View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #24
KarenB59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KarenB59
Stats: 308/308/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 23, 2013
Hi, I am new to this forum and to JUDDD. I am just beginning to read through the book and hope to ACTUALLY START the Induction Phase on Saturday, March 23, 2013. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time. My problem is sticking to it. I get started, am very gung ho, and then somewhere around the 4th or 5th week, I cave. I just quit because I feel I will never get to where I want to be. I am currently 308 lbs. at 5' 7" and my initial goal weight is to just break the 200 lb. mark and be 199 lbs. After reading your story, I became more inspired. I too compare myself to others and if I have a day where I don't follow the current plan I am on, then I am very hard on myself. I never look at what I HAVE DONE, I always seem to focus on HOW I FAILED!! You are correct in looking at ALL YOU HAVE ACHIEVED even if it is not where you wanted to be at this point. I am going to try very hard to take that philosophy in my next journey. I have a very dear friend who tries so hard to keep me going and I appreciate her very much. I feel that I have let her down too sometimes.

So, enough negativity. THANK YOU so much for your story and for reminding me that I need to congratulate myself for what I have achieved so far, instead of what I have not.

I have purchased the book and I am going to finished reading it and get myself ready for my official March 23, 2013 start date.

Have a great day!
KarenB59 is offline   Reply With Quote