View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
Yam-Yam
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 231/225/180 @5'9"tall and 61 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 til 12/11 then JUDD til 7/4/14...
Start Date: Low carb/ Higher protein some adf maybe 10/15/15
Dr. Dukan talks about the negative calorie effect of foods. He calls it SDA or Specific Dynamic Action.

He gives percentages for different food groups. I don't remember all of them, but I do remember lean protein and fat free dairy being the highest at 30%.

So, if you eat 100 calories of lean protein, it takes so much effort for your body to digest it that 30 calories are burned in the process. You only "get" 70 calories per 100.

Later on in his book, though, when he talks about the Weight Rebound Effect he elaborates on how your body processes calories when you have lost a significant amount of weight.

At some point when your body thinks enough stored fat has been "plundered" it will start figuring out ways to use up every single calorie of all the foods you eat.

That is one of the reasons weight loss slows or stalls after someone has been dieting for a while.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten to that point. At some point after we maintain our loss for a while, we can start the loss again by moving more or finding ways of eating that speed up metabolism.

As I'm JUDDing along, I'm hoping my metabolism will get back on the move again.

Of course, I could add in more exercise. I know I need to. Just not as motivated as I should be.

I've been doing Callanetics and I swear my clothes feel looser. However, every time I've done it so far I get so darned sore I have to wait almost a week to do it again.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote