View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
Yennie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I would like to thank you all again for the help. I must have been close because today the stick turned purple! And a bright, strong purple at that. No "trace ketones" for this lady.
The changes I made, based on all your suggestions, that put me over the edge were:
Cutting out all pre-packaged foods & shakes, even branded ones saying they were ok for "Phase 1", regardless of whether the label said they should work
Cut back on all veggies and was more selective about the ones I did eat
Made some fat bombs with existing ingredients (I was too anxious to wait until I had time to buy CO - which I now have). Although they're still tough to eat plain, blended into my morning coffee they're fantastic.
Added more mayo to my tuna

I so appreciate everyone's input. As stated above, I really was struggling with adding fat without carbs, and with an eye towards limiting dairy.

As I'm writing this, I've got that vague "blah" feeling Ive had before my first few days in ketosis. Either that, or my lack of sleep & 60 hour work week finally caught up with me I'm betting its the ketones and I've never been happier to feel blah.

Much love to you all.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote