WOE: low carb, low calorie, low fat, HCG
Start Date: 12-29-2000, restart 10/11/17
Coconut Cream Pie

Crust
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c. splenda
1 c coconut flour
1/2 c almond flour
melted coconut oil, mix dry ingredients together, mix with oil and mash with a fork to get it all mixed. press into 9" pie pan and bake at 325 for 10-15 minutes, watch closely

for the filling i doubled this recipe from this website, doubled it:
Low Carb Luxury: Recipe - Coconut Cream Pudding

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cup Splenda
8 oz. cream cheese
2 egg, beaten
2 cup heavy cream, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 tsp. coconut extract

In medium microwave safe bowl, mix 1/2 cup of cream with sweetener, extracts and coconut. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Let stand for 15 minutes.

In separate small bowl, beat egg with 1/2 cup of cream; set aside. Pour remainder of cream in sauce pan. Add cream cheese and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts. Add coconut mixture and heat through. Add beaten egg mixture and stir constantly until thickened.
pour into pie crust ( there was about 1/2 cup filling I could not fit and I put it in a bowl and ate it a few hours later with whipped cream. It was too sweet, but in the pie it was delish)

let cool several hours to overnight.

topping
whip some cream (i used a cup but used some for topping for another dessert, so I am not sure how much was left) with a little splenda (2 tbsp?) and cream of tartar (1 tsp?) Beat until thick. Spread over pie. top with toasted coconut shavings, recipe from here
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
but I used coconut shavings, and I used coconut oil on the baking sheet because it started to stick)

ANGEL COCONUT
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, about 1 1/4 ounces
1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
Place the coconut in a small bowl. Mix the sweetener with the boiling water then pour over the coconut and mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes. This will turn dry, unsweetened coconut into the soft, sweet kind you buy in the grocery store. It can be toasted by spreading on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for a few minutes, stirring occasionally and watching very closely.
Makes 1/2 cup
Can be frozen

I did not use all the toasted coconut, but I am sure I will find use for them. This is by far in the top 5 recipes I ever made
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pie.jpg (25.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by roro; 01-31-2011 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: add pic
roro is offline   Reply With Quote