View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
TaDa!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
I think it sounds like a possible fit for you! I think the best plan is the one a person can stick to longterm .. and it sounds like CAD might help that. Being grumpy on Atkins is not going to keep you going .. I have been doing this since 2003 and there is no way in hell I'd have been able to take it off and keep it off if i was not relatively happy with the weightloss portion of that food plan ..

Honestly, when you go to maintenance and try to keep that weightloss, you do not eat all that differently from the weightloss portion .. that is something that is hard to see when a person is trying to just shed the pounds. I think you are being very very wise looking for something that is manageable for yourself!

Personal Opinion: I'd just try to stick very rigorously to the rules of the plan, time-wise, etc, do the zero carb thing suring the day but do not make it prison fare or you'll overdo it at your 1-hour meal.

Let us know how you do if you do decide to go that route! I have always thought it sounded like a really really good plan.

Pauline

Stats: 47 Years Old & 5'3" tall
Weight: 236.5 (43 bmi) / 132.5 / 128-133 (size 4/6 .. 23 bmi)

*Weekly Weigh-In 7/10/12

My Journal
Year One Weightloss and Chart
My Weightloss Story
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote