WOE: Carb Cycling and Exercise including weight lifting
Start Date: Feb 2003
Blackberry Cobbler (PaminKY)

I used the Cut Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe on the side on the Carbquik Box:

2 cups Carbquik
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup water (2 tbs)

I added some liquid splenda to taste.

Place dry mix in bowl. On low speed, slowly add liquid until dough forms. Do not overwork dough. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness kind of in the shape of your pan but longer on the sides. I used and 8x8 glass pan. Melt some butter in your pan
and then place dough in pan with the the sides draping over the edge.

Filling:

3-4 cups berries (I used frozen blackberries)
Splenda to taste
Diabetisweet to taste
Xanthan gum
Lorann blackberry flavoring

I put the blackberries with all the juice in a saucepan on med heat. Added liquid splenda and a some Diabetisweet ( if you don't use much it doesn't cause tummy problems but the mixture of sweeteners does help). I added a bit of Lorann blackberry flavoring just to enhance the flavor but it is not necessary. The blackberries I used grow wild in the back of our property and sometimes the wild blackberries don't have as much flavor as the ones you buy in the grocery. I put the xanthum gum in a salt shaker and then just sprinkled on the mixture and let cook just a bit until it gets thicker but not too thick. I didn't measure the xanthum gum but just added a bit at a time until the right consistency. You just want to get rid of some of the wateriness but you want don't want to drain off the juice from the fruit, too much flavor in that.

I then poured the blackberry mixture into the glass pan on top of the biscuit dough. I then folded the draped sides over on top of the filling, put a few thin cut pieces of butter across the top, sprinkled a bit of granular splenda on top and then baked at 350 until browned.

Sorry to be so vague. I plan on trying a rhubarb cobbler as soon as I find out it rhubarb is legal or not.
[color=darkorange]1673 [/color][color=black] October; [/color][color=gold]1251 [/color][color=brown] November; [/color][color=red]1390 [/color][color=green] December; [/color][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]1298 [/color][color=blue]January; [/color][color=red]530 [/color][color=silver]February {back injury}; [/color][color=seagreen]1045 [/color][color=yellowgreen]March {recovering back injury}; [/color][color=plum]1410[/color][color=darkorchid] April; [/color][color=mediumturquoise]1220[/color][color=teal] May [/color]

Get Real and Exercise Challenge Member
Goal: Increase maintenance calories, Decrease fat
- WOE: Carb Cycling/BFFM
- Exercise: 6 days/wk; including Weights 1-2 x/wk, abs 3x/wk, cardio 5+/wk