mind sharing the recipe for the buns Bonbon? They look wonderful!
I really enjoyed them and the vitafiber sure added a nice crust that my previous buns haven't had. I'm not sure if you can have it because of the eggs, but here it is. I think I can share it as it is one of the recipes the author has chosen to include in the "look inside" feature on the amazon book page.

If you make the recipe as six buns, they take about 20 minutes. I used ring molds and they turned out huge! I would make them smaller next time (maybe 8-10). I also cleaned the fridge of my many expiring jars of various kinds of nut butters and so I think it's flexible in terms of what nut butter you use. I only used 1 tsp of the vanilla and omitted the cinnamon, but think these would work great as a sweet bun too. That said, they weren't meant to be sweet. The recipe was called "low carb honey 'wheat' bread" Just not sure about the cinnamon in a hamburger situation, which is what I wanted!

Hope you enjoy your Vitafiber - I just love this stuff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recipe.jpg (48.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #296
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
utube does have a bunch of vitafiber recipes. macromitch has an interesting one for "honeycomb"
Ouiz thank for sharing - this looks really exciting. I watched the video and recorded the instructions. I'll post them below. Really looking forward to trying this! Might be fun to play with different flavors of protein powders and maybe with different flavored extracts too.

Vitafiber Honeycomb

25 g vanilla whey protein powder
40 g vitafiber liquid

Spray silicone baking tray.

Mix until it clumps together and forms a ball. Press down into tray until it’s all the same thickness.

Cook for 2 minutes in microwave.

Once cooked, work quickly. Once air gets to it, it forms honeycomb texture and hardens quickly. You can press into candy bar then coat with chocolate or make ice cream cone etc.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #297
Bonbon41
Senior LCF Member

I copied some information from Elise at Fitnesstreat.com for my files and I thought I'd share them here too. This includes info on using Vitafiber powder for making meringues, frosting and when to use VF powder vs syrup. Just in case you are interested...

The frosting uses the egg white powder and I think this doesn't sound too far off from what you may have been thinking about Ouizoid.

Vitafiber Meringue & Frosting

To make the meringue, I beat 3 egg whites with a pinch of salt and cream of tartar, then added VitaFiber powder gradually until the mixture started to be thick and glossy, like a regular meringue.

The frosting recipe would be about the same as the meringue, but using egg white powder instead of fresh egg whites (for people who would like to avoid eating raw eggs).

Note: when to use VF powder vs syrup:
I’d use the powder in recipes like meringues, mousses, angel cakes; i.e. recipes where you need something that adds texture and volume, just like sugar does. I’d use the syrup in recipes where you have different ‘solid’ ingredients that you need to ‘bind’ together, like bars.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:08 AM   #298
Soobee
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If you google Brittany Angell and Low Carb Honey “Wheat” Bread Recipe you can get a more easily copied recipe for the bread and buns.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #299
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bonbon--yes! that fitnesstreat site has some interesting stuff~I also saw the frosting info and need to try it to put on top of my homemade thinslim bars --thanks for posting and reminding me.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #300
BikerAng
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbon41 View Post
I really enjoyed them and the vitafiber sure added a nice crust that my previous buns haven't had. I'm not sure if you can have it because of the eggs, but here it is. I think I can share it as it is one of the recipes the author has chosen to include in the "look inside" feature on the amazon book page.

If you make the recipe as six buns, they take about 20 minutes. I used ring molds and they turned out huge! I would make them smaller next time (maybe 8-10). I also cleaned the fridge of my many expiring jars of various kinds of nut butters and so I think it's flexible in terms of what nut butter you use. I only used 1 tsp of the vanilla and omitted the cinnamon, but think these would work great as a sweet bun too. That said, they weren't meant to be sweet. The recipe was called "low carb honey 'wheat' bread" Just not sure about the cinnamon in a hamburger situation, which is what I wanted!

Hope you enjoy your Vitafiber - I just love this stuff
Thanks Bonbon! If I could find duck eggs I'd be in business (not allergic to those) but they are really hard to find! I might try flax eggs and see if that would work, and do a half batch. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Cinnamon in hamburger buns does sound a bit odd!