Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2017, 07:39 AM   #481
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I had a huge strip steak yesterday and it was fantastic! It's great that no foods are "off limits" lol.
Corn on the cob, too.
Everyone had cake and pie, but I love watermelon, so that was a real good choice for me

I had DH grill some chicken breasts, too, so I packaged those, kept 2 out for this week and froze the rest.

Berta I think I spend more $$ on produce than anything! I love fresh veggies and fruits.

Since it's hurricane season, I try to use the proteins that are in the freezer, so summer time is usually better on the grocery budget because I don't buy nearly as much meat as I do over the fall and winter.
Hello Dottie
I had a New York strip steak over the week end last week at my daughters. We ate at Texas Roadhouse.It was really good too Meat tends to ahve a lot more points but many times so worth it.

I also bought two watermelons,bananas,oranges & strawberries. SO I have a house full of on plan items. Now if I can just stick with it EVERY day.

I spend way to much money on grocery's but I would rather have to much in the house than run out or not enough

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2017, 07:40 AM   #482
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I had a huge strip steak yesterday and it was fantastic! It's great that no foods are "off limits" lol.
Corn on the cob, too.
Everyone had cake and pie, but I love watermelon, so that was a real good choice for me

I had DH grill some chicken breasts, too, so I packaged those, kept 2 out for this week and froze the rest.

Berta I think I spend more $$ on produce than anything! I love fresh veggies and fruits.

Since it's hurricane season, I try to use the proteins that are in the freezer, so summer time is usually better on the grocery budget because I don't buy nearly as much meat as I do over the fall and winter.
Hello Dottie
I had a New York strip steak over the week end last week at my daughters. We ate at Texas Roadhouse.It was really good too. Meat tends to have a lot more points but many times so worth it.

I also bought two watermelons,bananas,oranges,cherries & strawberries. SO I have a house full of on plan items. Now if I can just stick with it EVERY day.

I spend way to much money on grocery's but I would rather have to much in the house than run out or not enough

Old 07-06-2017, 02:48 AM   #483
Pattibobatti
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattibobatti
Hi all! I'm new to this board but have been doing WW for 14 months. I have lost 32 pounds and even though I'm a turtle will continue on my journey to healthy. Nice to see all of you here.
Pattibobatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #484
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: 280/211/161
WOE: WW Smart Points
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Pattibobatti Glad to have you join us. Congrats on your 32 lb loss. You're doing awesome!

Sue
Old 07-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #485
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

OK everyone, another holiday behind us. We can do this! I am finally back home and slept in my own bed for the first time in over 6 weeks. I got on my scale this am and am back with my daily weighing. I assessed the damage and am moving forward. I have a Pilates workout scheduled this am and have my line dancing class tomoro. And I will get stocked up at the store today with my low point foods.

I have lots of unpacking and laundry to get done today and will settle back in at home. What a summer it has been so far
Old 07-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #486
lbecker28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2017
Question for those that have done low carb previously, and are now doing ww...

Are you having success with weight watchers? If so is it fairly consistent results? I lost on ww for my wedding, then on Atkins after having kids. Now I am finding it really hard to stick to Atkins. Also wondered about the new ww program. I used the 2000 program with older points.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #487
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

lbecker28! Thanks for your question. I've lost 45 lbs on WW's smart points program. I've done low carb a lot over the years. What I like about WW's is there are no restricted foods. Eventually I would end up craving carbs and have a deprivation backlash that caused me to regain weight. I've actually lost better eating fruit regularly. I feel like I'm learning good habits that will carry me into maintaining my weight when I get to my goal.

I will tell you that WW's is not a quick fix. If you are wanting fast weight loss, low carb/kerogenic diets are quicker ways to lose. I'm going for the long game this time around and have been very happy with the smart point system. I belonged to WWs in the past a couple of times. This time I've been with the program since 3/20/16.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #488
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
I still stay pretty low-carb(ish) on WW. Less than 100g a day, and I do count the "free" foods like fruit when I watch carbs.
I haven't weighed, but I can see that I'm slimming down by the way my clothes fit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #489
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattibobatti View Post
Hi all! I'm new to this board but have been doing WW for 14 months. I have lost 32 pounds and even though I'm a turtle will continue on my journey to healthy. Nice to see all of you here.
Pattibobattie
I've been doing WW for nearly 1 years. I have been going in the wrong directions the whole month of June. But I am back on track now and trying pretty hard to stick with it. Sometime I care, sometimes I don't . But I can't quit or I'd right back to 275.8 and more.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #490
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattibobatti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
OK everyone, another holiday behind us. We can do this! I am finally back home and slept in my own bed for the first time in over 6 weeks. I got on my scale this am and am back with my daily weighing. I assessed the damage and am moving forward. I have a Pilates workout scheduled this am and have my line dancing class tomoro. And I will get stocked up at the store today with my low point foods.

I have lots of unpacking and laundry to get done today and will settle back in at home. What a summer it has been so far
Hi Sue
Well I now have 6 blue dots days. So so far this month of July I've been right on. I'm really trying to get what I gained in June off before vacation.

I probably will do good as my surgery is the 17th and they said food would taste metallic to me .SO I will be eating FF broth and SF jello a lot!

It is good to be in your home and in control of the food you eat isn't it?

Well I've had a really busy day and I'm tired so take care and I will let you know on Tuesday how I've done. I hope you have a good weigh in.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:31 AM   #491
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta. You're doing so well! I'm proud of you I probably will weigh in on Wed, my regular day usually when I'm home so I can get back on schedule. My home scale is showing that my weight is dropping a little each day so I am happy to see that again.

Here's to great July results for all of us here
Old 07-11-2017, 08:41 PM   #492
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hi Berta. You're doing so well! I'm proud of you I probably will weigh in on Wed, my regular day usually when I'm home so I can get back on schedule. My home scale is showing that my weight is dropping a little each day so I am happy to see that again.

Here's to great July results for all of us here
Hello Sue
Well I had 7 days of blue dots. And I was down 4 lbs. But that is for 2 weeks. So I still am not to where I was before going off plan so terribly. But I thinks it's out of my system till next time. And I am sure before it's all over there will be a next time

I did not go to my meeting tonight,and don't plan on going again until I can hear once again. But I weighed here at home and I am usually 1 lbs less here than at WW. So that is the weight I put down.

My surgery is coming up fast. Monday morning! It's 3 hours surgery 3 hrs recovery. Then I can come home. But can't do hardly anything for 4- 6 weeks.

Then today Dr tells me I have a heart murmur So tomorrow I have to have a Echo gram done. When it rains it pours

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-11-2017 at 08:46 PM..
Old 07-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #493
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta! Congrats on a wonderful loss I have my weigh in tomorrow. I have 14 weeklies left and I've earned 17 fitpoints so hopefully I will have good news. I have 5 blue dots so you've got me beat there.

Less than a week until your surgery. That's exciting. I think heart murmurs are fairly common. Hope it turns out to not be much of anything to worry about.

Well, my eyes are getting heavy. Tty tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:09 AM   #494
Dottie
Administrator

Berta wishing you well on your surgery and a speedy recovery

I got talked into trying the "cotton candy grapes" again and I was still unimpressed lol. I prefer black table grapes or green grapes.

Need to contact LCF?

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #495
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta wishing you well on your surgery and a speedy recovery

I got talked into trying the "cotton candy grapes" again and I was still unimpressed lol. I prefer black table grapes or green grapes.
Thank you Dottie
I'm sure nervous about it.Not everyday a person gets a hole drilled into their skull And they have warned me that I would have one whale of a headache afterwards.NOT looking forward to that Also that my food would probably taste metallic.So that may be a good thing

It will take my brain awhile to figure out what I am hearing. I am to read out loud and few other things like walk. So there are some things involved. I can't drive or lift even a milk carton 4-6 weeks or wash my hair for 2 weeks Then when I'm recovered and all I will be able to hear words to music and on TV and in a crowd and in a conversation and over the phone
so in the end, it will be worth it all

I don't think I would like the grapes and sure not frozen. I'm with you on that one

I made a blueberry crepes for my breakfast yesterday and two were only 4 SP.
The crepes I buy here at HyVee and they are 2 SP each. the blueberries 0 SP and FF Cool Whip 6 TBS were 2 SP. Cottage Cheese !% 1 cup 3 SP

I made a blueberry sauce from water, Granulated Splenda & blueberries.Used Thick-it-Up from Netriton.(1 tsp thickens one cup liquid) to thicken it
(0 SP). Put 1% cottage cheese inside 1/2 cup into each crepe,rolled them up poured the blueberry sauce over that.SO good.

I'm trying stir fry today with water and soy sauce maybe a bit of Terriaky sauce and some John Soules grilled chicken

I would not have thought of using water, but a Mongolian restaurant here uses water and the food is so good.

Hope you are having a great WW Day. I am back on track so far

Last edited by Berta48; 07-12-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #496
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Well, believe it or not I was down 4.4 today woot woot That puts pressure on me for this week to follow up with another loss on the heels of that much this week. Actually it was 9 days since I weighed in San Jose before getting back to my regular meeting today. So had a couple extra days in my 'week'.

Berta, your blueberry crepe sounds sooo good. Now I'm hungry for one I like that it has cottage cheese for protein. Your teriyaki stir fry sounds good too. I know people on Connect who use John Soules grilled chicken often.

Your surgery is quite major it sounds like. Hope you get some strong pain meds for the headache afterwards. I will be keeping U in my prayers

Dottie, I tried those cotton candy grapes last year because everyone was raving about them but they were sort of meh I thought. The red seedless organic grapes are my go-to. This year I've had some great organic cherries-so good. Better than candy bc 0 points

Well ladies enjoy your summer evening.

Sue
Old 07-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #497
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Well, believe it or not I was down 4.4 today woot woot That puts pressure on me for this week to follow up with another loss on the heels of that much this week. Actually it was 9 days since I weighed in San Jose before getting back to my regular meeting today. So had a couple extra days in my 'week'.

Berta, your blueberry crepe sounds sooo good. Now I'm hungry for one I like that it has cottage cheese for protein. Your teriyaki stir fry sounds good too. I know people on Connect who use John Soules grilled chicken often.

Your surgery is quite major it sounds like. Hope you get some strong pain meds for the headache afterwards. I will be keeping U in my prayers

Dottie, I tried those cotton candy grapes last year because everyone was raving about them but they were sort of meh I thought. The red seedless organic grapes are my go-to. This year I've had some great organic cherries-so good. Better than candy bc 0 points

Well ladies enjoy your summer evening.

Sue
SUE
CONGRATULATIONS.
We both are on a rollNow if we just keep it up

Our summer evening here is pouring down rain.But we needed it .
Thanks for the prayers it always helps.

Will find out about my Echo Gram tomorrow. Dr says I have a heart mumur now. I told her it was just Jesus snoring cause he lives in my heart I didn't really but wish I had.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:09 AM   #498
Dottie
Administrator

Berta it sounds like the results of the procedure will be amazing for you

And a little laugh: when I was reading your description, I thought about the old saying "I need that like I need another hole in my head"!

Need to contact LCF?

Old 07-13-2017, 04:09 AM   #499
Dottie
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
SUE
:I told her it was just Jesus snoring cause he lives in my heart I didn't really but wish I had.
that's cute!

Need to contact LCF?

Old 07-13-2017, 08:11 AM   #500
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
that's cute!
Hello Dottie

I actually did once tell a person "that is because Jesus lives in my heart." It was when I had xrays because of pnuemonia. They said I had an enlarged heart.

But found out later they were wrong, it wasn't enlarged. So now it's a murmur Whatever.... Jesus has my back, and has a plan for me. So it is, what it is.My life is in His hands.

Doing good on plan so far.How are things going for you? It sure is a hard thing to do, especially after so many years of eating whatever and not so healthy items on top of that.

I am finding some very, very tasty recipes that I enjoy. Have you looked at the ones on the WW recipe thread? I have put a lot there. Will probably be adding more after surgery when I have more free time, since I won't be babysitting for awhile.

Take care and the hole in the head comment was cute. But I do need this one

Old 07-17-2017, 07:50 AM   #501
Dottie
Administrator

Hope you all are well!
I had a week of "don't care" lol. Not food related, I stayed on track pretty well, just in general.
I guess they used to call it "malaise" way back when.
Better now, it passed

Berta how did the echo go?

Need to contact LCF?

Old 07-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #502
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hope you all are well!
I had a week of "don't care" lol. Not food related, I stayed on track pretty well, just in general.
I guess they used to call it "malaise" way back when.
Better now, it passed

Berta how did the echo go?
Echo was good.
My surgery yesterday was good too. But man oh man do I hurt today . My neck is stiff,my headaches like awful and throat is sore. I sleep a LOT and have been vomiting . I have meds but on an empty tummy they don't set well

But it will be worth it in the end. about 6-8 weeks.
I probably won't be here much til then but take care and hang in there. I will have weight to loose when I get well, but I am trying to eat light. Mainly cause I'm on a soft diet for a time. Jello, pudding, cottage cheese, v8 juice, white rice etc. mainly because of nauseousness.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-18-2017 at 09:36 AM..
Old 07-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #503
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, been thinking about u Glad to hear the surgery went well. That nausea is the worst. I had that too from anesthesia and from pain meds too I guess. I lived off ginger tea and nibbling on toast and crackers and things like that helped. I sucked on ginger lozenges that help nausea also. Check in when u can. Just take good care of yourself as u heal.

Dottie, I think it says a lot that you can stay on track even when having one of those weeks. Good habits must be well ingrained. Yay!

I'm having a good week. Especially ate light the last couple days while fighting off a summer cold, which will help with a good weigh-in in the morning. I had a good hour long workout today and have one scheduled for tomoro b4 my meeting also. Been eating lots of summer fruits and our tomato plants are finally producing, so adding sliced tomatoes to every meal
Old 07-20-2017, 03:32 AM   #504
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

My Wed am weigh-in was down .8, so moving along as planned

Bit by bit I will eventually get to where I'm headed