Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #61
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
not feeling the best, so very tired

dh is not well

diet isn't so far this week

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2017, 02:57 PM   #62
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post

dh is not well

Life just sucks sometimes. Thinking of you both.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #63
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125/122 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Quote:

dh is not well

I do hope you checked with your doctor after your fainting spell and fall. This isn't normal!

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #64
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Good morning ladies Yesterday my eating involved a few more carbs which left me feeling bloated and sluggish. I am determined today to stick with mostly protein! New granddaughter will be visiting at my home today and we are also planning to go to my sister's house so she can meet her.
Exercise will be 2 mile walk and pilates and tricep work

Have an awesome day everyone!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:40 AM   #65
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Hello everyone! I have been reading everyone's posts but sorry I don't have a chance to respond right now. Yesterday was good all day - it was DH's birthday so we went out to eat at Pizza Ranch. I just got a skimpy salad that was pretty Stillman's friendly - just a small amount of dressing. I had eaten eggs earlier so I wouldn't be ravenous- that helped A TON. Back when I was doing OMAD I went hog wild at Pizza Ranch one time.. tons of pizza and cactus bread..basically "let's see how much I can eat in an hour" OY! Well last night I felt good about myself that I was 'just satisfied' when we left and did not overeat.

I thought DH would try to guilt me into eating some of his cake later on but he didn't - so while the family ate cake I had a little bit of Arctic Ice mixed with some protein powder. Sounds weird but it was actually good.. lol. It didn't bother me too much because I'm not a huge cake person. Doritos, now that's another story. lol. I think I did ok - although carbs were a bit higher than I'd like. All in all I'm considering it a successful day.

I was so tired last night - work is maxing me out again... I was sleeping by about 9:45 and then kept hitting snooze this morning So I didn't get up to work out like I wanted to, but I only work til 2 today so I WILL be working out this afternoon before I get the kids.

I am going to keep the eating as clean as possible - just lean protein today. I plan to weigh in Friday.

Hope you all have a great day -- hi Jeanie!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 10-18-2017 at 06:44 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:43 AM   #66
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Leona I am sorry DH is also unwell. I see you are down a few pounds, I know we all like low numbers but please make sure you are nourishing your body. Sending hugs.

p0rtia, I am no saint believe me. I am guilty of eating tortilla chips like a demon if there is a good dip around. I just try not to do it too often. Black chocolate is a favourite. I drink more wine than I should and don't intend to change that.

I do love my Zumba and similar exercise.

Lovely to see the thread buzzing.

Posting at the same time os Deanslist, ha ha another Doritos addict. Well done on the abstinence at the Pizza place.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

Last edited by Kissa; 10-18-2017 at 06:46 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #67
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
za

Hi Carly! Looove when everybody checks in, don't you? I just had my own yummy feta salad. Gawd, I love eating greens and doing LC--not sure why it never dawned on me that I could do this before this year. I am dense sometimes.

As for pizza or chipotle--again we are in sync. I'm going with pizza, of the Fat Head variety. Just received an order of lupin flour, which I never heard of till yesterday, and I'm gonna give it a try.

Although I don't like to cook, per se, I do like to bake (and make boiled candy!). One thing I love about FHP is that I can make a one-person sized pizza. 500 cals of yum with minimal carbs. Hoo boy!

So you go to Albany now and then for work??? I didn't know this. I am about an hour and twenty minutes from Albany--maybe some day we can get together when you're in town on a DD and not have lunch!
We got Chipoltle. I ate about 1/3. Those bowls are huge! I had a few tortilla chips on the side. I would have preferred pizza and salad, but maybe I'll have that over the weekend.

Happily, I do not have to travel to Albany very frequently for work. I'm not all that fond of traveling alone. My sister-in-law lived in Albany until just a month ago (moved to Georgia), but those visits were usually not my cup of tea either.

Quote:
Been thinking of you, Kissa. Wondering what I can glean from your brain about the upcoming maintenance. Is it habit? Habit + eternal vigilence? I anticipate a lot of fluctuation in my maintenance life--but you are like a rock. Different strokes, I know.
For me, maintenance is definitely Habit+Vigilence.

Quote:

dh is not well

Please take care of yourself

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #68
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

DAY THREE

Let the Fun Continue!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 AM   #69
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

My scratch sheet on the morning of day 3.

Question: Does anybody else do this?

Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #70
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
DAY THREE

Let the Fun Continue!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #71
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My scratch sheet on the morning of day 3.

Question: Does anybody else do this?

I don't but am wondering if I should?!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:54 AM   #72
Sage1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sage1
WOE: CICO
Just lurking and cheering you guys on!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #73
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Day 3 and a DD for me. Yesterdays UD was not so bad really. I got so busy at work that I only had a greek yogurt with nuts all day. I went out for a drink with a co-worker (we both needed after 2 meetings with a crazy new hire) and had buffalo cauliflower that I scarfed down because I was so hungry but after I ate it I thought - dang it was not worth the calories. Food wise I did OK all day but the wine calories were too many.

pOrtia- I don't see the scratch sheet- did you remove it or is it my own server that won't let it through? is it just a list of your foods and calories?

I was thinking about what kind of challenge I want to give to myself other than just sticking to my UD/DD rotations and I think maybe doing Fast 5 with the rotations might also help. I'm going to try to do a DD over the weekend to do eod instead of 4:3 but we'll see. I also keep thinking of trying to do the LCHF but not sure how many veggies I can have with that plan - any input from anyone? According to that chart would I have to keep it below 20 g carbs? This time of year I am getting lots of squash, some cabbage, eggplant, peppers- I think they are all relatively LC... I really need to look in to ways to preserve my veggies.

Ok thats it from me, Day 3 and feeling good!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #74
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
May I join in? I do do JUDDD, but just a little bit differently

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:01 PM   #75
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage1 View Post
Just lurking and cheering you guys on!
Thanks, Sage! How are we doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Day 3 and a DD for me. Yesterdays UD was not so bad really. I got so busy at work that I only had a greek yogurt with nuts all day. I went out for a drink with a co-worker (we both needed after 2 meetings with a crazy new hire) and had buffalo cauliflower that I scarfed down because I was so hungry but after I ate it I thought - dang it was not worth the calories. Food wise I did OK all day but the wine calories were too many.
Never ceased to amaze me that people eat cruciferae by choice. I know, I know, it's my problem.

Did you do a calorie guestimate or just "know"? I myself went on a sweets rampage yesterday (keeping in my mind that erythritol is my idea of a sweet). The lupin flour turned out to be a real winner. Plus I got into the Halo Top big time.

Hope the DD continues to go well. So far so good with me too

Quote:
pOrtia- I don't see the scratch sheet- did you remove it or is it my own server that won't let it through? is it just a list of your foods and calories?
Still there for me -- it's actually a link to my google photos site (for whatever reason, I can't actually upload pix to LCF--either that or I can't figure out how to do it). Anybody else not seeing big yellow stickies?

Quote:

I was thinking about what kind of challenge I want to give to myself other than just sticking to my UD/DD rotations and I think maybe doing Fast 5 with the rotations might also help. I'm going to try to do a DD over the weekend to do eod instead of 4:3 but we'll see. I also keep thinking of trying to do the LCHF but not sure how many veggies I can have with that plan - any input from anyone? According to that chart would I have to keep it below 20 g carbs? This time of year I am getting lots of squash, some cabbage, eggplant, peppers- I think they are all relatively LC... I really need to look in to ways to preserve my veggies.
If you decide to do EOD, I hope you stay in sync with me. EOD loves company. As for LC. Well, the chart says anything below 50 is LC. For myself, I'm considering <20 to be VLC. I think you get immense benefits from that. And I think in any event, if you avoid starch carbs, you can eat all the veg you want and not have it hadd up. It's not a question of kitosis anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
May I join in? I do do JUDDD, but just a little bit differently
Yay! Delighted to have you on board. And please give specifics of the "little bit different!"

Leona - Hope you are feeling better, and dh as well. Saw your very LOW number on the Daily Weigh thread. So happy for you for that--but still concerned about the health stuff. Please check in when you can.

Last edited by p0rtia; 10-18-2017 at 12:04 PM..
p0rtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #76
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, p0rtia!
I don't count my calories. Shocking, I know! I eat more on some days and less on others, being sure to make good choices (when I haven't completely fallen off the wagon, that is!). But it works for me Oh, and I see the big yellow stickies.

Hope you and your DH feel better, Leona!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #77
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Thank you, p0rtia!
I don't count my calories. Shocking, I know! I eat more on some days and less on others, being sure to make good choices (when I haven't completely fallen off the wagon, that is!). But it works for me Oh, and I see the big yellow stickies.
Not shocking at all. My sister does this, and it works great for her. Indeed, I even stopped counting for a while last winter, because I was in a good groove, doing LC, and exercising a LOT. Come to think of it, the LC part is key for me--if I'm not actively throttling back the carbs, all hell will break loose in a red-hot minute. Hmm--I think I just learned something!
Old 10-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #78
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I do moderate carb Phoenix, a la 8WBSD. So no grains, potatoes (or sweet pots), rice, pasta or sugar. Squash, celeriac, beets, rutabaga are fine. All other veg are fine, carrots in moderation as a small accompaniment.

Works for me.

p0rtia, I don't see your yellow sticky notes either I can never add photos to LCF either, except for my avatar.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:10 PM   #79
Sage1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sage1
WOE: CICO
p0rtia, you are all doing great and having so much fun!

The thread is a happy place.

Best of luck to all!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #80
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

I try to actually do a calorie count when I'm in "active dieting" mode. I use one of the calorie trackers we are not allowed to name- the problem with those are that there are so many entries that is sometimes hard to know which one is correct. I tend to either take the average number or use my best judgment.

No cruciferous for you huh? Cauliflower is just so versatile, its too bad you don't like it. and broccoli... mmm.... I was at one of my favorite restaurants not too long ago and for an appetizer they had a grilled broccoli "steak" - just a big section of broccoli fire grilled and topped with a creamy sriracha dressing - the creamy part was a mix of pureed broccoli and sriracha and a bit of honey- oh man was it good. Oh and roasted brussel sprouts!! I'm so excited its brussel sprout season! and don't get me going on roasted Cabbage! cut in to wedges, brushed with butter and liberal with the salt and pepper- the roasting makes is sweet and delicious. YUMMMMM.... have I converted you yet?

I'm a little annoyed at myself- I managed to do a zero fast all day long and when I got home, I even thought to myself- huh I'm not really hungry, but I want to taste something... so I had about 300 cal and man it has woken up the hunger. why didn't I just go for a zero?? too late now. I'll go have some tea.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #81
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix17- that roasted cabbage sounds delicious and I don't like cabbage! Lol! Can you please tell me how long you roast it and at what temp?

Old 10-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #82
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jenn,
I usually roast it at 400-425 for at least 20 min. I take one head of cabbage and slice it in half through the core keeping the core intact. then slice each half in to wedges also cut through the core since it is what keeps the wedges together. How many wedges depends on the size of the head but I usually try to do at least 4 slices per half- the thinner the slice the faster it roasts (sorry -that was an obvious thing to say) but I also love the nice crispy browned bits from the cabbage and you get more of them in thinner wedges. I try to brush both sides with butter and I also try to flip the wedges one time - they tend to fall apart when flipping though so that is a tricky move. I imagine they would be fine without it. Basically roast it until its nice and tender and don't worry about it getting blackened bits- they taste delicious! Oh- and don't forget to liberally season with salt and pepper or any other seasoning that floats your boat.

OK I think that has to be my dinner tomorrow night!!!

Oh - and if you like brussel sprouts, you basically do something similar with them and they are equally awesome!! cut the sprouts in half if they are big, toss with oil, salt and pepper and roast those babies til they are nice and brown and soft, sweet and carmelized...

yeah i need to stop thinking about food and go make that tea.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #83
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much, phoenix17! I will definitely give that cabbage a try! If I like it, I may try the brussel sprouts too. I'm not a fan of those, but the room mate does.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #84
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Morning everyone, enjoying the thread a lot. I wish I had more time to respond to everyone's posts. This weekend, maybe. Cindy, I do love Doritos. I can't remember the last time I ate them, but they're like crack to me. lol. Sage, good to see you here! I feel ya on the Quest protein chips - however I can go through two bags no problem - high protein or not.. haha. The cost is a deterrent though!

Jeanie, how did your day end up yesterday?

Hello to everyone -- I agree, this thread is a happy place, I am glad to be part of it!

I was able to work out yesterday afternoon (2 mile run and 20 mins Piyo) and also got my butt out of bed for 20 mins of Piyo this morning. DH is home with the kids today because they're off school today and tomorrow - they're all sleeping and I've been having quiet time.. YAY! Feeling rested and the day is off to a good start. Since I don't have to drop the kids off this morning I can get to work a bit early and catch up on some things.

Some notes to myself:

1. Ditch the yogurt and protein powder (for now). Tub of Quest peanut butter protein powder is gone, not buying more til I reach goal. Yes, I am one who could binge on yogurt. When I'm done I always want more. My goal is to delay myself til my brain can catch up. That usually works.

2. I need to get stricter. So, today I've made myself little plastic containers of egg whites with 1/4 cup of black beans in each one. Weird combo. The beans have 9 carbs but a lot of fiber. I am going to see what that does for my hunger. Yesterday I had a cup of Fage in the morning and was not even hungry til 3 p.m. - but I felt I overate at that meal. Not bingeing... but ate more than I needed. Still ended the day at 1300 cals.

3. The exercise needs to happen more consistently, and I need to get off my butt during the day and not just focus on my half hour workout or whatever. Now that I'm up on the 6th floor at work, I am taking the stairs and going up and down a lot during the day because we occupy 2 floors so I'm sometimes up and down between 2nd and 6th floors. Just doing that the other day was 5,000 steps. Imagine if I took a lunchtime walk like Carly does!

Gotta run, hope you all have a wonderful day!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 10-19-2017 at 06:15 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #85
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning!
Been doing my exercise everyday. The 2 mile walk each morning and the pilates and tricep work every other day.

Yesterday foods were chicken, turkey, cheese and greek yogurt with a tsp. of protein powder and a few lily's s/f choc chips stirred in. Not a purist by any stretch, lol! I feel less bloated and am slowly taking off a few pounds so I am happy!

Old 10-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #86
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

DAY FOUR

Let the Fun Continue!
Old 10-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #87
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
*respectfully cutting the Cabbage Chat*

OK I think that has to be my dinner tomorrow night!!!

*and the Brussel Sprouts Bumph*

yeah i need to stop thinking about food and go make that tea.
Hi phoe! Oddly enough, I do better when I think about food--when I think about how much I'm going to enjoy whatever wonderful meal I'm going to enjoy in a few hours (or the next day). Thinking intently = focus, I reckon. It's those flash moments when I think how wonderful a gallon of ice cream would be (with nuts and chocolate sauce) and then go with it that are a problem. And those flashes come less frequently when I'm in a good weight management rut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Morning everyone, enjoying the thread a lot. I wish I had more time to respond to everyone's posts. This weekend, maybe. Cindy, I do love Doritos. I can't remember the last time I ate them, but they're like crack to me. lol. Sage, good to see you here! I feel ya on the Quest protein chips - however I can go through two bags no problem - high protein or not.. haha. The cost is a deterrent though!
Did you say Doritos??? Man, I am also a chip monster! I spend considerable time trying to bake low cal/carb crackers that actually crunch, mainly to keep my chip monster satisfied. Yes, "crack" is just about right.

And I can't buy the low cal/carb chips, because there are just soo few of them. Can't fool me with those tiny serving sizes, nu-uh!

Quote:

I was able to work out yesterday afternoon (2 mile run and 20 mins Piyo) and also got my butt out of bed for 20 mins of Piyo this morning. DH is home with the kids today because they're off school today and tomorrow - they're all sleeping and I've been having quiet time.. YAY! Feeling rested and the day is off to a good start. Since I don't have to drop the kids off this morning I can get to work a bit early and catch up on some things.
Awesome activity. Do you do this year round?

Quote:
Some notes to myself:

2. I need to get stricter. So, today I've made myself little plastic containers of egg whites with 1/4 cup of black beans in each one. Weird combo. The beans have 9 carbs but a lot of fiber. I am going to see what that does for my hunger. Yesterday I had a cup of Fage in the morning and was not even hungry til 3 p.m. - but I felt I overate at that meal. Not bingeing... but ate more than I needed. Still ended the day at 1300 cals.
1300 is really good, right? I wonder if you experience what I do--an occasional (used to be frequent) sense of panic that I'm bingeing when if fact I'm just a handful of calories over my goal. When I know full well that it's not 100 calories whilst in weight-loss mode that will be my downfall, but day-in and day-out bingeing of thousands of caloies. Boy, that feeling of having blown it is unpleasant.

Quote:
3. The exercise needs to happen more consistently, and I need to get off my butt during the day and not just focus on my half hour workout or whatever. Now that I'm up on the 6th floor at work, I am taking the stairs and going up and down a lot during the day because we occupy 2 floors so I'm sometimes up and down between 2nd and 6th floors. Just doing that the other day was 5,000 steps. Imagine if I took a lunchtime walk like Carly does!
Okay that answers my question above, I reckon. May I ask what you envision as sustainable exercise goal? Tennis aside, my attempts at regular exercise are not generally successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Good morning!
Been doing my exercise everyday. The 2 mile walk each morning and the pilates and tricep work every other day.

Yesterday foods were chicken, turkey, cheese and greek yogurt with a tsp. of protein powder and a few lily's s/f choc chips stirred in. Not a purist by any stretch, lol! I feel less bloated and am slowly taking off a few pounds so I am happy!
Hugs from another non-purist. And a lover of poultry. What you ate sounds amazingly healthy, compared to my use of diet this and diet that.

Me: Yesterday was a good DD, but I was aware of lots of voices in my head asking, "So how long till we can declare victory and get back to some serious eating?" I'm definitely in early back-on-the-wagon stage withdrawal from the Summer of Festival Eating. I have faith that in a couple of weeks, the voices will fade away. I'm already committed to sticking to EOD till I leave for Boston in a month. Why stop? Voices aside, I am loving the food and wildly relieved to be back to sane eating. I felt so good today that I did a waist measurement. Got 38.5. Nice.

Gonna enjoy my UD to the max!

Old 10-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #88
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

DL-horray for quiet time!

p0rtia- enjoy your UD!

Old 10-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #89
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

jeaniem: was that your DD?

Deanslist- sounds like you are getting good exercise! do you have a fitbit or something similar? I love that mine counts the flights of stairs I do in a day . speaking of that I should get better at tracking my steps again... I've slacked off a bit.

pOrtia - ah the voices in the head. I get those which is why I have to stop thinking of food on a DD. but funny enough for some reason I find myself looking up recipes on DDs!!! ALL the time!

i'm definitely a sweets versus a salty craving person. you guys can keep the dorito's but I can't walk away from good pastry.
Yesterday's DD was fine - I topped out around 350 cal I think but the scale didn't reflect a good day which is always frustrating. I try not to let that bother me and remind myself its only ONE tool for measurement but that is not always successful. I woke up feeling more slim and I feel that I look it so then I see the scale and think - dang it wheres the fat? I know exactly where it is haha.

Today UD and usually I fast til lunch at least but the work stress started immediately and I needed my brain power so I ended up having a mid-morning breakfast. I sit here currently debating on skipping lunch or not- sometimes it backfires on me and leads me to overeat at dinner. I figure my breakfast was about 250 cal... maybe more because I had nuts and they can be sneaky with the calories. so lets say 300. If I am sticking to the calculator calories that leaves me 1500 to play with for the day. Hmmmm.... I can have that cabbage with plenty of butter! Good bye lunch and hello butter!

Speaking of butter, I'm thinking of some LCHF options for DDs - my limit is 350 cal. So tell me if my thinking is off here: bacon is only 80 cal/2 slices. does that count the rendered fat? If I cooked up say 6 slices of bacon (240c), then sauteed some zucchini or spaghetti squash or cabbage in the drippings (~50 cal and up to 10 g carbs per cup or maybe even 2c depending on the veggie of course) I could still top off the whole thing with a few shavings of parmesan cheese. That could even be 2 small meals! Seems wrong some how. I suppose even if I didn't use the bacon drippings I could steam whatever veggie, then could wipe out the pan and get rid of most of the drippings and just sautee in what is left.... hmmm...perhaps I'll do this tonight for tomorrow.

Last question- what is the prevailing opinion of the canned protein drinks ala Slimfast or other? avoid? use? don't matter? once upon a time I used the slimfast and found 1 can to actually be quite satisfying but the ingredient list leaves a little something to be desired maybe....
Old 10-19-2017, 10:46 AM   #90
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- I don't drink the canned protein drinks, but that's because I just don't like the taste. If they work for you, then go for it! On the scale front, I usually show a gain or no loss after a DD because my body is hanging on to whatever I've got because it didn't get anything food wise. I'm with you on the sweets. I can walk away from any chip, but let a sweet cross my path and watch out! lol! No help with the bacon question because I don't like bacon. That said, I did a little research, and it seems that the consensus says nutrition info on bacon is for bacon that is cooked and does not count the rendered fat.