View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #440
ScrapDragon
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ScrapDragon
Stats: 184/174/135
WOE: Atkins Low Carb
Wanted to Share a Few!

I hope I'm not posting duplicates - just a few that I enjoy.

Buffalo Strips

1 bag frozen Boneless/Skinless Chicken Strips (Sam's Club)
Texas Pete Hot Sauce
Melted Butter

Bake chicken strips until cooked through.

Put chicken, hot sauce & melted butter into a bowl with a lid that seals and shake, shake, shake! Then if you want you can grill them to make them a bit crispy - I skip this step in the winter.

Serve with bleu cheese dipping sauce & a green veggie.

--------

Easiest Egg Salad

12 Eggs - Boiled & Diced
Heavy Mayo
Pepper

Mix & serve. I eat it right from the bowl, others may want to add it to lettuce or LC bread.

--------

Easiest Deviled Eggs

12 Eggs - Boiled & Sliced in Half
Heavy Mayo
Pepper

Mix egg yolks, mayo & pepper. Pipe into egg white halves. Top with paprika & baby shrimps.

---------

Quiche

4 eggs
1-1/2 C heavy cream
2 C shredded cheese

Grease the bottom of baking dish with butter. Sprinkle cheese on bottom of pan (I don't think I did this and it was still great.) Mix together eggs and cream and whatever else you want to dump in. Pour over cheese.

Bake uncovered at 400 for 15 minutes. Lower temp to 350 and bake another 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.

Technically this has more than 3 ingredients - but I generally add frozen chopped broccoli or a can of mushrooms.

----------

Double-Decker Knox Blox

OK, ok - this recipe has 4 ingredients if you count the water, but well worth it!

3 envelopes Knox geletin
3 pkg Sugar Free Jello
2-1/2 c. boiling water
1 C heavy cream

In large bowl, combine Knox with flavored gelatin. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin in completely dissolved. Stir in cream.

Pour into shallow baking pan, chill until firm. To serve cut into one inch squares. Recommended pan size, 9 x 13 inch.

---------

Dilly Pork Chops

pork chops - thickness to your liking
Dill weed
lemon juice
butter

Melt butter in a frying pan add lemon juice & pork chops. Sprinkle dill weed on chops and simmer covered until juicy.

--------

Quesadillas

LC tortillas
shredded cheese

Heat frying pan on medium & coat with oil or spray. Lay 1 tortilla and "handful" of shredded cheese on half. Fold tortilla in half and heat until both sides are turning brown and cheese is melted. Cut into triangles.

Quesadilla Dipping Sauce

Sour cream
hot salsa
diced black olives

Mix to taste - some like a lot of sour cream and some like just a little. Use this to dip quesadilla triangles into.

----------

BLT Salad

Bacon - fried and diced
Tomato - diced
Mayo - to taste

Mix bacon, tomato & mayo together and pour over shredded lettuce.

----------

Special Chicken

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts or strips
bacon
dried beef - sliced

Wrap each breast with dried beef slice or 2 and then wrap with bacon. Bake in 400 degree oven until cooked through & juice runs clear.

Do NOT pour off grease. Pull chicken out of the over & pour sauce over sizzling chicken. Mix slightly with grease. If you pour off the grease, your chicken & sauce will end up dry. Put back in oven and cook for additional 15 minutes.

Special Chicken Sauce

1 small container sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
fresh mushrooms

Mix sour cream, mushrooms & soup together. Pour over chicken as above.

----------

Instant Cheesecake

1 oz. Packet of philly cream cheese
1/2 packet of Splenda

Mix & eat. Cuts a sweets craving when you are on the go and away from home.

-------

I'm sure I have others - I am a plain cook, so most of my recipes have 5 or less ingredients.

People may forget what you did for them,
but they'll NEVER forget how you made them feel!

Visit My Low Carb Blog Today

Follow Me on Twitter
My Facebook Page

Last edited by ScrapDragon; 01-01-2009 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Thought of another recipe!
ScrapDragon is offline   Reply With Quote