Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-08-2003, 06:59 AM   #91
Nashinga
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nashinga
How the heck do I put it in ******? All they have is regular, diet and one with a bunch of toppings.
I didn't make a crust, and I didn't let it chill this a.m. Wanted it for breakfast. I froze all the other pieces for breakfasts later.

But how the heck do I put it in ******? Judging from the recipe, it has about 5 carbs per average slice?????? Is that right?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Started 5/1/03
232/173.5/140 or less
Nashinga is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2003, 12:19 PM   #92
nessyrae
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nessyrae
Stats: 299/248/???
WOE: Atkins
Which one did you make? The basic cheesecake?

Vanessa
nessyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #93
Nashinga
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nashinga
yes, basic, plain and had 1 Tbsp. SF VAnilla syrup on top

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Started 5/1/03
232/173.5/140 or less
Nashinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 05:00 AM   #94
stayingslim
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stayingslim
Stats: 213.5/155.8/150
Start Date: March 2000
I made the coconut with 1 cup of Davinci's coconut syrup. But not quite sweet enough. Any suggestions? More syrup, or a little splenda? It still tasted good but just needed a little added sweetener.
stayingslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:42 PM   #95
denijo72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: denijo72
Stats: 168.5/143.5/135
Start Date: 01/02/04
I can not find the DaVinci syrups, but I did find the Atkins vanilla syrup can I use that instead for the cheesecake?
denijo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:46 AM   #96
uwhoney
Junior LCF Member

Location: with the Handsome Mighty Satchel & "Fluff Daddy" Bucky
Gallery: uwhoney
Can I make the mocha one without the coffee? Also, can I make it with unsweetened chocolate? Does the semi-sweet chocolate add carbs? Thanks

I use the Atkins syrup because I can't find the DaVinci either.

Bucky Katt's Prayer: Thank you, O Can Opener, for this can which you are about to open. You are truly a beautiful can opener, and though I am not worthy of you, I love you.

Bucky Katt's Scripture: "Do unto cats and you'll get messed up." --Bucky 7:45

Bucky Katt's Comedy Routine: Good Evening . . . so dogs are pretty dumb, eh? . . . and ugly. Thank you. You've been great - My name is Bucky and I'll be here all week.
uwhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:03 AM   #97
auntie3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: auntie3
Stats: 217 / bouncing around / 140
WOE: Low Carb/ Lower GI
Start Date: Jan 24/01
Stayingslim - I would add Splenda, Diabetisweet, Maltitol, or any other sweetener to taste. Start with 1/4 cup.

denijo - the Atkins syrup should be just fine. You may have to adjust for sweetness, as I am not sure what is used for sweetener in the Atkins syrup.

uwhoney - Mocha, by definition, is a blend of coffee and chocolate. You could make it without the coffee, but you will have plain chocolate. If you use unsweetened chocolate, your cheesecake will end up with a very bitter flavor, and you will have to add sweetener to compensate. The semi-sweet does add carbs, but not that many spread out over the entire cheesecake. If you are concerned about it, then I'd recommend that you make another flavor.

Auntie

Proud member of the SHRINKING VIOLETS
[/color]

[color=red]At the Canada Challenge thread every day![/color]
auntie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #98

Gallery:
Texture?

Ok I am finally making the basic cheesecake recipe for the first time and I got the mixture nice and creamy until I added the eggs. Does it then turn somewhat like curds? or do you continue mixing until its completely smooth? I am afraid i will over beat the mixture now that the eggs are added.
Thanks!

Nicole
Old 07-15-2003, 01:18 PM   #99
red5573

Gallery: red5573
ok guys, now I HAVE to make a cheesecake. I made several last winter when I started low carb...just subbed Splenda for sugar and made it with no crust. I made pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving and it was awesome.
But now I am going to try some of these recipes. THANKS!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:31 AM   #100
thelainster

Gallery: thelainster
jazzyV-chocolate

Thanks Jazzy V for the delicious sounding cheesecake recipes! I was wondering about the semi-sweet and white chocolate mentioned in them. Would that be a special kind of chocolate or is the regular chocalate that I purchase at the grocery store- for example Baker's- the kind you use. I just don't want to bake something I think is low carb and then find out I was using the wrong kind of ingredient. If it is regular chocolate-does that usually have enough sugar to start big time cravings or stalls?

I can't wait to try thr chocolate and peanut butter!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #101
SHinOK
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Just another tweak for this now-legendary recipe.....

Made it using half vanilla and half almond Davinci syrup. Then sprinkled with sliced almonds.

It looked beautiful and tasted fantastic!!! YUM!!

(Hope this isn't a duplicate......I didn't have the nerve to read through ALL of these posts!!!)
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:15 AM   #102
auntie3
Senior LCF Member

"Does it then turn somewhat like curds? or do you continue mixing until its completely smooth? I am afraid i will over beat the mixture now that the eggs are added. "

Nicole -Sorry no one answered your question yet! I hope you have discovered that the curds disappear - and it's a good idea to stop beating as soon as they do! Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition, or you will have grainy bits throughout your cheesecake.

"semi-sweet and white chocolate mentioned in them. Would that be a special kind of chocolate or is the regular chocalate that I purchase at the grocery store- for example Baker's"

thelainster - Yes, you can use Baker's chocolate. I found a sugar free white Callebaut chocolate at my favorite kitchen supply store. It is wonderful. For the white chocolate flavor, you could use Sugar Free DaVincin's white chocolate syrup. You can use the semi-sweet Baker's squares, or you can try to find sugar free chocolate. Again, Callebaut dark chocolate is wonderful. You could also use sugar free chocolate bars (such as Ross Chocolate, or other fine quality sugar free bar).

Good luck, and happy baking.

SHinOK - sounds awesome!

Auntie

[/color]

Last edited by auntie3; 07-25-2003 at 05:54 AM..
Old 07-24-2003, 12:48 PM   #103
medenfield
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: medenfield
Does anyone know the carb count per serving of the basic cheesecake if you substitute DaVinci's for the Splenda?
started induction 7/16/2003
No Cheese, eggs, seafood eaten (allergies) and desperatley trying to stay on induction!
medenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:51 PM   #104
JazzyV
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JazzyV
Stats: 258.65/222.8/185
WOE: Low Carb/Weight Watchers
Based on 12 slices, it's 5g per piece with splenda, 3g per piece with sf Davinci syrup.
JazzyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #105
medenfield
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: medenfield
Well that's great. I am going to try to do 24 cupcakes (instead of 12 slices) with Davinci syrup. That would be only 1.5 carbs per cupcake. I am thinking my DH would LOVE this as a snack. THanks everyone!
started induction 7/16/2003
No Cheese, eggs, seafood eaten (allergies) and desperatley trying to stay on induction!
medenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #106
Mayra29

Gallery: Mayra29
Thank you for the recipes..........I am going to make one cheesecake tonight!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #107
MissBliss

Gallery: MissBliss
M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-
Old 08-09-2003, 11:17 AM   #108
dannyt

Gallery: dannyt
Made the plain cheesecake last night. Put it in the fridge this morn - look GREAT - no cracking or rising - plain white on top. Great tips.

Plan to have with my boys tonight while watching a movie (wife & daughter out on the town tonite).

Any suggestions on toppings. I have some blueberries and plan to mix some with whipped cream and splenda or divinci - or maybe by themselves.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:47 PM   #109
Praying Colonel
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Praying Colonel
Stats: 308/297/185
My DW made me a pumpkin cheesecake for my birthday--let me just say that it was stupendous. Thanks for the recipes!
Praying Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #110
Ophelia42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ophelia42
WHOA! I made my second cheesecake ever today using the "basic" recipe here... Oh my goodness it was WONDERFUL! (My first try at cheesecake was one from the Atkins website - ok, but nothing to write home about)

I have a question - can I freeze some of this? There is no way I'll be able to finish it all and it's too good to waste!
Ophelia42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:26 AM   #111
auntie3
Senior LCF Member

It's fine to freeze it! There may be a slight texture change, but I really enjoy eating it partially frozen - especially at this time of year. If you want to thaw it before eating, it's best to thaw in the fridge for an hour or two. ENJOY!

Auntie

[/color]

Old 08-29-2003, 03:50 PM   #112
roche
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: roche
Mmmmm.......I just made the basic cheesecake recipe today. I tried it warm, and I thought it was too eggy. Waited until it totally cooled down, AND IT IS AWESOME!

Only problem? I have eaten three slices already! Gotta control myself and not eat anymore until tomorrow.

Can't wait to try the choc. peanut butter version.

Also, just an FYI: I have never made cheesecake before, and I didn't have a pan big enough for springform pan to fit inside -- so I just baked it without a waterbath with same instructions. Turned out just fine and no cracking!

Roche
roche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:35 AM   #113
auntie3
Senior LCF Member

About using the waterbath:

Okay, it does seem like a pain to have to fill that extra container with water. And sometimes the springform pans leak. To get around that problem, you can always try placing a pan filled with water on the rack below. This does help, but it doesn't have quite the same effect as a full water bath.

What happens when we DON't use a waterbath:

The eggs tend to "souffle" (puff up). Because they are protein, the eggs form strands, which squeeze out the moisture. It rises, then collapses, because the eggs become hotter than the temperature inside the oven.

With a water bath, the water acts as a barrier to the dry heat of the oven, and it prevents the eggs from getting hotter than the water.

The end result of the the cheesecake baked in a waterbath is that it will be creamier and smoother than one baked in a dry oven. It is all about texture.

If you don't have a lasagna pan, you can purchase one of those large foil roasting pans, and use it.

The key to a waterbath is to place your cheesecake in the pan, then add boiling water.

The waterbath police won't come out and get you if you don't use one, but your cheesecakes will actually be better if you do use one. Honest.

Auntie

[/color]

Old 09-01-2003, 10:13 AM   #114
roche
Junior LCF Member

Mmmmmm.....you mean it could be even better? I'm definnitely buyijng a larger pan!

Roche
Old 09-09-2003, 10:09 AM   #115
canadiandina
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: canadiandina
for some reason, reduced fat cream cheese has less carbs in it....is it okay to use that instead of regular fat cream cheese? will the texture and richness still be the same?
canadiandina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:58 PM   #116
Mona
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hmmm, according to ****** 1 cup of regular cream cheese is 6.17 carbs. 1 cup of lowfat cream cheese is 16.8 carbs.

I know brands differ and all, but it seems to me that if they are taking the fat out, they have to replace it with fillers and those add carbs.

It's possible that your "lite" version is simply whipped full of air. So the same volume is less carbs. However, it's not going to act the same in the cheesecake recipe.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 07:40 PM   #117
AnnieM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieM
Stats: 292/155/150ish
WOE: lower carbs, smaller portions, prayer!
Start Date: 10/22/07
Beachgirl...thank you for these recipes.
Simply delicious!!!!

AnnieM...
AnnieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #118
cleme
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cleme
Stats: 116/112/112
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 9/8/03
Unbelievable!

Beachgirl...YOU ROCK!!! I made the basic cheesecake this weekend with sliced strawberries....DELISH. DH and mom thought it was incredible. They said it tasted like a real "New York Style" cheesecake.

OH, and if you have not tried the almond flour crust....TRY IT!! It tasted just as good as graham crackers...in fact, it was better. Don't suffer without the crust...use ALMOND FLOUR!!!!!!!!!
cleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 01:30 PM   #119
roche
Junior LCF Member

Hm.....would this almond flour crust also work for some sf chocolate pudding or sf banana pudding pie recipes made with cream and water instead of milk.....? just wondreing.......or would the pudding mixes still be too carby?

roche
Old 10-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #120
capercop
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: capercop
Holy TOLEDO !!

I just made Beachgirl's Mocha Cheesecake .... and It couldnt have come out better .... its dense, creamy, and even the top looks lovely and marbled.

I finally have a desert that will impress ... and it's legal !!