Old 01-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY'S ROLL CALL, JAN. 12

I'm getting sleepy, hope I'm still feeling like that after getting to bed.

Babette, does John feel a bit of relief tonight? Gout is one thing my dh never have, will it go away fast?

See you all in the morning!

Everyday is a Restart!!

The more I learn, the less I seem to know.......
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 06:26 AM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Add my husband to the gout problem and he also took Allipurinol for years, every day.
Yesterday got ahead of me, spent some of it watching TV.
I did get the car insurance taken care of, called UPS to pick it up and it's on it's way now.
Chorus practice later this morning.
Loretta, that sure worked out with your being there with the friend, hope she gets along well.
Begete, I haven't heard from "scammed" lady since I don't go to hospital anymore, last I heard was he'll be here mid February. Amazing, just amazing!
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
mykneesareback

Glad you got the car insurance thing fixed, Ginny! I also wondered about the lonely widow from the hospital. How are you feeling othwise, at least you can go to choir practice though?

I guess I should get out of bed and onto the bike now, lol, been awake and on the iPad since 6:00.

Good Day, friends!

Everyday is a Restart!!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.

John's foot still red and swollen. I have started calling him "Henry"....remember all those pictures/cartoons of HenryVIII with his gout swollen foot? Usually takes a week or two to subside.

Off this morning for a hair trim and moustache wax. Were you ladies ever warned by the previous generation that as we age, the hair on our legs decreases while the hair on our faces increases? For years, I thought something was wrong with ME....Did not know until recently that this is normal!

Have a good one...
Old 01-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/128.6/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation, LC, Lower wheat, Lower Refined sugars
Start Date: LC 02/2002
Wow! Poor Loretta, you certainly had your hands full yesterday. You were a Godsend to be with your friend at that time. Bravo you acted well under the hectic circumstances. Glad to hear that she is comfortable now.
You will need a slower pace now, for a day or two.

Babette, Watch out that John doesn't throw his chicken bones over his shoulder. Red and Blue would probably enjoy that though. Ha!
I hear you on the waxing. I used to have that too, now I go for threading the same with my eyebrows. Thank goodness its only every couple of months. Ha!

I made it to first ex. class of the season yesterday, today's class is at 1pm and hopefully a Costco run after that...maybe?
Temps have warmed up a tad so it feels like Spring. I'll take it! A chance to chip away at the remnants of ice and get my driveway back to being black again. Ha!

Waving to All our gang and hope to check back later...
Old 01-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
mykneesareback

Lol, Babette, that's funny that you call John "Henry", I do remember all the old movies showing that! Good Luck to him.
I remember back in 6th Grade, when we girls saw the slide show about our "Time of the month", the school nurse informed us of our coming "Cycle of Life", including menopause and what happens to women as they age, facial hair, warts, you name it!! Women's magazines also kept updating us, my mother hated the hair on the face issue, it didn't stop, even after hitting 100 yrs. of age! Just as your ears continue growing, and your nose......

Susan, hope the weather lets you go to Costco, I could use a trip myself.

I had a weird thing happen overnight, one of the table lamps in the living room, this morning the shade was askew, sort of sideways and I can't get the two prongs that attach the shade to fit back, I'll ask my son to check it out. I've noticed other things not right in other rooms now and then, but no doors or windows open, heater not even on to move air around. Odd.

See you all later, picking Silas up later but going to son's and then dil wants to go to Penneys at the mall.

Good day.

Everyday is a Restart!!

Old 01-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #7
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/121/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Doris, do you think that Silas is bothering things? Just curious.

Another busy day. My friend went home this am but Sister and I stopped to see her before we went to the nursing home to visit. She feels ok but is concerned too about her pulse going so low. NO answers right now. She will follow up.

Susan, glad that your temps have warmed up a bit. We are in the 70s today but on the way down tonight.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #8
mykneesareback

It's hitting the low 50's now, cold wind, had to take my flannel jacket. Kids playing outside were bundled up.

Loretta, it can't be Silas, he was not here at all yesterday, and the lamp was ok yesterday because I sat in the chair reading next to it. Funny thing to, the kids had a case of diet Dr. Pepper sitting on a shelf in their garage, early this morning, son hears funny sounds in the garage, hurried out, saw all the cans roll out, one by one. They were from our house, had been my husbands supply, but I told the kids to take them because I don't drink sodas. So my daughter in law tells son, Dad is saying hi to you. I didn't talk to her till this afternoon, she is coming over tonight after shopping.

I'm glad your friend is home, wonder what they will do next to check her? Does she have children? Would she have someone come in once a day? She probably feels nervous now.

Everyday is a Restart!!