Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #181
WonderBird
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderBird
Y'all, you have got to try what I mention above! And I need to clarify something about that:

When I said I'm adding a cup of flour, I'm also quadrupling this recipe. So the amount for the original recipe would be only 1/4 cup.

So I made it today, quadrupled, with a cup of coconut flour and a T of baking powder, and this was the most scrumptious batch yet!!! I went in the kitchen after brownies (low-carb, Hannah's Fabulous recipe) and thought I'd take just a test bite of the floopsie bread that had come out of the oven shortly before, and it was so dang yummy I stood there eating floopsie and forgot all about the brownies! I even gave my picky as heck parrot a piece, and she scarfed it down. Didn't turn her beak up at it.
WonderBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 12:28 PM   #182
grammieof8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grammieof8
Floopsie was a flip for me

I really wanted this work , but maybe I misread the recipe. Mine was not done at 25minutes is as flat now as it was when I poured it into the pan! Are there different kinds of coconut flour??

Last edited by grammieof8; 03-11-2018 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Title should say flop not flip
grammieof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #183
THELOU
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: THELOU
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 1998
OOPSIE WITH ALMOND FLOUR AND PSYLLIUM HUSK

My husband loves them. I make them in muffin top pans. They are sticky but we store them with papers between them and toast them just slightly when we are ready to eat. Absolutely best I've found to date,sturdy and tastes like bread.

OOPSIE WITH ALMOND FLOUR AND PSYLLIUM HUSK

Serving Size:*Makes 6 rolls
3 large eggs
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
pinch of salt
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup almond flour
1⁄2 tablespoon psyllium husks
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp yeast

Directions
1. Take the eggs and cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let them warm to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
3. Separate the eggs
4. Add the cream of tartar to the whites and whip until VERY stiff. (Be careful not to over beat them)
5. In a separate bowl, and add cream cheese Almond flour, Psyllium husk, salt and yeast to the yolks using a mixer. Beat until very smooth.
6. Add the almond flour and psyllium to the cream cheese mixture.
7. Take 1/3 of your egg whites and mix them into the cream cheese. Don't worry about folding yet, just stir them in completely.
8. Using a spatula, gradually fold the remaining egg whites (by 1/3 portions) into the cream cheese mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
9. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and gently spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds.
10. Flatten each mound every so slightly.
11. Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly).
12. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool
13. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist).
THELOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #184
WonderBird
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammieof8 View Post
I really wanted this work , but maybe I misread the recipe. Mine was not done at 25minutes is as flat now as it was when I poured it into the pan! Are there different kinds of coconut flour??
That's why I added baking powder to mine. Also the more room temperature / warm the cream cheese is, the lighter and airier it seems to whip up and bake up. It's still not 100% bread-like, but it's closer.

Have any of you experimented with adding herbs, Parmesan cheese, chopped olives, anything like that? I used to make this Mediterranean herb and cheese bread in my bread machine, and I'd like to try to recreate that. But I started with a mix and just added chopped black olives to it, so I'm unsure of herbs and proportions to start with in this. I will try to find some recipes for ideas.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #185
WonderBird
Senior LCF Member

Apple butter on these things is AMAZING. Now to find out if there's such a thing as low-carb apple butter, or maybe make my own and not add sugar so it's at least lower carb......
Old 03-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #186
WonderBird
Senior LCF Member

I had crumbled sausage and cheddar cheese on floopsies this morning, making kind of a cheese biscuit. Yummy!