View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #17
litehousepat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: litehousepat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaminKY View Post
Here's the recipe, I found this recipe on another site and she recommended using the Wilton Deluxe chocolate melter which I found at my local Wal-Mart for $20. This little thing is great for melting the chocolate, so much easier than a double boiler, which I have three of. I use the Ghiradelli 100% bars which I also buy at Wal-Mart for $2.12 each and are in the baking chocolate area. I buy the cocoa butter from a seller on Ebay (Kessil2000) and it's really good and smells heavenly. I made some this past weekend and put chopped up slivered almonds in it and it turned out great. This does make a very dark chocolate, which I prefer.

Homemade Sugar Free Chocolate Chips in Chunks

4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (I used Ghiradelli unsweetened 4oz bar)
1 ounce cocoa butter ( I ordered some from Ebay that's in chunks instead of a jar)
3 tablespoons powdered erythritol
⅛ teaspoon stevia extract
teaspoon vanilla extract

Drizzle a little water in a jellyroll pan then line with plastic wrap. Or, just line the pan with parchment paper. (I just used the parchment and it work fine)

Combine chocolate and cocoa butter in a double boiler or chocolate melter. Heat until all the chocolate and cocoa butter is melted. Add the stevia. Slowly sift in the erythritol. Stir until all the erythritol has dissolved and mixture is smooth. It will take a while to dissolve all the erythritol. Mix in vanilla extract after removing from heat. Pour melted chocolate into prepared pan.

Let cool at room temperature. Once set, if using plastic wrap, carefully lift plastic and place over a towel to remove any water. If parchment paper was used, just lift off pan. Drop chocolate onto a cutting board and cut into chunks using a sharp knife. Store in covered container. Can also be stored in refrigerator or freezer, if desired.

Makes a little over 1 cup
Could you make white chocolate chips out of the recipe??
litehousepat is offline   Reply With Quote