Beezer Louisiana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beezer Louisiana
Stats: 192.2/160/160 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb, no frankenfoods. NK
Start Date: June 21, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman View Post
I've been there and done all the stuff you're doing. It didn't do a darn thing for me...
The only thing that worked is carb restriction, period.
After taking niacin i.e. Niaspan for several months and eating a "healthy " carb diet I happen to get something called thrombocytopenia , that's the short name for low blood platelets. Now, after going LC since April everything's falling into place in the right direction.When I checked into the relationship it appears niacin might be implicated.

Reports I've reading say that vitamins are essentially unregulated and some are made in sleazy China.
A word to the wise...eat foods with the nutrients you need and ditch the vitamins.
I'm eating clean (no processed foods and no 'convenience' low carb treats.) I'm at about 30 grams of carbs a day from dairy/vegetables. I think my thyroid has played a role also, as it has JUST gotten under control after three years of feeling bad. I've just started losing weight on LC. I lost 8 lbs on the first week of induction and then NOTHING since June. I recently had my thyroid medication adjusted and in the last three weeks I've lost 5 lbs.

So I'm just going to keep on keeping on and see what happens. (But I do feel the need to try the niacin, garlic, fish oil and fiber. I gotta' give it all I've got.)

Thanks!

"The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending that I'm not excited."

Last edited by Beezer Louisiana; 10-21-2010 at 08:08 AM..
Beezer Louisiana is offline   Reply With Quote