View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Always on, slightly off
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 55 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
Hummm.... Swiss steak. I do it 2 ways and one can be LC. You could dip it in egg, roll it in plain, crushed pork rinds, season with seasoning salt and pepper and fry over med/low heat. Then make a LC gravy.....let me think as I don't really do LC. Almond Breeze won't work.....probably need something like Hood LC milk or thinned out HWC. Maybe take the grease you fried your steaks in and wisk in a bit of glucomannan, seasoning salt/pepper and HWC/water or a low carb milk and bring to a simmer until thick to make something like country fried steak. When I make swiss steak, I do the above but also saute onion and bell pepper, put it on top the browned steak and top with pureed stewed tomatoes but you could used crushed canned if you can take the carbs. Cover with a lid and simmer an hour. If you can take some carbs, thicken your gravy with flour and use thinned HWC for the country fried steak and simmer in crushed tomatoes for the swiss steak. I'm sure better LC cooks will chime in here. Even not being LC, I do like the crispness of pork rind coating.
July Start: 125 pounds

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote