View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #447
yummmo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yummmo
New secret ingredient for yummy tender noodles.

I just finished a trial run on my 8th Norpro batch following the original recipe with tweaks. I always liked it, but I thought it needed that something extra. Well, in my HC bread baking days, I remember the most tender loaves of bread had some kind of milk in them.

Yes!! I did 2 small batch experiments using heavy cream. The result is just wonderful----no slime, tender, tasty, pliable, no sticking, almost like egg noodles, able to hold a 3 1/2 minute boil, and ready to eat RIGHT out of the machine without my normal 1-2 fridge day wait. The dough came out soft, not rubbery and hard like the play doh ball of the original. (Thanks for that recipe by the way). This reminded me of-----mashed potato dough. What my mom used for her pierogies. Tweak #1 had 1/4 cup cream and Tweak #2 had only 1/8 cup.

Here's a 1/2 recipe of #1 Tweak:

WET
1 regular egg
1/2 T oil
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
Mix all the above together with a whisk.

DRY
2 teaspoons coconut flour
3 Tablespoons gluc
3 Tablespoons oat fiber
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Whisk dry into the wet. The dough will be soft and pliable. Cover and let sit for 8 minutes.

I made linguini, spaghetti, and ravioli dough (rolled super thin) I didn't try macaroni to see if this held a hole. I also didn't use 2 yolks to try egg noodles, although the texture is pretty close. There wasn't a lot of difference between tweak #1 or #2.

This is very tasty--one that I will use for now. May I suggest those of you who have been disappointed, try a 1/4 if this recipe to see if this is good for you.
yummmo is offline   Reply With Quote