Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
March Daily Chat

New, views, updates - this is where we gather round our campfire and swap our stories, because JBs have a lot going on in their lives.

Maintenance should be a way to thrive, not an endurance sport.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thank you, Slow....
We are on a cruise ship for several months. Internet is SLOW, so I read, but donít post much.

Sorry for all of your familyís health issues Slow and the inclement weather most are still having. We are in the South Pacific where it is hot! Loving it......

Trying to stick to low carb..itís very doable except for the Champagne!!

Hugs for everyone
Old 03-01-2018, 12:51 AM   #3
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Sibling's vision is restored which is a positive sign (vision went beyond being blurred into actually being lost after the atrial fibrillation couldn't be controlled).

There's still a heightened risk of stroke and heart failure but I am still positive that the eventual outcome should be OK.

Sibling with the lower limb fractures is managing nicely from the revisions.

My MiL's partner is stabilising nicely.

The friends with breast cancer are on schedule with their programmes.

So - by and large, things could be far worse. It's all rather more complicated than it needs to be to assist people because of the ludicrous travel problems with this embarrassingly small amount of snow.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:50 AM   #4
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/170/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Thanks Slow. Glad to hear friends and family health is going in a positive direction. Hopefully the snow goes soon to clear up the travel problems.

Seabreezes the weather sounds divine.

I ended up having a good ending to February after thinking I wasn't going to lose anything. I am looking forward to getting through March so warmer weather can get here. I have a vacation at the end of March so I really am going to try and stay focused this month.

Lately I started just doing boiled eggs on my down days and have cut out all the white processed carbs on my UD's and it really seemed to help. I also added a serving of benefiber to my morning coffee. Read somewhere that soluble fiber helps block the absorption of some fat. Don't know if that's true but I need the added fiber for other reasons, so if it does I'll take the added benefit.

Here's to hoping everyone has some great losses or easy maintenance this month. Spring is right around the corner.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:52 AM   #5
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Slow- sending healing energy to your family and friends. I know that sometimes it feels like that expression "when it rains it pours." I didn't realize that snow is fairly infrequent in London. It's too bad the 2-3 centimeters caused such havoc. Sounds like what happens here when totals are over a foot or so. That being said, the train line I travel to and from work, reserves the right to slow or suspend service at anything over 8 inches, but that is quite a lot less than what NYC would consider reason to close or limit the subways, so I worry that I might get into work, but have trouble getting back when totals are predicted to grow during the work hours.

Ever since I fell in January on some black ice my back (where I had the fusion has been giving a lot of pain. Mostly feels like nerve pain, but also an aching. I had an MRI last week and the report had this to say:

Soft tissues: Postoperative changes are noted in the posterior
paraspinal soft tissues spanning L2-S1. There is a multiloculated
fluid collection within the laminectomy bed that appears to grossly
measure 1.6 x 3 x 6.9 cm (AP x TV x CC).

Additional observations: The imaged extraspinal structures are normal.

IMPRESSION:
1. Status post posterior lumbar decompression with L3-L5
laminectomies and L2-S1 posterior fusion.
2. Large multiloculated fluid collection in laminectomy bed.
3. No significant disc herniation, spinal canal stenosis or neural
foraminal narrowing.

I really have no idea what it says and when I called my doctor the receptionist said he only goes over MRIs in person, so I see him on 3/10. I just wish I knew if it was something serious, but it is what it. At least I'm somewhat accustomed to living with pain, but this is worse than usual.

My interviewing has been going well. I'm expecting that I may get an offer in the next week... decisions, decisions...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/130/130 Goal 2-20-18
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 08/16/17
Thanks for starting us off again Slow...Wow you have a lot going on. So many peoples to worry about. Glad it sounds like all are healing and heading in the right direction. How stressful for you.

Seabreezes...NICE!!! Enjoy the cruise and the weather. I like to do LC on cruises as well. They always have plenty of yummy options.

SW...LOL ironic. I am doing boiled eggs for my DD today as well. I had been doing salads but now I ma worried my calories may be too high with all of the veggies as crazy as that sounds. I also like olives in my salad.

Carly...hmmm yeah I have nothing on your medical report. I do have a daughter and her BF are both in medical school right now. They might know what it means if you want me to ask them? Hope you feel better soon. Good luck...I hope you get an offer!!!

Me...I'm pretty boring. I went to Zumba class yesterday and he turned the hour class into 90 minutes. Well actually he was still going at 90 minutes but because DH drove me to the gym I had to leave after 90 minutes. Boo. I will Zumba all night if given the chance. I fell very bloated today which is odd after that much activity. Oh well. Its water it will go.

Hi to all the other JBs!!!
jhmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #7
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Carly, it sounds to me like you have a fluid build up around the site of your previous surgery. Why? Due to your recent fall, or as a result of the surgery? Will it need to be aspirated or go away by itself? I'm sorry you have to wait so long to talk to the doctor about it.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Hi all.
I'm suffering in Scotland from 12"+ of snow. Edinburgh has shut down. DH shoveled the driveway and brushed off the cars, but there's already 2" of snow back on. We wait to see what the night brings.

I'm back because I need to track a bit. I was doing great lifting weights, losing and what-not. Then I spent a long weekend with a visiting friend drinking a lot of beer (which I enjoy, but don't indulge in much), and eating too much food. I'm now close to TOM, so I'm dealing with that bloat + trying to get my eating back on track + trying to get back to my weight lifting. Getting back to weights means I have a solid 2 weeks of everything hurting again.

I did, none the less, get started on the Thinner Leaner Stronger program again. It's doable, and it takes about 40 min for me to do the necessary exercises. (2/3 of the time is spent recovering from the heavy effort.)

DH also gave me a solid reminder tonight. He was looking at photos from his SLR off of his laptop. He showed me pictures from October 2015, when I weighed 148-153 lbs. It was sobering. I'm now averaging 128ish, so there's a drastic difference. But, as I said to him, I don't want to get complacent and backslide into the mid 130s, and then the higher 130s, and then, well, you know where it goes from there.

So tomorrow is a concerted effort to make it a low carb DD.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #9
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/166.8/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
After an UD in which I ate like an unsupervised 8year old, having a good DD. But very cold one. I eventually had to take hot bath and am in several layers of clothes. Odd thing today my pulse rate came out as 49, with 60 being normal. I checked my pulse and it seemed to be 60, but the sphygmomometer said 49. (First time I got that in a sentence)!!!
Wonder if it has to do with fasting, hydration, why I’m so stinking cold? Have never had anyone tell me my heart rate is low before.
Passed on some donuts even after they were waved under my nose. Yum.

Sorry ya’ll are dealing with unaccustomed snow fall, I didn’t realize it was rare in England. Is a foot ratre in Scotland? I live in a place where it’s not rare but not common, so it’s exciting but we have the infrastructure to deal with it.
A friend I saw in January noticed my weight loss, which is interesting because I had lost 10 lbs last time I’d seen her and have only gone down 5 since. This is the weirdest I’ve ever dropped weight.

It’s just rainy and dreary here, with a yucky temperature drop, but nice weekend coming. Hope you all melt soon and get back to normal!
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #10
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Sorry yaíll are dealing with unaccustomed snow fall, I didnít realize it was rare in England. Is a foot ratre in Scotland? I live in a place where itís not rare but not common, so itís exciting but we have the infrastructure to deal with it.
Believe me, it's always perspective. When I lived in Philly, people in Boston/ upper state New York always made fun of how Philly dealt with snow. 'It isn't a challenge until it's 2+ feet of snow...'
The reality is that the UK is just completely unprepared to deal with snow, and the majority of drivers don't have winter tires or know how to drive on 1" of snow. Edinburgh itself is quite hilly, so you combine all these things, and you have a complete shut down off of 4+ inches of snow. It's aggravating for me, but I understand. I lived in Baltimore in 2010 when we got three feet of snow...it shut down the city for a week, and I totally understand that. For the most part, Edinburgh/ Glasgow doesn't have severe winters or snows, so I don't blame them....too much.

As it stands...we're still getting more snow, plus the constant wind causes drifts to fill in where roads and walkways have ploughed. It's quite frustrating.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #11
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
We had our first snowfall yesterday and more expected later today...

We were ready for it and don’t need to drive anywhere for a few days. 8 inches is huge for this part of the country.

I’ve woken up with a headache and sore throat. Not thrilled.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:10 AM   #12
Carly

Oh, no! Feel better Cindy! I hope it's not the flu!

We are having a Nor Easter here, but they are calling primarily for rain, but if temperatures drop we may get snow as well.

I'm just glad it's Friday!!!!!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #13
Kissa

Thanks Carly, I feel fine now. I shouldn't complain when you cope with so much on a daily basis. You are Slow are amazing women.

The snow is coming down again.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #14
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thanks Carly, I feel fine now. I shouldn't complain when you cope with so much on a daily basis. You are Slow are amazing women.

The snow is coming down again.
I'm glad you feel better! It's been a rainy/ sleety/ snowy mess here, too.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #15
susieqrn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susieqrn
Stats: 230/224.6/130
WOE: moderate low carb/JUDD
Start Date: February 2018
Glad you're feeling better Cindy. That flu is so nasty this year. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
I agree with Carol, Carly. Sounds like fluid buildup around the site. Since it has been causing you discomfort since the fall, I would hazard a guess that is why. Hopefully it will absorb on it's own. I bet the 10th sounds like an eternity away though!
Old 03-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #16
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Iíve just worked out why the February thread went quiet.

I still need to get my dietary act together. Sigh.

I had gone to Exmoor for a few days at the start of this week. I did some walking, and enjoyed the wonderful scenery, but had to come home early to avoid being snowed in. Iíll plan another trip in a month or to to make up for it.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #17
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
[QUOTE=erinisme;17717843]After an UD in which I ate like an unsupervised 8year old, having a good DD. But very cold one. I eventually had to take hot bath and am in several layers of clothes. Odd thing today my pulse rate came out as 49, with 60 being normal. I checked my pulse and it seemed to be 60, but the sphygmomometer said 49. (First time I got that in a sentence)!!!
Wonder if it has to do with fasting, hydration, why Iím so stinking cold? Have never had anyone tell me my heart rate is low before.

I just started ADF last week. I've been wanting to do EF, but every time I go 2 full days, I get terrible charlie horses at night. So I decided to try ADF. Last week went well, and I'm excited to start up again tomorrow (I'm fasting MWF). I suddenly realized today that I'm basically doing JUDDD, so I thought I'd pop in on this thread. I also get freezing on my fasting days. I drink only hot water those days, sometimes take baths, and turn my heating blanket ALL the way up!
Old 03-05-2018, 01:46 AM   #18
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

A quick fly-by. Some of my friends and relatives aren't doing too well (long story short, the sibling who had the procedure for atrial fibrillation has had several strokes).

Overall I am optimistic as it's not unusual for there to be complications with drops in outside temperature (I forget the figures but for every 5C drop there is a substantial increase). We're having rapid thaws in much of the UK and our current problems are around flooding.

I miss checking in. My very best to all my JBs.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 AM   #19
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Slow. I have family members with health problems at the moment too. Itís hard.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:07 AM   #20
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/170/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Hi betterthanever and welcome. I think you'll find the Judd board very helpful. The people here are very supportive and helpful. Also I feel you with the cold. I too am usually freezing especially on fast days or as we call them down days. Many here have experienced that. I hope you find this way of eating helpful. It has been the only diet that has ever worked for me.

Slowsure I am so sorry to hear the health issues with the friends and relatives. I know that can be so stressful. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that all is well soon.

Carly I hope the healing process from the fall is going good.

Want to say hi to everyone and hope that things are going good for everyone. Diet wise I have been falling into the groove of things pretty good. The recent drop in weight and the weather warming up has definitely been a great motivator. Hoping everyone has a great Monday, or as great as Monday can get.

Last edited by ShrinkingWoman; 03-05-2018 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: spelling
ShrinkingWoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:35 AM   #21
Kissa

Slow, that is not good news. I am sorry. You too Ailuros.

I got to the gym today which was great, Body Combat is always a challenge but I enjoy it.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #22
Nanu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanu
Stats: 195/195/149, 5'8", 62 years old
WOE: LC & JUDD
Start Date: January 2018
Just returned from a week cruise. A lot of fun, a lot of music (Blues cruise) and a whole lot of eating and drinking! I gained 2lbs, so hopefully I can get that off and really start activating some losses!

So sorry to hear about your family and friend's health SS. I'm sure it is not only physically exhausting, but emotionally also.

Carly, please take care of yourself and heal. That weather in the NE is crazy.

I hope to really buckle down, and get serious about IF; so many interesting information highlighted in magazines (read a lot on long plane rides) supporting IF.

Hello and welcome back to all I may have missed!
Old 03-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #23
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
I'm here! Feb was even crazier than I thought it would be (sweet BIL had some lousy work news and DSis and I spent a week entertaining him. Took me the first four days of March to recover. And I have learned that moderate LC is essential to my physical and thus mental health. Wow. Another guest coming in tomorrow (for a week), but I doing LC JUDDD come hell or high water. Be well, all!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Kissa - I'm impressed by the Zumba and Burlesque but to learn that you do Body Combat as well... !!

Ailuros - it really does seem to come in waves, doesn't it? Much sympathy.

Yet another passing wave as I hope to be more fully engaged soon

Old 03-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #25
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Hello. Quick pop by. I really have nothing much to report. I have not been JUDDing. I can't get my head in the game to do a DD. My weight is pretty stable now so I'm happy with that. DH bought me a new scale which I love! It weighs me a pound heavier than my other 2 scales (yes I am obsessed) but it measures fat and muscle and bone and gives your BMI and BMR. Its a nifty little tool. It also does not fluctuate so my daily routine of popping on and off the scale multiple times trying to make it say the same thing twice is no longer needed.... I've never had a scale be that consistent. Now I have more numbers to obsess about too LOL. Just what I need. I've been hitting the gym during the week for my Zumba classes. Super fun. I'm hoping that will assist with muscle buildup and fat loss and weight number can stay here. I know Zumba is cardio but we work our abs and butts and legs quite a bit. I'll monitor and see if anything changes. One day I will maybe do some actual weights. haha we shall see. Back to work...
Old 03-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #26
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Thought I'd check in. After a long weekend with a friend eating and drinking a lot of beer (yikes!) my weight was up. Then TOM hit, along with not wanting to get back on the band wagon. Finally steered things in the right direction...and instead of falling back on cardio, I got back into the Thinner Leaner Stronger routine. Of course DH has been alternating the rowing machine and an exercise bike. The other night he bragged about doing 100 situps. So of COURSE I had to do 100 as well! I split 100 situps inbetween my TLS arm reps. It kept my heart rate up, and that evening I dropped a lot of bloat! We have 8 weeks until we leave for holiday, so we're starting to get competitive? We just don't want to be the fat tourists at a European resort.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #27
Kissa

Impressive workouts Kwerp, lol and having to equal DH's sit ups.

Jeni, I too am a Zumba addict. I have the privilege of two homes, when in one I have a gym with brilliant Zumba classes, in the other they are rubbish. Currently at the rubbish end, so I have done a great Combat class and a fun Burlesque class. I only do 3 classes a week, at 70 I think that's okay.

Having month off using the scale, it's quite tough, but I am eating the same way, although I need a good fasting day or two.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:04 AM   #28
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
*raises hand* Another Zumba addict here! I'm going tonight.

Hugs to all.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #29
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Burlesque dancing sound so super fun. For some reason its making me think of that sexy chair dance exercise video from 10 years ago...or was it longer? That was so funny but burlesque dance sound sexy and fun!!! Wish my gym had that!! Or the class with the ribbons hanging from the ceiling? That looks fun too but I have no upper body strength so I would be horrible at that. No Zumba today. The Thursday teacher is rubbish LOL (borrowed Zumba lingo from Cindy). I am considering going to yoga class? I haven't done that in awhile. Or maybe a nice relaxing evening off.

We just had lunch provided fro us at our last meeting (sandwiches ugh) That will go home with me for the kids. I'm eating my salad I brought from home now. Its always sandwiches or pizza when they provide lunch. For our month end you did good the company rents an ice cream machine or gets a cake? Why cant we have a vat o salad? I remember that being in the break room the one time. I was so excited. They should get that for every lunch for those of us who don't eat pizza and sandwiches and ice cream.

OK no more griping. Back to work time!
Old 03-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #30
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 183/166.8/140
WOE: ADF
Start Date: 11/28/17
I had crazy bad eating days again and then a string of 3 UD which resulted in what I can only imagine was a gall bladder attack. It's Thursday and today was my first "UD" since Sunday. and I only had 1200 calories. just had terrible stomach cramps etc. so today was also first day hungry. did manage to get to new low!LOL was not fun way to do it. Hoping to find something else to eat tonight but I still feel full to my throat. Probably should go to Doctor tomorrow, will see how i feel next few days.
Hope everyone did ok with the crazy east coast weather!! I can't wait to get back to working out. I meant to get some Probiotics today and forgot. It has helped tummy trouble in the past.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote