View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
gotsomeold
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hello Jennifer!

Bless you and thank you for sharing the changes in your inflammation markers! Finally seeing health improvements after maintaining your most impressive weight loss for so long is such positive news! I am so happy for you!

I am sure, over time, you are correct in hoping - even expecting - to feel the improvements alternate day calorie restriction is making in your body.

It is not surprising that you dropped some weight when you began JUDDDing. Those sirtuin enzymes are powerful stuff. I think Sophie gave you excellent advice - start by tuning UDs, then convert you MD to an UD if needed.

If you do find you need to tweak your DD calories (and once you get into working with UD/MD calories, I really don't think you will need to do this), the reading I have done implies most people can keep the stress response going by keeping caloric intake under 1/2 of BMR. Which means, if you do find you need to modify DD calories, you can probably fiddle with them in very, very small increments.

It is possible to stall (or even reverse) weight loss while still getting the health benefits. You are going to be living proof!

Oh, and I am startled. I didn't think there was such a thing as a 'ridiculous amount of cheese'
Changed to LCHF after becoming diabetic in 9/13 (Lost 15 more pounds).
STILL below goal 11/21/15

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-01-2012 at 03:02 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote