Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Old 02-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!
Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: I've been up, I've been down, been all around.
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor

Anne, good plan to get a new unit installed, to see you through the coming years, no repairing and maybe repairing again. Glad Zach is coming to lend a hand.

It was such a dreary and grey day today, depressing, I will be glad when spring finally shows up.

See you tomorrow, get a good nights sleep
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Sunday was the first time we hosted a party like that in a long time. Even tho we had 11 for Thanksgiving, it was all on one floor, plus our son and daughter-in-law were here to help.

The last time we hosted a party on the lower level of our house, it was an outdoor garden party for a political candidate, and we had about 50 people, and I hired two high school girls to run up and down the two flights of steps (our house is built into the side of a hill) to refill dishes, etc. and it was well worth what we paid them. This time it was only 9 people, but running up and down during set up, clean up, and getting coffee nearly killed me - actually both of us. So we finished cleaning up, and we were both half dead. my knees are killing me today!
So we have a few errands, and then need to get started on taxes.
Have a good one.
"In the beginning, the sun, the air, the water were life enhancing and sustaining--and it was good. In many areas of the Earth today, they carry health warnings".
a saying by Maggie MacRaven
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Loretta V
Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Dreary here too Doris. Is the leak fixed yet?

Begete when is the next party?

Not much going on here today.
Goal 120 12/01/01

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
BarbCO 4-15-2007
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: ocali
It is a gorgeous warm day here! About 80 degrees! I'm loving it. The only thing spoiling it is that I got my electric bill for the month of January and it is way, way higher than I've ever had. It's three times higher than my usual. I knew it would be higher than usual because of the very cold weather but never dreamt it would reach this much. Oh well, what's a gal to do?
Went out to pick up a few groceries that DS likes as he'll be here tonight. Probably stay til the weekend.
Babette, I don't know how you and John could be running up and down those stairs so many times. Well, it probably was worth it to have such a nice get together. Stop gloating about the Super Bowl outcome (lol, lol).
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Almost hate to say it but it's in the low 80s today, blue sky, and sunshine. I've had the Cardinals singing their spring song and it sounds so good.

Very little going on. I'm leaving for a bone density test in a little bit, bet the result of that will be scary, especially since I'm still on steroids. Oh well, it is what it is. I will probably stop at Publix afterwards for a few things.

I did pull up a few weeds out in front today and got myself into a fire ant patch.Whoa!! They are awful for those of you that don't have them, they are little ants that bite and sting at the same time..........making one scream and itch, ha

Have a good day all.
Liblady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: I've been up, I've been down, been all around.
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Ginny, I’m jealous of you enjoying Cardinals and other birds. I hope the bone test goes ok, they know you have to take steroids. Enjoy the warmth. Wouldn’t you know you would decide to yank some weeds right where fire ants are! It’s taken me over a year to get rid of some out front, & I think there are two patches out back.

Julie, happy your son is coming and you can fix his favorites again. Yes, that damned electric bill or gas, it all goes to pot these days. I never had such a high bill in my life when we had that extreme cold here, either.

Babette, I remember when you hired those young girls to help with that big fundraiser meet & greet at your place, I can imagine it’s money well spent. Just like paying for yard work, I never dreamed I’d have to do that. Hope you and John can get some rest today.

Loretta, no word on when the Master Plumber will come. There is freezing rain coming this late afternoon, not sure if the guys can work in that stuff and the cold. Putting pipes together when it’s really cold is not a good idea.

Dealing with tax stuff here, confusing things. Need to make phone calls...blah.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good afternoon all

Got stood up by Zach for our lunch out. He won't tell me he forgot but that's what my money is on. He did come by to help with the heavy lifting!

Maggie and I did a couple of errands when I picked her up. I had planned some taco soup for dinner but my belly says it's not in the right frame of mind for all those beans. So I'll bake some fish and have some veggies. Tomorrow is 100% chance of rain so a better day for taco soup if my belly agrees.

Rest up Babette. Julie my gas bill was exorbitant in December which was the impetus for the inspection and ultimate replacement of the system. Hope yours goes down
This month.

have a good evening all

tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote