View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
sbarr
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Hugs...hang in there!

Yes, definitely - bodies can feel overloaded with water, carbs, protein, anything. Your mind may even be playing tricks on you because of your feelings of guilt over what you thought was too much chicken.

Scales are fickle - even to the point of where on the floor it is.

And, yes, it does matter - keep moving forward. I have been through a very rough patch during the past 6 months, but since the beginning of the year, the one thing I had control over was my FOOD. Remember that - family can hurt you, other things can derail your life - finances, friends, you name it. "Getting over it" sounds a lot easier than it is.

But...
But...

But, you can control what you eat. You are a bright lady, you're continually reflecting, analyzing, wondering - so, I would suggest, take control of planning what goes in your mouth. If you feel like you need to take a mental break from the stress - go to your food tracker and figure out your meals for the next week. Treat your food tracker like a video game - do some what if scenarios. Maybe once you figure out your meals, then plop it into a grocery list for upcoming shopping. Maybe look up some recipes and add them to your food tracker (I know you don't cook much, but there might be a few things that interest you).

I find it relaxing to detach myself from what I am eating and plan what I WILL eat - I have fitnesss pal set up through the end of the week and will tweak as I go along. It also allows me to speculate my weight loss based on deficit.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!

Last edited by sbarr; 04-22-2014 at 08:57 AM..
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote