Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
my low carb muffin source is no more.

would someone PLEASE post the 1 minute muffin recipe, and tell me the carb count for it. I would be eternally, and internally grateful. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
rharmelink
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rharmelink
Most Muffin-in-a minute recipes can be condensed down to this generic recipe:
  • 4 tablespoons "dry" ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons "wet" Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon spices/extracts
Dry ingredients could be all or a mix of almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour (but cut dry measurement in half), protein powder, oat fiber, etc.

Wet ingredients could be butter, oil, cream, water, almond milk, etc. More wet might be needed with coconut flour, since it absorbs so much.

Savory spices/extracts could be garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, salt, pepper, cocoa powder, etc.

Sweet spices/extracts could be sweeteners, SF syrups, cinnamon, almond extract, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, ginger, etc.

You can also make up a big batch of the "dry" ingredients/spices/extracts plus the baking powder. Then just take a 1/4 cup scoop of it and add the egg and "wet" ingredients/spices/extracts. Makes it quicker to make each time.

For example, I like to throw 3 tablespoons of butter in my mug, melt it in the microwave and swirl the melted butter around the sides of the mug, then throw in the 1/4 cup dry ingredient mix with an egg and the wet spices/extracts (if any), and stir. Then in the microwave for a minute or so. Very quick.

A potential frosting:
  • 1 ounce cream cheese
  • 1 teaspoon almond milk (or cream)
  • 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or more or less, depends on your taste)
rharmelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

thanks so much for the data.

how many grams of carbs would you attribute to 1 muffin? so itching to try it this week. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 03-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
flat--I would measure all your ingredients and then figure out the net carbs. For example, I often make a muffin in a mug with one egg, 2 Tbs SF davinci's, 2 Tbs flaxmeal, 1 Tbs almond flour, cinnamon, and 2-3 Tbs heavy cream. beat egg, syrup and cream, then add the two flours, stir and nuke for a minute or two. If you count net carbs, this would be about 3 net carbs and very filling. You have to measure and then experiment to see what is your favorite combination.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
nikkic
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikkic
Stats: 289/251/170
WOE: lc/mod carb
Start Date: restarted Jan. 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharmelink View Post
Most Muffin-in-a minute recipes can be condensed down to this generic recipe:
  • 4 tablespoons "dry" ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons "wet" Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon spices/extracts
Dry ingredients could be all or a mix of almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour (but cut dry measurement in half), protein powder, oat fiber, etc.

Wet ingredients could be butter, oil, cream, water, almond milk, etc. More wet might be needed with coconut flour, since it absorbs so much.

Savory spices/extracts could be garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, salt, pepper, cocoa powder, etc.

Sweet spices/extracts could be sweeteners, SF syrups, cinnamon, almond extract, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, ginger, etc.

You can also make up a big batch of the "dry" ingredients/spices/extracts plus the baking powder. Then just take a 1/4 cup scoop of it and add the egg and "wet" ingredients/spices/extracts. Makes it quicker to make each time.

For example, I like to throw 3 tablespoons of butter in my mug, melt it in the microwave and swirl the melted butter around the sides of the mug, then throw in the 1/4 cup dry ingredient mix with an egg and the wet spices/extracts (if any), and stir. Then in the microwave for a minute or so. Very quick.

A potential frosting:
  • 1 ounce cream cheese
  • 1 teaspoon almond milk (or cream)
  • 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (or more or less, depends on your taste)
Thank you so much for this explanation!
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #6
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

gonna do the basic.

I will use 1 egg, butter, almond flour, a pinch of pumpkin spice and cinnamon. I need to buy eggs. so looking fwd to trying this. I just need to check the count for almond flour. how much almond flour is needed for 1 muffin? Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 03-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

SORRY, i just re-read the recipe.

it says 4 T dry ingredients. I will top it with a shpritz of Land O' Lakes sugar free whipped cream and a light drizzle of Walden Farms chocolate sauce. it doesn't get better than that! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI