Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Old 02-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!
Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/196/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Hi Mary. I'm sorry to hear of all you have gone through. I too am 72 and struggle to stay on plan and lose. I have had blocked arteries, the shortness of breath, stents, and also open heart surgery. I have trouble staying asleep more than a couple hours, but when I wake up I try clearing my mind and doing some deep breathing. Sometimes that helps, sometimes not. I don't like to take anything but will occasionally take a Benadryl.

With your limitatations after surgery, you would probably be able to do some seated exercises, just to keep yourself moving, and it might help you get rid of the walker. Just google "seated exercises" and something should come up.

You did what's best coming back to low carb and this forum. Lots of information and support here.

Good luck to you.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member
Gallery: papajack
Stats: 416/210
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 2003
Nice to meet you. A couple of things about your sleeping problem:

1. The WORST thing you can do at night is to lie in bed and play on an electronic device. Put down the pad and pick up a book ( do NOT read a novel on any device!). Please “google” this advice because two separate doctors gave that information to my wife.

2. Talk to your doctor about taking Melatonin. I’ve been a poor sleeper my whole life and my doctor put me on it about 10 years ago.

Good Luck!
papajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #213
BamaGal 71
Senior LCF Member
Gallery: BamaGal 71
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
I have medical problems to with my back and over the years I just have become so immobile and can barely walk. I have gained lots of weight.
I really need to get rid of it because I can hardly roll over in bed anymore with out killing my back. My hips are out of whack and it causes a balance problem for me.
It's been hard on me to be this big but every time I try to diet and watch my eating my husband cooks a lot of the wrong foods or he wants to go out to eat and that's hard on me. I have talked to him but things never change, so I am just watching what I eat on my own without his help. Sometimes I just nibble at my food so I won't eat much. I know nothing else to do.
BamaGal 71 is offline   Reply With Quote