Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: I've been up, I've been down, been all around.
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY’S ROLL CALL, DEC. 14

Have a good night, friends.

Don’t just do something, stand there!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning everyone,

Ginny, so sorry your hives have returned. I am wondering about something. There is a drug I use to treat my mast cell disorder. If you mix it with some OTC cream, etc., and apply it to your skin, it does help control hives and things that come with my condition. A fellow patient invented it years ago. If I can find the recipe and you give me your address, I could mail you some.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Ginny, sorry to hear about that hive. Just one so maybe the control is much better.
Glad you enjoyed your outing. I'll take the cold wind over some other things, ie., wild fires and hurricanes. I should not complain.

Hope you are rested up today Doris. Maybe you can get your pre Christmas chores taken care of.

Worried today about my friend Sister, she seemed to be unsteady on her feet and could hardly get out of the car. She said that her shoes were too loose. (?) She does have a memory problem also. She does not admit to any problems. I had to take her arm several times and guide her at the nursing home. She was listing to the right.

HI to all that follow today. Stay warm.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: I've been up, I've been down, been all around.
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Oh gee, Loretta, does not sound good, does Sister live all alone or with others who can keep an eye on her? Can you phone her now and then to see how she is? I would be worried, also.

I'm still busy clearing stuff and moving stuff into boxes and into the tv room. Emptied the coffee table, that hasn't been empty since Silas was starting to stay over here, quite frankly, it's just the perfect height for a kids to do stuff on. But I need it now, lol.

Ginny, as some of those folks on that online place mentioned, these hives seem to take their own sweet time to finally go away and for good. Take heart, and just keep a good watch, do you write down on the calendar when you get them and when you don't, to see if there is a pattern after the shots are given I mean? I know it's a bummer to write stuff down every day, though. Hope you are all clear tomorrow.

Babette, is you air still bad to breathe, or has the wind gotten rid of the pollution? Just wondering.

Later, back to the living room.

Don’t just do something, stand there!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
tatehouse
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Hey y’all

The mammogram went well yesterday. In and out in about 10 minutes. The most time consuming was taking off my top and putting it back on. I’m so impressed with the medical in this new hometown. They got it going on!

Sorry Ginny you are hived again!

Did some book work this morning and mailed a few Christmas cards out. Then “stopped by”. The grocery store. I put that in quotes because it is not as well run as the medical facilities. It takes forever.

My DGD went with her class to Atlanta to see the Nutcracker. About an hour away on charter buses. I was a wreck by the time they got home! And today was DGS last day of college classes. Life moves fast.

Have a great evening.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
I stayed home in the warmth of home today. We have been in the deep freeze the last couple of days. It was minus -24F today with our windchill. I don't know how the critters survive in this.

Oh another hive Ginny. Hopefully it is the last hurrah!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the concert and velvet voices.

Anne, Happy to hear that your mammo went smoothly. Well worth getting screened.
I hear ya on the rush of life. You are so lucky your Grands live so close.
Good Luck to your DGS with his studies. Did your little girl enjoy the Nutcracker?

Babette, Great idea for Ginny's hives! Are you enjoying to be back at the gym and moving your body. Are your lungs co operating?

Oh Loretta, I too would be concerned about Sister from your description of her symptoms. Is there someone you could share with at the Hospice or Church to get her some medical help?

Julie, Another light tonight? Enjoy!

Waving to Michele, Gladys and All friends.

Doris, I sure hope that you get your coffee table back in time. Hah! The little munchkin has stolen it from you huh?

Last edited by SuSUN; 12-14-2017 at 02:45 PM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote