Old 09-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, SEPT. 15

Middle of the month already, I feel like I didn't experience much of it yet, it flitted by.

Babette, hope you got home alright!

Feel badly for those in Florida and lower Texas, miserable heat wave makes it worse.

Susan, seems you are overly warm, too. How is Desi doing?

I'm in my nest, plan to get to sleep earlier tonight.

Peaceful night to everyone!

Just biding my time..............
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
We are on our way. Intended to leave at 7:30 am, but for the first time since we left, the cats slept in. So we did not leave the RV park til 8:30!

The rush is due to the ferry lines to our Island especially on Friday afternoons and evenings.

We want to stop in Eastern Washington at a farm stand for the last of the summer peaches and first apples! Long drive ahead. have a good one.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Apples and peaches sound good. . Good luck with that Ferry traffic, since some fall colors might be changing and leaf peepers could be out, too.

My friends in Melbourne Florida just got power. They are ecstatic!

Later!

Just biding my time..............
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Yes, Doris, I guess power is slowly being restored to people. I had 3 MOW people who still didn't have power this morning.
I finally found my ice cream at good old Publix. However they didn't have milk and bread was pretty limited. I don't know if Walmart had deliveries overnight or not. I think we are ok for gas here.

Babette, I'm with Doris, apples and peaches sound so good. I'm still dreaming about your tomatoes.

I took my last steroid pill this morning so I should know by Sun/Mon if we're out of the woods, certainly hope so! I feel like I'm starved most of the time because of those darn things. I ate the whole pint of ice cream for lunch!

Not much planned for today. I bought a sweet potato and beets today for dinner with Red Snapper.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Ginny did you find your HALO? Just wondering if you could get your fix. I have not looked for it around these parts. Maybe I will check when I remember. Hope you will be done with the hives Ginny. Dinner sounds good.

Safe travels Begete. Hope you make the ferry ride. I know Blue and Red will be happy to be back home.

Took more mail that is not mine back to the post office today. I tried putting a note on the mail that is not mine but it was still there today. I know she was in the box because she left a letter for me. I wanted to make sure I am doing the right thing here. I know someone is waiting for their mail by the looks of some of it. Post office knows that I have already registered one complaint. They told me to bring the mail to them. Getting frustrated here.

I stopped by my local son's place to see if he had his Halloween pumpkin out, a big lighted fellow. He was busy putting our his Christmas decorations for a dry run. That boy is BIG on Christmas decorating with lights, music moving figures. He is in his glory.
He just "happened" to be home today. I was near by so I just was going to drive by.

Back to summer here also. high 80s for the next few days.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
It is now 95 degrees on my carport!
Ginny, how nice that your ex thought to get in touch with you. He sounds really nice. I often think how I would like to have a nice male here to talk with. When I visit with my men friends here I talk their ears off! Lol. It would also be nice to have a man to do the stuff that only men seem capable of! (Such as resetting my sprinkler control panel). I guess the power going on and off messed up the whole thing.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Yes, it's same temp here, very hot.

Haven't heard a word from ex and like I said a day or two ago........balls in his court. ha
It was nice he kept up with me thru the hurricane.

Doris, YES, I found my ice cream. 1 pint gone! Bought 3. Ha
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Susan, have you heard from your son today? I sure hope they get their power on shortly! I bet he misses Canada right now!
Old 09-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #9
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Julie, still no power down there in South Florida. Wow! That sure is hot in your car port. Yikes! You could fry an egg in there.
Yes, you hit the nail on the head, we do need some men to do those things that only they seem to be able to grasp and do.

Ginny, Yikes on a pint of ice cream for lunch. Glad you got something into you. Too bad about the side effects of those steroids. Enjoy your snapper dinner and sides. Yum!

Loretta, Yes that must be so frustrating with your mail and the person that must be waiting for it too.

Babette, Fingers crossed that you make the ferry on time and that your boys are behaving. Will you make pies/cobblers with those peaches and apples? Yummy!

Doris, That is great news for your friends in Melbourne. They are about an hour East of Orlando I think below Cocoa beach.

Up here 76F right now and I do have the air on. It was 82F earlier this aft and sunny. I went out for the day with a GF.
Its about an hour and half drive from here on a beautiful big lake from the Rideau River. Lots of interesting little shops. We had lunch there and an afternoon snack before our drive home...not low carb...Ha!

Thank you for asking Desi is his usual, quiet self. He was as good as gold, the good little boy that he is. Always quiet and a very clean boy for a dachshund. He likes it quiet and peaceful, he loves his food and cuddles with me. Ha! So I think he is enjoying his little life.

Michele, I bet you are glad it is TGIF!

Last edited by SuSUN; 09-15-2017 at 04:42 PM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
modon69478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/136.6/116
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Yes, sure am happy to see the week end!

Waving to all,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote